Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ssbob wrote: »
    Looking good for a decent cut with Clause 19;)

Nice playing.

If he had 37 points, where are you going with you clause 19? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

PARlance wrote: »
    If he had 37 points, where are you going with you clause 19? :)

Doesn't it kick in anyway for the triple so he's 37 would effectively become 38 for handicapping purposes?

Doesn't it kick in anyway for the triple so he's 37 would effectively become 38 for handicapping purposes?

Jez, I'd have some rounds in the 50's if that was the case :)
    It was a stableford comp, a scratch is a scratch is a scratch and 37 points will lead to a 1*0.2 reduction (if CSS is 36)

Clause 19 wouldn't have made a difference if it was strokes. A triple was the lowest score on that hole possible with without scoring (he had a shot).
    A double would have gotten a point.

Eg.
    Assume it was a par 4.
    He'd have still scored 37 points if he had a 10 on that hole instead of a 7.
    However if it was a stroke comp, his gross however would go to +12. Then Clause 19 would kick in, the 10 becomes a 7. The +12 becomes and adjusted +9.... And off 10, with CSS being par (or 36) then it's still 1*0.2.

Jez, I'd have some rounds in the 50's if that was the case :)
    It was a stableford comp, a scratch is a scratch is a scratch and 37 points will lead to a 1*0.2 reduction (if CSS is 36)

Clause 19 wouldn't have made a difference if it was strokes. A triple was the lowest score on that hole possible with without scoring (he had a shot).
    A double would have gotten a point.

Eg.
    Assume it was a par 4.
    He'd have still scored 37 points if he had a 10 on that hole instead of a 7.
    However if it was a stroke comp, his gross however would go to +12. Then Clause 19 would kick in, the 10 becomes a 7. The +12 becomes and adjusted +9.... And off 10, with CSS being par (or 36) then it's still 1*0.2.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I need to play more.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Captains on Sunday, net 70 off 13 (par 68), dodgy play but birdies on 16th and 17th made the card look better.
    Must try harder
    Must try harder
    Must try harder
    Must try harder
    Must try harder
    Must try harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I broke 80 for the first time in the open singles in shannon today. I'm buzzing after it. Was off the blues as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Looking good for a decent cut with Clause 19;)

Nice playing.

Cheers, the triple was a nett double bogey anyway :(
    I always do that, me and my course management ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

40 points in our Presidents Prize last Sunday, not enough to win - 2 points away from it - but won the category. Was a toughish day too with wind up and not playing as short as it did in recent weeks. Just held it together basically - didn't lose concentration once - and when I had to open up a little for a couple more 3 pointers in the end I got them too. Missed two 12 footers for birdie in the last 3 by a whisker. Oh and no scratchers just two doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

33 points in the open singles in Ballykisteen yesterday which just about got me into the buffer zone. Should have been a lot better though as I was going along nicely for the first 13 holes. Then three putted 14 for bogey, hit into the water on 15 to take double, missed a par putt on 16 and double bogeyed 17 and 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Today did not go as planned

Changed to an early tee time last night to avoid the rain that never came.

Got to the range for 20 minutes until I realised I was running late, just made it on time to tee off and catch up with the group.

On the first green in 2 and 3 putted from 25ft. Green were running very slow compared to last week when I was on the new course, a lot of 3 putts which was devastating after the last day of none.

Took me a few holes to get the pace right but irons never really came good all day.

4 pars and a bogey on the index one for 3 points each. 4 scratches (stuck two in the water on the par 3 17th)

Ended with 30 points. Best yet for a comp but left a lot on the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Went out for second time this week.
    SOOO happy i went out.
    for first time ever i reached 40 points. off 22 H/C.
    had a few 39's but never a 40.
    so:
    Monday i had 39 points.
    Wednesday i had 40 Points.

Open singles this Friday. hoping for similar results.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

33 points this morning. Playing my best stuff in a while, standing on 15 with 31 in my pocket. Snap hooked 3 off 3 tees in a row. One cracked off a tree to end up 20 feet behind me on the back box. Headmelt ensued only managed 2 points from 4.
    Old traits resurfacing, bad end to an otherwise good round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

35 around citywest off 5, course in lovely condition, tight track in windy conditions!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

At last. Won today's club singles with 43 points off 6.5 to bring me (finally) to category 1 ... 5.2. Happy days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Myksyk wrote: »
    At last. Won today's club singles with 43 points off 6.5 to bring me (finally) to category 1 ... 5.2. Happy days!

Well done,fantastic achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

played for the first time holes 23 and 22 at Grange golf club, cracking holes. 22 is right up there as maybe best hole on the course from the blue tees
    played them in -2

Finally put it together properly today, 42 points off 19 in Mahon gets me back to 18! Turned in 18 1 scratch down to waiting around on 2 3 balls on the par 5 fairway:-0 Eventually got through them to play the back 9 in 3 over, 24 points. Birdied 16 and left 2 tiddlers for birdie out there!

Long time coming, hopefully kick on from here...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

32pts today in singles in Gowran Park. Was a scramble all the way around, 2scratches and plenty of bogeys with 4 one pointers on the back nine. Had birdie from bunker on 18 at least to send me into the buffer hopefully.

Finally put it together properly today, 42 points off 19 in Mahon gets me back to 18! Turned in 18 1 scratch down to waiting around on 2 3 balls on the par 5 fairway:-0 Eventually got through them to play the back 9 in 3 over, 24 points. Birdied 16 and left 2 tiddlers for birdie out there!

Long time coming, hopefully kick on from here...

Great birdie on 16, hardest hole on the back 9 by a mile!!

I recently played my best ever back 9 on any course in Mahon, had 39 strokes including an 8:eek: on 16. I just hate that tee shot.........

Great birdie on 16, hardest hole on the back 9 by a mile!!

I recently played my best ever back 9 on any course in Mahon, had 39 strokes including an 8:eek: on 16. I just hate that tee shot.........

Hold the bloody horses.... You were -1 or -2 for 8 holes on a back 9!!!!!!!!

I'm going to report that post just so Charlie sees it :):)

• Advertisement

Hold the bloody horses.... You were -1 or -2 for 8 holes on a back 9!!!!!!!!

I'm going to report that post just so Charlie sees it :):)

Yes -2, I told him about it. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Another sloppy round there last night.
    I went: par / scratch / par / double / par /bogey / par / double / double for my front 9!!
    Back 9 wasn't much better with par / bogey / double / oops / par / bogey / double / double / bogey.

So inconsistent that its starting to drive me nuts. Some poor drives and landing behind every second tree on the course killed my score.

Played Corballis this morn with Denisoc, a joy to play with as always.

Started off poorly, 2 points after 3 holes :(
    That was coming after 2 really poor scoring rounds previously (20 & 23 points...were I actually thought I had played well... Delusional ;) )

Once I got that bad start out of the way I went around in +7 for the remaining 15 holes. Didn't really put a foot wrong. Just steady steady golf.
    Bit of bad luck and a bit of good.
    38 points in the end.
    Finally got a cut from Corballis.

Two 2's were an added bonus.
    Could be down to 14 if CSS is kind to me and comes in at 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Another sloppy round there last night.
    I went: par / scratch / par / double / par /bogey / par / double / double for my front 9!!
    Back 9 wasn't much better with par / bogey / double / oops / par / bogey / double / double / bogey.

So inconsistent that its starting to drive me nuts. Some poor drives and landing behind every second tree on the course killed my score.

Don't be so hard on yourself Charlie! From the last few rounds with you I can see that the consistency is starting to come. 6 pars for an 18 handicapper is good going. Just put some work into your chipping, that's where you are losing (not gaining) shots.

On my own game last night, really struggled to get out of the blocks despite a handy par on the first. Three one-pointers in the first 5 holes left me playing catch up all evening. Too many loose shots.

Despite all that I thought I had made the buffer but actually missed it by one shot, always a pain in the hole - I thought my chip to stone dead on the last had saved the 0.1 :mad:

Always learning about this game, didn't realise that the buffer zone closes in when your handicap drops. Shooting 34 points and getting 0.1 back is a bit of a nasty surprise :(

Played in 2 man team today, I'm off 5, partner is off 8, needed a serious round to get anywhere near prizes, had 47 points, got 3rd, I was even gross which I was delighted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

Another cut in the morning at Limerick golf club I hope........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »
    Played in 2 man team today, I'm off 5, partner is off 8, needed a serious round to get anywhere near prizes, had 47 points, got 3rd, I was even gross which I was delighted with.

First time Dar ?

Class. To dream for me.

First time Dar ?

Class. To dream for me.

No had under par round last year, I don't really count it as it was in a team,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

A score of 87/86 but saw a squirrel, so checking for recipes on the interweb.

Advertisement