Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gerry1962

Think Co Meath would be good place to watch....Dublin might get a bit crowded..Trying to figure out best place on Map...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

"Royal Mail has created a special postmark to mark the Giro d'Italia Big Start coming to Northern Ireland" :cool:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/cycling-race-makes-its-mark-on-post-30228050.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Think Co Meath would be good place to watch....Dublin might get a bit crowded..Trying to figure out best place on Map...

i would have thought they will fairly bate through meath. There are no hills or road furnityure to speak of between south Drogheda and Balbriggan (which is think is NCD?)

Perhaps Monasterboice where there is a bit of a drag, might be a decent place to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Road crews at work 'patching' between Lusk and Blake's Cross today. I suppose a full resurface was out of the question. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I wonder when they'll start road-works on the TTT course. They've all the publicity in the world but the roads are still pretty dangerous for a TTT. Ormeau and Stranmillis particularly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Anyone have an idea where the team buses will be parked in Dublin?

I am guessing it will be a good spot to see the cyclists after the stage. Also, not being cheeky but maybe hanging around the Anti-Doping van may also be a good spot to spot some of the big names as they will be giving samples.

Getting very excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

MPFG wrote: »
    ITV might be showing it

Eurosport player is just £3.99 a month (not sure what that is in euros)

Eurosport own the rights in the UK. They sold the Highlight rights to SKY last year.

No idea about Ireland, But RTE are part of Eurovision so might be able to get it? Is it not on the tv listings website yet? Or maybe send them a email.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Big Giro floral display under construction at Dublin Airport entrance. Probably planted by NI tourist board.
    Still under construction. Probably looks better from above.

GiroDublinAirport290414_zps13e849ff.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Eurosport is the only channel you'll be able to watch it on. They have exclusive rights.

I believe at least one Irish channel tried to get the rights, but couldn't do a deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Have 1 spare wristband for the presentation event if anyone wants it. Already collected so you can just take it off me at the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Have 1 spare wristband for the presentation event if anyone wants it. Already collected so you can just take it off me at the event.

Hi Darkglasses - if available I would really appreciate. I won't be in Belfast until the Friday

letape wrote: »
    Hi Darkglasses - if available I would really appreciate. I won't be in Belfast until the Friday

Sure but the event is on the Thursday (8th)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Sure but the event is on the Thursday (8th)!

Ah damn it!! I had thought that might be the case but forgot to check!!

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea where the team buses will be parked in Dublin?

I am guessing it will be a good spot to see the cyclists after the stage. Also, not being cheeky but maybe hanging around the Anti-Doping van may also be a good spot to spot some of the big names as they will be giving samples.

Getting very excited now.

I am guessing team buses will be parked on merrion square south or east. There are good wide roads there. The riders will cross line on the government buildings side of the square so can they can then take a left and straight on to the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I still think the best place to see the riders will be sign on in Armagh

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Road crews at work 'patching' between Lusk and Blake's Cross today. I suppose a full resurface was out of the question. :(

It is Fingal County Council your talking about. They's eat their own ****e than do anything cycling related.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

Hi Darkglasses, I'd love to take it if it's still available! Thanks

Gavb wrote: »
    Hi Darkglasses, I'd love to take it if it's still available! Thanks

Sure thing, I'll send you a pm next week and let you know where I'll be before the event so you can take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

Sure thing, I'll send you a pm next week and let you know where I'll be before the event so you can take it.

That's brilliant, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

The Stelvio is still very much snowed in: http://webcam.popso.it/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Looking at the ride with gps route notes, I've noticed that the race goes through Lusk rather than around it. I'll have to go walkies in order to see it so. After the pinch point at Murrays should be good for some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I still think the best place to see the riders will be sign on in Armagh

+1 on this...anyone heading up for this on Sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Only a week to go, getting excited about this now. :D

Fair play to Shadetree there's a lot of clear and concise info up at http://www.girostart2014.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

greenmat wrote: »
    It is Fingal County Council your talking about. They's eat their own ****e than do anything that resembles work
    That's a bit mire precise.

Was half thinking about skivin g a day off work next Fri to go and watch the time trial.
    Get up early have a gander and a decent spit at the finish. Must see what time the last train is at.

bcmf wrote: »
    Was half thinking about skivin g a day off work next Fri to go and watch the time trial.
    Get up early have a gander and a decent spit at the finish. Must see what time the last train is at.

Is TTT on in the evening .....

Maybe you should have a boards.ie day out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Maybe should ahv a boards.ie day out

They're practising in the morning, 09.30-12.30, and actual stage is from 16.00-20.30 (riders off 17:45-20:00).

Maybe you should have a boards.ie day out

It's enough organising kit for yis .I don't wanna be seen with yis as well

bcmf wrote: »
    It's enough organising kit for yis .I don't wanna be seen with yis as well

Well no one need to be actually together at the event ....just there at same time communicating by web and this site :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Howz about a possible Boardsie meet up at the team presentation?? Sounds like there will be at least 3 boardsies there now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement