Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Giro del Trentino spoilers

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/1384061-Giro-del-Trentino-2014-Stage-4-Val-Daone-Monte-Bondone
    Last stage results are in, and what can we say about Scarponi? Meh...Maybe. A good maybe, but still a maybe for Top 5 in the Giro. He'll be helped by a savage Astana team, but there's more than 5 riders on the Giro startlist who are better than him. Elsewhere, I'm concerned by Sivtsov's result. I'm a huge fan of his, and I think it's high time he started picking up some podiums. Not sure who was riding for who between him and Sir Wiggo, I'll check out the highlights tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Wiggins was riding for Sivtsov it seems...Sky are abit at 6s and 7s at present. Last time i heard Deignan was in the break...any news...The great Scarponi question remain unanswered for the moment....I think he will prob do a top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Armagh city seems to have lots on for the weekend. Sunday especially for stage 3 start. They have a booklet with all the planned events. Great to see them embracing it so convincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

wav1 wrote: »
    millmount being illuminated pink from next week.Would be nice to see the ''pink bull''over the well known watering hole also.

The Bull will be pink.
    Was speaking to JP, this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭De Bhál

East wall road now resurfaced from Aldi all the way down. Smooth

• Advertisement

Here is a Giro competition so family maybe interested in

https://www.facebook.com/downtownradio/posts/10152117445761849

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

De Bhál wrote: »
    East wall road now resurfaced from Aldi all the way down. Smooth
    Cycled it Thursday night, lovely surface. Clontarf road is the weak link now. Would love that to get resurfaced in the next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Cycled it Thursday night, lovely surface. Clontarf road is the weak link now. Would love that to get resurfaced in the next week!

It looks like the repaired sections may be all that will be done. ???

It still is quite bad in areas

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

whacker00 wrote: »
    It looks like the repaired sections may be all that will be done. ???

It still is quite bad in areas

They were starting something on Friday just past the Yacht heading outwards. Had about 200m of the left lane closed for some kind of roadworks. They're leaving it very late ...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

sbs2010 wrote: »
    They were starting something on Friday just past the Yacht heading outwards. Had about 200m of the left lane closed for some kind of roadworks. They're leaving it very late ...

Better late then never maybe

I also heard from someone that all the cats eyes along the route are required to be taken up for the day, does anyone know if this is the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

whacker00 wrote: »
    Better late then never maybe

I also heard from someone that all the cats eyes along the route are required to be taken up for the day, does anyone know if this is the case

IIRC that was done for the TdF in '98. At Bray the speed ramps were temporarily removed also. Unfortunately these matters were overshadowed somewhat that year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

All the Cats Eyes on the Waterford section (at least) were removed in '98 when the tour passed..........and then reinstated a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Anyone been on the road between Julienstown and ballbriggan recently? The state of some of that road is terrible and could cause some series crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

What time are the expected to hit the finish in dublin

lennymc wrote: »

Lenny posted this a few pages ago.
    Finishing times are on the right.
    Between 16.00 hours and 16.30 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

3102derek wrote: »
    What time are the expected to hit the finish in dublin

http://www.girostart2014.com/docs/Caravan-Closures_Web_Stage_3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

is there a detailed map of the route for Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Some advice.

Is there a goood point in NCD or Co. Louth to watch the race.
    I would prefer to see the peleton at a pinch point/rise/technical section - ie where the will have to slow thru a section so that I may actually see some action.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Some advice.

I would prefer to see the peleton at a pinch point/rise/technical section - ie where the will have to slow thru a section so that I may actually see some action.

Why not drive to Armagh and see them before they set off
    I don't know the area BTW

Some advice.

The feed station is at Castlebellingham.
    I imagine, that it will be just south of Castlebellingham, at Kilseran.
    It is a straight stretch of road, with a slight incline, about 1K.
    If you take the M1, exit at Junction 15. Take direction Castlebellingham. Get as close to village as possible. Then walk into village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Some advice.

In Lusk there are three roundabouts and some traffic islands that they have to go through. Also, I am installing some of the NDCX jumps outside my house so they need to either dismount or at least bunny hop them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thanks guys.

Feedstop might be good. Am going to cycle out.
    Also the run in from Malahide - will they be coming from the coast thru Portmarnock at all.
    If so I was thinking that the left turn from Malahide onto the R106 at the junction of Station Road might be a decent vanatage point.

Thanks guys.

Feedstop might be good. Am going to cycle out.
    Also the run in from Malahide - will they be coming from the coast thru Portmarnock at all.
    If so I was thinking that the left turn from Malahide onto the R106 at the junction of Station Road might be a decent vanatage point.

I'm from Portmarnock and I have no idea of where you are talking about! McAllister's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭billyhead

With the team time trials been the 1st stage and with Martin and Nico be the team leaders we might see an Irishman in the Pink Jersey on the stage into Dublin:D Is Deignan the team leader for Sky for the Giro?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I'm from Portmarnock and I have no idea of where you are talking about! McAllister's?

The Petrol station / Car showroom that's now a bicycle shop (I think) at the corner of the Swords Road and the Malahide Road.

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Petrol station / Car showroom that's now a bicycle shop (I think) at the corner of the Swords Road and the Malahide Road.

Used to be McAllister's Texaco garage. I've never heard the Malahide road called station road there before!

billyhead wrote: »
    With the team time trials been the 1st stage and with Martin and Nico be the team leaders we might see an Irishman in the Pink Jersey on the stage into Dublin:D Is Deignan the team leader for Sky for the Giro?

No, but they might let him be first over the line so he would take the jersey if they win the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Some advice.

Lusk Doyle is having a garden party and will be a great view of the race going past. A few cones on the by pass to form a chicane should slow down the peloton for a good view from his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

oooohh the ads on Eurosport with the Oirish accent are a bit cringe-worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Hi ROK ON. How about Barnageeragh Bridge on the Balbriggan/Skerries coast road. Wide section narrows just before the Bridge on a good bend. High footpath and wall to sit on. That's my chosen point anyways.

P.s. you can always scoot up the hill after they pass and catch them again at Blakes Cross.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement