Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burrito Place in Town [Poll Updated]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I'm not the one confusing taste with colour.

LOL
    lol you can't taste the red?

hug?

I'm still saying that you shouldn't bring the condiments into play as a major factor!

And I'm still saying the quality of sauce does matter for Burritos. Just like it matters for burgers, hot dogs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

And I'm still saying the quality of sauce does matter for Burritos. Just like it matters for burgers, hot dogs, etc.
    Hot sauce on burgers? Now you're just being silly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Hot sauce on burgers? Now you're just being silly!

I have done it, as I like my hot food. And you know what I meant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

whats Burritos and Blues like?
    Just bought the Grabone deal http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/burritos-and-blues for €8

kceire wrote: »
    whats Burritos and Blues like?
    Just bought the Grabone deal http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/burritos-and-blues for €8
    I kept hearing great stuff about it but I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, just nothing to write home about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Not being silly but what is a burrito is it just minced meat and a wrap:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Hootanany wrote: »
    Not being silly but what is a burrito is it just minced meat and a wrap:confused:

its that and so much more - why don't you try one and post what you think ?

Hootanany wrote: »
    At Boojum I'm all about the Chicken Fajita Burrito (cilantro-lime rice, sautéed peppers, onions, cheese, salsa, sour cream and chicken) or Carnitas Burrito (shredded pork, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream).

Sound nice is the on abbey st any good

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

for me its pablos all day long, dont really mind BandB but you can tell lots of it comes out of containers rather than being home made, and also, one of my mates are mexican, and loves pablos but hates the rest.

only been to boojum once, but was thoroughly underwhelmed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 panch

At least you can see cooking going on in Boojum and B&B! Never seen anything being cooked in Pablos!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Pablo Picante definetly for me. I haven't had a burrito from Cafe Azteca although their mexican food is delicious.

I do like Boojum tho I find their Burritos to be more of a healthy california style burrito rather than something a little more indulgent. Have been disappointed with their carnitas - it is less well seasoned and complex than the Picante version.

I have to strongly disagree with FreudianSlippers and say that the salsa on a burrito is an integral feature and if the flavour of it doesn't live up to your expectations it can be very disappointing and ruin the whole meal.

The less said about Burrito and Blues the better in my opinion. I was very excited about it opening up but the Burritos really are substandard and fairly bland and uncomplex. Will not go back even though its the closest to where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

The burritos in Boojum are pretty decent and the salsa verde is very good but Pablo Picantes is just superb, the flavours are far more authentic. They're cleaner, fresher and tastier. Also to try and deny the importance of the sauce in a burrito is just plain wrong, it's vital to the taste of the burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I really can't understand the amount of people going for pablo's. The girlfriend and I brought two of our married friends (she is Mexican, he is Canadian, they live in monterey, mexico) to pablo's as they had just won a competition for the best burritos in dublin. It turned out it was a facebook event they started. We were very dissapointed. The meat was tasteless (I had the pork) and the beer (something with a blue label from New England I think) was past its best before date (they went to replace it but the replacements were also out of date) so they gave us a refund and some water instead.

Maybe we were unlucky and caught them on a bad day, but we haven't gone back.

Although from this thread I think I will have to give them a second chance and report back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Has anywhere been mentioned yet that hasn't received ANY criticism???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Went to Pablo Picante (Baggot St) for the 2nd time on Saturday and it was tasty enough. The tinfoil wrap is a bit redundant considering the burrito isn't particularly big or heavily stuffed, though I suppose it was a bit drippy towards the end (which it shouldn't be).

Must check out B&B next time I'm in the IFSC.

nosietoes wrote: »
    I have to strongly disagree with FreudianSlippers and say that the salsa on a burrito is an integral feature and if the flavour of it doesn't live up to your expectations it can be very disappointing and ruin the whole meal.

Oh, no no! I'm not saying anything about salsa. I was talking about the hot sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Em, where is this Boojam place?

have tried Pablo Picante on baggot street and Burritos & Blues on Wexford Street and both were decent enough

Dodge wrote: »
    Em, where is this Boojam place?

have tried Pablo Picante on baggot street and Burritos & Blues on Wexford Street and both were decent enough
    http://g.co/maps/9w2zc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wow, who knew the internet could help me find it.

D'oh! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

D wrote: »
    I really can't understand the amount of people going for pablo's. The girlfriend and I brought two of our married friends (she is Mexican, he is Canadian, they live in monterey, mexico) to pablo's as they had just won a competition for the best burritos in dublin. It turned out it was a facebook event they started. We were very dissapointed. The meat was tasteless (I had the pork) and the beer (something with a blue label from New England I think) was past its best before date (they went to replace it but the replacements were also out of date) so they gave us a refund and some water instead.

Maybe we were unlucky and caught them on a bad day, but we haven't gone back.

Although from this thread I think I will have to give them a second chance and report back.

I wish they would allow you to get peppers instead of black beans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Definitely worth visiting Azteca if you like Mexican food. Never had a burrito there, but their other stuff is quality. Owner is bang on too.

Never went to Boojum, will definitely make a trip there. I always get the pork in Pablo Picante, always fantastic. As mentioned before, sometimes it's a bit wet at the bottom which is annoying, especially the way you eat a burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

she is Mexican, he is Canadian, they live in monterey, mexico
    We were very dissapointed

You were all aware that you weren't in Mexico though, right? Even if it is in fact the best in Dublin, it's never going to be quite the same. It would be like me complaining about the 'best' Dublin sushi after living in Japan for x number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

FruitLover wrote: »
    You were all aware that you weren't in Mexico though, right? Even if it is in fact the best in Dublin, it's never going to be quite the same. It would be like me complaining about the 'best' Dublin sushi after living in Japan for x number of years.

Actually we were, (the weather gave it away). As for the best in Dublin, that remains to be seen, although they did like Acapulco.

Just watched a programe who does does nice Tomales

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Boojum is my favourite.
    Nothing beats a big sloppy burrito and a nice beer or two to break up the shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I really can't understand the amount of people going for pablo's. The girlfriend and I brought two of our married friends (she is Mexican, he is Canadian, they live in monterey, mexico)

You do know that Burritos are a Californian invention right? The style that we see popping up all over Dublin originated in the Mission district in San Francisco- also Canadians are idiots, I wouldn't trust them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Will wrote: »
    Boojum is nice, their salsa verde is the business. Also like lil ass burrito bar in rathmines. Burritos & blues do amazing nachos.

Ha ha ha nachos!!

I think boojum is the best.. I was on a little ass buzz for ages but ive kinda got sick of it.. B&B is not the worst.. Only been to pablos(baggot st) once and wouldnt be pushed on going back..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

Taco Taco in epicurean food hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

In Boojum last night, very disappointing, got the steak buritto but the meat was not quality and very tough

Advertisement