Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 legend12

olgy44 wrote: »
    pride and prejudice HL examcraft anyone?

Right haven't tried this yet so my spoiler mite not work
    (spoiler) Eliza Bennett credible heroine due to her faults as well as her strengths (spoiler)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mmark3

maths paper deb higher level paper 2 SPOILER
    1(A) the volume in litres of petrol purchased per visit at a filling station was analysed. The random variable x, where x is volume of petrol purchased, follows a normal distribution with mean 37 and standard deviation 9.
    (i) Find P ( x is less than or equal to 45)
    (ii) Find P(x is greater or equal to 30 and less than or equal to 45)
    (b) cost of petrol is 1.49 per litre. Given 90 per cent of customers spend more than N euro, find N.
    3(a) l is the line x+2y-6=0. The line k is perpendicular to l and its y intercept is -7. Find the equation of k
    (b) m and n are 2 lines which pass trough the point of intersection of lines l and k (6,-3) is a point on m. Find the equation of m.
    (ii) Find the two possible equations of n, if the angle between m and n is 45 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Heiseinberg

Examcraft Maths
    legend12 wrote: »
    Was the financial maths like a long question or just a bit of a question?? I know that sounds silly but my teacher told us we getting the maths paper with just a little financial maths !! So trying to guess which hoping its examcraft :)
    I remember it to be something like
    Alan wants to save 50000 at the end of then years. There is an interest rate of 2.5% (not sure about that figure) every year. How much will he need to invest every year to save 50000,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irish_Hunter_

DEB HL Maths
    I remember it to be something like
    Alan wants to save 50000 at the end of then years. There is an interest rate of 2.5% (not sure about that figure) every year. How much will he need to invest every year to save 50000,
    For DEB HL the
    ]financial question also made you convert yearly rate to Monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmunran

123smith wrote: »
    Could someone confirm if
    gaeilge
    comes up in the aisti in irish DEB HL? It was mentioned in one post but not in any other one.

Yeah it does.. it comes up like
    Fiúntas na Gaeilge agus an cultúr Gaelach

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread temporarily closed to give mods a chance to clear out all the requests and do something about the unspoilered posts.

This could easily be permanently closed if people do not follow the rules.

**edit** OK, opened again, but please, how hard is it to do a search, or add
    before and [ / spoiler](no gaps) after information?

No requests thanks. If someone has posted a paper and left out a question you are interested in, PM them.

As said before, re-regs are not allowed in this thread and users will be banned if found to be re-regs.

more info on deb hl maths p 2
    SPOILER
    Q4 c1 is the circle x squared + y squared-4y-20=0 and l is the line 2x-y+5+0
    (a) write down the centre and radius lenght of c1
    (b) Find the perpendicular distance from the centre of c1 to the line l in surd form
    (ii) Hence or otherwise find PQ in surd form
    (c) PQ is the diameter of circle c2
    Find the equation of c2
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wackojacko11

Q.1 -benefits of bacteria
    -terms ie. compensatory growth, conform.
    -germination
    -FCR and know pig fcr
    -certified seed
    -cow activity meter
    Podzol soil
    -components of chromosome
    Zoonose

2. Know chem. weathering
    CEC in soil
    Different terms eg flocculation etc
    Experiment on capillary action

3. Know liver fluke, and info on fodder crop and barley, tillering and under sowing.

Grassland, hormones in sheep, potatoes.

4. Experiments:
    1 percentage of water and solids in milk
    2 difestibility of rolled barley vs. whole barley
    3 production f heat during seed germination
    4 no. Of earthworms On pasture

5. Milk composition, and factors.
    Colostrum, sugar beet, housing animals in winter

6. Symbiosis, red and white clover and advntgs.
    Fertility probs in dairy herd, extended grazing, leys.

7. Am/pm rule, transgenic animals (I had no idea what either of the above were!), why fruit fly ad peas used by Mendel?
    Then a normal cross!

8. Culling dairy cows, target weights of dairy calf, achieving target weights, digestive system of ruminant + diagram, acidosis, eutrophication, BOD, liquid creamery milk, monocots dicots.

9. Topping grass during grazing
    Conserving hedgerows,
    Leather hackers in cereal crops following grass
    Wilting grass for silage

maths deb paper 2 more spoilers
    Q 5 (a) prove that tan(A+B=tan A+tan B/1- tan A tan B (b) show that value of 75 degrees = 2+root3
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathyann123

HL EXAMCRAFT ACCOUNTING
    1.SOLE TRADER
    2. REVALUATION
    3.CREDITOR CONTROL
    4. CASHFLOW
    5. INTERPRETATION
    6.SUSPENSE
    7. SERVICE
    8. MARGINAL AND FLEXIBLE BUDGETING
    9. PRODUCTION BUDGETS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Business DEB, The short questions were lovely

S
    trategic Alliance
    Balance of trade and payments
    Household and Enterprise activities in common
    Performance Appraisal
    Match EU Institutes to the right box
    Benefits of Business Plan
    Public liability and Product Liability
    Can't remember the other three but they were pretty simple!

ABQ -
    Management activities (30) How can Intraprenship be encourgared and Entrepreneurship skills. The obligations that the Owners has the different stakeholders in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PhillipBC

Irish OL DEB Paper 2
    Léamthuiscint on Brian O'Droiscoll and some Translator guy
    Prós: Write an a summary on Gnáthruid and Oisín i dTír na nÓg
    Filiocht: Geibheann- short questions and why you like it
    Colscaradh- short questions and why you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmunran

To anyone thats done the French hl Deb: was it
    unemployment in young people or homelessness for young people ?
    There's different posts saying different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

hmunran wrote: »
    To anyone thats done the French hl Deb: was it
    unemployment in young people or homelessness for young people ?
    There's different posts saying different things
    unemployment. It was more how unemployment was an impactof the recession for the future etc
    There was also a question on what you think of french having 4 and a half days of school as opposed to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DundalkMarist

If anyone needs specific questions on english paper 1 OL, DEB msg me, I have the paper here.

English paper 2, OL DEB
    prescribed poem- After the Titanic -Derek Mahon, and also there is a question on relationships and theme, for the comparison questions
    Sorry thats all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Reid95

two of the four choice essay questions
    Irish Song Tradition and instrumental group in relation to Irish music
    the longer listening question is
    Mozart
    and from the composing question 5 is
    a major chord
    its from the paper with the barcode at the top left corner! Mod Edit - probably DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

HL Music deb
    listening paper mozart as long q, berlioz march au supplice , deane sectiona3 and shes leaving home, can remember all the essay qs for irish music but one was influence of irish music in north america and one could have been irish song tradition composing paper anacrusis minor melody, major backing chords
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jay2134

HollyS96 wrote: »
    Since nobody has posted Business HL Examcraft thought I would -
    SHORT QUESTIONS:

Write what CEB, NAMA, CRO mean. Explain the role of one.
    Define promotional mix and name 3 elements of it.
    State two other ways of terminating a contract other than agreement.
    There was a ratio question (sorry can’t remember what one)
    Name five EU institutions.
    Explain what empowerment is. Name 2 benefits of empowerment.
    You are given types of businesses and their definitions and need to match the letter & numbers. (Global business, private limited company, public limited company, transnational corporation, indigenous)

ABQ:

It was about a woman who started up a new business ‘GLAD-RAGS Ltd'

Four entrepreneurial skills/characteristics
    Write a letter to her addressing the staffing/management problems she is facing and refer to relevant Irish legislation. (She was discriminating against a male in a job interview based on his gender which is the Employment Equality Act 1998. She was thinking about letting a worker go because she complained about minimum pay and conditions – this is the Unfair Dismissals Act).
    Outline how improved communication would benefit her business.

LONG QUESTIONS:

Q1 – explain co-operative relationships, competitive relationships, interest groups. Consumer protection act 2007. C was labour relations commission.
    Q3 – Calculate balance of trade, balance of payments and explain what is meant by ‘balance of invisible trade’. Write about two EU policies (EU social policy, common fisheries policy, EU competition policy). Two challenges and two opportunities for Irish business and the economy through an enlarged EU.
    Q4 – benefits of democratic leadership, why planning is important to business (refer to different plans in answer), draw a product or matrix organisational structure and outline two benefits of either organisational structure.
    Q6 – Explain brainstorming, import substitution, research & development. Explain difference between fixed costs and variable costs then calculate the bep, margin of safety at targeted output, profit at full capacity from the figures given. (You do NOT have to draw a break even chart). List 5 headings in a business plan and state two benefits of a business plan to management.

Hi could you tell me what Question 2 was?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

HL EXAMCRAFT ACCOUNTING
    1.SOLE TRADER
    2. REVALUATION
    3.CREDITOR CONTROL
    4. CASHFLOW
    5. INTERPRETATION
    6.SUSPENSE
    7. SERVICE
    9. PRODUCTION BUDGETS

Thanks for this :) do you remeber what the part b of the interpretation was? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lukeh1996

HL EXAMCRAFT ACCOUNTING
    1.SOLE TRADER
    2. REVALUATION
    3.CREDITOR CONTROL
    4. CASHFLOW
    5. INTERPRETATION
    6.SUSPENSE
    7. SERVICE
    9. PRODUCTION BUDGETS

can i ask how you found it? any tricky stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Smithy96

Sorry i don't know what company it was but i will give you the topics that came up on my exam today

*Other posters suggest DEB - Mod
    Q1 Drawing: Window cill & above window
    Can't remember exact question but the main topics are as follow
    Roof to chimney drawing
    Sewage and waste system
    U-value
    Designing a house for old person in a wheelchair
    Safety
    Making a house with low environmental impact
    Foundations
    Insulation
    You only need to do five questions. Look at previous exams, the same type of questions come up every year.
    Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PsychoSull

ddtreasure wrote: »
    Anyone whos done English OL Paper 1, just want to make sure,..
    the Comprehension about Rosie Hackett/Dublin Tenaments..and there was another one about Nelson Mandela.
    is this the DEB Paper?

Yes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

HL Chemistry Examcraft
    Q1: Iron Tablets experiment (know why dilute sulfuric acid was used both times, why nitric acid is an unsuitable acid, calculation)
    Q2: Preparation of Ethyne (know balanced eqt, appearance of calcium carbide, test for unsaturation, definition of unsaturation)
    Q3: Production of Oxygen (know balanced eqt, plot a graph, instantaneous rate, draw a diagram)
    Q4: STP Calculation, 2 ways nitrogen fixation occurs, Balmer series, difference between sigma and pi bonding, 2 hydrocarbons used in assigning Octane numbers, Sulfate ion test, Fehlings solution test on Ethanal
    Q5: Newland's contribution to the periodic table, definition of ionisation energy, plot a graph, trends in periodic table re ionisation energies, dot and cross diagram of water, shape and bond angle of water
    Q6: Oil refining (components of LPG, describe stages in fractional distillation)
    Q7: Chemical equilibrium
    Q8: Organic chemistry in relation to Prop-1-ene, Propanol and Propanone, Structural isomers of Propanol. Redox reactions of Prop-1-ene to Propanone.
    Q9: Water/pH
    Q10: a) Limiting reactant and percentage yield calculation between Ethanal and Dichromate b) Definition of isotopes, relative atomic mass, mass spectrometer c) can't remember
    Q11: a) Electrolysis b) Ideal gas behaviour, PV=nRT calculation c) Atmospheric chemistry, definition of ozone and CFC's and know how they are made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cutiepie21

Does anyone know which French H/L paper has
    2 picture on it, and has topics such as money, and unemployment??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have already banned some constant request posters. Follow the rules or don't post here.

suman_malik banned for a week for repeatedly ignoring the mod instruction not to post requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BronaG

I have Examcraft HL and OL IRISH paper 1 spoilers if anyone wants them

BronaG wrote: »

Post them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

FRENCH DEB HL:
    Q1- It's all about money these days, do you agree?
    Q2-Journal Intime, you want to go to a music festival but your parents won't let you.
    Q3-French students are in favour of shorter school days, what do you think?
    How can we prevent unemployment among young people from being a longterm problem?
    Q4-Physical activity is just as important for kids as sleep, school and food. Your opinion.
    Something about nuclear power, can't remember the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bananaheadrach

BronaG wrote: »

Can you post the conversation and letter please?

Advertisement