Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

They need to sort out them loot spawns. Cant find anything but tins of spaghetti and hats, every house picked clean. No guns to defend yourself against guys kitted out with all military gear and assault rifles. Try and go to an army base to get some decent stuff and you get KOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

ElChe32 wrote: »
    As numerous people have said, you need to team up..my advice..join the gaellords ts server. Hop into a channel and introduce yourself and see where the lads are playing. As ultra retarded as Ktulu is, he's pretty sound and so are the rest of the lads. Better survival in a pack!

I agree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

hahahaha You bunch of dick heads!!! I am class!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Your a nobhead Ktulu

Thought I'd share a funny moment I experienced a few days back. Was a good laugh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Really enjoying this now and how better is it going to get??
    If anyone is playing Southern hemisphere side and wants to team up on the servers there sometime. I play on the Australia and Singapore servers . give me a shout on Steam . Its Mylo mindbender.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think the game will be fantastic once finished,i have faith in rocket and his crew to deliver.
    In its current state it lacks features even compared to the mod [thats still packing people onto servers it has to be said] but what it does have working right now is a lot more polished than the mod.
    They are certainly going in the right direction,yes the pace is slow but once its done right i think it will end up as really top class experience.

Personally id love someone to take on Wasteland and develop it into a standalone.
    As much as i enjoy dayz wasteland to me offers the better experience, different game ofcourse but some similarities.

Yes Dayz standalone is worth buying right now,if even just for buying into its future and getting it at a reduced price now.

Our server has been busy since release.

b_560_95_1.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The guys that are not impressed with the game. I urge you to join up with a few others. Join our team speak sure & play with us. Watch the last two videos I released, the game is not just about killing & death matching each other. I love robbing ****e from guys & talking to random lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You guys reckon this game will get any money off in the Steam sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I really doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

No chance at all. It'll stay this price until Beta which will be at least 6 months away, and then it'll probably go up to about 35euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Grimebox wrote: »
    I really doubt it

Figured as much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Good headphones and mic pretty much essential for this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Citrusbomb

I just signed up and had to log in just to say thanks for the great laughs! And thank you for going maybe not the whole way but a good bit to restoring faith in players in DayZ!

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Running north of green mountain tonight I came across a fully kitted out guy running the complete opposite way to me, a couple of hundred meters to the right of me. In the past, I would have chanced talking but no. Hit the deck, hidden by a gully and he ran on.

Just as well, I had no ammo in my m4.

Haha, sounds like it could have been me there, running away from Green Mountain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Citrusbomb wrote: »
    Haha, sounds like it could have been me there, running away from Green Mountain?

Hahah. Could well have been you then. Surprised you didn't see me. And to be fair it was the last minute that I saw you too :D

They need to sort out them loot spawns. Cant find anything but tins of spaghetti and hats, every house picked clean. No guns to defend yourself against guys kitted out with all military gear and assault rifles. Try and go to an army base to get some decent stuff and you get KOS.

*House 1*

Beanie hat and Aviator Sunglasses.

*House 2*

2 beanies and a hat that looks like a tea cosy on my head

*Barn out the back*

3 motorcycle helmets on the ground.

Would it be that hard to spawn a Mosin every now and then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,283 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Spawned. Found a basebal bat

Shot in the back. This game man. This game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bad sport #3 later tonight maybe :p

can't wait til proper combat logging measures are in the game.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

dazftw wrote: »
    bad sport #3 later tonight maybe :p

can't wait til proper combat logging measures are in the game.

ya so noobs like you stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Not so much a combat logger but a bad sport all the same :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

dazftw wrote: »
    Not so much a combat logger but a bad sport all the same

At least you got to kill him

I just hope that the solution they implement to stop combat logging & ghosting dosen't screw us all over.

The solution used in the mod was ok although it was annoying if you wanted to disconnect quickly outside of combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Where are good spots to find ammo and mags, that what I seem to be lacking most. Weapon attachments would be nice too

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Hahah. Could well have been you then. Surprised you didn't see me. And to be fair it was the last minute that I saw you too :D

Was probably staring at the map on my other screen :D Was going to meet up with a friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Where are good spots to find ammo and mags, that what I seem to be lacking most. Weapon attachments would be nice too
    I find the hangers at the airfields to be fairly good for ammo and attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Tents in Balota, and the North West end of the run way. The ones with two doors, and no flooring are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Server hoppers are a serious pain at the moment. Few of us played on a night server last night, late on we where the only ones on the server. The number of single players joining and leaving after a few mins was serious, clearly farming loot by server hopping. We were at NW airfield and a guy spawned in and killed one of us. I hope this is the first issue Rocket addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

TheFairy wrote: »
    Server hoppers are a serious pain at the moment. Few of us played on a night server last night, late on we where the only ones on the server. The number of single players joining and leaving after a few mins was serious, clearly farming loot by server hopping. We were at NW airfield and a guy spawned in and killed one of us. I hope this is the first issue Rocket addresses.

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm. If you're on a busy server you have no chance of getting decent gear otherwise and won't live very long. Rocket has plans to stop it by putting a delay on joining servers one after another. The more servers you join the longer you have to wait to join another one.

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm. If you're on a busy server you have no chance of getting decent gear otherwise and won't live very long. Rocket has plans to stop it by putting a delay on joining servers one after another. The more servers you join the longer you have to wait to join another one.

I hope either one of those is solved, you can't have one fixed without the other I think

Aye recognise that. Once loot is added to deer stands for example that will take the pressure off the mil loot locations.

• Advertisement

With loot not respawning, server hopping is the only way to get gear atm.....

No its not, just go north. Once you have a weapon and some ammo why would you keep respawning from server to server, there are only 2 main weapons in the game at the moment sure!

Advertisement