Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Most servers restart after 2 hours, a full batch of new loot, so there's that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

2nd Encounters video. Enjoy!

Reddit link if ya fancy giving me a hand! Cheers & Happy Christmas!

http://redd.it/1tomu2

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

TheFairy wrote: »
    No its not, just go north. Once you have a weapon and some ammo why would you keep respawning from server to server, there are only 2 main weapons in the game at the moment sure!

See, getting a gun and ammo is the problem there. I suspect it would take a few hops to get geared. If you go north for gear without a weapon then it's a long trip to just get shot in the back. I don't actually server hop, I'm too lazy to bother with it tbh, but I understand why people do it. I haven't played in a few days, kinda waiting on loot respawns, no server hopping and stopping combat loggers and then I'll get stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just after giving in and buying it. Was going to wait for a month or two until it went on Sale or something. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mister Man wrote: »
    Just after giving in and buying it. Was going to wait for a month or two until it went on Sale or something. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed

Same here :pac:
    Personal Xmas present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had some character..spawned in the middle of nowhere...ran for miles...nothing to be found...no houses etc
    No way to kill myself. Ran into the sea...lay down in the sea, he doesn't die. Swam for miles out...he doesn't die
    No buildings to jump off. No zombies to kill me. The 'Respawn' button doesn't work.
    Deleted profiles in MyDocuments....still have the same character.
    Switched server...still in the same spot.

It's annoying as hell, so stupid. Also....what are the point of doors, gates...if zombies can just pass through them as if they're not there ?
    How hard a fix is that to implement , considering the time they've spent on the game, and the money they are making off it .. ?
    I know it's 'Alpha'...but haven't they been at the game for well over a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I had some character..spawned in the middle of nowhere...ran for miles...nothing to be found...no houses etc
    No way to kill myself. Ran into the sea...lay down in the sea, he doesn't die. Swam for miles out...he doesn't die
    No buildings to jump off. No zombies to kill me. The 'Respawn' button doesn't work.

It's annoying as hell, so stupid. Also....what are the point of doors, gates...if zombies can just pass through them as if they're not there ?
    How hard a fix is that to implement , considering the time they've spent on the game, and the money they are making off it .. ?
    I know it's 'Alpha'...but haven't they been at the game for well over a year now

Alpha.

Now sure how you haven't found a zombie at least to kill you, or a building to jump off... You must have went arse ways somewhere!
    The game is extremely early Alpha. You can't really complain about things like that, in such an early stage of a game! Pretty sure they where worried about getting the basic parts running before looking at something minor like that. I'd imagine it'll be something that's looked at later in the games development. I don't think it's fair to complain about smaller things like that until it hits Beta...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The steam page literally tries to sway you away from purchasing because bugs such as these will occur.

Limericks wrote: »
    The steam page literally tries to sway you away from purchasing because bugs such as these will occur.

But I don't base my buying on Steam Pages, or critical reviews from the likes of EuroGamer or IGN etc....because I don't trust their opinions and won't take the opinion of 1 person.

I usually buy games because of Boards.ie , and you lot....all loving this game made me buy it ! :P...so you're all to blame obviously ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

But I don't base my buying on Steam Pages, or critical reviews from the likes of EuroGamer or IGN etc....because I don't trust their opinions and won't take the opinion of 1 person.

I usually buy games because of Boards.ie , and you lot....all loving this game made me buy it ! :P...so you're all to blame obviously ! :D

That's fair enough but when its the game dev himself telling you not to give him money, because its a bud riddled alpha, I'd be inclined to listen to what he has to say more so than IGN or EuroGamer.

I thought it was reverse psychology...or a clever marketing ploy :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Strange lack of zombies in all the video's i've seen so far. Is zombie spawning broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

If the place has been looted before, zombies be dead or stuck in a magical basement somewhere.

They're only in the towns and cities really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The game is quite playable despite the bugs

It's also brutal and unfair, even if you do make it to a town, it's probably been stripped of food and gear. If, by some miracle, you manage to find some tuna and a backpack - it's still all uphill from there. I had enough gear and ammo to last out a week easy - bang, shot dead, spawn on some beach with nothing again.

Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kiith wrote: »
    Strange lack of zombies in all the video's i've seen so far. Is zombie spawning broken?

Zombies don't respawn at the moment, and he has the zombie numbers set low until they optimize it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Played 3 hours so far and loving it!
    Had a decent character until I randomly died alone in a building :confused:

Is there any Server for Boards players?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

New player here, is there a boards group/clan?

Seems so much safer going around in numbers. I got chased and killed by two dudes earlier :-(

Lots of us are on the Gaellords.ie Team Speak. You'll normally find a good crowd of people playing at any given time. Good verity of games being played too + Everyone is really easy to get along with.
    No server as of yet as far as I know. Not sure if it's in the pipe-line, but Lav has setup several servers back on DayZ Mod & Also for BF4/Garrys Mod/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Myself and a mate of mine are on the Multiplay recruit servers. And they are still brutal. Getting ganked repeatedly.

Still love it tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Played 3 hours so far and loving it!
    Had a decent character until I randomly died alone in a building :confused:

Is there any Server for Boards players?

as being said by mister man a bunch play on the gaellords t3 server (gaellords.com:9987) its a being quite at the moment due to xmas. but normally about 20-30 ppl on the teamspeak in the evening play dayz bf4 starbound arma etc.

we will host a server but as of yet dayz SA has not released the server files needed to host so we have to wait until that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Playing a bit of this an I really like the low zombie numbers, it makes it far more enjoyable and means you don't just spawn and have to belly crawl for 40mins to not get spotted.

Most games I will get around and hour or so of exploring and collecting bits and bobs. The items are a bit sporadic one game I cam across 3 helmets, full set of clothes, 2 cans of soda and some beans in the one house. Other games I will search for an hour and only find a pair of trendy sunglasses. Which are great for looking good but not much use against Zombies, they don't care for fashion.

The worst part is still people and communicating with them I like the wave feature so you know they are friendly or at least willing to pretend for a bit.

I would be interested in playing on a survivors server where people group up and help each other rather than running around on my own for an hour waiting to get shot by a bandit so he can steal the one rotten orange I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Well if I see someone with an axe or just fists I won't really waste my precious ammo killing them unless I am desperate for food or something... i'd say good advice, if faced by someone with a gun, is not to stand still, just keep moving otherwise they can clip you in one shot.. if I see someone with a loaded weapon that i get the jump on, it's kill on sight, just one guy had more ammunition than I could gather in days, not to mention masses of food (rare, because most combat log to avoid being looted, will be fixed in future of course)

If someone gets the jump on me then i'll try and talk my way out of it

become friends with him, buddy up, bide my time, then , much later, when we've formed a close enough bond.. when his back is turned.. bludgeon him to death with my axe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lots of Irish and boards players on CeltS standalone server.
    Public Teamspeak server also.

b_560_95_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Playing a bit of this an I really like the low zombie numbers, it makes it far more enjoyable and means you don't just spawn and have to belly crawl for 40mins to not get spotted.

After they added the ability to lose the infected in the mod, they became incredibly easy to deal with and you never needed to kill any unless they corned you.

In the SA the infected are a joke not only are their numbers very low but once they are killed no more will spawn in that area till a server restart. They also can not track sound only vision which is narrow but has long range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Can anyone get blood to regenerate?

I filled up on food/water and nothing? I just eventually got 'sick' and now that status is stuck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Holsten wrote: »
    Can anyone get blood to regenerate?
    I filled up on food/water and nothing? I just eventually got 'sick' and now that status is stuck there.

I think you have to sit(F3) and wait for a while after eating and drinking till it says you are full.

I seen this comment on the main forums
    Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:02 AM
    Made it to balotto airfield finally all kitted up see a guy running at me with no kit at all I don't have a mic so I type freeze or I shoot,he says over mic ( in Irish accent ) I'm friendly I've just spawned it would be harsh to kill me.... Can I have a screenshot of you? I say ok,boom sniper shot I'm dead he was the bait! Beware of an Irishman asking you to pose! Good trick but it will make me shoot on sight.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Nothing works at all for me with regenerating blood, I think it's bugged.

KOS three times in a row now with no guns... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Hey guys so my question here is boards doing the same again and renting some servers or is it that one that I see posted up a few posts back? Also what's up makadon veli remember me :)

Advertisement