Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is Ryder Hesjedal the team leader for Garmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is Ryder Hesjedal the team leader for Garmin?

I believe Dan Martin is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

el tel wrote: »
    Howz about a possible Boardsie meet up at the team presentation?? Sounds like there will be at least 3 boardsies there now

I'd definitely be up for that. I've to meet GavB to give him his ticket anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Rapha has invited me to their stand in Merrion Sq for the Giro to watch the finish on their screens, sip beer and head for dinner that evening.

Might be a bit of a laugh, however I feel defiled and not in a good way.
    Should I accept their hospitality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

ROK ON wrote: »
    Rapha has invited me to their stand in Merrion Sq for the Giro to watch the finish on their screens, sip beer and head for dinner that evening.

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Anyone on the 11 bells train to Belfast on the Friday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Pics or GTFO ( future tense )

Or should that be continental video or GTFO ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I noticed today Donegans/Monasterboice inn on the old m1 in Louth have made a wee effort and have six Italian flags flying.... Good spot for brekkie btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Be sure to wear a hodge podge of cycling clothes that are definitely NOT Rapha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I grabbed a pair of those free tickets for the Thu the other day in the hope of being able to go up for it but can't now. If anyone is interested and definitely able to get there but missed out on tickets just let me know. It's for two passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

I'd definitely be up for that. I've to meet GavB to give him his ticket anyway.

Sounds like a plan. I need to rustle up a wristband for my other half, otherwise there'll be divorce!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I thought the roads from Sutton cross all the way along the seafront were being re-surfaced? Went along today and that is not the case at all :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Most definitely YES

Zyzz wrote: »
    I thought the roads from Sutton cross all the way along the seafront were being re-surfaced? Went along today and that is not the case at all :/

Was just the Howth road. They'll have to brace themselves til they get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

g0g wrote: »
    I grabbed a pair of those free tickets for the Thu the other day in the hope of being able to go up for it but can't now. If anyone is interested and definitely able to get there but missed out on tickets just let me know. It's for two passes.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

finbarrk wrote: »
    PM sent.
    Thanks, link and voucher sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Nice Promo here :

Andrei Burton's Big Start Road Trip - Northern Ireland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7f7Hk1mf54

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

They've been doing patches in some places and full resurfacing in others. Oddly enough, they seem to be totally ignoring the stretch between the Bull Island causeway and wooden bridge which is in a terrible state. There are big holes about 10cm deep, tramlines where tar is missing from joints, lumps and bumps and all sorts of crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

^ thanks for the clarification!

Those tramlines are going to send cyclists flying..

• Advertisement

Is the route still going along the coast road by Clontarf ? Surely after redoing the Howth road ( almost from top to bottom ) it will turn up there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

^ thanks for the clarification!

Those tramlines are going to send cyclists flying..

I got caught in a tramline last year and got sent flying across the road .... and i was only traveling about 28kmph. I can only imagine the carnage it would cause at race speed so close to a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Just remembered the 11th is the last day of the EPL.

There goes my plan to go in town watch it in a pub and then go outside to watch it go past,boll**

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Oddly enough, they seem to be totally ignoring the stretch between the Bull Island causeway and wooden bridge which is in a terrible state. There are big holes about 10cm deep, tramlines where tar is missing from joints, lumps and bumps and all sorts of crap...
    Maybe they're marketing it as a cobbled classic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I just realised that it is on a sunday, not Monday.

Did it switch recently to starting on a fri rather than a sat? No idea how I missed it or why I thought it would be in Dublin on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

On the LBL thread, we were talking about the odds for the Giro for Roche and Martin. Martin top ten is 2/5, Nico is 11/10 and both is 2/1. Just a heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    On the LBL thread, we were talking about the odds for the Giro for Roche and Martin. Martin top ten is 2/5, Nico is 11/10 and both is 2/1. Just a heads up.

Thanks for that :)
    Not great odds really ,,,best bet is both in top 10 ......there is no doubt that they can both do it ...its just its a long 3 weeks where mishaps, bad weather and allergies may crop up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

el tel wrote: »

a few of us from a cycling club in Waterford are travelling up Thursday and cycling the stage . watch the time trail on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFG wrote: »
    Thanks for that :)
    Not great odds really ,,,best bet is both in top 10 ......there is no doubt that they can both do it ...its just its a long 3 weeks where mishaps, bad weather and allergies may crop up :eek:

There is a doubt. Martin hasn't done that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Im not sure if this is a repost ,this is a handy link ill put it here so i can find it myself http:/ http://www.translink.co.uk/Documents/Images/info_pages/giro/giro_guide.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement