Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ran across a few lads last night on my adventures up to the wrecked ship and "Gur" or whatever it's called. Traded a tin opener and made a guys day and ran away from a group of 3 that couldn't shoot straight, must have made them use about 2-3 clips between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tempted to pick it up. Overall is it worth getting. Only really dipped in and out of Dayz before. Always found it hard to get into a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Glebee wrote: »
    Tempted to pick it up. Overall is it worth getting. Only really dipped in and out of Dayz before. Always found it hard to get into a group.

I'd say only if you really wanna try it out. It is in the very very early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CeltS_MadDoG

I had a look and could not find a post for actual servers, if there is one, please delete this thread and point me in the right direction.

Hope some of the Irish Community Can join with us in some DayZ standalone

b_560_95_1.png

http://www.celtsclan.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/2097-new-dayz-standalone-server/

We also have an DayZ Mod Epoch server

b_560_95_1.png

Install instructions for the DayZ Epoch mod here

http://www.celtsclan.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/2031-new-celts-dayz-epoch-server/

Cheers,

MadDoG

http://wwwceltsclan.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CeltS_MadDoG

Added the instructions to for the DayZ mod install and Epoch update, just follow the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 CeltS_Kavo

thanks for the update man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Killing on sight is just a joke now. I've been done in about 10 times giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Spend two hours getting kitted up, meet someone, don't KOS and then boom "You are dead. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Holsten wrote: »
    Killing on sight is just a joke now.I've been done in about 10 times giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Spend two hours getting kitted up, meet someone, don't KOS and then boom "You are dead. Ugh!

Maybe everyone just hates you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So trying to give this whole not killing on sight thing a go. In this video I rob some people, chat with a dude & there's a bit of killing. Loving the whole mugging aspect of the game now :) Enjoy!

Also I would love a hand on the Reddits with this one lads.

http://redd.it/1tc5pb

Cheers!

All you were missing was the cup of tea with that english fella, so funny. Middle of the apocalypse, sure stop for a chat.

The mod looks great, did Bohemia just not give a ****e, if thats what could be done with the engine graphically.

Moar vids Ktullu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Had an Irish guy combat log on me today when I tried to hold him up.. :mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Holsten wrote: »
    Killing on sight is just a joke now. I've been done in about 10 times giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Running north of green mountain tonight I came across a fully kitted out guy running the complete opposite way to me, a couple of hundred meters to the right of me. In the past, I would have chanced talking but no. Hit the deck, hidden by a gully and he ran on.

Just as well, I had no ammo in my m4.

Started using Nvidia's shadowplay, first time I can actually record and play at the same time and enjoy it. Though I need to figure out some render settings to improve the quality.

This was the Irish guy I posted about, really bad sport. Though I should have said I was friendly but I was trying to make it more intense for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Shame! Has happened to us quite a few times now. Hopefully they implement a feature where you can't log if you are within a certain number of feet of another player

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Couldn't they just make it so your character stays ingame for 20 or so seconds after you log out? Works (for the most part) in Eve Online.

I think they have something like that planned

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

Dcully wrote: »
    ..... fists are uselss it seems.

THEY ARE NOT.... fists can be surprisingly effective. i was playing yesterday with two friends when we were ambushed at a barn by three guys, they killed 2 of us (INCLUDING ME) but one of my friends managed to go prone and kill two of them. he couldnt get a shot on the third guy who was prone as well. I respawned close by as did the other friend who died, we meet up close to where we died and while the remaining enemy was trying to get a shot on the third guy in our group, we beat the head off him using just our fists even though he had an m4a1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dazftw wrote: »

"Are ye friendly?"

"No."

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Logged into "You are dead"

Well **** that, ever happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Logged into "You are dead"

Well **** that, ever happen to anyone else?

Yeah, logged into another server and was fine.

Will hopefully have a funny Christmas themed DayZ video soon. Bit more footage to get :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lads someone give me and idea how the character works?

Is the loot and gear saved to a particular server? E.g. I got a m4a on server 1 but if I log into server 2 I don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Lads someone give me and idea how the character works?

Is the loot and gear saved to a particular server? E.g. I got a m4a on server 1 but if I log into server 2 I don't have it.

Should have your gear on all servers currently up as it is a public hive. For some servers I log in and I'm at the coast (usually non MPGS.com ones). I just stick to the MPGS ones usually, you can join all of them and go wild with your M4.

I think some groups have tried to set up private servers. But not sure if they work any more. Stick to public & you will be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Added one or two of ye there on Steam, hope to be on DayZ later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Cheapest place to get this now lads? (No Russian)

Edit: Nevermind, everywhere seems to be the same price. What are the servers like now? Many about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dazftw wrote: »
    Started using Nvidia's shadowplay, first time I can actually record and play at the same time and enjoy it. Though I need to figure out some render settings to improve the quality.

This was the Irish guy I posted about, really bad sport. Though I should have said I was friendly but I was trying to make it more intense for him.

Did you have any trouble getting Shadowplay working? Myself and Ktulu tried to use it but it wouldn't work and kept crashing our games when we tabbed out.

It didn't work on windows 7 for me but does on 8 so that could be the problem?

You can't tab out while recording or it turns itself off for me at least..

Had 2 more combat loggers today lol

As much as I hate the combat loggers, im enjoying making the videos :p

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Tell you what, those handcuffs don't half go on quick!

Met some lads who were apparently ill-equipped and professed to be friendly. As soon as I turned my back to go looking for gear, one of them had me cuffed. Then his mate came in with a fire axe and brained me. It was pretty funny, in fairness.

The message in the bottom-left that warns you is pretty easy to miss.

• Advertisement

Had great fun tonight making this Christmas video, but one of the best things was an encounter with a guy we had that didn't have a mic. So we decided to mess with him a bit. I started to force feed him some alcohol stuff (cause were mean arse holes :P) while doing it the guy started taking blood off me with a blood bag. Damn near killed me too as I had very little health anyway haha. He was killed in the process :P

Advertisement