Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlatan "girl against flouride" finally exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

anyone who believes anyone these days is a gullible fool

So we should all believe you?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So we should all believe you?
    absolutely not, without looking into it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Call me crazy but I'd rather juat have a clean water supply with as few additives as possible. It is not for the state to decide if I need fluoride supplements.

Edit: if the state were to foot the bill for all my dental needs then it should certainty have a say. But it doesn't, so it shouldn't.

Take your medicine and shut the fu*k up. Do what you're told, Pronto, as the water-board heads would say, and the Dentists... yes, Dentists have qualifications in toxicology in a far-away fantasy world made from donations from the pharmaceutical industries. Come fly with me, Come fly, come fly away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

hansfrei wrote: »
    Some ministers uncle is gettong money off the flouride company. Or some TD is using the flouride as an expense in his constituency to finance his daughters house. Or something.
    Sure isn't for your good health anyway.

Boyagainstfloride, is that you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wurly wrote: »
    How do you know that vaccinations are not toxic to the human body? How do you know that flouride isn't really bad news for us either?
    All that approval malarkey they have to go through before they make it to the market. There may be harmful effects but if the vaccines where toxic we'd know all about it because there would be mass reactions not one here and there.
    Flouride is bad for you. Theres loads of science to back that statement up somewhere, probably. Anyway I don't want it in my water.
    Fluoride is good for you, there's loads of evidence to back it up.
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    I wonder why so many countries are banning or taking the fluoride out of their water if it's so great for us, as the blogger claims?
    Democracy. The angry mob get's more attention than the rational scientist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    WS Gilbert gets it in one. If you like to get to get to the nitty head to 1 min 40 secs ......... otherwise enjoy!

And the words:

If you're anxious for to shine in the high aesthetic line
    as a man of culture rare,
    You must get up all the germs of the transcendental terms,
    and plant them ev'rywhere.
    You must lie upon the daisies and discourse in novel phrases
    of your complicated state of mind,
    The meaning doesn't matter if it's only idle chatter
    of a transcendental kind.

And ev'ry one will say,
    As you walk your mystic way,
    "If this young man expresses himself in terms too deep for me,
    Why, what a very singularly deep young man
    this deep young man must be!"

Be eloquent in praise of the very dull old days
    which have long since passed away,
    And convince 'em, if you can, that the reign of good Queen Anne
    was Culture's palmiest day.
    Of course you will pooh-pooh whatever's fresh and new,
    and declare it's crude and mean,
    For Art stopped short in the cultivated court of the Empress Josephine.

And ev'ryone will say,
    As you walk your mystic way,
    "If that's not good enough for him which is good enough for me,
    Why, what a very cultivated kind of youth this kind of youth must be!"

Then a sentimental passion of a vegetable fashion
    must excite your languid spleen,
    An attachment a la Plato for a bashful young potato,
    or a not- too-French French bean!
    Though the Philistines may jostle, you will rank as an apostle
    in the high aesthetic band,
    If you walk down Piccadilly with a poppy or a lily
    in your medieval hand.

And ev'ryone will say,
    As you walk your flow'ry way,
    "If he's content with a vegetable love which would certainly not suit me,
    Why, what a most particularly pure young man
    this pure young man must be!"

This was written by Gilbert about the fad of falling in love with vegetables ..... which, yes, bright young things did in those days ........ purely to impress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Who needs girl against fluoride when you have organizations below opposing it
    The Consumers’ Association of Ireland (CAI) took a neutral stance on the question of the
    benefits and risks of water fluoridation. The CAI council had voted that consumers should
    have choice in this issue and that as mandatory water fluoridation does not offer choice, the
    CAI opposes the continuation of water fluoridation. It is the recommendation of the
    Consumers’ Association of Ireland that the Government should now cease adding
    fluoridating chemicals to the piped drinking water.

The Irish Doctors’ Environmental Association (IDEA) likewise adopted a neutral stance on
    the benefits of water fluoridation, and expressed its opposition to the continuation of the
    fluoridation of drinking water supplies. The association has concerns regarding the addition
    of fluoride to the water supply, on the grounds of unknown dosage, particularly with regard
    to infants. It also has concerns regarding contaminants and the possible interaction of
    fluoride with other drugs. The association believes that the ingestion of fluoride should be a
    matter of choice, and that dental decay is best prevented by dietary measures and
    improved dental hygiene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

weisses wrote: »
    Who needs girl against fluoride when you have organizations below opposing it

I need the Girl Against Fluoride for entertainment. Your quotes without a reference are no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Muise... wrote: »
    I need the Girl Against Fluoride for entertainment. Your quotes without a reference are no fun.

Sorry was checking that calender

http://www.dohc.ie/publications/pdf/fluoridation_forum.pdf?direct=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Lots of people hold strange opinions. You casting the first stone MS?

i don't ming has dropped his concern with fluoride just that girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its interesting that ming has dropped his association with her, have anybody got a reply from any other politicians who quoted her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I really don't want to be drinking fluoridated water and currently I have no choice. This is my problem. Why don't the government just stop fluoridating and people that want it in their water can buy it in a plastic container. I believe all fluoride containers need to have the toxic skull and crossbones symbol as it is highly toxic. Who would want to put that in their cuppa tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't hear anyone complaining about all the dihydrogen monoxide, should we put a label on that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I really don't want to be drinking fluoridated water and currently I have no choice. This is my problem. Why don't the government just stop fluoridating and people that want it in their water can buy it in a plastic container. I believe all fluoride containers need to have the toxic skull and crossbones symbol as it is highly toxic. Who would want to put that in their cuppa tea?

Plenty of things are highly toxic in high concentrations but are perfectly fine at low levels. Water is toxic if ingested in large enough quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

realies wrote: »
    I am lost here .

Its the Flouride you see, it foooks with your ability to think straight and to comprehend even the most basic info :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lostdisk

srsly78 wrote: »
    You don't hear anyone complaining about all the dihydrogen monoxide, should we put a label on that too?

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

OP your thread is an attack on a girl, I don't know her history, education or mental state to be honest, and really I don't care, but theres a couple of things your missing in your veiled personal attack.

Because she has other idea's about other things doesn't automatically make her wrong on fluoride.
    Maybe it would be a better idea to maybe educate yourself a little about what fluoride is before adding links to a quack blog backing up your "claims".

The argument for it's staying in our water supply are that it helps our teeth, this argument is ridiculous, it causes more damage to teeth with fluorosis.

Fluoride accumilates in the body, some people have much less physical tolerance to this industrial waste product to others, so mass medication harms some more than others. It's been shown to affect the thyroid and pineal glands, look into the functions of both, use google maybe?

I have more to say about this subject but I find this thread misinformation at best and your links just codswollop to be frank.

Heres some links to counter your blog links, and don't worry no links from TGAF or spiritual guides.

Tooth Decay Trends in Fluoridated vs. Unfluoridated Countries
    http://fluoridealert.org/studies/caries01/

End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists And Environmentalists

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/79326.php
    Prominent Dentists Say Drinking NYC's Fluoridated Water is Risky

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prominent-dentists-say-drinking-nycs-fluoridated-water-is-risky-131137168.html

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation

John Colquhoun, D.D.
    S
    ., Ph.D
    http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html

Dentists' group takes up battle against fluoridation

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dentists-group-takes-up-battle-against-fluoridation-26072390.html
    Effects on the Endocrine System
    http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11571&page=224
    ADA study confirms dangers of fluoridated water, especially for babies
    http://www.naturalnews.com/030123_fluoride_babies.html#ixzz2oJnLVP00

I have a few things to do but will get back to this later.

Fluoride is a toxic industrial waste product from aluminium production.

Republic of Ireland

71% water fluoridation.

United Kingdom and Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland: No fluoridation.

Scotland: No fluoridation.

Wales: No fluoridation.

England: 10% water fluoridation.

Various Other European Countries

Austria: No fluoridation – "toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies in Austria." (17th February 2000).

Belgium: No fluoridation.

Czech Republic: No fluoridation – "since 1993 drinking water has not been treated with fluoride in public water supplies throughout the Czech Republic. Reasons:

Uneconomical
    Unecological
    Unethical
    Toxicologically and physiologically debatable"

Denmark: No fluoridation – "toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies." (22nd December 1999)

Finland: No fluoridation. One city, Kuopio, stopped in 1992.

France: No fluoridation – "fluoride chemicals are not included in the list of chemicals for drinking water treatment. This is due to ethical as well as medical considerations." (25th August 2000)

Germany: No fluoridation – "Generally in Germany fluoridation of drinking water is forbidden." (16th September 1999)

Luxembourg: No fluoridation – "Fluoride has never been added to the public water supplies in Luxembourg."

Holland: No fluoridation. It was rejected in 1976.

Norway: No fluoridation. It was rejected in 1975.

Spain: 3% water fluoridation.

Sweden: No fluoridation – "Nobel Medical Institute recommended against fluoridation. It is banned since 1971."

Switzerland: No fluoridation

stuar wrote: »
    OP your thread is an attack on a girl, I don't know her history, education or mental state to be honest, and really I don't care, but theres a couple of things your missing in your veiled personal attack.

Because she has other idea's about other things doesn't automatically make her wrong on fluoride.
    Maybe it would be a better idea to maybe educate yourself a little about what fluoride is before adding links to a quack blog backing up your "claims".

The argument for it's staying in our water supply are that it helps our teeth, this argument is ridiculous, it causes more damage to teeth with fluorosis.

Fluoride accumilates in the body, some people have much less physical tolerance to this industrial waste product to others, so mass medication harms some more than others. It's been shown to affect the thyroid and pineal glands, look into the functions of both, use google maybe?

I have more to say about this subject but I find this thread misinformation at best and your links just codswollop to be frank.

Heres some links to counter your blog links, and don't worry no links from TGAF or spiritual guides.

Tooth Decay Trends in Fluoridated vs. Unfluoridated Countries
    http://fluoridealert.org/studies/caries01/

End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists And Environmentalists

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/79326.php
    Prominent Dentists Say Drinking NYC's Fluoridated Water is Risky

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prominent-dentists-say-drinking-nycs-fluoridated-water-is-risky-131137168.html

Why I Changed My Mind About Water Fluoridation

John Colquhoun, D.D.
    S
    ., Ph.D
    http://www.slweb.org/colquhoun.html

Dentists' group takes up battle against fluoridation

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dentists-group-takes-up-battle-against-fluoridation-26072390.html
    Effects on the Endocrine System
    http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11571&page=224
    ADA study confirms dangers of fluoridated water, especially for babies
    http://www.naturalnews.com/030123_fluoride_babies.html#ixzz2oJnLVP00

I have a few things to do but will get back to this later.

Fluoride is a toxic industrial waste product from aluminium production.

Republic of Ireland

71% water fluoridation.

United Kingdom and Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland: No fluoridation.

Scotland: No fluoridation.

Wales: No fluoridation.

England: 10% water fluoridation.

Various Other European Countries

Austria: No fluoridation – "toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies in Austria." (17th February 2000).

Belgium: No fluoridation.

Czech Republic: No fluoridation – "since 1993 drinking water has not been treated with fluoride in public water supplies throughout the Czech Republic. Reasons:

Uneconomical
    Unecological
    Unethical
    Toxicologically and physiologically debatable"

Denmark: No fluoridation – "toxic fluorides have never been added to the public water supplies." (22nd December 1999)

Finland: No fluoridation. One city, Kuopio, stopped in 1992.

France: No fluoridation – "fluoride chemicals are not included in the list of chemicals for drinking water treatment. This is due to ethical as well as medical considerations." (25th August 2000)

Germany: No fluoridation – "Generally in Germany fluoridation of drinking water is forbidden." (16th September 1999)

Luxembourg: No fluoridation – "Fluoride has never been added to the public water supplies in Luxembourg."

Holland: No fluoridation. It was rejected in 1976.

Norway: No fluoridation. It was rejected in 1975.

Spain: 3% water fluoridation.

Sweden: No fluoridation – "Nobel Medical Institute recommended against fluoridation. It is banned since 1971."

Switzerland: No fluoridation

Wasting your time. This is a boards.ie endorsed personal attack on a minor celebrity. No amount of sense will be made to counter OPs ludicrous comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

lostdisk wrote: »
    Wasting your time. This is a boards.ie endorsed personal attack on a minor celebrity. No amount of sense will be made to counter OPs ludicrous comments.

Oh hai Aisling! (LOL at minor sleb btw!)

Oh hai Aisling! (LOL at minor sleb btw!)

Hello.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

He'd need to me making sense first.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He'd need to me making sense first.

Don't you just love how noone can counterargue against anything in the blog posts in the OP.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Yeah! And pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Never let it be said AH has failed to deliver -

19122012-the-girl-against-flouride-independent-630x471.jpg

That's Ms. Fitzgibbon on the right, Jesus in the middle, and God only knows who that is on the left, possibly the Virgin Mary in that get up! :pac:

She has a 6 pack on the left:eek:

Don't you just love how noone can counterargue against anything in the blog posts in the OP.

Have you read any of the counter arguments? Is it likely you're going ti change your mind?

Have you read any of the counter arguments? Is it likely you're going ti change your mind?

What counter arguments? Homeopaths are people just like everyone else, why would you deny them the same rights?

srsly78 wrote: »
    What counter arguments? Homeopaths are people just like everyone else, why would you deny them the same rights?

Wah?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wah?

Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

Am I supposed to re-arrange those words to form a sentence?

Lay off the flouride for a while.

Advertisement