Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

How's everyone getting on?

24+4 here and all going well, had my doctors appointment yesterday and got to hear baby's heartbeat which was great. Sent urine sample away as she said it was showing a slight infection so hoping thats nothing as Id prefer not to take anti biotics. Discussed get the whopping cough vacination when I see her next, have decided to get it as would hate for baby to get something I could have helped prevent.

We're away this weekend on our Babymoon:) Just booked a few spa treatements for myself to enjoy while my fiance is cycling around Sligo... pedicure, pregnancy back massage and mini facial, can't wait!! Anyone planning on a little trip/pampering before baba gets here? We're kinda early with ours but figured we'd enjoy it more before I get absolutely huge, bump isnt exactly small as it is:)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Hi Everyone!!
    Its been ages since i've been on here, I'm Doing good. 26+6 today I cant believe I only have 13 weeks left to go!!!!!.
    I was diagnosed with borderline Gestational Diabetes two weeks ago but I'm sticking to the diet and had my bloods done on Monday they were so good I don't need to have them done for four weeks rather than the usual two.

Shortstuff we are having a baby moon as well in June We have a really nice country hotel booked with treatments as well, and before that we are having one last weekend away with our son as a last threesome holiday.

Enjoy your break this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Sounds lovely shortstuff we're also off next weekend to a spa hotel in Ireland. I have a facial booked, looking forward to it. Wasn't sure about massage as a friend of mine had a pregnancy one done before, she had to lie on her side and said it was fairly disappointing. I'd say sitting upright and getting a good ol shoulder massage would be best. It's also our last chance to do something like this as a couple as this hotel doesn't allow kids! Ladypip good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the GD :-( Well done for sticking to the diet and getting your blood sugars down though!

3rd trimester already ladypip woohoo! Time is really flying now:) Sorry to hear you have GD but sounds like you have it under control so fair play to you!

Looking forward to a bit of pampering! Was thinking the same about the massage so just went for a 25min treatment, my feet need more work than my back!! Hope you both enjoy your breaks! Won't be much time for trips away come August:)

Off work today with a sore throat, hoping it's gone by Saturday...typical!!

Anyone else really starting to look and feel pregnant now?! I'm in week 23 and now officially look like there's a football stuck onto the front of me. And this seemed to only really balloon in the last week.....any other first timers fascinated by their bump?! I've been caught a few times by hubby now just oogling mine in the mirror, from all angles! I think coz of the trouble I had TTC I had kind of lost faith in my body and felt like I was clapped out....so I'm full of wonder now that my body just seems to know what to do without instruction :-)
    I'm really becoming conscious of the baby in there now all the time, I can almost feel my internal organs and bones having to move around to make space. And as for movement, y'know that nursery rhyme "There was an old woman who swallowed a spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her" I think I know how she felt !! :-)

• Advertisement

Oh I'm the same! I'm 42inchs around the largest part of my bump now & 25 wks tomorrow!! Look even bigger cos Im only 5ft... Don't really notice how big I am during the day, it's when I catch myself in a mirror getting undressed at night & I'm like wow:) Must make the pregnancy extra special after it taking awhile TTC.

Cool rhyme, loving all the movements & kicks too! The Daddy thinks Im trying to squish baba when I lie on my side just so he kicks me in protest:)

Thanks girls its been hard to keep the diet but those good results have spurred me on to keep trying hard because my efforts have obviously been worth while. I had gone off most sweet things anyway but im missing a few bad things like white bread and jellys.

My bump is big now as well and it feels like the first time again because its been seven years since the last pregnancy. I feel the same Lucuma its amazing that our bodies just do this stuff without needing anything except a tiny bit more food and lots more rest. Women spend so long cursing their body's but to go through pregnancy it just makes me so grateful for a body that can give me something as wonderful as a baby.

You still might be able to go to the adult only hotel if you have good babysitters Lucuma :)

Enjoy your breaks girls :)

I had a lovely break, especially enjoyed the spa! The back massage was actually really nice, was on my side with loads of pillows so was really comfortable and just turned over half way through.

I had a bit of dark brown discharge in my knickers this morning, there was nothing when I wiped and there hasnt been anymore since. I had to ring the nurse to get test results back from last week (all clear) so I mentioned it to her and see said to come in to be safe but its probably nothing. I wont be able to go today as I work 50km from home. I wasnt particularly worried as baba has been moving around loads this morning and there hasnt been any since but now Im doubting myself... was only in doctors last Monday, and in hospital twice this month, dont want work thinking Im taking the p*ss:(

Id go in tomorrow shortstuff it could be nothing but it could be something as well if you know what i mean. Fingers crossed its nothing. Your never wasting their time if its a genuine concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Stuff work let them think what they want my dear

Better to be safe than sorry x

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about shortstuff, sometimes people have a small bleed around the day their period was due. I got that but I got it during the first trimester (it was just dark discharge as you described, came once and never came back). I had an amazing break in the hotel-that-doesn't-allow-kids as well, it was sheer bliss! I did an aqua aerobics class that was on in the pool, and also did 20 mins one day very slow on the cross trainer of the gym. I wasn't sure how to play the spa though. i avoided the proper sauna rooms and went in the steam room alright once the first day and once the 2nd day, but for short periods.
    Is anyone else finding themselves getting a bit stiff? I was complaining last night and hubby warned me that if I keep up constant moans from now til the end, by the time it gets to 3rd trimester he'll be so used to hearing me moan it'll be like the boy who cried wolf, he won't take me seriously anymore. So I'm on a 2nd trimester moan-ban !! Have to save up my moans til the 3rd trimester when they'll be warranted! But yeah just this week I'm finding I have a stiff right hip, lower back/tail bone and sometimes I get a bit of a cramp or a quick pain in stomach muscles if stand up suddenly. Also am starting to feel baby pressing into my bladder when I'm walking around. I'm going to the loo ridiculously often as a result and often find when I go, there wasn't a whole lot in my bladder even though it felt like I Really needed to go! Ok moan over for today!!

Hey Ladies, thanks for the concern, I couldnt get an appointment for today, but it hasnt happened since so I think its just one of those things. Was only a little amount. From looking at a few websites it seems normal enough and it was only a small amount but if it happens again Ill be straight to the doctors. Baby is kicking as I type so seems happy enough in there:)

Glad you enjoyed your break Lucuma! Dont mind hubby, you can moan away here anyway:) Takes alot of work growing a baby as I remind my other half...My tailbone is quite sore sitting in work all day, only started annoying me yesterday. All that stiffness sounds like it could be the start of spd, hopefully not though... wont be long until we're in the 3rd trimester fingers crossed, weeks are flyin in!

Think I have starting nesting... arrived home from our break on Monday and was unpacking and was just so frustrated at our wardrobe so started tackling that and then last night started clearing out our bits and piece from what will be baby's room! Usually have to force myself to clean:)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear you are all doing well.

27 & 5 days today and was referred for a growth scan as my consultant wasn't happy with babies size as I am a "big girl" . I'm 5 foot 11 not a bloody giant! If she had bothered to read my file she would see both my babies were considered small pre term and completely normal when born!!!

OK rant over I promise :)

On the plus size was lovely to see baby again and we found out its another little girl for us!!!!

How are all you ladies feeling now were nearing the final trimester?

Had my review scan today too.. All good. All 4 chambers of the heart checked out as expected.. still a boy ( although we can't actually say for sure.. I said unless his willy drops off its gunna be a boy tho... to which she didn't even crack a smile the miserable cow!!!)
    25 wk 3d today. Feeling good physically. Emotionally I'm a wreck.
    Had a big row with himself yesterday in the car in front of our daughter (mortified now). Because he made me go into chemist for him even tho he knew I was tired and hungry... Nearly as pathetic as my last pregnancy when u had a row with him cuz he DARED to start making dinner before lighting the fire before I got home from work haha I know what your thinking.. what a douche (him not me of course haha)

All good now tho. I think sometimes ya just need a good scream and shout and cry to recharge the batteries :)

Got my changing table today. Best purchase ever and I've only used it once. Got it for 35 e second hand on adverts. They 80e new!! It's PERFECT. The one where u lift up the mat and there's a bath. So sorry I never got one last time. My back is starting to give me trouble already. So I'm delighted with my purchase :)

Glad you enjoyed your break Lucuma! Dont mind hubby, you can moan away here anyway:) Takes alot of work growing a baby as I remind my other half...My tailbone is quite sore sitting in work all day, only started annoying me yesterday. All that stiffness sounds like it could be the start of spd, hopefully not though...

SPD ...nOOOOOOO!! It's hard to describe where the pain is. Defo stiff in the tailbone but have been having pain there for a good while. The new one is a pain/stiffness right inside my hip, only on my right leg. It actually feels like the pain is inside the hip socket itself! I know what you're saying though....coz the hip socket is close to the pubic bone :( We'll see. I'm walking like an aul wan that needs her hip replaced, bit a limp going on! I have been trying to sleep on my left side with my Lidl body pillow but I've discovered I have a gra for sleeping on the right side! I never knew i had a preference before I started consciously trying to sleep on the left. Hubby's theory is that I sleep on my right side coz that means I'm facing him!! Not half full of himself is he :P

Shortstuff isn't it great now in this trimester we have baby moving to reassure us. If you got that spotting during the first 20 wks you'd have been all worried!
    Staticdoor & Kaylami congrats on successful scans!

Fingers crossed it isnt SPD Lucuma. Moan away here hun, the hubbys dont understand how sore and uncomfortable pregnancy is! Jeez all these aches and pains we are dealing with now!!!

Congrats on the great scans girls :)

Shortstuff glad to hear everything is going well and the baby is moving nicely now.

I have an appointment in the Rotunda later...Anyone else sick of the constant appointments?

I've not had too many appointments. well not compared to first pregnancy.

had my first scan April 1st.
    midwife clinic April 9th
    gp April 24th
    and review scan last wed. that's it.

Hospital doesn't want me till May 28th. I'll be 2 wks 3 days.
    and gp doesn't want me till 2 weeks after that.
    I guess I did miss loads cuz of the letter fudge up... but it suits me.. I'm much happier out of that place!

feeling utterly sh1t today and yest. think the auld spd is rearing it's ugly head again. feel like I've been horse riding for a week non stop!!!!!

not long left tho..13 weeks and some odd days. I must say tho. .This pregnancy is FLYING by. maybe it's cuz I've a toddler to occupy me thus time!

I do know tho that this baby is me done with populating humanity! !! I dunno how people keep going after two. I'm shattered just thinking about it 😆

Hopefully its not spd Lucuma, are you doing pregnancy yoga? I find it great for getting a nice stretch which hoping prevents any stiffness. I have the lidl pillow too, its huge!! Haven't really used it as it feels like Im putting a barrier between myself and fiance... have to try so hard to sleep on left but usually end up switching at some stage in the night.

Loving all the movements and kicks, not sure what way baby is facing though as I cant feel the kicks on the outside anymore which is a pity for the daddy:(

I havent had many appointments either... twice in docs, once to confirm and 24week checkup and once in Hospital at 16weeks for booking in and scan. Im in next monday for diabeties test and then the following week for another hospital appointment. We'll be flat out going back and forth soon enough!

Delighted everyones scans are going well, not sure if I get another in Mullingar, their machines arent great anyway compared to the private ones which were just amazing... so tempted to get another, meant to be saving so we'll just have to be patient!

Oh bought out first pack of nappies at the weekend - so exciting, just Lidl size2, intend buying pampers size 1 (74pack) from Amazon (work out at 14c each). Have heard different brand suit different babies so despite wanting to stockpile, Im holding back! Out of interest how many size 1 do average babies go through does anyone know?

Hopefully its not spd Lucuma, are you doing pregnancy yoga? I find it great for getting a nice stretch which hoping prevents any stiffness.

Loving all the movements and kicks, not sure what way baby is facing though as I cant feel the kicks on the outside anymore which is a pity for the daddy:(

Yep I'm doing pregnany yoga and also cycling to work 5 days a week but still have sore hip. However I'd probably be worse if I wasn't doing those things.
    My Preg Yoga teacher did a great stretching routine on me last week with belts which got rid of my limp :-) But still have a sore hip.
    I'm also making myself drink 2 litres of water a day (I have a 0.7 litre bottle at my desk and I refill it 3 times every day) which I hope might be keeping at least some of the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms at bay. If I don't drink 2 litres a day I can tell I'm dehydrated by the colour of my urine. I've got one thirsty baby!
    My baby's kicks can be felt outside, OH was able to feel them last night when I told him to put his hand there. He's not overly interested though ..you can tell it's his 3rd (my 1st) the novelty of feeling the kicks seems to have totally worn off for him! I bet if it was a boy twould be different though he'd be making comments about him being a little footballer and stuff. But he's on his 3rd dd now so it's a little same old same old for him I'd say. Still huge novelty for me though! :-)

Fair play to you on all the exercise! Great to still have the energy for it:) I'm too scared to cycle since getting pregnant, but doing a handful of 5km walks with the dog per week & yoga so think I'm doing ok, this time last year I was starting marathon training- what a difference a year makes:) Hopefully your pains stay away...

Felt a few kicks much higher in my bump this morning, usually only get them really low down! It's both our 1st baby so can't see the novelty wearing off anytime soon, I'm sure your hubby will be more excited when she arrives!

• Advertisement

My husband ( still getting used to that) seems to have no interest in feeling baby kick!

Its our 3rd so I'm just putting it down as been there done that!!!

Started to sort out our older girls clothes today so see what we can keep and what we have to buy.

I bought some nappies today so I don't feel quite so disorganised

Fair play to you on all the exercise! Great to still have the energy for it:) I'm too scared to cycle since getting pregnant, but doing a handful of 5km walks with the dog per week & yoga so think I'm doing ok,

Felt a few kicks much higher in my bump this morning, usually only get them really low down!

You're right, I wouldn't cycle to work in Ireland either while preggers (at least not past the 1st trimester). Fair play on the walks, dogs are great for getting people out and about.
    That's cool you felt kicks higher up coz maybe it means baby is moving into the head down position? There was a lady at my preg yoga is 36 weeks and baby is breech (or is it breach?) so it brought up the topic of baby position, I knew little about it so checked in my preg book and it says that the baby should move down between week 24 and 28, and the check at week 28 should check for this. I have a scan week 30 so will be hoping to get good news in that regard at that scan.

Kaylami wrote: »
    My husband ( still getting used to that) seems to have no interest in feeling baby kick!

Its our 3rd so I'm just putting it down as been there done that!!!

I bought some nappies today so I don't feel quite so disorganised

It must be a '3rd time around' phenomenon, glad to hear I'm not the only one! Jeez I'm far too superstitious to buy nappies this early....prob coz it's my first though so I'm more nervous.

With my first everything - nappies clothes etc was kept at my mums.

With the second I got my tax back about 3 days before she was born so I bought everything then (shopping at 40 weeks was not pleasant)

This poor neglected baby will be in hand me downs as we know its another girl - my 4 year old came to our growth scan and asked the midwife

Although I did buy a cute little mint green outfit just in case!

That's great you have so much energy I am struggling to even get up and down the stairs tbh!

Lucuma wrote: »
    You're right, I wouldn't cycle to work in Ireland either while preggers (at least not past the 1st trimester). Fair play on the walks, dogs are great for getting people out and about.
    That's cool you felt kicks higher up coz maybe it means baby is moving into the head down position? There was a lady at my preg yoga is 36 weeks and baby is breech (or is it breach?) so it brought up the topic of baby position, I knew little about it so checked in my preg book and it says that the baby should move down between week 24 and 28, and the check at week 28 should check for this. I have a scan week 30 so will be hoping to get good news in that regard at that scan.

Yeah the dog is great for guilting me into bringing him in the evenings, have a nice routine going, we walk happily the 1st mile, he drags me the 2nd (uphill) I drag him the 3rd!

That's interesting, hadn't even crossed my mind that he'd be getting into position, so exciting! I'm 27weeks today:) Cant believe were in the 3rd trimester!!

Fiancé announced last night that he thinks Ill go on time, I'm convinced I'll go 10days over, asked him why & he said eh your bump is fairly big already! Unfortunately I don't think it works that way:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Lucuma wrote: »

Ah sure I'm cycling 20km a day at 28 weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hi ladies, over 26 weeks now, getting closer :) first time on this thread I think, I'm due my first around the end of August.

I am no longer able to go for walks of any distance any more, babies head feels like it's creating a lot of pressure down there and after 10 minutes of standing or walking everywhere below really aches. I spoke to my midwife and she said it's not SPD, and is normal (as it disappears when I rest) but that a lot of women get it later than me. Baby has had her head down since 20 weeks. Swimming has been really nice though and completely pain free!

I was reading a site and it said something like 'by now, your antenatal classes should be in full swing, and the nursery near completion', lol. I've nothing done other then little vests bought :)

Welcome Cameoette! Its my first aswell:) Sorry to hear about the aches and pains but at least you know the baby is in a good position for birth... keep meaning to get swimming! Im managing 5km walks but alot slower than I was doing before.

I haven't heard anything about antenatal classes yet, though was in for the glucose test yesterday (havnt heard anything yet so hopefully Im ok - baby went mental kicking with all the lucozade) and a girl due a couple of days after me mentioned that she starts hers in the hospital next week so hoping they didnt forget me! Must ring tomorrow as I definitely asked to be booked in at my first appointment...

As for the nursery, I cleared out the wardrobe that will be the babys and bought a changing mat on adverts to go on top of a set of drawer which will be the changing station:) Borrowing the cot! Bought a good few bits and pieces at the weekend, mainly on line and on adverts. Dont worry, there's loads of time yet!!

Trilogy - well done on the cycling - whatever keeps us active and sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Indeed! Most people think I'm nuts but it's my usual routine so why not!

Into the midwives tomorrow, then off on hols to Spain on sat for a week. Work has been mental so really looking forward to it :)

Feeling frumpy in the holiday clothes though... Strange seeing the belly really emerging now!

• Advertisement

Trilogy wrote: »
    Into the midwives tomorrow, then off on hols to Spain on sat for a week. Work has been mental so really looking forward to it :)

Feeling frumpy in the holiday clothes though... Strange seeing the belly really emerging now!

H&M have maternity shorts in different colours and sun dresses, quite a good range I was in there in Cork on Saturday. That was one thing I would have loved on my holiday in April a pair of maternity shorts!

Advertisement