Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Insulting a glass of water is deemed an Act of Vandalism according to the Ceann Comhairle. But when Alan Shatter calls Ming mentally ill due to him admitting he had to deal with depression in his past and thus by extension implying up to 20% of the adult population are mentally ill, we get no thread and barely 1 column inch. Yup that's the normal carry-on of Irish politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

ok so lets see.
    Ming ( campaigning against garda corruption while at the same time benefiting from it, posting drugs to members of the dail and signing the accompanying letters, trying to stand out in the dail by wearing jumpers that only a homeless man would wear while at the same time claiming expense's for time not spent in in the dail, repeated convicted criminal) in an aside I actually agree with the point that unless you are receiving a perfect water supply you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Wallace (standing as an independent as a professional competent business man only to be found out as a fraudster , verbally abusing a fellow TD , owing 19 million and not repaying it but trying to hire a hit man to recover 20000 from another person. On 7 June 2012, it emerged in The Irish Times that Wallace had made a €2,133,708 settlement with the Revenue Commissioners for under-payment of VAT. The sum related to his company MJ Wallace Ltd. Wallace admitted in the course of the article that he had knowingly made false declarations to the authorities. being arrogant and blind to his own double standards. Another criminal. )

and these are the people who you want to re elect ?? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I hope FG are paying you well for these posts

Why? They are piss poor posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Oh, I wouldn't vote for them. Just wanted to see what you understand as the 'lunatic fringe'.

All the stuff that Wallace has done is something that I would expect from your run-of-the-mill corrupt politician. Hardly 'lunatic fringe'.

And the same goes for Ming, bar the posting of drugs to TDs (which happened 10 years ago) and the jumpers. But I would say that wearing a jumper rather than a suit wouldn't make someone part of a 'lunatic fringe'.

Each to their own, I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ok so lets see.
    Ming ( campaigning against garda corruption while at the same time benefiting from it, posting drugs to members of the dail and signing the accompanying letters, trying to stand out in the dail by wearing jumpers that only a homeless man would wear while at the same time claiming expense's for time not spent in in the dail, repeated convicted criminal) in an aside I actually agree with the point that unless you are receiving a perfect water supply you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Wallace (standing as an independent as a professional competent business man only to be found out as a fraudster , verbally abusing a fellow TD , owing 19 million and not repaying it but trying to hire a hit man to recover 20000 from another person. On 7 June 2012, it emerged in The Irish Times that Wallace had made a €2,133,708 settlement with the Revenue Commissioners for under-payment of VAT. The sum related to his company MJ Wallace Ltd. Wallace admitted in the course of the article that he had knowingly made false declarations to the authorities. being arrogant and blind to his own double standards. Another criminal. )

When they make a valid point it should not be dismissed becuase theyve pricked around before.

Why are you picking up on things about them that is not related to the topic at hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Go on give it 40seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

its a valid point badly made by a sideshow chimp . the problem that people who are genuinely worried or involved get tainted by the involvement of wasters like flannagan Wallace and daly . any cause that these three are connected to is automatically the lunatic fringe.

I dread to think that there's enough idiots in their areas to re-elect these claim making work shy fraudsters and liars and thieves

Whoa, you really hate Ming............
    legal weed for all
    except ming ... that would be a fantastic outcome

little sideshow freak

You are a member of an garda siochana....... am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ok so lets see.
    Ming ( campaigning against garda corruption while at the same time benefiting from it

Interesting that his apparent hypocrisy is the first thing you point out as a major flaw against the man.

You do realise that Shatter done the very same thing himself?
    “What Minister O’Dea admitted yesterday is that he willingly and publicly discussed, for his own electoral gain, confidential information furnished to him by a member of An Garda Síochána. Such conduct is entirely unacceptable by any minister in any Government. Such conduct by a Minister for Defence, part of whose constitutional duty is to secure the security of the State, renders the Minster unfit for Cabinet office.

“No member of the gardaí, nor any member of the Defence Forces, can now in any way be assured that confidential information furnished to this minister will not be misused and be made public. The Minister s position is no longer defensible, and it is a sad reflection on the judgment of both the Taoiseach and the Green members of Government, that he remains in Cabinet"

He made that comment back in 2010, when O'Dea let slip details which Gardai had shared with him.

Then, in relation to Ming's controversy, he himself did the very thing that he called for O'Dea's resignation over.

An odious little slug of man.. but I guess since he wears a suit that it's easier to overlook :rolleyes:

When they make a valid point it should not be dismissed becuase theyve pricked around before.

Why are you picking up on things about them that is not related to the topic at hand?

because I was asked to by toby ! I agree its a valid point and it shouldn't be dismissed , my point is that it will be dismissed because him and his kind create a side show on a important issue to garner publicity for himself , did you see him playing up to the reporters out side after wards ? think they were just hanging around or they were called because he was planning something ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did the Six-One News cover this story at all ?

• Advertisement

because I was asked to by toby ! I agree its a valid point and it shouldn't be dismissed , my point is that it will be dismissed because him and his kind create a side show on a important issue to garner publicity for himself , did you see him playing up to the reporters out side after wards ? think they were just hanging around or they were called because he was planning something ?

Yep, you're right.
    Publicity for an important issue is to be avoided at all costs............

Would you mind answering my query from my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Not really. There is a certain decorum required from a public representative. I am against any and all class differences, but the Dail is the highest public chamber in the land, if you cannot present yourself with dignity there, then the rot will carry on down through society.

Closed minds? Would you appreciate it if your lawyer turned up in court in jeans and a T-Shirt? I certainly would not. You are paying them royally so they should respect you by being dressed for a formal occasion. The Dail is not Copper Face Jacks. It is a motherfvcking parliament.

Che Guevara refused to walk on red carpets, choosing to walk alongside them. But at least he was dressed accordingly.

o no url I am fully aware of the detestable nature of both alan shatter and willie o dea .

both are filthy corrupt and so are ming mick and the rest who went for election claiming to be whiter than white

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I dont care for the sideshow and the antcipation of it has no place in the dail, but he should not be dismissed as he has been, merely for who he is without his point being acknowledged and shown consideration.

And dont get me started on that git with teh pink shirts.

Lapin wrote: »
    Did the Six-One News cover this story at all ?

Just seemed to mention the opposition storming out. I missed the start though, so could have been mentioned in the introduction to the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

F**k you, Deputy Stagg! F**k you!!!

mikom wrote: »
    Yep, you're right.
    Publicity for an important issue is to be avoided at all costs............

Would you mind answering my query from my previous post.

yes I would mind , its none of your concern what I do or don't do for a living. what do you do for a living btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    F**k you, Deputy Stagg! F**k you!!!

There is nothing he would enjoy more.I would imagine

yes I would mind , its none of your concern what I do or don't do for a living. what do you do for a living btw ?

Work it out from my posts.
    I worked it out from yours.

I can see how the garda corruption issue would prickle you.

• Advertisement

ha ha I m not bothered reading your posts kiddo, you obviously have too much free time. best go back and do some more working out though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Stop yer bickering, and get to the point good sir.

Also, what's wrong with wooly jumpers anyway?

ha ha I m not bothered reading your posts kiddo,

That's a very defeatist attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

o no url I am fully aware of the detestable nature of both alan shatter and willie o dea .

both are filthy corrupt and so are ming mick and the rest who went for election claiming to be whiter than white

My point was that the Dail is literally full of hypocritical, corruptible and self-serving gombeens.

I think those on the 'left' get a disproportionate amount of abuse for it though. Maybe that's because such traits are to be expected in those of a more conservative nature!

Seriously though, do you think Flanagan deserves the vitriol and name calling he's been subjected to here, just because of his actions today? With all the crap that goes on in the Dail, and the country, do you think it's logical for the CC to single out what he did and call it 'vandalism', and call for enquiry over it? It's fcuking absurd beyond belief.

They're all a bunch of clowns regardless of their dress sense and ideologies.

How is a citizenry expected to respect the rule of law when you consider the level of the rot that coughs the laws up?

By God, almost an anniversary, how do the representatives today compare. Many are good public servants, but some, are despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭lightspeed

When I first saw him and Wallace in the Dail wearing their casual clothes (pink polo shirt, wolly jumpers, etc.) I thought ah cool...sticking it to those up tight politicians but the more i think about it, i think there should be professional approach to how you dress coming to the government offices. I know what they wear doesn't have any effect on how they can do their job but it is the perception he gives across when he dresses like this. Is it that he can't be arsed putting some effort into looking slight professional seeing as he has so passion about a lot of things?

If you ever heard the saying "don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want"....well those two boyos dress for neither imo

Id be inclined to agree that politicians should dress have decent when on show to the country and the rest of the world on televised debates. I didnt think Ming was that badly dressed, so what if he was just wearing a jumper. I wear a jumper to work everyday. I dont turn up to the office in a pink polo t shirt each day though. Freezing cold winter weather. I heard it was even snowing in some parts of the country this morning and yet, there is that curly haired clown in f**king pink polo

My point was that the Dail is literally full of hypocritical, corruptible and self-serving gombeens.

I think those on the 'left' get a disproportionate amount of abuse for it though. Maybe that's because such traits are to be expected in those of a more conservative nature!

Seriously though, do you think Flanagan deserves the vitriol and name calling he's been subjected to here, just because of his actions today? With all the crap that goes on in the Dail, and the country, do you think it's logical for the CC to single out what he did and call it 'vandalism', and call for enquiry over it? It's fcuking absurd beyond belief.

They're all a bunch of clowns regardless of their dress sense and ideologies.

correct they are all bar maybe one or two tainted with the same sickness of greed arrogance and self important ambition

so why raise one above the other ? especially one who was so obviously caught red handed just because he doesn't wear a suit like the rest of them? I wonder does he spend the 3500 a year laundry allowance on the jumpers ?

It has nothing to do with dress sense but respect for the office they hold.

That office they hold, without getting all bleary eyed and overly patriotic, is also not without its pitfalls, but still it is an office that has been paid for with bloodshed. With sacrifice. With destruction of the city and the deaths of many innocent civilians.

You are a representative of the people, and of the people that died to allow you to be representative, whether combatant or not.

The least you can do, is respect the office. Wear your pink atrocities and pink pyjamas, and bear your dirty glasses of p1ss water in your own time. Not during the paid time of the public.

I long for a politician that can make their point with dignity. Is that too much to wish for at this reflective time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cannot stand Ming, detestable person.

God help us all if people like him ever get any real power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It has nothing to do with dress sense but respect for the office they hold.

That office they hold, without getting all bleary eyed and overly patriotic, is also not without its pitfalls, but still it is an office that has been paid for with bloodshed. With sacrifice. With destruction of the city and the deaths of many innocent civilians.

You are a representative of the people, and of the people that died to allow you to be representative, whether combatant or not.

The least you can do, is respect the office. Wear your pink atrocities and pink pyjamas, and bear your dirty glasses of p1ss water in your own time. Not during the paid time of the public.

I long for a politician that can make their point with dignity. Is that too much to wish for at this reflective time of year?

How is wearing a suit respecting the office they hold? I think doing a good job and genuinely having the publics interest at heart is respecting the office, not wearing a piece of cloth tied around their neck and wearing matching trousers/jacket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement