Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Affair [Showtime]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Sky Atlantic the 13th of May at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Was flicking between this and the champions league last night. Didn't seem to be too bad but it's not really the type of show I would watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

It's an interesting way to film it for sure, but I just feel there is something missing from it. I find that I don't really care all too much for either of the main characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Did anyone notice a sound issue on Sky Atlantic?

Dialogue was fine, but background/activity sound was tinny/echoey?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Caught the first two episodes on Sky Atlantic and while thoroughly enjoying it, I also found it a bit weird. I like it's originality though.

They have the third episode on tonight so I'll keep going with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

callaway92 wrote: »
    Caught the first two episodes on Sky Atlantic and while thoroughly enjoying it, I also found it a bit weird. I like it's originality though.

They have the third episode on tonight so I'll keep going with it!

+1

Found the kids annoying and stressful and the sex scenes a bit weird, but still want to know whats going on!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think they saw "a good thing" and decided on a second season, a bit like Broadchurch, but The Affair has botched it before the end of the first season.

I enjoyed the whole thing, apart from the final confrontation, which seemed contrived, rushed and off-kilter to me. I think they re-filmed the final episode to engineer a cliffhanger after they'd been renewed for a second season. It just didn't fit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement

Took my time finishing season 1 (just finished tonight). Loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Another tease...

looking forward to this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭moby2101

northgirl wrote: »
    looking forward to this now :)

+1
    Really good couple of years of quality TV from the U.S...this is probably one of the best since 'BB and MM finished...season 2 looks very promising

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cardinals

Hi,

Does anyone know when the new season will begin for sure? I keep checking the imdb source, but the dates keep changing....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

moby2101 wrote: »
    season 2 looks very promising

Looks a bit "Revengy" to me.

"I don't want her anywhere near my kids" - what a cliché line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Looks a bit "Revengy" to me.

"I don't want her anywhere near my kids" - what a cliché line.

I agree, I enjoyed watching season 1, there was some fantastic acting and Alison really brought gritty human drama to life inside a slightly tired, cliched old tale of an affair mixed with a "who done it". I was very disappointed with the ending, it just didn't fit for me, going into a flashy series 2 looks like it's just promising a perpetuating of the same old story that should've been tied up in season one.

2.01 seems to have leaked. Will hold off watching, for now.

Watched Ep1 last night, was grand, seems to be a new "mystery".

Jaysis, Toby looks really old too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

What channel is it on?

Good opener.
    Aimeee wrote: »
    What channel is it on?

Sky have it from Oct 28th. Otherwise, internet - ahem.

https://twitter.com/skyatlantic/status/650628964667359232

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Thank you Sky will be perfect. Making note of date. Thanks again.

Looking forward to watching this. Will probably just watch it weekly on Sky Atlantic.

Loved the 1st Season. Only finished it in about July or so, so I'm itching for more!

It starts with the small lies, I guess.

Cole had an interesting day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just picking up season 2 now, a similar style, but I like the introduction of a new focus on Maura Tierney's character, it seems they are broadening out the scope.

I can see how it may annoy some people, it is very slow and static at times, long shots of characters just sitting. But this suits the style, and it has great music.

On a slightly separate note, I just discovered a sit-com that Maura Tierney was in in the 90s, called Newsradio. It's not bad, I think all eps. are available on youtube, don't think it was ever shown over here. The remarkable thing is that she looks almost exactly the same now as she did in 1996. She must have great genes, or a great plastic surgeon, or both....

https://youtu.be/tlVkK8UAups

2.03 - Yeah, I mean of course you give your friend
    50,000 quid in the build up to telling them you're sleeping with their wife.

Helen had a bit of a day. Noah too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What was that red lozenge thing she took?

• Advertisement

What was that red lozenge thing she took?

Google says something Max gave her in an earlier ep - pot.

Advertisement