Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I held someone up today :D

actually I tried to kill him but I missed him and he begged me not to kill him. So I handcuffed him and searched him then released him and let him run away.

It felt great.

Really brings out the best in all of us this game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I like the new premise of the game so far and I understand that there is bugs it being alpha etc, but in the past 90 minutes I have:
    - Died suddenly, twice, for no reason. (Wasn't thirsty, hungry or bleeding).
    - Lost all my gear and started on the coast when changed server, twice.

:(

When changing server perhaps try to stick to country code, if you're tooled up on NL servers, stick to NL server when you change

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Vicxas wrote: »
    Really brings out the best in all of us this game :P

And the worst as well, I came across a guy last night and I had the drop on him he was in a room and I came to the door pointing my gun at him and told him to get on the ground (me and my friend where going to rob him) and he wouldn't so I killed him and still got the gear.

And about two min latter another came rocking up and told him to get on the ground and raised his hands so I said again get on the ground and relayed "why?" Aaaaa because I have the gun that's why. He didn't so I killed him to. And 30seconds later a third dude came rocking up again I said get on the ground and he do nothing so I said **** it I am already on a killing spree now I might as well just keep going so I killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Trying to get used to these zombles they are different in their ways!

All I have in my head is some ones gonna make a mod that makes all arma 3 vehicles can be used in standalone the sooner the better really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

On my 4th character and I'm finally all geared up.
    Plenty of food,water and a M4 with a 30 mag :cool:

Time to go North..

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    On my 4th character and I'm finally all geared up.
    Plenty of food,water and a M4 with a 30 mag :cool:

Time to go North..

When you get there tell if there is anything worth my time heading up there, I have a fully gear guy as well but I don't want to run all the way up there for nothing.

NEW UPDATE!

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
    Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options
    Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn
    Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed:

Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect
    Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times)
    Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160544-rolling-update-rev-030113925/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was only 8+Mbfor me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

5GB? shít, was gonna tuck into this tonight but can't now... arggrgrgg

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Was only 8+Mbfor me

Yeah..my bad its only 8mb :o

• Advertisement

it is only 5gb!!!!! what are still on dial up :)

UPC FTW!!!!

it is only 5gb!!!!! what are still on dial up :)

UPC FTW!!!!

Eircom three meg bro, would love UPC.

Have had it before and used to work for them, amount of plebs complaining they were only getting 80 and 90mb was a joke, I hate eircom :(

Eircom three meg bro, would love UPC.

Have had it before and used to work for them, amount of plebs complaining they were only getting 80 and 90mb was a joke, I hate eircom :(

UPC is a must man

Capture_zps23810b00.png

UPC is a must man

Capture_zps23810b00.png

Feck you! :pac:

Out in the sticks but when I move back into the city it'll be the first thing on the agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Eircom, not even once.

Can someone explain to me how to get away from zombies now ? LOS breaks dont seem to work for me anymore... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Just found a revolver! Didn't know they were in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Holsten wrote: »
    Just found a revolver! Didn't know they were in game.

latest patch fixed em

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Korvanica wrote: »
    Eircom, not even once.

Can someone explain to me how to get away from zombies now ? LOS breaks dont seem to work for me anymore... :/

Run!

They stop chasing when you put about 200m between yourself and them. Only way as they don't see any of the buildings so you can't break los

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Run!

They stop chasing when you put about 200m between yourself and them. Only way as they don't see any of the buildings so you can't break los

nice one, cheers !

• Advertisement

Run!

they work on line of sight, same as in the mod so if you run up a road and put a bush inbetween you and it they will run to the bush and a s long as you are behind something when they come out the other side they will stop. it works with houses as well run through a house and by the time they come out the other side if you arent in sight they will stop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

they work on line of sight, same as in the mod so if you run up a road and put a bush inbetween you and it they will run to the bush and a s long as you are behind something when they come out the other side they will stop. it works with houses as well run through a house and by the time they come out the other side if you arent in sight they will stop as well.

really?

none of that has worked for me and I was told that los has not been put into the game yet. ducking through houses or forests doesn't work because A) they tend to clip straight through them and B) they still go straight for me after I have jumped through a building, gone around a corner and hid between dumpsters.

Only things that work for me is either putting my weapon away and sprinting which when you get about 200m away even if they have clear los they stop chasing.

Or running up and down a lot of stairs as they tend to bug out on stairs and get stuck (though not as sure fire as the just run away tactic it is more useful when in cities or towns you need to loot.)

really?

none of that has worked for me and I was told that los has not been put into the game yet. ducking through houses or forests doesn't work because A) they tend to clip straight through them and B) they still go straight for me after I have jumped through a building, gone around a corner and hid between dumpsters.

Only things that work for me is either putting my weapon away and sprinting which when you get about 200m away even if they have clear los they stop chasing.

Or running up and down a lot of stairs as they tend to bug out on stairs and get stuck (though not as sure fire as the just run away tactic it is more useful when in cities or towns you need to loot.)

I haven't had a problem doing what I have always done in the mod. I did see one run straight through a wall after a guy in town but it hasn't happened to yet, knowing my luck it will happen the next Time I am being chased now :)

I haven't had a problem doing what I have always done in the mod. I did see one run straight through a wall after a guy in town but it hasn't happened to yet, knowing my luck it will happen the next Time I am being chased now :)

I wouldn't recommend going into a building with a zombie following you unless you're going straight out the other side, I've seen them do some crazy shít on this so far.

Jumped on there for a while, and found a mosin :) and handcuffs.

Have people tried to rob people using a gun with no bullets? Has it worked out?

Run!

I wouldn't recommend going into a building with a zombie following you unless you're going straight out the other side, I've seen them do some crazy shít on this so far.

Jumped on there for a while, and found a mosin :) and handcuffs.

Have people tried to rob people using a gun with no bullets? Has it worked out?

if you read my origanal post i say the way i get away from z'ds in straight through a house, also yea i saw a video a guy rob another guy with no bullets and he got a clip off the guy he robbed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Since the update, the server list is always empty. Anyone else having problems?
    It was working perfectly fine before I updated the game.

[Rasta] wrote: »
    Since the update, the server list is always empty. Anyone else having problems?
    It was working perfectly fine before I updated the game.

I've been on since the update and haven't had any issues with it?

Maybe try restart Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Seems to have been something with nod32.
    Had to completely disable the firewall even though dayz and steam are both in the allowed rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Is anyone else having horrible fps drops in cities it's fine every where until I look t a certain part of cherno or the tall residential buildings just outside of cherno

• Advertisement

Is anyone else having horrible fps drops in cities it's fine every where until I look t a certain part of cherno or the tall residential buildings just outside of cherno

yea i am getting that as well, there are threads started o the dayz forums about it and possabul fixes for it but they didnt seem to work for me much. i found a video on youtube that increased my fps by bout 7fps in most areas and 3-4fps in citys but that still only really gave me 20fps in side citys :(

Advertisement