Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I know when i had my 1st they cleaned her before skin to skin and then I fed her?

Tbh your that over whelmed by everything that's happening and the excitement of having baby I don't think you'd notice!

I know those videos make my eyes water I would even let my oh down the business end if things let alone post it in you tube?!?!

Nesting has officially kicked in for me today I have made a banoffi pie (no I'm not sharing) and I'm currently in the middle of cleaning my kitchen floor with a window squidgee.

The mad things our hormones make us do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

The video I watched was a home birth au naturelle...the baby was literally slapped straight up on mama's chest after it popped out. I think I would like if they just wiped off a little of the blood 1st :) Kaylami there's an old wives tale that cleaning d floor can help get baby in position for birth ; o)

Funny I don't remember there being much blood but I think at that stage the g&a may have slightly effected my take on reality.....

I'm suffering for cleaning the floor today muscles I didn't even know I had hurt.

I'm also panicking as to what happens to my 2 smallies if I go into labour the hospital is 1hr 40 mins away our parents are 40 mins further north than the hospital. With no 1 I only realised I was having contractions when it was time to push and that was with being induced.

I just don't know and it's worrying me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Kaylami wrote: »
    Funny I don't remember there being much blood but I think at that stage the g&a may have slightly effected my take on reality.....

I'm suffering for cleaning the floor today muscles I didn't even know I had hurt.

I'm also panicking as to what happens to my 2 smallies if I go into labour the hospital is 1hr 40 mins away our parents are 40 mins further north than the hospital. With no 1 I only realised I was having contractions when it was time to push and that was with being induced.

I just don't know and it's worrying me :(

if it's any consolation I'm worried too... I've no idea what the start of labour feels like. I was induced on my daughter at 13 days over and only knew I was in labour when them told me in the hospital that I was 4 cm. I don't even know what I'm looking for...

Thanks for that static door !

I felt like a idiot for not knowing tbh. I only remember being uncomfortable and by the time I asked for panadol it was time to push.

I'm just worried ill end up having her at the side of the road with 2kids in the back seat!!!

• Advertisement

Well here's to hoping you won't 😊

I did ask this question at my antenatal class last time (not bothering this time) and she said the actual stats of babies born on the side of the rd are miniscule 😊

as it is I've still 7 weeks left as of today.. and I'm lying in bed now with aches and pains and I'm wondering is it labour...braxton hicks...washing the floors yest...or the stoopid walk I went on today with little miss (who is 2 but ran circles round me today the wagon)

all I can say is.. be as prepared as possible without being ocd about it... and hope when the time comes... that all will go to plan... and sure if she is born in the car wonot it make a lovely story for her 18th 😉

He he that made me laugh.

I need to calm down I know worst case scenario we call an ambulance to meet us everything will be fine!

You poor thing I know a hot water bottle helps when I feel all crampy.

And a cucumber face mask helps too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

3 loads of baby gros, blankets, sheets, muslins and bibs washed and folded. Hospital bag (almost) packed.
    It's getting closer!!!! (Not to panic anyone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

emer_b wrote: »
    3 loads of baby gros, blankets, sheets, muslins and bibs washed and folded. Hospital bag (almost) packed.
    It's getting closer!!!! (Not to panic anyone!)

I know this time next month we'll all be waiting patiently & counting down the days! 3loads of washing? I clearly don't have half enough stuff! Gonna pick up the last few bits for the hospital bag in the Aldi sale tomorrow, just need muslin cloths & cellular blankets I think. We only have enough baby clothes for the hospital & then baby's daddy can go mad buying girl/boy clothes! When people say you can't have enough muslin cloth how many are they talking about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Same here just enough to get us through the first few days and then colour mad!!!!

I don't have any muslin cloths. All my family/friends are all about the wraps. Thicker than the muslin cloths, seemingly have a multiple of uses. Wrap babies in, put under babies in the baskets so you don't have to constantly change the sheets, put on your shoulder when winding. I really don't know to be honest but they were all cracking me up asking if I had them so I got them!!

These two are going to town on me last 2 days lots of moving around. Hope one is getting into position :-)

• Advertisement

Well 3 loads was all the stuff I had packed away that my 1st wore for about the first 3 months, so I'm well ahead of myself. Plus washed a few blankets and bulky things.
    You'll probably get loads of baby clothes as gifts also, especially for your first. I kept a note of what everyone gave me last time so I wouldn't forget to send cards, got about 80 gifts, crazy!
    Some people go through a few muslins per day, especially if they have a burpy baby after feeds. My lady wasn't pukey at all though, I'd say I only used 3/4 muslins in rotation.

Llambert what are these wraps you speak of? Are they just big squares or some special design? Never heard of them.

I was reading the check list that I got from the hospital for mothers labour ward bag. One of the items is "panty/face cloth". What the hell is a panty??

I didn't use Muslins at all must look into them.

I'm back in hospital apparently my antibiotic didn't work. No **** Sherlock I'm here roaring in pain.

I dunno when I'll get home now and they are giving me pethadine at last so I can have a sleep.

Feeling very grumpy altogether.

Are any of you planning to breast feed?

Yeah emer_b they r just big squares. I couldn't find them anywhere. I did get them down home in the end, maybe its a Wexford thing??

I've no idea what a panty is, not on my list anyway. I think just stick to the face cloths :-)

I didn't use Muslins at all must look into them.

I'm back in hospital apparently my antibiotic didn't work. No **** Sherlock I'm here roaring in pain.

I dunno when I'll get home now and they are giving me pethadine at last so I can have a sleep.

Feeling very grumpy altogether.

Are any of you planning to breast feed?

Oh poor you, I hope you make a speedy recovery and you're back home soon.

I'm open minded about the breast feeding. I'd love to do it but been so far away from family and close friends not confident about doing it as I know first few weeks that's all I'd be at. If I could manage for the first few weeks I'd be delighted but will look to express also. With 2 babies to feed will definitely need hubbys help.

Will wait and see. Not going to beat myself up over it if doesn't work out.

So had first ante-natal class today. Hubby took day off as it was tour and signs of labour. Sure it was great, was 100% it was starting at 2 but no it was at 10. Felt like a right ejit. Wondering how I'll cope when these 2 arrive.......baby brain already :-(

Ah no, you missed your class, that's disappointing. I found the classes great last time. Thought it would be really basic stuff but found out lots I never knew before.

Kaylami, definitely planning to breastfeed. Fed my first for 10 months, best thing I ever did. Hoping it will go as smoothly this time.
    I know there are lots of horror stories, problems encountered with breastfeeding, but for anyone planning on trying, it can actually go well! I found it mentally tough for the first 2/3 months but after that I didn't want to stop.
    The breastfeeding support thread here on Boards was a lifesaver for me. Lots of expert mammies checking in all the time to put your mind at ease and give really good advice.

Awh llambert it happens to us all.

I'm still in the hospital it's so warm ! The girls came to visit which was lovely though hopefully I'll be home tomorrow.

I don't think I can face the weekend in here to be honest. Had to have another scan today to monitor the baby placenta and cord.

My doctor is not happy with growth and then at each scan everything is perfect I don't know anymore.

Anyway enough moaning I'm gettin super excited to meet my little lady now only 36 days to go.

I tried breastfeeding with my other 2 but I had nossupport and my mil constantly criticized sayin baby isn't gettin enough. This time I feel strangely confident (maybe because we now live 2 hour away and she can't drive) he he.

Is everyone else gettin excited?

I really hope they let you home tomorrow, though if not try and remember its best place for u and baba if they are anyway concerned.

Ha can totally relate to the mil. Though mine is nearly 4 hours away. Great in one way but the other way is comes for days not hours on a visit!!

My Mam is coming to stay this wknd. Last time I'll see her before babies arrive cos she's also 4 hours away (hate this).
    Excited she's coming but know I'll be super upset when she's going, wish she was closer.

Yes can't wait to meet these little two. Excited to be getting ready for the next chapter in my life.

I tried breastfeeding with my other 2 but I had nossupport and my mil constantly criticized sayin baby isn't gettin enough.

God what a dose! As if new mums don't have enough to contend with!
    I'll be living at home with my parents for the first few months, my mother is a breast-feeding Nazi advocate so I'll have no choice hehe!
    I kid you not, on the day I told her I was pregnant (which was 3 days after I found out myself) she read me some excerpts from 'Breast is Best' :eek::D:P

• Advertisement

Oh that made me laugh lucama!

I got home from hospital today I have another growth scan on Tuesday and if baby hasn't grown since I will be admitted on Friday after clinic.

I'm not concerned I know baby is growing fine my stomach muscles are just holding her well in. My doctor is worrying because I'm 35weeks and fundal height is measuring 30weeks.

Llambert I honestly can't imagine having twins! You must be so excited

Had GP check up today. Obviously its just an educated guess but she thinks twin2 is head down so hopefully that lasts. Too early for it to be engaged. I'll know more next wk when I have my scan. Lots of child poses for me to encourage them head down, even though its harder to get my arse bk on my heels, thought it would be easier with the rapid rate my arse is growing :-)

Had lovely wknd been looked after by the Mammy. Very upset saying goodbye today cos I won't see her again till after babies arrive. They got loads of stuff, spoilt rotten already!!!

Hope all you August ladies are doing good and surviving the heat x x

Hi Lambert

That's great one baby might be head down. Keep doing what your doiung and I hope scan goes well!

I have another growth scan and placental function scan tomorrow to check on baby. We will then discuss our options with my new doctor on Friday so fingers crossed everything is OK and previous doctor was just being overly cautious.

35weeks and 3days today and fundal height measuring at 30cm so well see tomorrow!

I bought my car seat and a fan for the hospital so I'm feeling super organised - not!

How are all you other ladies doing??

A fan for the hospital, great idea! My overriding memory of the hospital the last time was the heat and the sweat! (And that was a mild September). Maybe it was just me but I was told you sweat a lot after having a baby as you're losing a lot of the fluid that built up in your body. The plastic sheet thing in the hospital bed didn't help obviously! I've told my husband to remember to ask for a window bed as soon as we get in, well worth requesting it if it's available.

Doing well here, 33 weeks 4 days. I was sitting with my mother and brother yesterday and got a kick from the baby that actually lifted me out of my seat! Y'know that tickly bit on your side, just above your hip bone. They thought I was going mad, was very funny.

Seems like there's only 4 or 5 of us left in this thread now

It's quality not quantity Emer! :-)
    Llambert, delighted to hear that the GP thinks twin no.2 has gone into head first take-off position! Fingers crossed that'll be confirmed by scan now. I suppose you're prepared for a c-section in any case, I was reading in my preg book that 50% of twin births are c-section.

Really glad ye pointed out about the hospital being boiling ladies, I don't take well to the heat and I'm already suffering as a result of the hot water bottle (baby) that I've got attached to my front! Kaylami did you buy a fan fan, like a thing that sits on the table or on the ground that you plug in, or did you just buy a little hand-held thing? I wonder how they'd react if you arrived in with a fan that you would need to plug in? Or maybe I'll just get a big palm leaf thing for hubby to wave in front of me, Cleopatra style ! ;o)

Best of luck today Kaylami I hope that the docs are just been over cautious and baba is doing good.

I'd say the hospital would have no problem with you bringing a plug in fan. I must be a freak cos I'm not really over heating at all.

Anyone else starting to waddle? Walking the woods this morning and definitely felt like I was waddling :-) It's getting tough now trying to keep up the walking but with the dog have no choice.

Yeah good luck today Kaylami.

Yeah I remember the heat... oh the heat.. and that was April! ! I'm dying in this heat. hubby says bedrooms like an igloo at night bug I still find it too warm!! I had a water spray bottle with me in delivery room last time (like a plant spray bottle got it in pound shop) but towards the end I actually took my tshirt off and put on a gown and himself soaked it in cold water for me and draped over my back. I did spike a fever tho.. but it was bliss. I've a face cloth packed this time :)

I'm 34 +2 today and suffering big time.

4 times I was up to wee last night. baby is head down according to gp visit last week. but sometimes when I'm walking I can feel like baby is just going to drop out. or if I stand rocking from side to side I can feel him moving side to side. when he gets the hiccups I can feel it down below... and the kicks. .. oh the kicks. .. Some of them have brought a tear to my eye. I don't remember ANY of this with daughter.

defo have a waddle going on too... Feeling quite useless to be honest. really feel like my daughter is missing out. The most I can do us bring her outside and let her off to walk around within my eye line. I just don't have the energy...

I was so so nervous.. now I just want it over and done with. I'm in hos tomorrow for a check up too. At least my daughter will get some activity time.. my sister is taking her to work where she has 3 other kids so that be good for her.

won't be long now ladies....

I went into euro saver or one of those pound shops and bought a desk fan to be plugged in.

I had my last baby in November and took the ward fan I was that hot. To be honest I don't care what they say!

No waddle here more of a duck like shuffle - it's very attractive. The further along I get everythingI do becomes more attractive like the way I grunt like a old man when I stand up , the way I have to roll to try and get out of bed , having to cross my legs when I sneeze or cough just in case!

I honestly don't know how my oh can resist me at the moment.

Will let you know how I get on today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I saw a man carrying a bag of nappies and a big plug in fan into Mullingar maternity hospital. The labour unit is air conditioned but bringing a little hand held fan with me that sprays water aswell, €3 in the tiger shop if I remember correctly. The ward where you stay with the baby is very hot though, assume its to keep babies warm, Id say Ill pass out! Might buy a big one:)

Hope the scan goes well Kaylami!

I hear yas on the waddle, Im fine most of the time, but yesterday it was like I just felt like I needed the loo every time I walked, even though I had just been! Fiance telling me to hurry up was not taking kindly I can tell ya!

Was in Killarney for the weekend, my fiance and group of friends were cycling the ring of kerry, thought I might have been upset not been able to do it, but had a lovely day getting my hair done, wandering around, doing a bit of shopping! A couple of late nights (including a nightclub) has left me wrecked though, not helped that I had to drive the 4 1/2 hours home as everyone else was too hung over to do it!

34weeks + 4 now, its flying!

How about we list our EDD, hospital, babys sex if know... seen it on a couple of threads

Shortstuff! - August 15th - Mullingar - Surprise

Advertisement