Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

A fair comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Ye mite if ye stop bottling games:D:D:D

Posts like that often come back to bite you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: Please stop the slagging and get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Posts like that often come back to bite you

It was a joke, howld your horses

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

Now that Wexford are through to meet Limerick was just wondering IF (and that's a capital IF!!) Tipp and Wex won through to All Ire Semis would that see Tipp v Kilkenny at semi stage so as not to have the 2 Leinster counties at one side and the 2 Munster counties at other side or would it be names in a hat to play the provincial winners? Know there's a lot of hurling to be done before that scenario arises but just wondering??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

IF wexford and tipp came through the quarters it would names in a hat to play cork/kk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Wexford won't beat Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thank you

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If they have to play again next weekend it's going to be tough going on them.

If they have to play again next weekend it's going to be tough going on them.

They have a bit of winning momentum built up though so i think they are in a good place going into the quarter final.

Limerick will have a point to prove and Wexford are still a bit raw but they'll have no fear of Limerick at the same time

• Advertisement

Huge disappointment in the under 21s this week. Felt we lacked the experience that Clare have and in particular with the men on the line.

How Stephen Cahill lasted the whole 80 is beyond me and I cant fathom the hype about Dan McCormack from some quarters. He looks very very ordinary at best and his man scored as much as him. Why he didn't go for goal at the end and chose to take a point is beyond bizarre. To make things even more bizarre he took off Tadgh Gallagher who scored a peach of a goal and was brought down for a 21 when he ran at the Clare backs. This despite living off scraps. Rather then getting more ball into him, Connolly brought him off. He also brought off Seamus Kennedy who was doing quite well on Galvin and curbing his influence somewhat. Was he injured or something?

Forde to be fair to him plugged away but his career has somewhat stalled. I felt his decision to play into the sun for the first half of extra time was very naive to say the least. Granted we hit the first two points but then Clare got five without reply. For the second half the sun was well set and it didn't have the same effect on Clare.

Colm O'Riordan proved though that he could be a major asset to the seniors in a couple of years should he opt for the small ball. Seriously talented player and a pure workhorse. A pity Liam Mcgrath went off injured because himself and O'Riordan linked up very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Should be a big crowd in Thurles on Sunday. I presume it's going to be all tickets?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Huge disappointment in the under 21s this week. Felt we lacked the experience that Clare have and in particular with the men on the line.

How Stephen Cahill lasted the whole 80 is beyond me and I cant fathom the hype about Dan McCormack from some quarters. He looks very very ordinary at best and his man scored as much as him. Why he didn't go for goal at the end and chose to take a point is beyond bizarre. To make things even more bizarre he took off Tadgh Gallagher who scored a peach of a goal and was brought down for a 21 when he ran at the Clare backs. This despite living off scraps. Rather then getting more ball into him, Connolly brought him off. He also brought off Seamus Kennedy who was doing quite well on Galvin and curbing his influence somewhat. Was he injured or something?

Forde to be fair to him plugged away but his career has somewhat stalled. I felt his decision to play into the sun for the first half of extra time was very naive to say the least. Granted we hit the first two points but then Clare got five without reply. For the second half the sun was well set and it didn't have the same effect on Clare.

Colm O'Riordan proved though that he could be a major asset to the seniors in a couple of years should he opt for the small ball. Seriously talented player and a pure workhorse. A pity Liam Mcgrath went off injured because himself and O'Riordan linked up very well.
    Agree and disagree with that. Ridiculous to say Forde's career "has somewhat stalled" its barely started so not really stalled at all.
    Think O Riordan could be seriously talented but want him playing footballers much more as think we've not a huge number of seriously talented guys playing football and he'll strengthen footballers much more

Agree and disagree with that. Ridiculous to say Forde's career "has somewhat stalled" its barely started so not really stalled at all.
    Think O Riordan could be seriously talented but want him playing footballers much more as think we've not a huge number of seriously talented guys playing football and he'll strengthen footballers much more

I hear what your saying re Forde. Hopefully he can push on and find another gear but he doesn't seem to be able to impose himself on games like he should given all the promise. Perhaps he was over-hyped. In full flow he is a joy to watch even if he lacks pace but didnt stand out at all the other night. I just think that at his final year at u21 level he should be laying down more of a marker.

As for Riordan well i hope both the footballers and hurlers can utilise him equally to his full potential. Tbf to Creedon he has shown immense faith in him this year and deserves to be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Friends of Tipperary Football had a very successful Golf Classic in Thurles on Saturday last, pity I did not think of giving this event a plug some time ago as I knew it was coming up.

I believe the Football Board had a meeting recently in Horse and Jockey with the County Board where an agreement was reached to the effect that the Footballers could have dual stars for 25% of the time.

I know that there is a big push on at present to get Bill Maher playing as a dual player and I hope he opts to play some football as well as hurling.

I have every belief that the footballers can do the business against Galway in Tullamore next Saturday and in doing so achieve a High for Tipperary football not seen by any of us in our lifetime.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Just looking at tickets.ie and stand tickets are 30 euros And tickets for killinan terrace are 20 euros.is the town end terrace closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Just bought 4 town end tickets in super valu in cahir €20 a piece

Just bought 4 town end tickets in super valu in cahir €20 a piece

Ah rite wonder is da town end reserved for tipp fans then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

which terrace are the tipperary supporters in on sunday?

primary 2 wrote: »
    which terrace are the tipperary supporters in on sunday?

hopfully the killinan end cos thats where i got my ticket haha

• Advertisement

buggy beag wrote: »
    hopfully the killinan end cos thats where i got my ticket haha

Its always the Kilinan end for Tipp supporters as long as I remember.

Its always the Kilinan end for Tipp supporters as long as I remember.

i thought we were in the town end for a game a few years ago might be wrong tho:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

i thought we were in the town end for a game a few years ago might be wrong tho:)

i think we were, it was the 2009 munster final v waterford if i am right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's the one,a big mistake putting us in there that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Seeing that there are four teams playing on Sunday I expect the terraces to be very mixed.

Ya was thinking that alright remeber being disgusted that day. killinan is our terrace noone elses

Ya was thinking that alright remeber being disgusted that day. killinan is our terrace noone elses

Kinda like the Gaza strip!

Kinda like the Gaza strip!

Ya we used to have the whole stadium now were boxed in the killinan end haha

I think Wexford might be in danger of burning off the goodwill that had built up around them after the last couple of games. Looking to have the game switched to Croke park at this stage is a bit stupid.

• Advertisement

I think Wexford might be in danger of burning off the goodwill that had built up around them after the last couple of games. Looking to have the game switched to Croke park at this stage is a bit stupid.

They said they were offered 2000 stand tickets anyone know How many the other 3 counties are getting?

Advertisement