Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

otterj wrote: »
    is there a detailed map of the route for Dublin

I was wondering the same myself. All I have seen is the time schedule and a very high level map, but not detailed map.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

bazermc wrote: »
    I was wondering the same myself. All I have seen is the time schedule and a very high level map, but not detailed map.

Look back a few pages, there's one in-thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Here's one from earlier in the thread,

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4245078

Stage 3
    The turn from Westland row on to merrion street at the run into the finish should be a interesting -
    fairly tight left followed by an immediate right with a lot of road furniture. Good chance of a crash if bunch is packed together

I think I will stake a place right outside Kennedys

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Stage 3
    The turn from Westland row on to merrion street at the run into the finish should be a interesting -
    fairly tight left followed by an immediate right with a lot of road furniture. Good chance of a crash if bunch is packed together

I think I will stake a place right outside Kennedys

The road surface on Merrion St is pretty poor too, they really need get it resurfaced in time, especially since a sprint finish is expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I got 2 tickets for the teams presentation next Thursday but won't be able to use them.

Who wants them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

sbs2010 wrote: »
    I got 2 tickets for the teams presentation next Thursday but won't be able to use them.

Who wants them?
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Any spare tickets for the thursday nite knocking around?

Green&Red here's your chance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ROK ON wrote: »
    .. I was thinking that the left turn from Malahide onto the R106 at the junction of Station Road might be a decent vanatage point.
    Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I'm from Portmarnock and I have no idea of where you are talking about! McAllister's?
    Inquitus wrote: »
    The Petrol station / Car showroom that's now a bicycle shop (I think) at the corner of the Swords Road and the Malahide Road.
    Would ROK ON be referring to the roundabout south of Portmarnock where Station Road, Strand Road and Coast Road intersect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I was thinking about watching from in around the Seatwon Road, reckon it would be worth watching from there at all? I'll be recovering from Knee surgery so am afraid of the crowds and travel to town and plan on staying gin around the Swords area. Any other good suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Who wants them?

I would love to have them if still available! I work in Belfast so would definitely be able to use them!

• Advertisement

I was thinking about watching from in around the Seatwon Road, reckon it would be worth watching from there at all? I'll be recovering from Knee surgery so am afraid of the crowds and travel to town and plan on staying gin around the Swords area. Any other good suggestions?
    Personally I'd prefer to be on a bend/corner. At Seatown Road they'll be tipping along nicely so you won't see that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

el tel wrote: »
    I would love to have them if still available! I work in Belfast so would definitely be able to use them!

Grand so - El Tel gets them. PM me your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Grand so - El Tel gets them. PM me your email address.

That's great thank you. PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

dewindygap wrote: »
    Hi ROK ON. How about Barnageeragh Bridge on the Balbriggan/Skerries coast road. Wide section narrows just before the Bridge on a good bend. High footpath and wall to sit on. That's my chosen point anyways.

P.s. you can always scoot up the hill after they pass and catch them again at Blakes Cross.

That might prove difficult. By the time it would take to get to the car and free of other spectators and bearing in mind that you would need to get around to Balrothery and then down the R132 I'd say that you might miss them with the speed that they would be travelling at.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

buffalo wrote: »
    oooohh the ads on Eurosport with the Oirish accent are a bit cringe-worthy.

Any hope of RTE showing this I wonder or is it a Eurosport exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

That might prove difficult. By the time it would take to get to the car and free of other spectators and bearing in mind that you would need to get around to Balrothery and then down the R132 I'd say that you might miss them with the speed that they would be travelling at.

Up to cross of the cage, turn left and head for man o war then down to murtaghs pub. Should make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Big Giro floral display under construction at Dublin Airport entrance. Probably planted by NI tourist board.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

yknaa wrote: »

TG4 have showed the Tour the last few years, they might get involved ??

whacker00 wrote: »

ITV might be showing it

Eurosport player is just £3.99 a month (not sure what that is in euros)

RO 06 wrote: »
    Up to cross of the cage, turn left and head for man o war then down to murtaghs pub. Should make it.

Why not cycle between sites:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »

Not a hope. Rte only show trendy sports so gaa and rugger.

RO 06 wrote: »

Thanks for the directions. You'd swear I didn't live nearby. Unlike you!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks for the directions. You'd swear I didn't live nearby. Unlike you!
    I see you're getting your roundabouts tarted up ahead of the Giro - unfortunately all those election posters will drag the place back down again ....

Beasty wrote: »
    I see you're getting your roundabouts tarted up ahead of the Giro - unfortunately all those election posters will drag the place back down again ....

Im going to tear them all down and make a bicycle out of them in a field for the helicopter to get some shots of!

Beasty wrote: »
    I see you're getting your roundabouts tarted up ahead of the Giro ...
    .....and the shrubs came in pink pots too! I thought it was Giro related but then they were taken out of them for planting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Im going to tear them all down and make a bicycle out of them in a field for the helicopter to get some shots of!

The "Pinarello (Clare) Daly"

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

.....and the shrubs came in pink pots too! I thought it was Giro related but then they were taken out of them for planting.
    They are going to hand the pots out as headwear for cyclists on the course ...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

I also meant by bike, after all it is ROK ON.

On a serious note tho, do you really think the crowds will be out all along the route? I do hope so.
    Also, should be a great viewing from ''The Ladies' Stairs''

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

whacker00 wrote: »

Haven't seen any Irish stations advertising it yet. Would have thought UTV or BBC NI might show it but maybe Eurosport have exclusive rights. Even if they only got highlights it would be better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not a hope. Rte only show trendy sports so gaa and rugger.
    It's also not a sports channel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement