Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bin collecting

Options

Comments

Pay-by-weight is coming much sooner than the summer of 2016.
    Don't heed Indo's inaccurate reporting: It has not been postponed!

http://www.shannonside.ie/news/leitrim-ahead-in-implementing-new-refuse-systems/

Pay by weight is already here,Barna started on January 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭red bellied

Anyone who got charged for an overweight bin by Barna before January 1st should ring up and they will credit you back, I found out this when I was cancelling, they done away with over payment and cancelled the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Save our libraries

Really good posts here. I've decided to cancel my account with barna the standing charge is just too much I wouldn't have spent that much on bags in a whole year before the price changes. I can take my recycling to sligo or Boyle, I have a compost bin but where can I dispose of non reyclyable waste including meat and cooked food waste which I can't add to my compost bin?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Red Rua

Greenstar monthly standing charge increasing by a further €2 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Last few months(just to spend the money on my accoint) with them - I think it is a lot cheaper to take it to depot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Red Rua wrote: »

Indeed, its getting to be a very unfunny, expensive joke. Is that a standing charge of €8 now? Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

€8.5

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Red Rua wrote: »

Got that letter this morning, only after signing up a few weeks ago.

:(

Had decided to join up, as had been going to the depot previously, but dont want to be building up bags of rubbish any more, and thought a once a month lift on prepay was not working out too costly.

You would think a property tax would cover things like this, like in other countries. Just a shame though the Cocos gave it up to private operations, and i know these services were gave up lomg before the property tax came in, but I'd say even if they did still collect the refuse, you would be sure they would try and profit further on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

I tried to pay Barna €10 to cover my black bin collection this week to discover minimum online payment is now €30...WTF!!

How do people pay bills on top up service?

They didn't collect a previous bin (recycle) because my a/c was in debt by €1 (I had paid but a/c took more than 24hrs to update)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

prodsc wrote: »
    I tried to pay Barna €10 to cover my black bin collection this week to discover minimum online payment is now €30...WTF!!

How do people pay bills on top up service?

They didn't collect a previous bin (recycle) because my a/c was in debt by €1 (I had paid but a/c took more than 24hrs to update)

Got the same shock myself to see the minimum top up go from 10 to 30 euro. It's an absolute disgrace. They are getting away with murder and there is nothing to stop them. It will not end here either. The robbing gits should be ashamed of how they are operating, they don't even have the decency half the time to warn you of the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Anyone know if greenstar are doing they're usual route tomorrow Thursday? Never got a text message from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Roger00 wrote: »
    Anyone know if greenstar are doing they're usual route tomorrow Thursday? Never got a text message from them.

Same as that..no text as yet. (8:15pm) Its hard to stomach that we have to pay a standing charge of €8:50 per month, and no doubt it will go up again.

Not looking forward to receiving Water Bill.

Kettleson wrote: »
    Same as that..no text as yet. (8:15pm) Its hard to stomach that we have to pay a standing charge of €8:50 per month, and no doubt it will go up again.

Not looking forward to receiving Water Bill.

I know it's a complete rip off, they collected this morning (early), I left out two bins last night, compost & general waste, they lifted the general waste but left the compost one so I've just phoned them & I'm awaiting their callback.

I know it's a complete rip off, they collected this morning (early), I left out two bins last night, compost & general waste, they lifted the general waste but left the compost one so I've just phoned them & I'm awaiting their callback.

If you are in town they only lift one type of bin every fortnight..this week is GW..next week recycling and compost.

prodsc wrote: »
    If you are in town they only lift one type of bin every fortnight..this week is GW..next week recycling and compost.

Yes I'm in town, I know they lift fortnightly, your wrong about the combination though, compost & general waste are lifted the same day, next week is recycling.
    Got a callback from greenstar, theres a problem with the second lift on the truck & another truck will be around later today, thats what Ben in Dublin said anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yes I'm in town, I know they lift fortnightly, your wrong about the combination though, compost & general waste are lifted the same day, next week is recycling.
    Got a callback from greenstar, theres a problem with the second lift on the truck & another truck will be around later today, thats what Ben in Dublin said anyway.

I wouldn't hold your breath

I wouldn't hold your breath

Collected at 5.15pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Collected at 5.15pm :)

Ahh, makes the doubling of the standing charge seem all worthwhile...

rizzodun wrote: »
    Ahh, makes the doubling of the standing charge seem all worthwhile...

No it doesn't :D

Didn't realise you were talking about Greenstar...Barna lift Recycle and Compost on same day.
    Heard that it was difficult to get Greenstar to give you a Compost back at the start..one of the reasons i didn't go with them.

• Advertisement

Greenstar have out done Barna which I didn't think possible. I signed up for a package at the start of the year for 126 euros which included free recyclable bin every two weeks plus they sneaked in another fiver due to fuel costs which I never noticed at the time.I wonder do they give you this back now that diesel prices have down? Anyway I was happy enough overall until this morning I got a bill through the post.

So according to the bill I left out seven general waste bins leaving a bill of fifty euros when in fact I haven't even left one out, also there system has me down for using the recycling lift four times which is also wrong. I have left the recycling one out every two weeks since I signed up afterall this was the angle I signed up for. I left out the compost bin for the first time last week and they even bother to lift that.

So I gave them a ring this morning twice in fact and ya might as well be talking to the cat. Its down on their system so it might as well be God's gospel, I tried explaining that I was on their recyclable lift to see if they would catch my drift, why would I only use the service I had signed up for four times over the space of three months. These refuge collectors are beyond a joke at this stage and their customer care are an absolute joke and by their attitude on the phone they were making me out to be a liar. I am expecting a call from one of their managers but I don't think that is going to happen until I get on the phone again.

Greenstar have out done Barna which I didn't think possible. I signed up for a package at the start of the year for 126 euros which included free recyclable bin every two weeks plus they sneaked in another fiver due to fuel costs which I never noticed at the time.I wonder do they give you this back now that diesel prices have down? Anyway I was happy enough overall until this morning I got a bill through the post.

So according to the bill I left out seven general waste bins leaving a bill of fifty euros when in fact I haven't even left one out, also there system has me down for using the recycling lift four times which is also wrong. I have left the recycling one out every two weeks since I signed up afterall this was the angle I signed up for. I left out the compost bin for the first time last week and they even bother to lift that.

So I gave them a ring this morning twice in fact and ya might as well be talking to the cat. Its down on their system so it might as well be God's gospel, I tried explaining that I was on their recyclable lift to see if they would catch my drift, why would I only use the service I had signed up for four times over the space of three months. These refuge collectors are beyond a joke at this stage and their customer care are an absolute joke and by their attitude on the phone they were making me out to be a liar. I am expecting a call from one of their managers but I don't think that is going to happen until I get on the phone again.

Try posting on their Facebook page,they usually answer quicker on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'm still waiting on them to call me. 8 months later

I got sorted in the end up after I rang for the third time, got talking to a manager. They sent a lad up, checked out the bins and he has to rescan them later or something, in fairness to him he puts there customer care up in Dublin to shame. He actually listened to what I had to say and not going what is on some computer screen as gospel truth. I do half expect the money to come out of my account still, they are that kind of shower.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Does anyone know how the bin collection and related charges would work for holiday homes, for instance? Do you still have to pay for the full year?

Monthy charges - yep, if You will pay for 6-12 months in advance -it is already paid. So one way or another You will be paying as we all;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Daylight robbery it is, so.

Or You can keep You rubbish somewhere and take it to them once a while.

If that's an option, I'll probably do that.

• Advertisement

It is but keep the f... receipts;)

Advertisement