Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

As soon as the server files are released Gaellords will have a server up. Until then I think the [Celts] dudes are the only Irish based server

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

With the expanded railway I hope we are getting one of these

250px-Velocipede_on_Railroad_Track.jpg

Maybe with some armour

I wouldn't bother with a server until they give admins some control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Took the plunge and bought this anyways guys. Will be seeing me lagging around this sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Found out the other day that the saline bag completely refills your blood, where as if you take a chance with a blood bag and it work you only get 1000 blood. You're all welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Found out the other day that the saline bag completely refills your blood, where as if you take a chance with a blood bag and it work you only get 1000 blood. You're all welcome ;)

That is good to know, thanks buddy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Video of funny clips & outtakes from the "Encounters" & "Christmas Songs" videos. Hope you enjoy them!

Reddit link for the fine people that want to give me a hand on there:
    http://redd.it/1tvgsx

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Did that BUT your blood deteriorates over time and you end up loosing the new blood you gained from the saline bag again. Took about 2 hours to only go down a bit though so it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

simon360 wrote: »
    Did that BUT your blood deteriorates over time and you end up loosing the new blood you gained from the saline bag again. Took about 2 hours to only go down a bit though so it's worth it.

Well then there must be something else wrong, sick, hungry, thirsty because you don't just hemorrhage blood.

This is where I got my info from and it explains it better
    http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects

Then again it could just be a bug that doesn't effect everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Plus you can't give yourself a saline bag which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This is brilliant :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh*

free tip

dont log off or get caught on the ship during a server restart :(

I had to change server after the one I was on went to restart just as I was making my way off the ship

when I loaded new server I had spawned in a room with a non operable door and no other exit on the upper floor of the ship

:(

trapped

for all eternity in a small room with no way out no matter how many times I change server :(

I am doomed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    *sigh*

free tip

dont log off or get caught on the ship during a server restart :(

I had to change server after the one I was on went to restart just as I was making my way off the ship

when I loaded new server I had spawned in a room with a non operable door and no other exit on the upper floor of the ship

trapped

for all eternity in a small room with no way out no matter how many times I change server :(

I am doomed :(

Literally just happened to me after reading your post... It won't even let me make a new character! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

What kind of FPS are you guys getting?

My rig just barely runs ARMA2 on medium-low.
    How would it fare on the standalone d'ye think?

Q6600 @ 2.9ghz.

8 gigs of ddr3 (no problem there)

8800GTS (yep, you read that right. It's ancient!)

CrinkElite wrote: »
    What kind of FPS are you guys getting?

My rig just barely runs ARMA2 on medium-low.
    How would it fare on the standalone d'ye think?

Q6600 @ 2.9ghz.

8 gigs of ddr3 (no problem there)

8800GTS (yep, you read that right. It's ancient!)

Don't think that will play on your setup man, I have a 6 core and and 8gb ddr3 ram as well and a 6850 and I get 30fps in the forest area and it drops to 10fps in the larger city's at best and I am playing on normal with all the extras and textures disabled.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Don't think that will play on your setup man, I have a 6 core and and 8gb ddr3 ram as well and a 6850 and I get 30fps in the forest area and it drops to 10fps in the larger city's at best and I am playing on normal with all the extras and textures disabled.

Almost the same setup here.8gb ram,6 core and a 6870.
    FPS is crap most of the time.
    Think it just needs optimisation for different set ups.

Game is frustrating as anything.Ive starved to death twice.Died from thirst.Bled to death because I cant figure out how to make a bandage from my tshirt.

But Christ Ive still managed to get 4 hours in yesterday.Its mad addictive.

Ive no headset at the minute-sitting here scouring adverts for one so I can join up with the Tig lads on TS.

Can see me putting a lot of time into this even in its alpha state.Imagine what it will be like in beta or even in full release.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Almost the same setup here.8gb ram,6 core and a 6870.
    FPS is crap most of the time.
    Think it just needs optimisation for different set ups.

Game is frustrating as anything.Ive starved to death twice.Died from thirst.Bled to death because I cant figure out how to make a bandage from my tshirt.

But Christ Ive still managed to get 4 hours in yesterday.Its mad addictive.

Ive no headset at the minute-sitting here scouring adverts for one so I can join up with the Tig lads on TS.

Can see me putting a lot of time into this even in its alpha state.Imagine what it will be like in beta or even in full release.

Yea it will be great once it is in full release, I clocked 30+ days on the mod till Warz came out and hadn't gone back to it till this came out and now it have clocked almost a day on the early realese and wonder why did I ever stop playing the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I cant figure out how to make a bandage from my tshirt.
    right click, Tear into Rags. Rags = Bandages.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    trapped

You will eventually die of starvation or thirst to speed it up use sprint with something holding down the key or a macro.

You could also try logging off and on, when logging in use "v" and "w" as you are insubstanial for a small time so you might be able to get through the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

whoever shot me in the back of the head in balota airfield, thanks bro.

Holsten wrote: »
    Nothing works at all for me with regenerating blood

My current character has gone from very low blood(groaning, black&white vision)
    to almost full blood and full colour.
    Basically from how I understand it is when you have full hydration and full energy level you regenerate 5 blood per second.
    I drank from a well till it said "my stomach is full"
    then ran for 5 minutes
    Stopped and had 1 drink and 5 portions of food till it said "I feel stuffed"
    Colour returned and I repeated it the above 2 steps for a while.

In the mod you had 12k blood so regenerating at 5 blood per second it does take some time to fully recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

d0gb0y wrote: »
    You will eventually die of starvation or thirst to speed it up use sprint with something holding down the key or a macro.

You could also try logging off and on, when logging in use "v" and "w" as you are insubstanial for a small time so you might be able to get through the walls.

I've been able to sprint through walls when trapped inside houses before.

I've been able to sprint through walls when trapped inside houses before.

A slow painful death for you then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Fully geared up, met a few people who couldn't KOS with no weapons, gave them some stuff.

Killed some bandits, and then accidentally drank some disinfectant. I got to give away all my stuff just as I fell unconscious.

This game... hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just jumped on for the first time there, bought this over the xmas period but have no internet at the home house. Managed to steal a neighbours broadband, downloaded the bad boy and fired it up.

Oh my but it just about runs on this bucket of a laptop but its fun. So far its just been like a virtual game of Extreme Hoarders with me taking all the pairs of jeans and rotten kiwis. but I found some nice stuff in the 20 mins I played. Tac vests and Large back pipes and all the wrenches a man can dream of.

Was casually tipping away when someone came up the stairs in a building behind me and I saw they were unarmed and I had two pipe wrenches but literally knew no controls. Just decided to Press F1 as I noticed it puts a hand up and he raised both his hands and we scavenged away. Relief.

Later my friend mishandled a ladder and jumped off and died so I stole all his loot. Sad times. Good times too though. I'm hoping the more stable the build my rustbucket might be able to handle it slightly better but so far great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

d0gb0y wrote: »

this worked!

tried it today and when I finally loaded in I was outside the ship stuck partly in the wall.

a bit of squirming and I was free to continue north and get lost in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I like the new premise of the game so far and I understand that there is bugs it being alpha etc, but in the past 90 minutes I have:
    - Died suddenly, twice, for no reason. (Wasn't thirsty, hungry or bleeding).
    - Lost all my gear and started on the coast when changed server, twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I like the new premise of the game so far and I understand that there is bugs it being alpha etc, but in the past 90 minutes I have:
    - Died suddenly, twice, for no reason. (Wasn't thirsty, hungry or bleeding).
    - Lost all my gear and started on the coast when changed server, twice.

2nd happened to me yesterday, highly annoying :-/ But yeah. Alpha.

I never played any Arma2:DayZ but did play some Arma3:Wasteland. Playing on the Celts server now but there's *zero* loot anywhere bar rotten fruit and I've yet to see one zombie. Does this happen when the server needs a restart?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just ordered a new mic. Can't wait to tell people I'm friendly and get KOS. :(

• Advertisement

I held someone up today :D

actually I tried to kill him but I missed him and he begged me not to kill him. So I handcuffed him and searched him then released him and let him run away.

It felt great.

Advertisement