Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I've only got 3mb and have had no issues on this or arma2, what's going on with yours?

It's not just me, it's everyone I play with. If you're desynced at all which happens a lot there is very little you can do. Can't eat, drink, change weapon, jump. Basically only run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I ran into a nice russian guy who game me some food and led me to a medkit and didn't axe me in the back of the head.

Then my legs randomly broke while I was looking in my inventory. lol. Gonna have to crawl around til I find a morphine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This game will get me fired, can't stop playing now haha!

I need to get a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

SgtBob wrote: »
    I ran into a nice russian guy who game me some food and led me to a medkit and didn't axe me in the back of the head.

Then my legs randomly broke while I was looking in my inventory. lol. Gonna have to crawl around til I find a morphine.

I know it's cheap but sometimes logging out and back in works, happened to me once when a gate flew me 50 metres.

simon360 wrote: »
    I know it's cheap but sometimes logging out and back in works, happened to me once when a gate flew me 50 metres.

I logged out right after as I had to anyway. I'll see what happens when I log back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

what kind of fps are ye getting with what gpu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Yes teaming up with people is much better than co-operating with them.

Any style of play except hacking is perfectly fine of course, but my most interesting games have been those ones where you team up with other newly spawned players, join forces and build yourselves up.

I've also been helped out by heavily armed strangers on many occasions, and done the same.

It's good that there are out-and-out bandits too, keeps things interesting, but if you're playing in the shoot-on-sight way, you can't possibly know how other people are playing.

I've had great games in the mod using teamspeak and coordinating with others, but I always get a kick out of starting from scratch on a strange server where I know nobody, and seeing how things play out. Taking risks makes it more fun for me.

ah no dont get me wrong i have teamed up with randomers aswell but only as a fresh spawn , that way you have little to lose .
    and i dont kill fresh spawns in dayz , thats a total dick move and i dont see the point .
    i have also helped out fresh spawns when im well eqipped .

BUT if i see a guy with a gun he has to die ( i have trust issues :P) in that respect im a bandit but only in that way .

on another note . anyone else constantly ALT+Tabbing out of the game ?

its a pain in the ass as im always looking around when im running (using the alt button ) and then if i want to check my inventory or hunger or what ever i hit tab and the game minimises . haha quite a few zombies have eaten well because of it

I just find it a pain that people geared with M4's and all that killing fresh spawns in Balota,Cherno and Elektro. Really annoys me that they've just got such an advantage against poor fist fighters. Came across a squad of 4 guys earlier just constantly killing fresh spawns at Balota, mind you if they were up against an equally or better geared squad up north they would have been obliterated. On a side note, does anyone feel the aiming is really jerky or something? Not as smooth as Arma 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I just remapped the key for looking around to one of the side buttons on my mouse.Performance wise I'm not seeing a massive difference in terms of fps between this and the mod. I'm getting a solid 60fps when in the middle of nowhere and getting between 30-40fps in cities. The game is definitely a lot smoother though and I've experienced little to no lag. I used to get horrible lag in the mod.

Squaredude wrote: »
    I just remapped the key for looking around to one of the side buttons on my mouse.Performance wise I'm not seeing a massive difference in terms of fps between this and the mod. I'm getting a solid 60fps when in the middle of nowhere and getting between 30-40fps in cities. The game is definitely a lot smoother though and I've experienced little to no lag. I used to get horrible lag in the mod.

Whats your set up?

I built a new pc between the mod and this so I don't know what I would've gotten in the mod with the new one.

I get about 60-70fps in most areas, with 20-40fps in cities, usually only dips that low in the new high rise areas.

I'm running:
    i5-4670k (not overclocked yet)
    GTX770
    Samsung SSD
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Having said that I need to play around with some of the graphics settings to see what I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So trying to give this whole not killing on sight thing a go. In this video I rob some people, chat with a dude & there's a bit of killing. Loving the whole mugging aspect of the game now :) Enjoy!

Also I would love a hand on the Reddits with this one lads.

http://redd.it/1tc5pb

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Wow great video. It made me realise that this game is really what you make of it. I hadn't been sold at all so far but that shows I have been thinking about it in the wrong way.

SgtBob wrote: »
    Whats your set up?

I built a new pc between the mod and this so I don't know what I would've gotten in the mod with the new one.

I get about 60-70fps in most areas, with 20-40fps in cities, usually only dips that low in the new high rise areas.

I'm running:
    i5-4670k (not overclocked yet)
    GTX770
    Samsung SSD
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Having said that I need to play around with some of the graphics settings to see what I can do.
    I'm running:
    i5-3570k @ 4.3Ghz
    Gtx780 @ 1190/7k
    Crucial M4 SSD
    8GB DDR3 1866Mhz
    Running it at 1440p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So trying to give this whole not killing on sight thing a go. In this video I rob some people, chat with a dude & there's a bit of killing. Loving the whole mugging aspect of the game now :) Enjoy!

Cheers!

That video is class, must get into a server with ye over the christmas period at some stage!

Cheers!

"Ah lad" - Priceless

Also, award for the most awkward friendly conversation ever. :D

I was visiting the little tent city in the NW earlier.

And as I was in one of the tents, I saw 4 dudes looting through the other tents.

Talk about heart in my mouth.

Sat there for a good 10 mins watching them run around in and out of tents, all except the one I was in. I was blessed, no way I was getting out of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is the map not enormous? How do 40 players manage to bump into each other so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Grimebox wrote: »
    Is the map not enormous? How do 40 players manage to bump into each other so much?

People flock to popular locations.

Haha! Yes guess what I found lads! A sniper scope for the Moisin, its like a DMR scope with the variable zooming. Can't wait to test it out at the north-west tomorrow! anyone used it yet? if so how many shots a kill on a person who would be presumed to have full blood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Quality video Ktulu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

simon360 wrote: »
    Haha! Yes guess what I found lads! A sniper scope for the Moisin, its like a DMR scope with the variable zooming. Can't wait to test it out at the north-west tomorrow! anyone used it yet? if so how many shots a kill on a person who would be presumed to have full blood?

1 should knock out, 2 to definitely kill.

It wouldn't be DayZ without one of my friends crying hacker and quitting the game "forever". It's beginning to feel a lot like the good ol' dayz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

So my flippity flaptop is a year old or so. Its pretty aigh. Would I be able to run it relatively smoothly with these specarooneys (I know very little of computing technology tbph lads)

INTEL i5 3210M 3.1GHz
    6GB DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD 4k 128mb Dedicated 1632mb Shared

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Cheers!

Bit of a slow reaction shooting that one guy...."I speak French" would have been enough for me to open fire straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Timmyctc wrote: »
    So my flippity flaptop is a year old or so. Its pretty aigh. Would I be able to run it relatively smoothly with these specarooneys (I know very little of computing technology tbph lads)

INTEL i5 3210M 3.1GHz
    6GB DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD 4k 128mb Dedicated 1632mb Shared

it'll run it. It just wont run it well. Your framerate is going to be very choppy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cheers for the feedback lads! Give it a shot yourselves. Rob some guys & let me know how ya get on

I have to say, player interactions, from the viewpoint of a lone player, have changed somewhat in SA.

In the mod anytime I came into view of players geared up, or even just with a gun, I was in a firefight or shot without warning. I'm not complaining, it was part of it.

Now, I find in SA that you never know what is gonna happen.

Like I said earlier, I've had a friendly Russian guy lead me to some loot then head our separate ways. Had the tense moment in the tent city wondering what would happen if the 4 fully armed guys outside would find me. Been surrounded and axed to death by two guys saying "we're friendly" and had a couple of totally geared up Swedish (I think) guys tell me where to find a bag and and some gear in the NE. It doesn't take any of the tension away, but man it is certainly different.

Just from the new update yesterday;

New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo

Less than a week out and they're adding (atleast) some new weapons! I'm up for being Rick Grimes with that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers!

haha i had a right chuckle watching that, great video.
    Yer man at the start arrogant twat , get away from the building lol.

I havent had a chance to play much but when i did i died of thirst or bleeding to death from a zombie attack, fists are uselss it seems.

Advertisement