Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

What is the reason for the Pink jersey's and all the promotion of Pink for the Giro.

I have seen shops and places on route already decked out in pink...

Just wondering

Thanks
    Is this a serious question???

Given your name I would ave thought you'd know that pink is the colour of the Giro ,worn by the leader of the race and the colour of the newspaper that began the race race back int the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mariokk

Just got two tickets!! absolutely delighted!!!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Just got 2 myself, brilliant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

ugsparky wrote: »
    Get back on lads quickly - I just got 2 tickets - the basket time went up to 6 mins - put quantity 2 "select" - continue - confirm ... printed it off and I'm looking at it - good luck

Thanks a million.
    Just got mine.

There must be still some available as stilladvertising on twitter

BTW I expect all of you to update us who can't et there on the day ....you know the kind of thing....who looks fit and up for it....who looks vague, low down on haircuts, kit, etc

• Advertisement

I had intended going to Belfast on train. But it looks like, there's no suitable return train. So looks like it's the car. Does anybody know, what parking might be available in Belfast, that might suit.

MPFG wrote: »
    There must be still some available as stilladvertising on twitter

BTW I expect all of you to update us who can't et there on the day ....you know the kind of thing....who looks fit and up for it....who looks vague, low down on haircuts, kit, etc

Lowdown on haircuts will be posted, where they belong...... In the Party Bus.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I had intended going to Belfast on train. But it looks like, there's no suitable return train. So looks like it's the car. Does anybody know, what parking might be available in Belfast, that might suit.

You may want to drive to a station near Belfast and get train last bit of the way.... just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i would have expected yo uto cycle up eamonnator

A guy further back in this thread is offerign a life to Belfast ..maybe could hook up
    rkantos wrote: »
    Anyone interested in going to see the Giro with a fan? Currently I've got a car with 4 free places, as it is just me going to see it. I'm located in Blanchardstown and would happily take a fan or two to see the Giro. I was thinking B&B, or even driving back to Dublin every night. I'd appreciate if you'd cover fuel costs. :)

• Advertisement

i just got tickets btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I assume we'll all recognise each other by the secret handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Eamonnator wrote: »

Maybe the Castlecourt Shopping Centre car park - handy from the M1 approach and open til 10 - probably later for this

• Registered Users Posts: 14 infor74

Did you all actually get tickets or did you get a print out of a barcode? As far as I know you still need to go to the box office to collect your tickets. Does anyone know when the box office is open and if it's open on the day of the presentation. Would not want to arrive on the day and not get in...

I assume we'll all recognise each other by the secret handshake.

Be careful of the secret handshakes up there :pac: :pac: :pac: ... and don't be asking for a pint of shtout ... "it's the devil's buttermilk" ... when you're there you should try the Crown Liquor Store opposite the Europa Hotel ... grand wee snugs and good pub grub ... but it gets busy.

I'm going up early so she can look around the shops and then some food - presentation - home and tasting wine and cheese by 11.30 ish ... hopefully with Cadel Evans, Ryder Hesjedal and Dan Martin's moniker on my jersey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I don't see the Giro presentation on the link above - is the presentation now fully subscribed?

think its sold out now. Tickets are to be picked up before 4pm on the day.

letape wrote: »
    I don't see the Giro presentation on the link above - is the presentation now fully subscribed?

I suppose you could always log on and see

lennymc wrote: »
    think its sold out now. Tickets are to be picked up before 4pm on the day.

I'm just off the phone to them and they told me I need to pick my tickets up before 4pm on the 1st of May as they will need to be re-allocate them if no-one shows...

infor74 wrote: »
    I'm just off the phone to them and they told me I need to pick my tickets up before 4pm on the 1st of May as they will need to be re-allocate them if no-one shows...

1st may. better get moving so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Be careful of the secret handshakes up there :pac: :pac: :pac: ...

I wouldn't worry, if there's one thing we know on this forum, it's subtlety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

infor74 wrote: »

From the email I got they said the 8th.

"Any pre-booked tickets which are not collected by 4pm on Thursday 8 May 2014 will be reallocated"

Seems strange that you'd have to go up a week before hand to collect your tickets.

Maybe there could be a boardsie badge...so people can recognize one of their own

Something small and discrete ...or a scarf or even a tie

marvin80 wrote: »
    From the email I got they said the 8th.

"Any pre-booked tickets which are not collected by 4pm on Thursday 8 May 2014 will be reallocated"

Seems strange that you'd have to go up a week before hand to collect your tickets.

Didnt think it was strange at all to be honest but then I'm in Armagh so maybe its different if you've ordered a bit further away...

We could all wear Celtic Jersey's ...

We could all wear Celtic Jersey's ...

What about all the celtic fans that are bound to turn up :rolleyes:

What about all the celtic fans that are bound to turn up :rolleyes:

they could wear rangers jerseys.

Sure deep down we're all Celtic supporters ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I suppose you could always log on and see

I did log on and as I said the event isn't showing up

• Advertisement

Sure deep down we're all Celtic supporters ... :)

i hate to break this to you ....but no were are not all Celtic fans...even deep down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement