Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Welcome Shortstuff, and hopefully we all make it safely through to August. Staticdoor71 that is very annoying about your GP not sending the letter. Let me know how you get on when you get appt. I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, so fingers crossed. Looking like I ate too many pies at the moment. Not an attractive look but please God it'll be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Hope your scan goes well today morebabies, I find myself looking at the pics the whole tiime!

Ladypip, your dead right to stay put with us (hopefully you wont go much more than a day over:)), I was so happy to hear all turnedout well with your babs, you must have been so scared. Fingers crossed for the rest of your pregnancy.

Staticdoor - I feel your pain waiting on the appointment letter, only got mine on Friday and isnt for another 3weeks, couldnt wait that long so had a private one.

We told Family and a few friends over the weekend and work today! I have a hen at the weekend so planning to have everyone told before hand. I'm hoping the tiredness & sickness will have passed by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

How are all the Due Aug 14 ladies?

I'm really annoyed, have booked in for scan and first appointment with the consultant in Cork for next Thursday. We are currently living and working in Europe Mon-Fri but I'll be having the baby in Cork and moving back in with my parents (!) anyway we have both booked a day off work next Thursday and booked the flights to go home for the scan. The scan will take place when I'm 11w + 5 d which is great as it's almost 12 weeks so I can safely call it a ''12 week scan'' and use it as a milestone after which I'll tell my Dad and siblings and his parents etc. Anyway the consultant's secretary just rang me there and asked is it ok to change to Monday? I'm like...No! Apart from the time off work/flights issue, that wíll be closer to 11 weeks than 12 and I really want the scan to be a confirmation that we've gotten to the 12 week stage and all is good and we're out of the miscarriage danger zone.

I explained that we live abroad so she's going to see what she can do. Fingers crossed it gets sorted. I've been counting down to this for so long, for it to be changed last minute would really throw me

Thats terrible Lucuma, definately hold your ground, they shouldnt have made an appointment that they cant honour. Is there another consultant that they can fit you in with or are you going private? Its so nice seeing babs and being able to tell people without worrying:)

Alls well here, havn't got sick since Monday so hoping that lovely phase is over...Have a hen party in newcastle over the weekend, dont know how Im going to cope with the tiredness!! Must tell the rest of the group the news before they all think Im soon sort of dry sh*te....

Going private, although still not too late to change, no money has changed hands yet. Let's hope they find a way to sort it out. Unf with our flight times as well the appointment actually needs to take place at 12:00 as it was supposed to, it would be fine if it takes place earlier but not if it takes place later, we might miss our flight back :-(

My nausea went last weekend as well when I got to 10 weeks. I'm like a new woman this week :-) But still having terrible night's sleep :-( However last week I was having terrible night's sleep and nausea so this is better!

• Advertisement

With public, you dont get a specific time for your appointment, think they tell everyone 2pm and you then its just a case of queing so maybe your better off private if you'll be tight with flights! I'd have thought with the money your spending they would be more accomodating to you.

Glad to hear sickness has passed, all good hear too, touch wood:) Im waking a couple times at night either needing the loo or a drink but manage to get back to sleep ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

Anyone doing pregnancy yoga? Was looking for classes around the city center between 6-6.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thats really awful Lucuma!!, Public is deffo not the way to go if you need to make it back for flights though. Also do i know you from RC? I have the same name on there :)

ladypip wrote: »
    Thats really awful Lucuma!!, Public is deffo not the way to go if you need to make it back for flights though. Also do i know you from RC? I have the same name on there :)

You do indeed I'm on RC under a different name! I had spotted you were on both these forums as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Had my 12 week scan during the week, everything looking good. I'm delighted. Was a little nervous after the surgery but my mind is at ease now. Have started telling friends.
    Can't believe some hospitals make you wait longer than 12weeks for the scan, it feels like forever waiting until then!
    I'm lucky not to have any symptoms other than tiredness at the moment. Checking back on my last pregnancy my daily killer heartburn had already started by now. Making the most of it by eating lots of chocolate while I still can!
    Hope the sickness is easing off for some of you.

• Advertisement

Congrats on the scan Emerb! I really hope to be reporting similar news here by the end of the week. It must be sooooo cool to be telling people, I can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi everyone!

Had my dating scan today so finally feel safe to join you.

Baby number 3 and a total shock! I'm 15 weeks and only realised 3 weeks ago.

Feeling great now I know everything is going well and we are v excited about our new addition.

Only thing I can complain off is a very hormonal but that may be the bridezilla in me as I'm getting married next Saturday.

Congrats to you all and here's to the next few months!

Welcome kaylami and congratulations. Wow what an exciting time for you!

Kaylami I can't believe you're getting married tomorrow, that's mad. You'll be the only sober person at the wedding haha :-) Congratulations and hope you have a really special and amazing day.

Speaking of special days, had my 12 week scan yesterday, alot of fuss and bluster, travelling, expense etc to see bubs on the screen for all of 5 minutes but it was worth it. I was 11w + 5d yesterday and bubs measured 11w+6d so (s)he's 1 day ahead of schedule! And perfectly formed so far, they checked nuchal fold and all and no issues.

So now it's really really really real and official !!!! Told Dad and he took care of telling siblings, and spreading the news to friends via email today. It's a wonderful feeling !!!! :-) Super super excited and just feel so, so lucky to be experiencing this.

Congrats to Lucuma and others, I too had 12 wk scan, last week now, and all was well thank God. Then yesterday, big scare, I bled on and off for 3 hours, and given my history thought, ok here we go again. My doc sent me to casualty, got put on a drip, blood tests done, internal exam and at last, when the bleeding had stopped, an external ultrasound scan and miraculously, I'm still pregnant.

Wow.

The same thing happened when I was pregnant with my 1st son, funnily enough, a big bleed and then all was still ok. Got a fright though.

Pregnancy is so not fun sometimes. One minute I was crying tears of sadness, the next minute, tears of relief.

That must have been terrifying for you more babies, so glad it worked out ok, fingers crossed you don't get any more scares like that so you can enjoy the pregnancy.

Congrats emerb,lucuma & kaylami on your scans, delighted all went well, it's such a lovely experience, I was shaking after mine!

Best of luck with your wedding kaylami:) hope you have the best day!

Poor you Morebabies, you must have been terrified, and than good all worked out well :) Did the bleed stop compleatly?

Congrats to you all on your scans girls. isnt it the best thing ever looking at them! I wish i could buy an ultrasound machine!

Good Luck with today Kaylami! Have the best day ever xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Hi ladies.

Been gone from the forum for a while now. Congrats on all your first scans. I Had my 12 week scan and everything looked perfect! Very happy with that. Attending coombe semi private. Have any of you been experiencing bone pain around the pelvic area? I had a bit of a scare about 10 days ago. Severe bone pain in the butt and pain around the vagina too. Rushed to the emergency, doc did a scan and said nothing worrying. It's just a hormone called relaxin which relaxes muscles which in turn results in bone pain. Was relieved to hear that. My next appointment is on march 11th. Hopefully everything should work out fine.

ladypip wrote: »
    Poor you Morebabies, you must have been terrified, and than good all worked out well :) Did the bleed stop compleatly?

Yes thanks stopped completely.

Hi sowdublin , yeah I get totally freaked out by weird pains too they can be very scary.

Just out of interest, has anyone here gone for the flu jab? I heard this week that there's a spike in the number of cases and I know pregnant women are considered to be in the high risk group. I honestly have never gone for it before, but am seriously considering it this time. How about the rest of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

Hi all. Mind if I join?

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, despite the cold weather!

I'm around 14/15 weeks at the minute. I just wanted to see how you were all feeling at this stage. I've read about others getting to the 12/13 weeks and feeling a lot better and more energised.... Unfortunately this hasn't been the case for me- I'm absolutely exhausted, feeling pretty awful with no real appetite for anything. I'm struggling to come up with anything that I really want to eat. This probable isn't really helping the tiredness. Sorry for the moan- I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself- and I know I shouldn't! Just hoping to see some changes in the next week or so!

• Advertisement

Welcome MrsPeacock, sorry to hear you're still feeling sick.

I hadn't thought about the flu jab morebabies but it's a good point. I should probably ask the GP or consultant. Thanks for bringing it up!

I'm 12w +3d now and don't feel sick at all anymore - Yay! The only thing ailing me now today is boob pain. I was thinking they must be getting ready for milk production but I think I'm after realising actually the issue is that they are now too big for my bra! Wow....could I be moving onto a C-cup for the first time in my life!? This is a monumentous occasion :-)

Have to say, loving the announcement phase now that i'm past the 12 week scan. Really enjoyed the past weekend sharing the news with OH's family :-) Am now toying with the idea of telling work....haven't so far though. I'm on a temporary contract so they can get rid of me anytime they want. I'm doing 100% desk work now so there should be no reason for them to get rid of me as I'll still be able to do the job while preggo but I'm still a little apprehensive about telling them.

Welcome Mrs Peacock! I'm 14+3 and still feel exhausted & was still getting morning sickness up til last Thursday so still feeling a bit crap! Have a bit of a bump in the evenings:) I have a wedding next month, I'll be 19weeks & ordered my first maternity dress on line the other day! Looked cute on the model anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Welcome mrs peacock!

More babies, I got a flu jab when I was about 9 weeks. Now I'm 14. That's the first thing I did as soon as I had my first scan at the EPAU. I read some scary stories about pregnant women getting flu and subsequently having complications because of flu. So please get the jabs ASAP. Most GPs do it for free for pregnant women or they will take a very nominal fee which covers the cost of the vaccine only. But do note that the vaccine takes about 10-15 days to take effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

Hi all, I got the flu jab at my first docs appointment- at about 6 weeks. He offered me it there and then before referring me to a midwife. I must admit that I'm not a great one for doing the research on the 'should I shouldn't I'. I just automatically accepted his advice. I had no real symptoms after, other than a slightly sore arm. Thinking about the flu though, I haven't heard of many cases this winter...

Also thinking about starting to make some maternity purchases. My tummy has grown a bit - not sure if it's bump or bloat - and my regular jeans are becoming a bit uncomfortable. I can't imagine that I'm 'big' enough to warrant any proper maternity wear though. I've ordered a couple of bump bands to wear over my regular stuff, perhaps allowing me to unbutton the top button (discretely).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cocacola1

Hello all,

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and currently in Australia but coming home around April to settle back with plenty of time before the baby arrives.

This is my second pregnancy but it has been six years since my last so I can't really remember it!

Really excited about this and coming home as Australia was not what it's cracked up to be.

Be great to hear from others who are all in the sane boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Hey ladies

Im 14w3d according to my dates. And have finally sorted out my doctor's c@#k up with my hospital appointment. Dunno did letter get lost or was it never sent.. both doc and hos are denying all responsibility. Upshot is... my FIRST hospital appt bloods and scan will be April 1st. Ill be 20w1d according to my dates. GUTTED.COM
    They got my letter in hos at like 11 ish weeks... too late to get me in for twelve week scan (which is normal in mayo gen hos) so they push it out to 20weeks (again, apparently normal)
    So yeah.. thats me.. feeling better this week.. even cleaned out and washed the fridge... who knew they could get so minging!!!!! Herself if keeping me on my toes too.. not easy running after a toddler all day while pregnant.. but as I said... feeling much better this week.
    Really wanna find out the sex of number two since scan will be at 20 weeks. He doesn't want to know.. but im sure they would write it down so that he wont hear?? Anyone else finding out?
    Hope ye are all keeping well anyway..

Hi Mrs Peacock and CocaCola :) Welcome to you both

I have my 18 wk GP appointment on Monday so i think I will ask about the flu jab. I could do with not getting the flu. With a busy six year old and an upcoming house move Id be better off without the flu :).

CocaCola Im in the same boat my son is 6 and it all feels new to me again :).

Staticdoor, thats a big bummer, I cant believe they would let you wait that long :(. Have you had any scans privately or anything?

Anybody else low in Iron? I am exhausted from it. I cant stomach Galfer or Spatone so im taking Floradix instead but its gross. and eating as much Iron rich food as I can.

Mrs Peacock Re your maternity purchases, Dunnes have these amazing strechy vest tops they are super long, I wear them to work out but I'm going to buy some more for layering throughout the pregnancy. I have one each in black navy and Grey i think im going to go and get all the colours :)

Welcome to the new mums to be on here.
    Static I can't believe they're making you wait that long, I thought they would just slot you in to the next earliest appointment. Can your gp make any calls for you?

I'm definitely finding out the sex at 20 weeks but will have to pay for a private scan to find out. Will be worth it though, I desperately want to know!

If anyone is looking at maternity clothes the long vests from Mamalicious are just brilliant. Wore them all through my pregnancy, while breastfeeding and even while not pregnant. They keep their stretch really well. Mamalicious over the bump jeans are also brilliant. I never tried on a pair of under bump jeans that stayed put, constantly pulling them up.
    They have so much nice maternity stuff on asos, had to stop myself from buying stuff yesterday, you wear it for such a short time it's not worth spending too much

staticdoor that's awful! I would be so p!ssed off if I was you making you wait that long just because they messed up! That's terrible. Mabye you could say you had a bleed try and get an early scan? (heard that works from someone before...) after all you're entitled to one like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Lucuma wrote: »
    staticdoor that's awful! I would be so p!ssed off if I was you making you wait that long just because they messed up! That's terrible. Mabye you could say you had a bleed try and get an early scan? (heard that works from someone before...) after all you're entitled to one like

I'm sorry, but that is a horrible thing to even suggest. I bled every day for most of my first three months of pregnancy - if you had any clue of how upsetting and worrying it was - the idea that someone would lie about it and take a place in the queue from someone who actually needs it! It's just SO wrong. :mad:

Advertisement