Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 QuantumChronos

If anyone still needs Chemistry, Maths Paper 1 or English pm me cause I have the papers. Also if anyone has the papers for Applied Maths (either company) it would be GREATLY appreciated, I have a mock on Thursday and I'm freaking out xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Digi0204 wrote: »
    Hi, could you please send more imformations what was in papers 1&2 English OL. Thank you so much

Have you not got your mocks done yet? Getting quite late?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

How did everyone do in the mocks ?
    I ended up with 370 points which I was delighted with as thats what my course was last year.
    So im definitely on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Aarong9224 wrote: »
    I ended up with 370 points which I was delighted with as thats what my course was last year.

Ended with 400 points, course is 430 but likely to rise so im aiming for 480 in the real! Orals and geo project excluded, so i should be able to get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladypage

Hey, our English class have to answer the Leaving Cert mock question on WB Yeats but I lost the paper and my friend also wanted to get the question from me. If anyone would be able to post the question or even the exam paper I would be so grateful! I'm sorry I'm not sure which paper it is, but it also had a question on Heaney, Dickinson and Lady Macbeth. Thank you so much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

I'm pretty sure it's this question, from the DEB mock:
    '"Yeats' creative use of language ans imagery highlights the profound ideas expressed in his poetry."
    In your opinion, is this a fair assessment of his poetry? Support your points with suitable reference to the poetry of William Butler Yeats on your course.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladypage

snip unspoilered quote

Thank you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nour

Spoiler: Theme: Heroes and Villans

Text1: 'The Importance of Superheroes'
    Re: the avengers
    Ai) What evidence does the writer offer to explain the success of the movie, <i>The Avengers</i>? Support your answer with reference to the written text.

ii) Would yhoo agree or disagree with the view that the writer has made a convincing case for the female characters mentioned in the above extract to be considered as positive role models? Support your point of view with reference to the text.

iii) How does the writer succeed in creating a piece which is both informative and entertaining? Support your answer with revenge to both the style and content of the written text.

B) Television and film are often accused of stereotyping both men and women in a certain way. Write a letter to a national newspaper expressing your views on the matter.

Text2: "The Heroic Myth of War Reporting"
    Re: based on an article in the independent about the role of the correspondent
    Ai) From your reading of the above extract, outline the view of the writer, Robert Frisk, on the role of the war correspondent. Support your answer with reference to the text.

ii) In your opinion, how effectively does each of the visual help the reader to comprehend the realities of war reporting? In your answer, yhoo should refer to all of the visual images in the text.

[a picture of a reporter with an explosion behind her, a pic of a woman sitting amongst rubble, a pic of two guys in wheelchairs]

iii) Robert Fisk's style of journalism is both descriptive and persuasive. Based on your reading of the written extract above, would you agree or disagree with this view? Refer to both the content and style of the text in support of your answer.

B) Imagine yhoo are one of the US marines who "were writing diaries of their experiences" during the Gulf War. Write two diaries entries, one before and one after your arrival in the war zone.

Text3: "In Pursuit of a Villain"
    Re: extract from Sherlock Holmes

Ai) Based on your reading of the above extract, what impression do yhoo form of the fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes? Support your view with reference to the text.

ii) Both the written and the visual elements of Text 3 convey an atmosphere of tension and suspense. To what extent would yhoo agree with this statement? Refer to both of the visual images and the written text in support of your answer.

[image1 man smoking pipe other man looking at him, image2 dark outdoor pic male silhouette in centre]

iii) The above passage has all the qualities of a compelling narrative. Do yhoo agree that this extract from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's narrative, <i>The Final Problem<i/>, is rich in language and imagery? Support your answer with reference to the written text.

B) Imagine that as a reporter for a local newspaper yhoo have uncovered an important issue in the public interest. Write a proposal to your editor in which yhoo explain what yhoo have discovered and describe how you would like to expose what yhoo have found.

COMPOSING

Write an article for a school magazine about the need to escape from everyday life.

Write a personal essay about the pressure to conform to other people's expectations.

Write a short story in which the central character must act in a courageous manner.

Write a speech in which yhoo argue for or against the motion, "Truth is undervalued in today's world."

Write an article for a popular magazine in which yhoo discuss your views on crime and punishment in society today.

Wrote a descriptive essay entitled, "a perfect world"

Write a short story in which rumour/gossip plays a significant part.

Is this for OL or Higher Level DEB english?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

How is this thread still going, what's the point in having mocks this late!

LoveLamps wrote: »
    How is this thread still going, what's the point in having mocks this late!

Ask my school. If you have an answer that you would like to share go ahead and give it no need for your preaching .:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sallyabdovic

Higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sallyabdovic

Someone pleeeeeaaaaaase help me with these 2014 mocks. NOT the exam craft company, Ada, pleeeeaaase

These subjects (much appreciated if you can help with just one)
    Maths O&H paper 2
    English O&H paper 2
    Physics O
    Economics O
    Business O&H
    Geography H

Please help pleaaaase please

spoiler:
    Effect of an EU policy on Ireland,
    2 reasons why a pharmaceutical factory would set up is an area on the ordnance survey map,
    Conflict of Interest
    European region that has suffered industrial decline
    MNC's
    Also for the question land-form on erosion/deposition there s NO waterfall on the map just incase your banking on that
    Tell simo to call me if he wants the physics questions.

Someone pleeeeeaaaaaase help me with these 2014 mocks. NOT the exam craft company, Ada, pleeeeaaase

These subjects (much appreciated if you can help with just one)
    Maths O&H paper 2
    English O&H paper 2
    Physics O
    Economics O
    Business O&H
    Geography H

Please help pleaaaase please

A bit more.
    For the economic elective in DEB HL Geography the topics people have mentioned were:
    MNC
    Urban area (don't know which)
    Conflict of interest
    Industrial decline
    One EU policy
    Map reading 30marker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Search through the thread for posts. Almost all those asked about have been posted.

**edit closing this thread now since the last few 'new' posters appear to know each other and can just ask each other in 'the real world'.

Update
    Thread re-opened, but will be closed again if people post without spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

Is it possible for anyone to pm me on the mock papers in maths higher level? Looking for practice.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Anyone have mock papers for Maths,biology,physics, chemistry, applied maths or dcg pm me. I have past physics and maths ones if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭aoife524

Huell wrote: »
    Anyone have mock papers for Maths,biology,physics, chemistry, applied maths or dcg pm me. I have past physics and maths ones if you want?

Could you send me tHe maths please? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Could I get the physics ones please? Cheers :D And I'm afraid I have none of what you're looking for aside from DEB physics (which I assume you have) and ordinary DEB maths (and I think youre doing HL)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 legend12

Anyone able to pm me the higher level maths papers for examcraft ??? Will give you the deb paper if helps:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 legend12

Have maths and physics deb higher level if helps could you pm me past physics and maths please :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Huell asked for PMs, please don't clog up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Madman60

Hey sorry to bother people but could anyone pm me examcraft higher level maths paper 2 plus solution if have them:) I have all my subjects deb plus solutions if want them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ShoePolish

As clear in the title, I was wondering if it is possible to get my hands on the Examcraft Leaving Cert Maths mock from this year, Higher Level (2014).

If anyone may be generous enough to mail me a copy of this mock, I would be very grateful, since I am a leaving cert student looking for at least a B1 in June. I've already sat the DEB mock, and would like a more broad view of what other students experienced in their mock and how it compares with the mock I sat along with the past and sample papers.

Much Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

Could someone pm me the examcraft HL math mock please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

Aarong9224 wrote: »

460 :)
    Need between 470-485

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

ShoePolish wrote: »
    As clear in the title, I was wondering if it is possible to get my hands on the Examcraft Leaving Cert Maths mock from this year, Higher Level (2014).

If anyone may be generous enough to mail me a copy of this mock, I would be very grateful, since I am a leaving cert student looking for at least a B1 in June. I've already sat the DEB mock, and would like a more broad view of what other students experienced in their mock and how it compares with the mock I sat along with the past and sample papers.

Much Appreciated.

Hey,

Unfortunately I don't do Higher Level Maths. But have you tried asking your teacher if they have the mock cause some schools get the two mocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ShoePolish

fishnetsxD wrote: »
    Hey,

Unfortunately I don't do Higher Level Maths. But have you tried asking your teacher if they have the mock cause some schools get the two mocks :)

Actually, haven't tried that.. :P Thanks for the advice, I'll ask her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

I would be so grateful if anybody could pm me the 2014 higher level maths mock ~ paper 2 (DEB) :)
    Thank you in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Could anyone PM me the DEB HL maths paper 1 mock please?

Advertisement