Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Niiiiiice.

Should be able to fcuk with a lotta heads in Mayo and Kerry with that line up. Which of course, is the ultimate aim from here on out. (Sorry Carlow.) Great to see Con and Scully get their chance. Really hope that line up starts.

It's a big no from me for Anthony Cunninham. Left Galway under a very toxic cloud. We already have one of our own. We really don't need to be importing anyone elses. He has too much baggage. He also does not have a good reputation as a good man manager, in tune with the modern methods of handling players. We already have someone like that and it hasn't worked out well. The Galway players, the county board, the contentious club politics are not entirely blameless either. We all have our opinions on what happened, but we'll probably never know all the rights or wrongs involved. But what we do know, is that AC alienated a significant number of his own players. He then dug his feet in and found himself mired in a very nasty situation. I want our next manager to be someone who is able to avoid creating or getting involved in those kinds of toxic environments in the first place. Not too much to ask surely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Should be able to fcuk with a lotta heads in Mayo and Kerry with that line up. Which of course, is the ultimate aim from here on out. (Sorry Carlow.) Great to see Con and Scully get their chance. Really hope that line up starts.

Where's the bleedin team ProudDub, that's your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »
    Where's the bleedin team ProudDub, that's your job.

I tried but the ****ing thing was huge off twitter. Didn't want to break boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

DUBLIN (SF v Carlow)

1 Stephen Cluxton Parnell's

2 Michael Fitzsimons Cuala

3 Jonny Cooper Na Fianna

4 Eric Lowndes Naomh Peregrine

5 Niall Scully Teach Mealóg Sráid Singe

6 Cian O'Sullivan Cill Mochuda Na Crócaigh

7 Jack McCaffrey Cluain Tarbh

8 Brian Fenton Rath Éanna

9 James McCarthy Ciceam Baile Munna

10 Ciaran Kilkenny Caisleán Cnuacha

11 Diarmuid Connolly Naomh Uinsionn

12 Paul Mannion Cill Mochuda Na Crócaigh

13 Kevin McManamon Naomh Jude

14 Con O'Callaghan Cuala

15 Dean Rock Ciceam Baile Munna

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Niiiiiice.

Couldn't really give a fcuk how ye line up more like. (Sorry Carlow).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Dublin - 19 on the spread, and 4/9 to score 3 goals or more! Not much to tempt a chap.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

PARlance wrote:
    Couldn't really give a fcuk how ye line up more like. (Sorry Carlow).

You should, Lee Keegan's great granddad was from Carlow. Same for the O'Connors. No natural footballing blood in Mayo at all !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dublin - 19 on the spread, and 4/9 to score 3 goals or more! Not much to tempt a chap.

Carlow +19.5
    Kildare -2.5
    Louth +5.5

Works out @ 4.94 to help a fella on the road to riches .. I'll be the one on the terrace this evening roaring at them to take their points if the margin gets above 12 with 10 mins to go ;)

I had them one time on similar bet and they won by some ridiculous margin after scoring a late goal, at which point I uttered "Ah for fks sake."

Which earned some strange glances! so be careful out there Doc!

You should, Lee Keegan's great granddad was from Carlow. Same for the O'Connors. No natural footballing blood in Mayo at all !!!

Aon fhocal eile?

Richie Kavanagh and Catherine Thomas... That's all that ever came out of Carlow :)

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Aon fhocal eile?

Richie Kavanagh and Catherine Thomas... That's all that ever came out of Carlow :)

They try to claim Kevin Barry on basis he went there for holidays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

PARlance wrote: »
    Aon fhocal eile?

Catherine Thomas tho.....

No frontiers was great so long as she was somewhere warm and sunny and not in Fecking Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Carlow +19.5
    Kildare -2.5
    Louth +5.5

Works out @ 4.94 to help a fella on the road to riches .. I'll be the one on the terrace this evening roaring at them to take their points if the margin gets above 12 with 10 mins to go ;)

Dublin haven't scored 3 goals in a game in a long time iirc. Our winning margin in Leinster last year was down quite a bit on previous years too. Carlow +19 and Dublin scoring 2 goals or less for the money.

Having said that i'm hoping young Con ends up with 3-10 from play sparking an absolute rout.:D

Anyone remember the last time Dublin played Carlow? In championship I mean. They'd played one another in O'Byrne a few times.

I think last time Carlow beat Dublin was in 1944!

Last time they met was 1978. Dublin 6 - 15 Carlow 2 - 9.

John McCarthy, father of James, scored 3 - 7!

Ah here. How do you know that? :eek:

Knowing where Lee Keegan's great grandpappy is from, is borderline stalkerish. I really hope that factoid only entered yer noggin, coz a Lee Keegan interview was printed beside something worth reading, like the winning Lottery numbers, Arlene Fosters thoughts on who will win Ulster this year, or the price of pork bellies in Botswana.

Setting out soon, on the great trek west, south, south-west to that place half an hour from the Red Cow, with the big pitstop restauranty building, that's not called Barack Obama Plaza. Ya know, the other one...the one with the great donuts and the Xmas pudding muffins in December.....yeah, there.

Go forth and prosper Dubs !

Fightin' words from the Carla crowd.

Love it !
    Carlow GAA‏Verified account @Carlow_GAA 7h7 hours ago

Bring your Sam, your Hill, your COYBIB, your hats, flags & headbands. Bring Molly bleedin Malone too but understand this: CARLOW IS RISING

DBYNlMRXoAAhzzu.jpg

Bolshie lot, aren't they?

(Thanks for this lads. At least we know wher the fcuk yiz are now. :D )
    Carlow GAA‏Verified account @Carlow_GAA 22m22 minutes ago

We weren't afraid of you then and we ain't afraid of you now either....
    @DubGAAOfficial

DBZovSQXsAAIGcC.jpg

They weren't afraid of us when!

Did I miss something :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think Tbf you could colour 31 counties red for this particular game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

John McCarthy, father of James, scored 3 - 7!

Scored six goals that day and still only won by 18. Very tempted..!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Just wondering could somebody educate me about the development of Cuala GAA.

Where would their main club house/grounds be based? I'm aware they operate from a number of different locations so I was just wondering where would their main club house, pitch and grounds be? Not a Dub but I like to take a trip out to see their set up while in Dublin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Just wondering could somebody educate me about the development of Cuala GAA.

Where would their main club house/grounds be based? I'm aware they operate from a number of different locations so I was just wondering where would their main club house, pitch and grounds be? Not a Dub but I like to take a trip out to see their set up while in Dublin.

You should be asking this fella

X3Sb9eB.jpg

https://twitter.com/sportsdes

Bonniedog wrote:

Says June 1988 in the program. I'm pretty sure I was at it. I remember it vaguely

dobbs2210 wrote:

I remember when they opened the new ground in the 90's was at a challenge game for the hurlers and footballers

Johnny Barr, Keith's brother ran past me know the line and his leg just broke, we all heard it like snapping a stick . He was is agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Is Dermo at risk of a suspension when he picks up his next black card ? If so I'm sure Jim will advise him too pick it up tonight,so as too not have it hanging over him for the rest of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is there some rule in the media that every time dublin play now there has to be some Mayo whinger like Moran in the commnetary box?

Carlow have ye rattled lads... so much so that Kilkenny lost the plot and kicked a point.

Bambi wrote: »
    Is there some rule in the media that every time dublin play now there has to be some Mayo whinger like Moran in the commnetary box?

He sounds like he had a good night anyway!

• Advertisement

First half over Fair play to Carlow they have thier tactics right so far.

The other counties in leinster should take note.

In fact the other counties in leinster should be ashamed at themselves. If Carlow can do this what are the likes of Meath and Kildare up to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement