Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I haven't eaten a whole lot of burritos here in Dublin but I must say they have all been better than the one I had in the Mission District in San Francisco last week!? It wasn't a crappy place I went to either, it was a place called La Taqueria that is supposed to be legendary for its burritos! It wasn't a terrible burrito by any means, it just didn't have the level of flavour or quality of meat I've gotten here in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

it just didn't have the level of flavour or quality of meat I've gotten here in Dublin?

just a better breed of horse here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

My List:

1) Cafe Azteca ( Get the 12" )
    2) Tolteca
    3) Pablos
    4) Boojum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Tuzo is my new #1 had too many wet ones elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just a question for all those who hate Burritos N Blues, what burrito is it ye had?

I'm actually in love with their Carnitas, get about 3 a week. The new seasoning that they use on the chicken is actually amazing, before I used to just get the texture, not the taste. They recently stopped using the bottles for sauces based on feedback and they went to whole beans which lasted all of a day, got terrible feedback on their FB page.

I had the Silver Bullet in there once and vowed never again. Seriously give the carnitas or chicken a shot though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I get the veggie one with guacamole everywhere, burritos and blues was lovely provided I heated it up myself. Got it very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bit out of the way but El Porko Loco in Stillorgan do a lovely chipolte salsa with their burritos. Nicest burrito I've tasted yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Larianne wrote: »
    Bit out of the way but El Porko Loco in Stillorgan do a lovely chipolte salsa with their burritos. Nicest burrito I've tasted yet.

There's a Burrito place in Stillorgan?? Ahh Thank you so much ! Never knew ! Much closer to where i live !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

gillapino wrote: »

There's a Burrito place in Stillorgan?? Ahh Thank you so much ! Never knew ! Much closer to where i live !

Its beside apache, they do delivery as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Larianne wrote: »

We tried them a couple of weeks ago. OH loved his meat (forgot what it was exactly) burrito but my veggie one with sweet potato was very stodgy due to potato/rice/tortilla combo and tasted like something out of Indian cuisine. Not that it's a bad thing, just unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Just a question for all those who hate Burritos N Blues, what burrito is it ye had?

I'm actually in love with their Carnitas, get about 3 a week. The new seasoning that they use on the chicken is actually amazing, before I used to just get the texture, not the taste. They recently stopped using the bottles for sauces based on feedback and they went to whole beans which lasted all of a day, got terrible feedback on their FB page.

I had the Silver Bullet in there once and vowed never again. Seriously give the carnitas or chicken a shot though

I've had the carnitas twice and found it to be bland and cold. the salsas are horrible and they have never had guac when I've been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I wasn't overly impressed with the place in Stillorgan. Just not the taste I'm used to with the likes of Boojum. We got delivery and it took forever to arrive, literally only 5 minutes up the dual carriageway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Please, Boojum, please open at least another eatery!!!!

We want and need more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Please, Boojum, please open at least another eatery!!!!

We want and need more.:)

Another (Or even bigger) Little Ass would be even better. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Heading to Mama's Revenge tonight so hopefully a nice burrito. Will report back my findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Passenger wrote: »
    Another (Or even bigger) Little Ass would be even better. ;)

It appears from the poll you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

listermint wrote: »
    It appears from the poll you are wrong.

That was the reason I suggested a need for a bigger one as not everybody has been there as it's quiet small and limited seating. Understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've now been to Tolteca. I reckon it more closely resembles the american buritto. I wasn't to impressed, imho Pablo on Baggot street is still the best by a long way. Although my mate thought Tolteca was really nice, but completely different to pablos.
    A bit pricey though. €16 for 2 burittos to take out. One had and extra topping at €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've now been to Tolteca. I reckon it more closely resembles the american buritto. I wasn't to impressed, imho Pablo on Baggot street is still the best by a long way. Although my mate thought Tolteca was really nice, but completely different to pablos.
    A bit pricey though. €16 for 2 burittos to take out. One had and extra topping at €1.

I always get a burrito and a drink there for €7.10. Maybe it's only at lunchtime or something.

I always get a burrito and a drink there for €7.10. Maybe it's only at lunchtime or something.
    They asked me if I wanted a drink and I said no. Still have the recipt here, I'll check it.
    €7.50 each and an extra €1 for guacamole on one of them. That was at lunchtime too, half 12.
    Seems a bit pricey to me at the time, handing over €16 for 2 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They asked me if I wanted a drink and I said no. Still have the recipt here, I'll check it.
    €7.50 each and an extra €1 for guacamole on one of them. That was at lunchtime too, half 12.
    Seems a bit pricey to me at the time, handing over €16 for 2 of them.

I wonder is it just a sit-in offer, although that wouldn't really make sense. They have leaflets about it just at the top of the queue. I never order any of the extras so mine always comes to €7.10. That's the Baggot St branch but I would imagine they'd have the same offer on Suffolk Street if that's where you went. I agree that it's pricey without the offer!

Mine was Baggot street too. You can get a savage sandwich down in the swedish food company for half the price!
    I'll look into the deals the next time I go

Passenger wrote: »
    That was the reason I suggested a need for a bigger one as not everybody has been there as it's quiet small and limited seating. Understand?

Does not compute.. The seating is Boojums very small too. But look where it ranks..

Maybe your opinion doesnt match that of others. (polled)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Does not compute.. The seating is Boojums very small too. But look where it ranks..

Maybe your opinion doesnt match that of others. (polled)

Its not limited compared to Little Ass! For me Boojum edges little ass. But only slightly

MarkMc wrote: »
    Its not limited compared to Little Ass! For me Boojum edges little ass. But only slightly

Granted.. but 40% to 4% ?

Does seating explain that ?

not too sure tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Granted.. but 40% to 4% ?

Does seating explain that ?

not too sure tbh

I reckon its a combination of size, location and marketing

MarkMc wrote: »
    I reckon its a combination of size, location and marketing

Doubt it, Ive eaten it many times when in rathmines. Simply doesnt compare unless they've upped their game exponentially.

have they ?

Doubt it, Ive eaten it many times when in rathmines. Simply doesnt compare unless they've upped their game exponentially.

have they ?
    It's also down to personal taste. Some people like different styles of buritto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I went to Tolteca for lunch the other day. Wasn't impressed either. They were a bit scabby on the fillings, and the burrito itself was lukewarm overall.
    A friend in work went today, and he reported the exact same thing.

I went to Burrito & Blues aswell, again, the other night, and again was delighted with what I paid for. Can't understand how everyone dislikes it so much. All relative I guess, I haven't been to some of the more popular ones in the poll. Must amend that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I wonder is it just a sit-in offer, although that wouldn't really make sense. They have leaflets about it just at the top of the queue. I never order any of the extras so mine always comes to €7.10. That's the Baggot St branch but I would imagine they'd have the same offer on Suffolk Street if that's where you went. I agree that it's pricey without the offer!

That deal is valid on takeout as well. I dont mind Tolteca but as has been said its lukewarm and by the time I've walked the five minutes home it has gone almost completely cold.

Advertisement