Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Maybe its because its my 1st but Ill be leaving it as a surprise as well, kind of like not knowing! We refer to the baby as he though(cos he looked more masculine than feminine in the 12 week scan ha) so much so that people thing we know already:) It'll probably be a girl just to prove us wrong!! Think if I really wanted a boy/girl that I would find out so that I wouldnt be disappointed. My Mam had a baby when I was 9, only girl with 2 brothers and I bawled when I was told it was another boy, she should have found out but then she didnt have any fancy scans!

Morning sickness has mostly passed, had my cheerios this morning though and all came back up when I brushed my teeth, flaming toothpaste turns my stomach!

Mrs Peacock, Ill be 17 weeks tomorrow and there is no way I could hide it now!! Im sure your boss will take it fine, mine was just glad I wasnt handing in my notice.

Went to aqua aerobics twice this week, most exercise Ive done in awhile! Not sure how long my swimming togs will fit though:) Anyone else doing anything to keep fit for the birth? Feel like Ive put on loads of weight on my legs since I stopped running... might sign up for swimming lessons in improve a bit cos I wont go unless I have paid for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

cocacola1 wrote: »
    It's quite nerve wrenching being pregnant and worrying, but soon exciting too!

Have you found out your due date? I've a scan in two weeks and think I'll find out then,

What hospital are you attending?

I was able to calculate my due date from Last Menstrual Period date and it was confirmed as being correct in my first scan. Unfortunately as I was having fertility issues I knew my cycle and ovulation days like the back of my hand! I'm attending Dr. Louise Kenny in Cork so will be a CUMH baby!
    emer_b wrote: »
    The itchiness was driving me crazy for the last 2 months but is starting to ease a little now, I have torn the skin on my legs from scratching! Shaving seems to aggravate it so thinking of waxing before we go on holidays in May. I only waxed once about 15 years ago, are any of you waxing during pregnancy? Is it more painful/sensitive?

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one tearing the hide off myself......I'm 15 weeks today and itchiness disappeared in the last week - thank god for small mercies coz I was really driven to distraction from it. I ended up taking 2 anti-histaimine (24 hrs apart) which I feel guilty abt as chemist said they do cross the placenta & although not harmful to foetus u should only take if you really have to. FC they didn't do any harm. I'm still getting waxing done during preg. My beautican said some preg women want to be hairless down there for the birth so they come in at nearly 40 weeks having never even had a Brazilian before and ask for it all off! She said it's really not ideal so her advice was to keep up maintenance waxing every 6 weeks or whatever (hmm she wouldn't be trying to drum up business for herself by any chance?!)
    Think if I really wanted a boy/girl that I would find out so that I wouldnt be disappointed.

Went to aqua aerobics twice this week, most exercise Ive done in awhile! Not sure how long my swimming togs will fit though:) Anyone else doing anything to keep fit for the birth? QUOTE]

This is exactly why we're finding out coz we do really want a boy so if it's a girl I'd rather find out in advance and digest the news and get that over with and concentrate on getting very excited about being a Mum for the first time without any distracting ''is it a boy or girl'' thoughts.
    Fair play for the aqua aerobics! Sounds like the ideal preg exercise shortstuff. I've been trying to go for the odd walk, and just started preg yoga. Oh and I've been to the gym ONCE since I found out I was preg (fairly pathetic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Omg ladies im having the most f'd up dreams!!!!

Yesterday I woke up just before my doctor was about to explain the dangers of pre eclampsia cuz I had protein in my wee and a swollen hand
    And last night I dreamt I was passing a bloody discharge..

My brain in FRIED!!!!!

THANKFULLY I was in my gp on friday and she had a listen to the heartbeat for me... took ages to find cuz she said babz was very active. .. but maybe its just put my brain into over drive... either way its not nice...

Hope ye are all having a good monday.. its a gorgeous day out west and me and the little miss are off for a walk to feed the ducks :-)

Omg ladies im having the most f'd up dreams!!!!

Yesterday I woke up just before my doctor was about to explain the dangers of pre eclampsia cuz I had protein in my wee and a swollen hand
    And last night I dreamt I was passing a bloody discharge..

My brain in FRIED!!!!!

THANKFULLY I was in my gp on friday and she had a listen to the heartbeat for me... took ages to find cuz she said babz was very active. .. but maybe its just put my brain into over drive... either way its not nice...

Hope ye are all having a good monday.. its a gorgeous day out west and me and the little miss are off for a walk to feed the ducks :-)

Oh my god, Im the same with dreams lately... had a couple friends over Friday night and they somehow thought it would be ok to tell me some horror stories where people they know lost babies during or shortly after delivery... roll on the nightmares, 1 of which involved getting a letter from the hospital saying that me and baby had HIV... WTF!! Terrible night sleep... OH asked me was I in bad form Saturday and I told him I was tired cos I didnt sleep very well, then burst into tears:( He bought me an eclair:D

I want to get a buggy suitable for running and found one I really like with great reviews - Baby Jogger Summit x3, its suitable from birth, can be used as a travel system etc but cant find a physical shop in Ireland that stock it. Was going to order on the US Amazon (works out at nearly 1/2 price to websites here) and get a friend to send over to me but is it too much of a risk? My only real concern would be that Im 5ft and it doesnt have an adjustable handlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

had a couple friends over Friday night and they somehow thought it would be ok to tell me some horror stories where people they know lost babies during or shortly after delivery...

This!!! oh my god why do people do this!!! On my last pregnancy the two girls in my office talked constantly about people who had lost their babies or miscarried, I had awful nightmares about it and one day in work I burst into tears at my desk because they had me so wound up. My Finace was fit to kill them!

• Advertisement

I know its terrible, as if we don't be worrying enough as it is! I will have no problem telling them to not have conversation like that around me if it happens in future:)

18 weeks today!! Only 5months to go:) Booked a private anatomy scan for 2weeks time! Hope everyones doing good this week

Omg ladies.. today I hit the proverbial brick wall of exhaustion :-( I didnt even get dressed.
    Myself himself and little miss went for a walk yesterday.. didnt realise it was such a long loop and by the time I was frigged it was damn all difference between keeping going and turning back. Useful as a chockie tea pot today. Dizzy and sick with the tiredness.
    Went to bed at 8 after herself went down. . Ordered to go by himself more like it.. now its 11.45pm and im wide awake!!!

Nothing new or wild to report.. counting down the days till April 1st so I can finally see my munchkin :-)

Starting to feel movement now.. its bot strong enough to see or for him to feel.. but I like this special week or two where its just me and bubs :-)

Hope everyones good..I have to say this months forum is so much quieter than the April 2012 one I was in before :) must be cuz we dont see the point/need in complaining hehehe

Its quiet around here alright! Hopefully that means the maternity hospitals won't be too busy come August! Fair play to you for going for a long walk, pity it turned out a bit too long! Hope your well rested today.

Was at a 21st the other night and a guy who had seen me a couple of weeks ago, starred at my bump & went 'the size of ya" in utter horror! I'm not even that big! Two other people said that they hadn't seen me running by their houses in a while, wouldn't have wanted to have just gotten lazy&fat!! The joys of living in the country:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

This thread is v quiet!!! Had my 20 week scan yesterday. The sonographer started by letting us hear the heartbeat before so that put my mind at rest to start. She then worked away on her own for a while, obviously getting all the necessary measurements & views etc. after she'd completed what she needed to, she turned the screen around so we could see properly what was happening. I was surprised how clear a picture it was. We were actually able to see bones, muscle etc in the limbs, as well as the spine and a good clear image of the face. It has put my mind at rest for another while. We didn't find out what we were having :)

Great news Mrs Peacock! I have a private 20wk scan on Saturday, can't wait, hopefully goes as well as yours!

Anyone still getting sick? I've been sick randomly once a week every week for the past month, bit odd isn't it? Feel 100% the rest of the time & can't seem to pin point to any triggers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

No real sickness here shortstuff but I wasn't really sick in the first trimester either. Just always felt pretty nauseous and tired, and still do at 20 weeks. People kept telling me about how I'd be feeling so much better in 2nd tri. I'm still waiting on the 'blooming' phase kicking in! Heartburn has also just arrived this last few days too!

Oh god hoping I avoid the heart burn phase, you poor thing! I still have my really tired days aswell but I have the odd energetic day to balance it out:) Don't think I have the "glow" yet either, well people said I did at the weekend at a wedding but it was just very good make up!!

Oh god hoping I avoid the heart burn phase, you poor thing! I still have my really tired days aswell but I have the odd energetic day to balance it out:) Don't think I have the "glow" yet either, well people said I did at the weekend at a wedding but it was just very good make up!!

I'm like that as well shortstuff have the odd tired day but in general fairly energetic. I've started doing things in the evenings again not housebound like the first trim!

I've noticed a glow on my face alright (17+6 now) my skin has visibly cleared up and I have a colour in my cheeks. Since coming off the pill in Nov 2012 I had this horrible spotty neck and that has finally now cleared as well, yipppee. So it's a nice change that the hormones are actually leaning in my favour for once.
    I'm finding my pregnant body quite amusing when I catch sight of myself in the mirror and tis only worse it's going to get !! :D

Glad to hear it your getting some good hormones Lucuma! I'm looking forward to getting back walking in the evenings too once the clocks change, cant wait for bright evenings as Im not home til after 7. I wore a long tight top for the first time in ages last Sunday with a pair of leggings around the house, my fiancé couldn't keep eye contact when talking to me, eyes kept being drawn to the bump, so funny!! Had to reschedule my scan so its not until the Monday week. 20 weeks tomorrow, half way mark woohoo:)

I have my first hos app and scan on ties. CANNOT WAIT. I'll b 20 wks on Sunday! !I'm dying to see baby get reassurance. Although I was pretty reassured last night could both see and feel baby moving.

I love this part :)

Today's the day woohoo. .. have to be up in seven hours but can't sleep... too excited/nervous woohoo :)

Today's the day woohoo. .. have to be up in seven hours but can't sleep... too excited/nervous woohoo :)

Oh I can't wait for my next scan! Best of luck today, hope ya managed to get some sleep:) let us know how you get on!

Was sick again yesterday, reckon its the stupid bus! On the plus side managed to get in a 5k walk, now to try make that a habit;) Oh I'm feeling proper little kicks now too, OH hasn't felt them yet, baby needs to work on timing!

Staticdoor I don't know how you've waited this long without going mad....you've the patience of a saint!

Best of luck !!

Sorry ladies..when I got home I collapsed in a heap on the couch and caught up on some zzzzzzzzz's. Been a hectic few days..

So finally got to see baby. ...Crown jewels and all... Tis defo a boy... no denying the poor sod..and I've the pic to use on his 18/21 b day haha
    All good. Dates solid. Baby's spine was facing out so she couldn't get a clear image of all 4 heart chambers so she wants me back for another in 4 weeks..However she said she's not worried..and if she were she would have me back tomorrow.

The only thing that is worrying me now is that they have "pph" plastered all over my notes.. post partem hemorage. .. I know I lost a bit of blood last time after delivering placenta. . I didn't know it was a hemorage... now I'm pooping my pants!!!!

Apart from that all good all delighted... girl done boy on the way.. my bit for the human race is done :)

Nighty night ladies :)

Delighted it went well for you staticdoor and that you got to see your little boy at last! Have you thought of any names?

Scary stuff re hemorage but at least they will be paying special attention for it so you will be in good hands

• Advertisement

That is great news Staticdoor and congrats on the little boy!
    I'm 18w + 5d and just waiting, waiting, waiting to feel baby move now. I met up with a friend at the weekend who's 3 or 4 weeks ahead of me and she was trying to describe what the movement feels like. I'd say it's something you can't describe til you feel it yourself, I can't wait !!

I was told that the getting up for a wee every night is nature's way of training us to cope with little sleep. Think that's actually coming true. I'm still up every night and usually have a few hours of tossing and turning afterwards but regardless I have to get up and do the 8 hours work every day. I'm actually getting better at coping with it alright and am more alert in work now despite never getting enough sleep.
    I have to say though, come the end of the working day I'm completely knackered......and needless to say I do sweet fanny adams in the evenings. Even cooking seems like too much effort most nights and as for my gym membership....well that was a waste of money!

Had my anatomy scan last night, all is as it should be:) Measuring exactly to my EDD so that great news too. The detail of the scan is amazing, worth every cent! The sex is still a surprise but we reckon baby still looks like a boy!

Had my first ever appointment today in hospital (apart from my scan) and o m f the g!!!!

1 hour 49 mins I was waiting. . To be seen for 3....yes THREE freekin minutes!!!!! I was LIVID!!!

Thank god I won't be back there for another 7 weeks!!!

Hope everyone is keeping well. Will be 22 weeks here on Sunday. Tis my birthday Saturday and my daughters 2nd birthday on monday so we are going to glendeer for the day. Can't wait myself. She is going to have a blast this time round :)

You poor thing thats a awful long time to be waiting for such a short appointment, Id be going mad... what hospital are you attending? I hear the Dublin hospitals have very long waiting times for public patients... Ive only been to the hospital once so far for my booking appointment, next appointment in about a month I think, hoping Mullingar wont be too bad for waiting times, 1st appointment was fine but that was based in the EPU so maybe different.

Have a great birthday weekend, hope your spoilt!!

All good here, 22 weeks tomorrow, went to a "pregnancy yoga" class last night, I dont actually think it was a pregnancy class though, I had said how far along I was when booking but she mentioned combining 2 classes into one which I took to mean 2 pregnancy classes but the other women certainly didnt look pregnant and nothing was mentioned during the class about pregnancy, babies, labour.... was just a normal class I think. Now its a small class (was only 3 of us) so Im sure she could tailor positions for me if needed but I just did everything the others were doing - must mention it to her next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

21 weeks now and all going well. Had a private scan yesterday and was worth every penny. Saw baby in so much detail. Had to bring our 18month old with us and just as the scan was almost over she managed to find the socket which powered all the equipment in the room and plugged it out!! I could have killed her. The poor guy was really understanding but had to start again from scratch to get us some images and movie.

Looks like youre going to have your hands full with your toddler;) Scan are just great, just love the reassurance of seeing the tiny baby moving around in there! At least you got to see baba for a little longer:)

Just on the way into work on the bus, sat beside a women who chatted on the phone for the 1st 15mins with her legs invading my space, only to then open the smelliest sandwich in the world. Opened my eyes & hand straight to my mouth, uh oh. Her response "hope you don't mind", em I think I better move! Thank god the bus wasn't full or it mightn't have been pretty!! Shes only finished messing with the tinfoil now 20mins later... Some people!

hi ladies, have anatomy scan on Friday, can't wait. Counting down the days.....
    i hit the 20 week mark there on Friday and this past week was the first week i started to feel proper discernible movement, so cool :-)
    i feel the baby give the odd squirm or wiggle on and off now throughout the day. very short when i feel it it's only for a second or so. kind of funny, almost like being tickled in the belly :-)

Happy Easter everyone:) Hope the scan went well Lucuma!

23 weeks now, have to say I'm feeling great these days, getting loads of walks in, loving all the fresh air... Only complaint being not being able to enjoy a lie in, wide awake come 8am all weekend, I'm sure that'll feel like a lie in this time next year!

Running buggy arrived! Love it:)

23 weeks now too and feelin pretty good. Have LOVED the last few sunny days in the garden with my little girl. Got her a sand and water pit for her 2nd bday last week..It really is the simple things that keep them happy. She is also a fan of throwing uncooked pasta into a bowl of water sayin "pllllop".
    Pregnancy wise feeling much more energetic (could be the weather) and me and the hubby finally getting our groove back on (sorry if that's too much info) but I'm surprised the poor man stuck around this long 😅
    Not back in hos till 6th May for another scan so ill be coasting along till then.
    Got my moses basket sat And some lovely little boy baby grows...
    Question tho. What is the reasoning behind not using the same mattress? ? I've a brilliant sloped one for moses basket. .She never puked weed or pooed on it...can I not use it for the next baby?

• Advertisement

it's because there could be an indentation in the mattress from where the baby slept. This could create a pocket around the baby's head where they could end up rebreathing the carbon dioxide that they breathed out previously (i.e. not enough fresh oxygen getting in) and so raises concerns about sudden infant death syndrome.
    ....so probably only a concern if mattress is really worn. Also obviously you should wash the mattress between babies to get rid of spores, funghi, bacteria that could be in it so new baby won't be breathing them in

Advertisement