Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming Flanagan this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I don't care about his political views or how he dresses but I have no respect for him. He is an attention seeker, he just wants news stories about himself, he is as corrupted as other TDs yet he tries to hide it. One of the my major reasons for have no respect for him is his lack of debating skill. Words like piss have no place in a debate and walking out will not help either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

First I heard of this was when my FB newsfeed lit up with friends from Roscommon cheering Ming on for his actions.

Seems they don't give a flying what he wears but are quite concerned about the lack of safe water and the fact that they are about to be charged for unsafe water - while continuing to buy bottled water so they can do extravagant things like brush their teeth..or drink water...

Seems they have their priorities all wrong up there - forget about the water people of Roscommon and Leitrim - focus your wrath on Ming for not wearing a suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Trevor Cortez Zambrano

I think the jumper happens to be quite respectful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Now theres a man in a suit. Hes much better than Ming Look at his suit perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Suit.

NDEPENDENT TD Michael Lowry has been charged with filing a false income tax return and could face up to five years in prison if convicted by a jury.

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+lowry&hl=en&rlz=1D3DLUK_en-GBIE357IE357&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=AAOzUq_7J8iN7QbC94CIBA&ved=0CDsQqAI

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 263 ✭✭Rabelais

The slack-jawed goon is some chancer. Can you imagine if crusties like himself and Wallace actually ran the country.

I'm all for legitimate protest, but this whacko only appeals to the usual malcontents who spend their days jawing on the Internet. He can take his bong and head back to the bog.

Rabelais wrote: »
    the usual malcontents who spend their days jawing on the Internet.

Says the boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The slack-jawed goon is some chancer. Can you imagine if crusties like himself and Wallace actually ran the country.

I'm all for legitimate protest, but this whacko only appeals to the usual malcontents who spend their days jawing on the Internet. He can take his bong and head back to the bog.

Sticks and stones may break his bones, but names will never break him.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hey! I'm supposed to be the foaming-at-the mouth, right-wing head-case around these hee-yar parts, boy!! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 263 ✭✭Rabelais

Sticks and stones may break his bones, but names will never break him.

:D:D:D:D:D

Failure to make the quota might though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

methinks the OP was at a loose end after the opposition walked out of the Dail earlier today and decided that creating an account on boards to vent was a good idea ;)

me? cynical??

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

techdiver wrote: »
    But did the people whio wrecked the country with corruption and gombeenism wear suits? Were they showing respect for the institutions they were elected to?

Your priorities are all wrong my friend. It doesn't matter what someone wears as long as they do their job.

Michael O'Leary doesn't wear Italian suits all day and he's the most successful CEO this country has produced. The leaders in the IT world, Zuckerberg, Gates, Jobs weren't suit wearers, but they did a fine job. I'm sure well suited bluffers would be better in those roles though??

My priorities are perfect for me, my friend - the joys of living in a democracy.

I do have a very optimistic streak in me though - I like to think that one day I can live in a world where the politicians in my parliament show respect for me and my country - in both their actions and appearance.

I know, I'm a dreamer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Am I missing the disgraceful 'stunt'. All I see is a man putting a jar of water on a desk? Does he turn around and piss all over the Minister after the video cuts out or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Tom wrote: »
    My priorities are perfect for me, my friend - the joys of living in a democracy.

I do have a very optimistic streak in me though - I like to think that one day I can live in a world where the politicians in my parliament show respect for me and my country - in both their actions and appearance.

I know, I'm a dreamer.....

I suppose respect must be subjective to the individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

So he can curse and swear? Then he gave a minister a glass of water and walked out.

Can you imagine if crusties like himself and Wallace actually ran the country.

What's the worst that could happen?

Mass unemployment, State on the verge of bankruptcy and forced to call in the Troika to loan us the funds to keep going which our grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be paying, Bankers making figures up and a crusty government just handing over the dosh, medical cards being taken from seriously ill people so all under fives regardless of family income can have one, a property tax that was stated is for Local Authorities but isn't really, water charges, tolls on the tolls on the toll boreens roads...???

Oh...wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Jester252 wrote: »
    I don't care about his political views or how he dresses but I have no respect for him. He is an attention seeker, he just wants news stories about himself, he is as corrupted as other TDs yet he tries to hide it. One of the my major reasons for have no respect for him is his lack of debating skill. Words like piss have no place in a debate and walking out will not help either.

Have you drank the water down there? Piss is putting it lightly.

Also do you any evidence Ming is corrupt or you going to spout the usual -"dope smoking crusty"

Also do you any evidence Ming is corrupt or you going to spout the usual -"dope smoking crusty"

yes I have, have you even done a professional debate?
    Does penalty points ring a bell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Jester252 wrote: »
    Words like piss have no place in a debate and walking out will not help either.

Most would probably agree with you, but it's a good old Anglo-Saxon biblical word. The King James Version, 2 Kings 18:27 says this:
    But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? Hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

Given the level of debate in the Dáil these days, maybe wee-wee, pee-pee or piddle would have been more parliamentary.

• Advertisement

Given the level of debate in the Dáil these days, maybe wee-wee, pee-pee or piddle would have been more parliamentary.

That would be amazey balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Eh... Didnt he try and weasel his way out of his penalty points shenanigans there a while ago? Tried to shaft the county manager in the process.

No respect for him. Absolute hypocrite, along with the rest of them, might i add.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

T41My.jpg

''This guy is an Austrian politician, and this is what he is wearing in the parliament.''

http://imgur.com/T41My

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mostly I think Ming is a gobsh1te but I respect what he did on twitter today admitting his mistake in supporting The Girl Against Flouride.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Most would probably agree with you, but it's a good old Anglo-Saxon biblical word. The King James Version, 2 Kings 18:27 says this:

Have you ever been involved in a professional debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

If it was barmaids piss I'd drink it!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ming is not on the left.

Agreed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    That would be amazey balls.

/Laughs out loud to the point of incontinence, as the interweb people say...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Well he has certainly achieved his objective here - he has gotten people talking.

People in parts of Co Roscommon have been without a clean water supply for up to 7 months at this stage due to contamination of cryptosporidium in local water supplies. Its a scandal to even suggest to these people that they will have to pay for this service while this goes on. If this was going on in one of the cities it'd be all over the news, but obviously it gets little or no national coverage because its happening where it is. If doing what he's done draws attention to the problem, then fair play to him.

• Advertisement

TrueIt wrote: »
    T41My.jpg

''This guy is an Austrian politician, and this is what he is wearing in the parliament.''

http://imgur.com/T41My

But..but...he is wearing a suit and that is all that matters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement