Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

buggy beag wrote: »
    They said they were offered 2000 stand tickets anyone know How many the other 3 counties are getting?

They have a point about the tickets that were left availble to them but iy's plain stupid looking to have the game moved to croker at this stage, C'mon Limerick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

They have a point about the tickets that were left availble to them but iy's plain stupid looking to have the game moved to croker at this stage, C'mon Limerick!!!

Quarter finals have been on in thurles since 2011 so they are Not going to be changed but it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the ticket allocation

Quarter finals have been on in thurles since 2011 so they are Not going to be changed but it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the ticket allocation

What happened was the tickets went on sale last week before Wexford knew they would be playing and a lot of them got snapped up.

What happened was the tickets went on sale last week before Wexford knew they would be playing and a lot of them got snapped up.

Ah rite i see.friend was told yesterday in super valu there was no stand tickets left so could we have a sellout?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah rite i see.friend was told yesterday in super valu there was no stand tickets left so could we have a sellout?

It could be close enough I'd imagine. Can't underestimate how many the terraces can hold at capacity though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Referee for Sunday is going to suit Dublin's style of play a lot. Brian Gavin repsonsible for awful decisions against Tipp over the years. Will count for a few scores. Hard to know where Dublin will be at. Still lacking some reliable goal scorers. Callanan vs. Peter Kelly is going to be some tussel.

Comordha wrote: »
    Referee for Sunday is going to suit Dublin's style of play a lot. Brian Gavin repsonsible for awful decisions against Tipp over the years. Will count for a few scores. Hard to know where Dublin will be at. Still lacking some reliable goal scorers. Callanan vs. Peter Kelly is going to be some tussel.

Christ. We always end up with this lad. A dreadful referee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Bonner v Liam Rushe will be great - yeah I got my tickets two weeks ago - Wexford lads would want to have more faith in their team.....

God, Galvin is useless...can't keep up with the play...our style doesn't suit him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

First they said the pitch was too small, now it's ticket allocation..
    The truth is that they just haven't played well in Thurles for a good while.. Not a good enough excuse to change location...
    Sayin that, it would be interesting to see the ticket allocation. If they're really gettin screwed with tickets then they might have a legitamite excuse for wanting to move.

By the way, is there a way to find out how many tickets have been allocated to each county?

GerB40 wrote: »
    The truth is that they just haven't played well in Thurles for a good while.. Not a good enough excuse to change location...
    Sayin that, it would be interesting to see the ticket allocation. If they're really gettin screwed with tickets then they might have a legitamite excuse for wanting to move.

By the way, is there a way to find out how many tickets have been allocated to each county?

This problem with the tickets has arisen because Croke park put tickets on sale when only 3 of the 4 participating teams were known, a pretty stupid thing to do for an organisation thats arranging matches for 130 years or so.
    That said, Wexford need to get over it, if their supporters have a problem standing in the terraces then tough (as long as they stay out of the Kilinan end and leave room for us Tipp supporters, I don't mind.

• Advertisement

O’Shea revealed Conor O’Mahony is again a major doubt for the weekend fixture.

Defender O’Mahony, 29, continues to struggle with a back problem that ruled him out of the qualifier wins over Galway and Offaly.

O’Shea confirmed: “Conor will be 50-50 in terms of whether he will be involved. He played a bit on Sunday in a bit of a match but he’s going from session to session. His back is an ongoing problem there.

“Niall O’Meara is definitely out and Liam McGrath is not available.”

O’Shea hinted six-time All Star Eoin Kelly, captain of the 2010 All-Ireland winning team, will feature again after scoring a point when he came off the bench against Offaly.

He said: “Eoin is a huge leader, Paul Curran the same. All the guys are pushing and understand what it takes to win at this level. It was great to see Eoin come in and everybody was delighted for him, because of how much he’s valued in the squad. Eoin will have a role to play, hopefully, on Sunday, as well as whoever else is asked to play. I think that leadership is huge.”

Having not tasted a championship win in charge until that dramatic come-from-behind victory over Galway, O’Shea admitted belief has come flooding back on the back of two successive wins. “In terms of when you win a game, it makes it easier to go back and believe what you’re doing is right. That’s important for the players. The difference between winning and losing is very slight. Once you get the bounce one way, it gives you the momentum to move on.

“When we won that game against Galway, it made it easier to win the next one. But that will only take you so far.”

And O’Shea stressed: “If you look at the performance against Galway and then Offaly, that (level of) performance will have to go up a notch to get us over the line. We weren’t happy with elements of the performance against Offaly, we were inconsistent. We let our performance drop and if that happens against Dublin, we’ll be in trouble. When we met them in the league, they went 0-9 to 0-3 ahead and if we allow that to happen Sunday, we’ll be in trouble.”

GerB40 wrote: »

Think i read someplace that each county was giving 2,000 stand tickets each And the rest went on general sale.I stand to be corrected on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Paddico

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

Apparently Wexford are being given more stand tickets from Dublin today. As regards the terraces only the killinan end was open until yesterday I think so I'd say the terraces will be very mixed.

Brian Gavin again, Oh Great!

The way Rushe talks about the Kilkenny forwards pressure undoing their play is very interesting...

As regards the terraces only the killinan end was open until yesterday I think so I'd say the terraces will be very mixed.

Town end tickets are also on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

Ya sorry I was meaning the Killinanan end was the only terrace open up until start of this week then they opened the town end.

• Advertisement

anyone hear the rumour Curran is on the team? Sounds a bit far fetched - we'll know soon

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Carrickbhoy

Curran is supposed to be flying it in training, i can't see him starting myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Gleeson
    Stapleton
    P Maher
    Cahill
    B Maher
    Barry
    Barrett
    Bergin
    Woodlock
    Ryan
    P Maher
    O'Dwyer
    N McGrath
    Callanan
    Corbett

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Football team for the weekend also unchanged
    1. Paul Fitzgerald Fethard
    2. John Coghlan Moyne Templetuohy
    3. Paddy Codd (Capt) Killenaule
    4. Ciarán McDonald Aherlow
    5. Colin O’Riordan J K Brackens
    6. Robbie Kiely Arravale Rovers
    7. Ger Mulhair Aravale Rovers
    8. Steven O’Brien Ballina
    9. George Hannigan Shannon Rovers
    10. Michael Quinlivan Commercials
    11. Brian Fox Eire Óg Annacarty
    12. Peter Acheson Moyle Rovers
    13. Conor Sweeney Ballyporeen
    14. Barry Grogan Aherlow
    15. Philip Austin Borrisokane

16. Colum Nugent Ardfinnan
    17. Alan Campbell Moyle Rovers
    18. Hugh Coghlan Moyne Templetuohy
    19. Lorcan Egan J K Brackens
    20. Ian Fahey Commercials
    21. Sean Flynn Fr Sheehys
    22. Seamus Grogan Aherlow
    23. Colman Kennedy Commercials
    24. Conal McCullough Commercials
    25. Andrew Morrissey Galtee Rovers
    26. Brian Mulvihill Moyle Rovers

I think Wexford might be in danger of burning off the goodwill that had built up around them after the last couple of games. Looking to have the game switched to Croke park at this stage is a bit stupid.

Its just the head suit mouthing off with a cheap PR stunt to make himself look great. There was never any danger of this fixture being changed at this late stage. The reason it is in Thurles first and foremost is due to the ill fated Garth Brooks gigs that never went ahead and there was that bit of flexibility with Dublin also probably due to the fact we have played them in the capital in probably every championship meeting since time began.

By the time it emerged that hurling fever had gripped Wexford and that the Garth gigs was dead in water the GAA was never going to do a u-turn.

Its just the head suit mouthing off with a cheap PR stunt to make himself look great. There was never any danger of this fixture being changed at this late stage. The reason it is in Thurles first and foremost is due to the ill fated Garth Brooks gigs that never went ahead and there was that bit of flexibility with Dublin also probably due to the fact we have played them in the capital in probably every championship meeting since time began.

By the time it emerged that hurling fever had gripped Wexford and that the Garth gigs was dead in water the GAA was never going to do a u-turn.

I think the gaa have said or its widely known that they want to make thurles the home of the quarter finals so I don't think they would have changed it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For all the talk from wexford I'd still say they will be well outnumbered by the tipp and Limerick supporters and I would be very surprised if it was a full house.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The reason it is in Thurles first and foremost is due to the ill fated Garth Brooks gigs that never went ahead.

What! The Garth Brooks gigs are not going ahead! When did this happen?
    :mad:

What! The Garth Brooks gigs are not going ahead! When did this happen?
    :mad:

Hmmm.... my sarcasm detector is beeping heavily here :pac:

• Advertisement

The way Rushe talks about the Kilkenny forwards pressure undoing their play is very interesting...

Interesting thing about Dublin is they actually looked keen and up for that Leinster final. Their gameplan was just simply dreadful.

Advertisement