Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bin collecting

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thieving bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pre Pay prices for GreenStar.

Monthly Cost €8.50
    Landfill per KG €0.35
    Recycling per KG €0.05
    Compost per KG €0.20

Now just viewed my lift history, and my lift weights all seem quite light. I only put my bins out when they are brimmed, they have never felt that light manovering them around the drive. I have a funny feeling my weights are going to display a lot higher when this comes in, as going by the current trend my lifts should only be half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

If you don't have a scale, how do you know they're not accurate?

you can't be sure, just reckon. Sometimes you can just feel it. Very often when I left my bin outside it was quite heavy to lift or even maneuver and it was e.g. 12kg on the bill - other time the bin was quite light and showed 20kg! I don't have proofs and my own weightings however just my personal feelings. Anyway I think there was once or twice the reverse situation so status should be quo.

Regarding to new Greenstar prices I personally will see the increase. The old annual service was 129 Euros so 10.75 a month - now 13 Euros. The refuse per kg was the same and compost bin was 2c more than now - with my bin weights approx 20kg a month its was only 40c extra so in total still around 2 Euro extra now.
    The new prepay rates for customers who doesn't have heavy bins may be a better option as the weight cost is little bit higher however service charge is 4.5 Euros less...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

If you don't have a scale, how do you know they're not accurate?

I can't say for sure without a scale, but Greenstar website tells me recent lifts were 25kg and I could barely move it down the driveway (Packed tight with rubbish). The same website told me my recycling was 17kg and I could wheel it with one hand without any effort?

Will be interesting to see if my weight increases once the new system comes in. Wouldn't be surprised if Greenstar were just estimating weights on system up until now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

I personally don't think so that they just estimating weight as I'm pay per weigh customer over one year now so they should have some weighting system installed. However I remember that once there was a pretty high number of kg in my recycling bin (around 3 times heavier than usually and it's always packed with similar stuff, so not heavy at all) bit I ignored this as it's free anyway. I just take it as a system error, so maybe there was no weight on recycling only or maybe it depend of truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Did anyone using Barna Brown bin have a reading other than 7kg..ie never weighed?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

We never got the brown bin from barna. Their online billing system thing is impossible to read - I cannot figure out how much anything is costing - its almost like its deliberately confusing.

We never got the brown bin from barna. Their online billing system thing is impossible to read - I cannot figure out how much anything is costing - its almost like its deliberately confusing.

Don't have a problem with it;

My Account- enter details
    Lift History will show dates and weights for periods from current month to last 12 months
    Transactions will show you monetary transactions for same periods.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

I'm assuming (okay, hoping) that the bring centre down the Quay is unaffected (in any way) by all this new hoo-haw?

I really don't produce much waste (very conscientious when shopping, buy most of my foods based on how little packaging they involve) - probably three or four (tops) bins a year and have been recycling like mad since my teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

LunarSea wrote: »
    I'm assuming (okay, hoping) that the bring centre down the Quay is unaffected (in any way) by all this new hoo-haw?

I really don't produce much waste (very conscientious when shopping, buy most of my foods based on how little packaging they involve) - probably three or four (tops) bins a year and have been recycling like mad since my teens.

Greenstar on the docks has a weighbridge, so it's the same as always, you don't have to be registered with a collection service if you're doing it that way, you just have to make sure you keep all of your receipts. I'm in the same situation as you, I have 3 wheely bins that takes me about 3 months to fill and go down with my car full of recycling which only costs 4 euro for a car full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Greenstar on the docks has a weighbridge, so it's the same as always, you don't have to be registered with a collection service if you're doing it that way, you just have to make sure you keep all of your receipts. I'm in the same situation as you, I have 3 wheely bins that takes me about 3 months to fill and go down with my car full of recycling which only costs 4 euro for a car full.

Ah brilliant, that's what I've been doing for ages now myself (due a visit soon, in fact!).

I'm lucky enough to have a shed, so the recycling sits pretty until a car can be filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Greenstar adviced me of a Compost and Recycling collection yesterday. 7.30pm last night, recycling still not lifted. 2nd time they have not lifted when adviced. Remind me what the standing charge is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Greenstar adviced me of a Compost and Recycling collection yesterday. 7.30pm last night, recycling still not lifted. 2nd time they have not lifted when adviced. Remind me what the standing charge is for?

their text messages are out of sync lately sending incorrect information and so on. Check the calendar on their website for the localized collections

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Collected mine yesterday morning but text said recycling too. Didn't leave recycling out as the flyer i got during the week said compost only. May take a week or too to synchronise all

prodsc wrote: »
    Don't have a problem with it;

My Account- enter details
    Lift History will show dates and weights for periods from current month to last 12 months
    Transactions will show you monetary transactions for same periods.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

I'm assuming its that I'm using it on mobile! I'll try it on the laptop. I've just heard a rumour that out service charge is going to increase in July, have you heard anything? I cannot get through to them to ask.

. I've just heard a rumour that out service charge is going to increase in July, have you heard anything? I cannot get through to them to ask.

I was quoted the following last week to come into effect 1 July

Service charge €17 pm
    Waste 22c per kg
    Compost 12c per kg
    Recycle foc

These may not happen now if govt freeze current charges.

prodsc wrote: »
    I was quoted the following last week to come into effect 1 July

Service charge €17 pm
    Waste 22c per kg
    Compost 12c per kg
    Recycle foc

These may not happen now if govt freeze current charges.

That's great, thanks! That's an increase in service charge though isn't it?

That's great, thanks! That's an increase in service charge though isn't it?

Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

Just moved another refuse sack from my kitchen bin out to my Wheelie Bin. Decided to weigh it out of curiosity. It weighed in at 16KG.

I would have a minimum of 8 of these bags in my wheelie bin before Greenstar lift it. Based on this, I would estimate my full Wheelie bin would weigh somewhere in the region of 130KG when full. This is a huge increase on the previous weights provided by Greenstar website with an average weight of 25KG?

I guess I can assume that they were applying an estimate and not actually weighing my bin.

I expect this to change over the coming months and should get a better idea of what I will have to pay whenever the new system is eventually brought in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement