Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Toilet facilities at the Killinan End disgraceful. Met an old couple who have been going to matches many years at the match last Sunday, husband more feeble than the wife, he lost his wallet in the toilets. (Could have been a pick pocket). Plenty of room to extend the toilets here and it should be done straight away.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Is their really any issue with players weight being given in imperial/metric? Doesn't matter one bit. People all use both...

Let's use both.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Creedon's on newstalk now. Good panel on today. Might be worth a podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Xenophile wrote: »
    Toilet facilities at the Killinan End disgraceful. Met an old couple who have been going to matches many years at the match last Sunday, husband more feeble than the wife, he lost his wallet in the toilets. (Could have been a pick pocket). Plenty of room to extend the toilets here and it should be done straight away.

So you think if the toilets had been done up the old guy wouldn,t have his wallet nicked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Advertisement

So you think if the toilets had been done up the old guy wouldn,t have his wallet nicked?

Yes I do, as the same opportunity would not be there, men milling around like sardines packed into such a small space without any control or stewarding.

I will go one further and say that Health and Safety should investigate this complaint and suspend quarter finals here until something is done to rectify the problem.

As seen from the Garth Brooks debacle the GAA as an organisation has to be brought keeping and screaming to the table before they are forced to confront the problem.

Best wishes and many thanks to Paul Fitzgerald, Fethard, who announced his retirement from inter county football yesterday. Paul has been a great and brave servant to the county football team playing in between the sticks since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

Would anyone be able to throw light on this one for me please. Booking my tickets from tickets.ie for A.I semi match and want to bring 3 juveniles. Website accepted everything and all done but I see this line at first stage when you click in:
    "FAMILY SECTION TICKETS
    Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands.
    You are permitted to purchase 2 Juveniles ticket with every 1 Adult Ticket purchased."

Does the last line (2 Juveniles to 1 Adult) apply to all areas or is it just if you are getting Family tickets?? Would be just a disaster to be at the turnstile and finding a problem then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Can I just ask, why is Gaelic football more popular down in the south of the county than hurling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

uggybear wrote: »
    Can I just ask, why is Gaelic football more popular down in the south of the county than hurling?

Didn't know it was

Conelan wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to throw light on this one for me please. Booking my tickets from tickets.ie for A.I semi match and want to bring 3 juveniles. Website accepted everything and all done but I see this line at first stage when you click in:
    "FAMILY SECTION TICKETS
    Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands.
    You are permitted to purchase 2 Juveniles ticket with every 1 Adult Ticket purchased."

Does the last line (2 Juveniles to 1 Adult) apply to all areas or is it just if you are getting Family tickets?? Would be just a disaster to be at the turnstile and finding a problem then!

I see you did not get any response to your post here. Afraid I can't help you either.

I suggest you ring

Lar Na Pairce
    Slievenamon Rd, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
    (0504) 22702

Here is a link to their website.

http://larnapairce.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

uggybear wrote: »
    We love our hurling in South Tipp.:cool:

Didn't know it was

It's more popular in terms of the number of participates/clubs, not support really

Limerick or Kilkenny?

Limerick or Kilkenny?

Do you mean the semi-final match or which one would you rather meet in the final?

If You mean the latter option (who would you rather tipp face in the final) Limerick would be my preference, as for the semi it's a hard one to call between the two (LK & KK)

I really think Limerick have a great chance here. I know we would fancy our chances against KK so why would Limerick, who have beaten us the las 2 times we met and should have beaten us the time before that , not have a great chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,804 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really think kilkenny will win this comfortably enough.

Each time kk are playing I always feel that the other team have a great chance and always end up disappointed. Cannot see why this should be any different.

Kk have a psychological advantage over every team apart from Cork.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

I think Kilkenny will win semi final and IF Tipp win against Cork I'd rather meet Kilkenny in the final than Limerick.

why?

• Advertisement

Surely, logic dictates that kk are favs for the AL...in terms of squad strength, experience, and general ability....

I'd rather play Limerick in ALL F than KK - we've been a lot closer to Limerick in Championship than KK for a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Really think kilkenny will win this comfortably enough.

Each time kk are playing I always feel that the other team have a great chance and always end up disappointed. Cannot see why this should be any different.

Kk have a psychological advantage over every team apart from Cork.

Sounds stupid I know but Limerick hurling can be a lot about momentum. If they get a run on you, they can be very hard to beat, however on the converse, if you deny them that momentum they can be beaten quite comfortably a la Clare last year and Cork in the Munster final.
    When they can put together a good ten or 15 minute spell and get on top of the opposition for that period it really drives them on, however if they hit wides like the Munster final or the other team can keep scoring regularly like Clare last year, it prevents them getting that "run on you".

It is something we in Tipp have always struggled to deal with. At times when we play Limerick we look like we can win the game by 10 points, but we hit a slack period and they get a couple of scores and the momentum builds. I honestly believe we could have won our game against them by > 6 points just as easily as we lost it. We hit a few wides that could have put the game away, they got some great scores and next thing ya know they are all over us.

If Kilkenny can keep scoring and break up the game with injuries etc, and Limerick hit a few wides in those periods of the game where Limerick are on top, they will break any momentum and could win the game quite easily. The other side of the coin is that if Limerick can hang in there when KK are on top and get a good 10 minute spell where they comfortably out-score Kilkenny, they could well see it through to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

why?

Kilkenny are beatable and we could beat them in the final. However I think if Limerick were in the final that they would have the momentum and the drive to win the AI more than we would. I'll still be shouting for Limerick on Sunday though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I think Kilkenny will win semi final and IF Tipp win against Cork I'd rather meet Kilkenny in the final than Limerick.

Good god no way. I can't see Limerick beating us twice in the one year. I still think we are a better side than them at the moment in spite of the earlier defeat.
    It took probably the greatest performance ever by a Tipp side to beat Kilkenny in the 2010 All-Ireland final and one of the greatest in 2009 and still be beaten. Comfortably beaten in 2011, hammered in 2012, comfortably disposed of in 2013. I can't for the life of me see why you think we would have a better chance v KK than Limerick. It would take something at least onto our 2009 performance for us to beat them in the All-Ireland this year. We may have that in our locker, I'm not sure yet, we haven't shown it or even near it.

Surely it would be the end of Tipp hurling forever if we were beaten by Limerick three times in a row in the championship (not to mention in an ALL F)!!!! I'm joking but I'm also half serious...

Getting beaten by Limerick three times in a row...could it happen...how would we live...

It's one thing getting hammered by the greatest team of all time for a few years but jesus...

Either way we can't lose again to either of these two! Its time for Tipp to man up, whup Cork and bate the shyte out of whoever we face in the final, hon Tipp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Like most neutrals I would love to see Limerick do in the cats but I don't think it's going to happen.

In fairness, that's a fantastic team and bench....

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222070

It does not look invincible like the teams of old - but when you look at that full back line and half forward line - it's pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 17,804 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

In fairness, that's a fantastic team and bench....

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222070

It does not look invincible like the teams of old - but when you look at that full back line and half forward line - it's pretty impressive

Unreal bench!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Either way we can't lose again to either of these two! Its time for Tipp to man up, whup Cork and bate the shyte out of whoever we face in the final, hon Tipp!!!

As Conor McGregor, the Irish UFC fighter would say, "We're not here to take part, We're here to takeover" :D

Hon the Premier!

Advertisement