Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irish_Hunter_

DEB DCG HL

Section A: I don't have A as you need to hand it up. If I remember correctly, there was
    one axonometric question involving a circular curve. There was a strange question involving circles (skipped it) There was an easy perspective question involving one AVP. There was a tetrahedron question where you needed to find the true shape of one surface. Overall, sec. A was handy enough.
    Section B: 1:
    Given two planes that are connected by a line. Draw plan+elevation (easy). Determine dihedral angle (also easy). Draw a triangle and a rectangle within them (wasn't prepared for this, wasn't too hard though). Determine traces of planes of one of the surfaces (couldn't remember how to do this, but I think it's easy enough).

2:
    VERY stupid question. Scale was 1:4, which meant the whole question was smaller than my fist. I skipped it because of this. It was a truncated hollow pipe Draw a plan, elevation and end view. Draw focal spheres and locate focal point, vertex and directrix for elliptical cut. Find true shape of ellipse. (Supposedly a difficult question.)

3:
    Another odd question: Interpenetration. A simple shape is cut by an equilateral prism. There are no overlaps, and nothing seems to be in any way challenging. Put simply, this question was TOO EASY. It is not a good representation of what the real LC will be. It should take no longer than 10 minutes.

Section C: 1:
    Roads and Mining (surprise, surprise). Simple straight line road: no curves or turns. One section is level and another is sloping down from 65m to 50m (they give you the two points) Use a circle to get the angle. Cuttings and embankments are both featured. Mining: "A borehole is drilled form E which has an altitude of 75m in a SW direction in plan and a true inclination of 50deg. to the horizontal plane. Draw the projections of the borehole. The shortedt borehole between point D which has an altitude of 60m and the borehole E is required. Draw the plan of this borehole." I messed this up.
    :(

2:
    Hyperboloid of revolution. Draw a plan+elevation. (You can use asymptotes or vertex etc...). The hyperbolid of revolution is cut. You need to project an end view of it to show the cut's true shape. (Not too bad. Last part took a while though).

3:
    Surface geometry. Given a litter bin. Draw plan+elevation. Project and end view. Draw development of top surface (it's a circular curve in elevation and an ellipse in plan).
    4:
    Dynamic mechanisms:
    I don't do this so I can't really explain it.
    You are given a toy. You need to plot a "locus point P" for 1 movement.
    Next, you are given a spiral staircase. The centre spine is a helix.
    Draw a plan+elevation. Determine the "helical path between A and B".
    Determine the length of the centre spine.
    5:
    Assemblies.
    Given a wall mounted hand basin. Draw an elevation and sectional elevation.
    Determine the maximum and minimum distance it can swing from the wall. (It can rotate around a support).

I hope my description meant something to guys (and ladies?) doing 3,4 and 5, as I have no idea what I was typing.

Overall I think that this exam was too easy and very strange.
    Good luck in the rest of your exams fellow 6th years.

Irish OL DEB:
    Comprehensions were comprehensible.
    Ceist 2: Oisín i dTir na nÓg. Some questions on what happened. I recommend that you go online and read an English summary at the very least, so that you know the basic plot.

An Gnáthrud: summarise.

Seal i Neipeal.

Ceist 2: Géibheann: Short questions.
    Colscaradh: Short questions. (Did you like the poem etc...)

Okay, so I have, and have had, both Physics papers for some time. Due to time pressure with study etc... I was unable to post them. They are both long and I don't have time to even properly summarise each question. But I will type out as much as I can. Please don't ask me to post any more physics.

Examcraft Physics:
    Sec A:
    1 Mand. Exp: Calibration of thermocouple. You are given results. You must draw a graph to show e.m.f. against temp. Draw apparatus. Explain how quantities were measured. Find the rate of change of e.m.f. per degree rise.

2: Mand Exp: Measure specific heat capacity of a "liquid". Given mass of calorimeter, calorimeter+liquid, initial temp of calorimeter+liquid, final temp of calorimeter+liquid, and energy supplied. Find specific heat capacity of water.
    Draw a diagram of apparatus.
    3: Mand Exp: verify Snell's Law. Know this exp well enough to explain it.

4: Mand Exp: Relationship between natural frequency of string and its tension. You must know this exp well. Also need to be able to calc. the mass of the wire per unit length.

Sec: B
    5: Know: Doppler effect, threshold of hearing, methods of white light dispersal, calculate charge when you know the current and time, critical angle of light, initial velocity when given height of thrown object, transverse vs longitudinal waves, examples of conversions of energy, what happens when electrons collide with metal, name sub-atomic particles affected by the strong force, OR gates.

6: Displacement and velocity. Satellite orbits.

7: Constructive/destructive interference. Mand Exp: show wave nature of light. Wavelength questions.

8: Simple harmonic motion with a spring. Pendulum questions.

9:Latent heat+ perspiration.

10: (a) Lithium+proton formula. Baryons/mesons. Up/down quarks.
    (b) Mand Exp: current carrying conductors in mag. fields experience a force.
    Draw a diagram of a D.C. motor. A.C. generators.

11: Einstein's photoelectric law. Radiation.

12 (a) Capacitance.
    (b) Nuclear questions.
    (c) Mand Exp: wave nature of sound.
    (d) Coulomb's Law.

DEB:
    Sec A: 1: Mand Exp: Measure distance against time taken for 50 oscillations for a pendulum bob.

2: Mand Exp: Wave nature of light from monochromatic source. Be able to calculate angles.

3: Mand Exp: Fundamental frequency and tension. Describe exp. Find mass of string.

4: Mand Exp: Variation of current with Voltage. Ohm's law.

Sec: B:
    5: Know: Pressure, angular velocity, thermometric property, sound intensity level (dB), capacitance, radial vs ring circuits, solenoid field, X ray tubes, alpha/beta particles and what happens to the formula when they are given off, quark composition of an anti-neutron, truth table for an OR gate.

6: Mand Exp: resultant of 2 vectors. Vector vs scaler. Explain the relationships between gravity, angle of inclination, and froction. Calculate forces of friction.

7: Specific latent heat and heat capacity.
    Perspiration. Explain refrigerators. Heat lost/gained question.

8: Lenz's Law. Dimmer switches. Know transformers well.

9: Photoelectric effect. Photons are incident on a plate: calculate energy. Describe an exp to demonstrate photoelectric effect.

10: (a) Fundamental forces of nature. Beta decay.
    (b) Rectifiers. Capacitors. a.c. voltage generators.

11: Spectra of elements. Light intensity. Lenses.

12: (a) Conservation of momentum.
    (b) Fiber optic cables. Refractive index.
    (c) Resistivity. Calculate total resistance of a circuit.

(d) Fusion vs Fission. Moderators+ control rods in fission reactors.
    Warning: This is a neither word-for-word NOR is it an exhaustive list. I only included what I thought was very important. If you want an A, you need to do extra work.
    I was certain DEB was coming up and I got Examcraft. Know BOTH papers. It looks like a lot of study, but just start by learning all the mandatory experiments that I listed. Then learn q 5 answers, as that is the easiest. Then pick 4 long questions from each paper and that will guarentee you >50%.
    Not the worst papers I've ever seen, just know those experiments! Good luck fellow physicists. :3

Sec: A 1 Normal distribution, mean and standard deviation.
    2: Easy probability tree diagram question.
    3: Equation of a line. Intersection of a line.
    4:Circles.
    5: Prove that tan(A+B)=tanA+tanB/1-tanAtanB
    Show that tan75=2+root3
    Find value of tan15
    6A: Explain similar vs congruent triangles.
    Prove that if triangles are similar, their sides are proportional.
    6B: Geometric proofs. (skipped this one)

Section B:
    7: Extremely grueling question on the London Eye. The questions revolved around the fact that, as the wheel spins, the capsules attached to it rotate at a given speed. You need to be able to find: Max height of a capsule, angle of rotation after a given time. Form an expression for t, draw a graph to show a capsule's height with respect to time, distances off the ground. Like I said: grueling.
    8: 8 was easier. It was an analysis of collage students test results. Fairly easy. Be able to explain samples and populations. Methods of sampling. Correlation coefficients. Line of best fit. Slope of line of best fit. (Seriously, these questions were REALLY easy. Like, Junior Cert easy.) The next part of 8 had probabilities. This was a bit tougher. Just be able to add/multiply probabilities and do hypothesis testing and you'll be fine.
    One very hard and one very easy long question.
    I hope I helped. Remember, Examcraft if always an option for teachers, so prepare for both papers.
    I was disappointed that there were no formal constructions or Bernoulli trials
    in this.
    Good luck fellow mathematicians. :3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Posted on behalf of duignom: UPDATED

Applied Maths Examcraft HL
    1. (a)Basic acceleration/deceleration
    (b) Two cars, start at different times. Find max distance one car gets in front of the other.

2.(a) River question. Crossed by shortest time + shortest distance. Find difference in two times.
    (b) Two cars intersecting. Relative velocity + shortest distance.

3.(a) Given range in u and g. Find values for alpha. Given ratio of max height and range. Find alpha.
    (b) Inclined plane. Find projected angle if: particle land horizontal; particle lands vertical; tan of landing angle is 1/3.

4.(a) Two strings; one between two masses on table, other between mass on table and mass hanging off table. Find a. Find both tensions. Find force exerted on pulley by string.
    (b) Same diagram as http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2009/LC020ALP000EV.pdf Find a and T in terms of g.

5.(a) Particle, u=8, strikes wall at 60 degrees and rebounds at 45, find speed after impact, and e.
    (b) Sphere A hits sphere B into wall, B rebounds back hitting A, and reduces to rest. Find e between B and wall. Find final velocity of A. Find total loss in kinetic energy.

8.(a) Moment of inertia of circular disc=1/2mr^2
    (b) Mass hangs from pulley. Find Tension in terms of I, m and r. Find mass of pulley in terms of m if acceleration of mass is 1/7g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

German hl
    auberung : part time jobs (young people ) ,
    Your future proffession
    Describe a photo of two people being served in a restraunt .

Letter : transition- she is stressed .

cycling , the environment , food

Grammar : verbs into present tense
    Cases.

Comprehension 2 - laws and regulations regarding young people working in Germany .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

T0001 wrote: »
    EXAMCRAFT FRENCH HL

Comprehensions:
    1. Alcoholism in France
    2. Account of a man who wants a life with no money!

Q1. Obligitary
    a. Recount an experience you had when you used alcohol to escape from stress of school, exams or family
    b. Give your reaction to Spending Money

Q2.
    Diary Entry - You had a history exam and saw someone cheating.
    Note to Boss -
    1.You have gone for lunch and will return at 2.30
    2. You had a busy morning
    3. Someone called for keys but they were in a safe
    4. He will call back at 5.30
    5. A customer called about a plumbing problem in their bathroom

Q3.
    a. French politics is male dominated. Do you think the Irish political system is just?
    b. Food Wastage in general

Q4.
    a. Handicap Sports are underrated. Do you agree?
    b. Animal Cruelty. What do you think on this subject?

Hey, this is gonna sounds really dumb but for question 4, is that
    disabled sports
    ? or
    you know in golf or whatever you get a handicap of like 3 or something haha
    !! Sorry if I sound really stupid, I just want to be sure! I'm 99% certain it's
    disabled sports
    but just making sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

disabled sports - although they used the word infirmité meaning handicapped

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

Biology HL Examcraft

Just warning anyone getting this paper- it's really hard if you don't actually understand the processes behind a lot of things! What I mean by that is understanding why
    air is inhaled into the lungs (part of one of the long questions) for example.
    You also need to know
    the function of the different parts of the lungs, why the alveoli's moistness and thin walls aid gaseous exchange, difficult stuff like that.
    Nowhere near as easy as labelling or drawing a diagram for sure! Know your stuff people! Pretty sure I failed tbh

hey could you go in a bit more detail on the long questions I need help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Little Miss Sparkles

This thread has helped mii immensely so I'd like to give back...

English Paper 1 (barcode top left corner)
    Theme: Heroes and Villans

Text1: 'The Importance of Superheroes'
    Re: the avengers
    Ai) What evidence does the writer offer to explain the success of the movie, <i>The Avengers</i>? Support your answer with reference to the written text.

ii) Would yhoo agree or disagree with the view that the writer has made a convincing case for the female characters mentioned in the above extract to be considered as positive role models? Support your point of view with reference to the text.

iii) How does the writer succeed in creating a piece which is both informative and entertaining? Support your answer with revenge to both the style and content of the written text.

B) Television and film are often accused of stereotyping both men and women in a certain way. Write a letter to a national newspaper expressing your views on the matter.

Text2: "The Heroic Myth of War Reporting"
    Re: based on an article in the independent about the role of the correspondent
    Ai) From your reading of the above extract, outline the view of the writer, Robert Frisk, on the role of the war correspondent. Support your answer with reference to the text.

ii) In your opinion, how effectively does each of the visual help the reader to comprehend the realities of war reporting? In your answer, yhoo should refer to all of the visual images in the text.

[a picture of a reporter with an explosion behind her, a pic of a woman sitting amongst rubble, a pic of two guys in wheelchairs]

iii) Robert Fisk's style of journalism is both descriptive and persuasive. Based on your reading of the written extract above, would you agree or disagree with this view? Refer to both the content and style of the text in support of your answer.

B) Imagine yhoo are one of the US marines who "were writing diaries of their experiences" during the Gulf War. Write two diaries entries, one before and one after your arrival in the war zone.

Text3: "In Pursuit of a Villain"
    Re: extract from Sherlock Holmes

Ai) Based on your reading of the above extract, what impression do yhoo form of the fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes? Support your view with reference to the text.

ii) Both the written and the visual elements of Text 3 convey an atmosphere of tension and suspense. To what extent would yhoo agree with this statement? Refer to both of the visual images and the written text in support of your answer.

[image1 man smoking pipe other man looking at him, image2 dark outdoor pic male silhouette in centre]

iii) The above passage has all the qualities of a compelling narrative. Do yhoo agree that this extract from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's narrative, <i>The Final Problem<i/>, is rich in language and imagery? Support your answer with reference to the written text.

B) Imagine that as a reporter for a local newspaper yhoo have uncovered an important issue in the public interest. Write a proposal to your editor in which yhoo explain what yhoo have discovered and describe how you would like to expose what yhoo have found.

COMPOSING

Write an article for a school magazine about the need to escape from everyday life.

Write a personal essay about the pressure to conform to other people's expectations.

Write a short story in which the central character must act in a courageous manner.

Write a speech in which yhoo argue for or against the motion, "Truth is undervalued in today's world."

Write an article for a popular magazine in which yhoo discuss your views on crime and punishment in society today.

Wrote a descriptive essay entitled, "a perfect world"

Write a short story in which rumour/gossip plays a significant part.

• Advertisement

Spanish: I took down as many details as I could but if don't remember which paper it was. If yhoo look back through the thread I think there's other posts about Spanish that may help to clarify... Sorry for any misspellings

Q5 on Sin noticias de Gurb:
    Comment on the criticisms made about some aspects of modern human life.

JOURNALISTIC TEXT:
    Words of similar meaning:
    Generalmente
    Discutir su contestación
    Se adecua la forma de pensar

Translate the following:
    -aquí la palabra 'densidad' es la clave sobre la que debe de reflexionar el entrevistado
    -se demostrarían cualidades antes demandadas como rapidez mental, originalidad, y sentido del humor
    -aunque no hay dos oficinas de Google iguales las personas que visiten cualquier oficina podrán encontrar algunas características comunes

Express in another way either of the following:
    -empiezan a moverse
    -infinitas respuestas

Then there's the titi monkey and the strike mini comprehensions

In the SecB comprehension:
    Sitios lejanos
    Comprobados
    Hacer [this one us difficult it's realizar]
    Ser pedido
    Se aconseja

Translate:
    -las posibilidades de contraer una enfermedad varían enormemente dependiendo de las condiciones del viajero y del viaje
    -no obstante, los viajeros de última hora también puedan beneficiarse de una consulta médica incluso el día de partida
    -en ese tiempo han perdido la inmunidad frente a las enfermedades típicas de su pías natal

Emigrantes
    Peligros
    Travesía
    Habitual
    Vuelven

Opinion Pieces:
    La salud no les preocupa a los jóvenes hoy en día
    Viajar es aprender

Dialogue:
    Say that yhoo would love to go but yhoo have had a bad week. Say that yhoo are sure yhoo failed your exam yesterday.
    Say that yhoo did study but were 50minutes late to the exam because the bus did not arrive on time. Say that yhoo were worried about being late and did answer the questions well.
    Say that yhoo will meet him next Tuesday. Yhoo hope he will let yhoo re sit the exam.
    Say that all of your other results have been excellent. Yhoo worked hard for your good results. When yhoo speak to your professor yhoo expect that he will understand.
    Tell Pablo that he is roysh. Yhoo will forget about it until next week. Yhoo have heard that there will be a comedian in a local bar and say that yhoo should all go after dinner.

Note:
    Yhoo are an au pair for Ángela and Víctor. The parents are out the principal called and said Víctor is in hospital.
    -yhoo have gone to the hospital to see victor
    -yhoo don't know what is wrong but yhoo hope to speak to the doctor soon
    -yhoo asked a neighbour to stay in the house with Angela
    -yhoo will ring them when yhoo get to the hospital

English Paper 2 Barcode top roysh corner

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
    Elizabeth Bennett is a credible heroine due to her faults as well as her strengths
    Or
    Austen uses letters in the novel to reveal insights into characters and situations and as a narrative device. Discuss Austen's use of letter writing as a literary device in Pride and Prejudice.

EMPIRE OF THE SUN
    The characters Jim meets over the course of the novel teach him about life Nd growing up. Discuss the impact of at least two characters on Jim over the course of the novel.
    Or
    Morality is not black and white in Empire of the Sun, but changes according to the circumstances of war. Discuss Ballard's depiction if morality in the novel.

TRANSLATIONS
    Owen's character and attitudes change throughout the play
    Or
    Friel explores the links between language and identity in the play

NEVER LET MII GO
    Kathy H as a narrator is not always admirable or sympathetic.
    Or
    Ishiguro raises interesting questions about what makes us human in the novel.

MACBETH
    Lady Macbeth's strengths and weakness lead to her downfall.
    Or
    Justice is often mentioned and yet rarely found in the play

GVV
    The general vision And viewpoint of a text can be changed or reinforced by the ending of the text. (Atleast two texts)
    Or
    The GVV of a text can be highlighted by the actions of a character of characters in the text
    -1text
    -Other 2

THEME OR ISSUE
    The study of a theme or issue can challenge the readers attitudes or opinions. (At least 2texts)
    Or
    A theme or issue can reveal a characters strengths or weaknesses
    -1text
    -other 2

UNSEEN POEM
    I Am in Need of Music
    1a) What is the mood in this poem? Explain briefly how it is conveyed.
    b) What effect does the poet's use of contrast have on the poem?
    2) Write a personal response to this poem highlighting the poets use of language in the poem.

DICKINSON
    Dickinson's distinctive use if language and imagery creates thought-provoking insights into her poetic themes.

HEANEY
    "In his poetry, Heaney creates a world that is instantly recognisable, undeniably nostalgic and yet sometimes shockingly insightful"

LARKIN
    "Larkin's poetry provides a view of life that can be viewed as either optimistic or pessimistic"

YEATS
    "The complex themes explored by Yeats are balanced by his expert use of descriptive language"

SChique00 wrote: »
    Reading comprehensions: the Gathering (last question on how it succeeded) and historical news article to do with the Rising/early 20th Century Ireland (last question on what type of piece it is).
    Poem: An Spailpín Fánach - how he is dissatisfied with life, the use of place names in the poem, how the poem affected you
    Prose: Dís - discuss two of the following: Seán as a husband, something about the treatment of women, the small but important role of the survey woman
    An Triail question (didn't read the others, sorry): Talk about two of the dramatic effects shown through/by the characters in the play (didn't quite get what this was asking - just blathered on about the court as a setting, the cross-examinations and how all the characters refuse to take the blame for Máire's death, and the use of flashbacks to develop the characters)

Hope that quells the anxiety for some - I went searching for this last night and couldn't find it anywhere! :)

Did anyone read the hl poem ?

English Higher level paper 2 sat today :
    Macbeth question : lady macbeth is a complex villain who ultimately fails to bear the the torments of her guilt.

Cultural context : how social forces restrict or liberate the central characters of the texts youve choose.

poetry : Emily Dickinson - emily dickinson communicates intense observations through thought - provoking moments and unique use of language.

Heaney question -poetry is universal or something along those lines.

yeats also comes up.

if you could help me with deb hl poem that would be great as i pmed the original poster and got no reply .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IamJuan

Anyone with the
    Emily Dickinson question from the mock paper for higher level, do you've any advise on how to answer the question on distinctive use of imagery and language ?
    Mocks tomorrow 😪

IamJuan wrote: »
    Anyone with the
    Emily Dickinson question from the mock paper for higher level, do you've any advise on how to answer the question on distinctive use of imagery and language ?
    Mocks tomorrow 😪

Maybe not right thread but here :
    Strong intro - personal response , actually answer question , 2 to 3 hooks
    Poem by poem basis - i would do 4:5 poems .
    Imagery : literal to describe abstract in every poem , complex
    Language : complex , characteristic features , perculiar? , syntax . Nice easy question if you just know the poems inside out and only focus on question

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sparklie

whut123 wrote: »
    anybody have any idea whats on music HL examcraft?
    is it movement 1,2 or 3 on mozart ?

The
    mozart is the second movement
    and is the 10marker

Maths deb hl paper 2
    Q1: z score question easy
    Q2: a nice probability question . Fill in tree and answer questions . Nice 25 marks
    Q3: line :
    Perpendicular lines
    Angle between two lines
    Point of intersection of two lines
    Slope
    Q4 : circle intersection line
    Centre radius from equation .
    Q5: tan (a+b) proof
    Calculating compound angles .
    tan 15
    Tan 75
    Q6 a
    Difference between congruent and similar triangles
    Sides inProportion theorem
    Q7 Ferris wheel
    Formulate equation in form of t .
    Arc and radius knowledge
    Q8 statistics long question
    What is. A sample
    What is a population in context to q
    What type of sampling would you use
    Line of best fit
    Estimate correlation
    Slope of line of best fit
    Percentage error and confidence interval .

Irish deb p2
    hl poem colmain : main themes , explain 8 lines , is the poet sending us a message - 2 examples
    Ol poem Spailpin fanach - unhappy with sort of life he is living , place names , how the poem effected you
    Pros dis : Sean mar fear ceile
    Cruachas na mban - girls predicament

Small role played by survey woman .

Comprehension 1 : the gathering - easy
    Comprehension 2: historical Ireland -1914 onwards - challenging

Saorbriathar , reamfhocal need to know

6bs : did the gathering succeed , 60 words
    what type of piece is this , 60 words

Didn't see this fully anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sinan1234

Spanish: I took down as many details as I could but if don't remember which paper it was. If yhoo look back through the thread I think there's other posts about Spanish that may help to clarify... Sorry for any misspellings

Q5 on Sin noticias de Gurb:
    Comment on the criticisms made about some aspects of modern human life.

JOURNALISTIC TEXT:
    Generalmente
    Discutir su contestación
    Se adecua la forma de pensar

Translate the following:
    -aquí la palabra 'densidad' es la clave sobre la que debe de reflexionar el entrevistado
    -se demostrarían cualidades antes demandadas como rapidez mental, originalidad, y sentido del humor
    -aunque no hay dos oficinas de Google iguales las personas que visiten cualquier oficina podrán encontrar algunas características comunes

Express in another way either of the following:
    -empiezan a moverse
    -infinitas respuestas

Then there's the titi monkey and the strike mini comprehensions

In the SecB comprehension:
    Sitios lejanos
    Comprobados
    Hacer [this one us difficult it's realizar]
    Ser pedido
    Se aconseja

Translate:
    -las posibilidades de contraer una enfermedad varían enormemente dependiendo de las condiciones del viajero y del viaje
    -no obstante, los viajeros de última hora también puedan beneficiarse de una consulta médica incluso el día de partida
    -en ese tiempo han perdido la inmunidad frente a las enfermedades típicas de su pías natal

Emigrantes
    Peligros
    Travesía
    Habitual
    Vuelven

Opinion Pieces:
    La salud no les preocupa a los jóvenes hoy en día
    Viajar es aprender

Dialogue:
    Say that yhoo would love to go but yhoo have had a bad week. Say that yhoo are sure yhoo failed your exam yesterday.
    Say that yhoo did study but were 50minutes late to the exam because the bus did not arrive on time. Say that yhoo were worried about being late and did answer the questions well.
    Say that yhoo will meet him next Tuesday. Yhoo hope he will let yhoo re sit the exam.
    Say that all of your other results have been excellent. Yhoo worked hard for your good results. When yhoo speak to your professor yhoo expect that he will understand.
    Tell Pablo that he is roysh. Yhoo will forget about it until next week. Yhoo have heard that there will be a comedian in a local bar and say that yhoo should all go after dinner.

Note:
    Yhoo are an au pair for Ángela and Víctor. The parents are out the principal called and said Víctor is in hospital.
    -yhoo have gone to the hospital to see victor
    -yhoo don't know what is wrong but yhoo hope to speak to the doctor soon
    -yhoo asked a neighbour to stay in the house with Angela
    -yhoo will ring them when yhoo get to the hospital
    z

So many pms .... Deb hl p1
    Ok
    Q1 gives you an equation it's cubic . You need to differentiate it to get fx and fdash x. You then need to draw both on diagram . Sub in value to find unknown .
    Q2-complex numbers : part geometric progression, diagram of roots , right them down , use demoivres theorem in reverse with general polar form to get original a + bi

Differentiation especially e^x
    Fully long question .

Give graph with tangent to curve . Differentiate to find slope. Use eqn of line. E^ x again

Another geometric progression this time full question . Need to know common ratio , first term etc . Sum to etc
    Root 2 on number line , locate root 8

Long questions are hard .
    Q7advice leave till last . It's hard rate f change but not like usual ones

Use logs

8) growth Of bacteria . Make your own formula . Use formulas to estimate number of trout and averages in river .easy

9 ) 3 eqn use to find unknowns .

Prove velocity constant - differentiate

Physics type questions . Need to know that when two objects catch up their distances equal .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 India7

booblefoop wrote: »
    Some more DEB English Paper 2 info if anyone still needs it
    POETRY

The Dickinson question was about using language and imagery to communicate observations.

The Heaney question was about making personal experience universal

COMPARATIVE

GVV a) Was about constructive/destructive relationships and how they affect the gvv
    b) was a two part one where you discuss one text in the first and the other two in the second, it was a very general question about how key moments show the gvv

CC a) was about gender roles and I can't remember anything about b) sadly :(

Hope this was of some help!
    Is this OL ???

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Just a heads up for anybody doing Exam Craft Irish:
    We got our paper 1 back today and a large amount of people failed the paper, which is outrageous because I am in a Gaelcoláiste with a very high standard of Irish. The correcter was very tough and not fair at all.
    One guy in my class has no interest and can barely string a sentence together, and he got 68%, whereas another lad who has amazing Irish only got 54% because he wrote too much. Whoever corrected my school's papers basically rewarded people who wrote less. (Which is ridiculous because come on, they give you so much time and she docked marks for writing too much? What do they expect us to do? Write three pages and sit there waiting for the hours to pass by?!)

To shorten the rant, don't write over 4 pages and stick completely to the topic, because you might get a right twat correcting your paper! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

rorrissey wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anybody doing Exam Craft Irish:
    We got our paper 1 back today and a large amount of people failed the paper, which is outrageous because I am in a Gaelcoláiste with a very high standard of Irish. The correcter was very tough and not fair at all.
    One guy in my class has no interest and can barely string a sentence together, and he got 68%, whereas another lad who has amazing Irish only got 54% because he wrote too much. Whoever corrected my school's papers basically rewarded people who wrote less. (Which is ridiculous because come on, they give you so much time and she docked marks for writing too much? What do they expect us to do? Write three pages and sit there waiting for the hours to pass by?!)

To shorten the rant, don't write over 4 pages and stick completely to the topic, because you might get a right twat correcting your paper! :pac:

There have always been 'issues' with the quality of some of the correcting sold by the mock businesses. The SEC correction, while not perfect, has a lot more checks and safeguards.

spurious wrote: »
    There have always been 'issues' with the quality of some of the correcting sold by the mock businesses. The SEC correction, while not perfect, has a lot more checks and safeguards.

I remember the jc pres . Some were so badly corrected .
    Do do they give them to college students.
    I heard they do before .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I remember the jc pres . Some were so badly corrected .
    Do do they give them to college students.
    I heard they do before .

Yes indeed a lot of them are. Our Maths one's were by all accounts corrected by a UL student last year. Absolutely terribly. Interestingly it was also rag week in UL that week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dominikaaa10

onemoo32 wrote: »
    Lcvp mocks? What topics came up?
    learn 3 skateholders for the case study.
    the audio visual is not hard at all.
    Learn about trade union.
    Youll be asked about your Work experience , role/responsibilities and what is the purpose of it. Youll be asked to write a letter to the employer to get a work placement.
    There be questions about your Career Investigation.
    Also there was one more question about the Visit out your class did.
    Sorry that all I remember , but theres your 4 questions out of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dominikaaa10

grace.101 wrote: »
    can someone pleaseee.... give a summary of the deb french HL paper.
    The Aural is very easy , and if you look back you'll find all the answers for them.
    Comprehension 1 was about voluntary work.
    Comprehension 2 was about robbery.
    You should learn a diary entry about your parents not letting you go to a music festival.
    Importance of money agree/disagree
    Physical Activity for children is it important.
    If you learn them 3 you'll be able to answer all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leavingcert student

mmark3 wrote: »
    Hl Maths DEB Paper 2
    Q7 The London Eye is the most popular paid tourist attraction in Britain with over 3.5 million visitors annually.
    The design principle behind the London Eye is very similiar to that of a Ferris wheel but its actually an observation wheel. The wheels 32 passenger capsules are attatched to the external circumfrence of the wheel and are rotated by electric motors. Each excursion lasts the lenght of time it takes to complete one revolution.
    The observation wheel has diameter 120cm and the centre oof each passenger capsule is 4m from the external circumfrence of the wheel. The centre of a passenger capsule is 6m above ground level at the point that passengers enter the capsule.
    The wheel does not usually stop to allow passengers on, as the rate of movement is slow enough to allow visitors to walk on and off moving capsules. The wheel can complete 2.5 revolutions per hour if it does not stop.
    (a) What is the maximum height that the centre of a passenger capsule reaches above ground level and how long does it take a capsule to reach this height if its wheel hasnt stopped?
    (b) Find the angle of rotation of a passenger capsule from the point of entry to the capsule, to after 5 minutes
    (c)(i) Write down the terms of t, the angle of rotation of a passenger capsule at any given time, where t is time in minutes after a person enters the capsule, if it hasnt stopped
    (ii) Hence, by drawing a sketch or otherwise, find an expression for height h in metres of the centre of the capsule above ground level, in terms of t
    (iii) The wheel does not normally stop to allow passengers to embark and disembark and, therefore, the speed of the wheel is constant. Suggest a reason why this is desirable

Surely you mean
    120M not 120CM ? The london eye is 135M tall.... so

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skuldugery

Section A;
    Skew Lines, Ellipse(Given Focal Point and Point), Perspective and a Determine Dihedral Angle (similiar to the methane molecule from 2011 section A)

Section B;
    Solids in Contact, Interpenetration and Planes Q

Section C;
    Roads, Structural Forms, Surface Geometry, Dynamic Mechanisms (Cams & Linkages) and an Assembly of a pipe clamp

Any more questions PM me and I'll send you pictures of whatever :)

What
    structural form and solids in contact and which skew line came up????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CiaraForde

question 1: 3/4 upbeat in e major
    question 5 : major backing chord question.

the two i did
    [/QUOTE

Advertisement