Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Hi ladies, haven't been on here in a while. Almost 27 weeks now. Just back from a week in portugal with husband and toddler. Was brilliant, just pool and beach and chilling out. Was nice to go before I'm too big and uncomfortable.

I absolutely flew through my first pregnancy, there was no stopping me. I'm feeling it a lot more this time though. Thankfully my toddler is a good sleeper so I can't complain about lack of sleep, I suppose I'm just not getting any younger and its taking its toll on my body.
    I've been feeling some pelvic pain for the last week or two, not too bad but feeling it a bit more each day. I do Pilates and am going for acupuncture regularly so I suppose other than that I should just rest up a bit more when I can. I also discovered my first varicose vein last week. I was in complete shock when I saw it! Have been feeling quite down about the way this pregnancy is affecting me physically, which I know is silly as there are a thousand worse things that could be happening! I'll get over it!

I almost bought newborn nappies today but then put them back on the shelf and thought I'd wait until they're on special offer! I know I'm having a second girl so must unpack and wash some of the tiny clothes soon. I'll have to hang them out on the line when I know nobody will be calling over as we're not telling anyone the sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Enjoy your holiday trilogy! Glad to hear you enjoyed yours emerb, honestly don't think I could deal with the heat! On the bus here & feel like I might pass out:(

Oh you poor thing with the varicose vains, my mam suffers from them so I reckon it's only a matter of time for me..

Had a hospital appointment yesterday, 2.5hours waiting for 2 5minute appointments. Blood pressure checked, urine checked, weight checked, measured bump & listened to heart beat. Was a little annoyed to be honest cos my gp can do all that! Asked when I might get another scan - maybe at 37 weeks if they feel the need... Glad I told my fiancé not to bother taking a half day!

Finding it really hard to find maternity clothes, they just don't make them for petite women! Will just have to stick with stretchy flowy normal clothes:)

Has everyone collected there eumom pack from Supervalu? Got mine Saturday, has a baby towel, full packet of Johnson wipes, baby toothpaste, box of branflakes, sample size of baby oil & baby bath & the worlds smallest tub of sudocrem:) All in a kiddies red backpack, not bad considering its free!

Have another headcold, up 5 times last night to blow my nose- good training for night feeds;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Has everyone collected there eumom pack from Supervalu? Got mine Saturday, has a baby towel, full packet of Johnson wipes, baby toothpaste, box of branflakes, sample size of baby oil & baby bath & the worlds smallest tub of sudocrem:) All in a kiddies red backpack, not bad considering its free!

Cheers for that shortstuff! I looked it up, downloaded the voucher and will hopefully pick one up this weekend in Supervalu! I presume i just walk in with the voucher and they'll have them yeah? :)

Yep I just asked for it at the till and she went & got one for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Lucuma wrote: »
    Cheers for that shortstuff! I looked it up, downloaded the voucher and will hopefully pick one up this weekend in Supervalu! I presume i just walk in with the voucher and they'll have them yeah? :)

You may need to ring around a few stores to check they're in stock, they're often not! I think the Supervalu on Aston Quay in Dublin usually has them.

• Advertisement

You may need to ring around a few stores to check they're in stock, they're often not! I think the Supervalu on Aston Quay in Dublin usually has them.

Ah ok thanks. I know of 2 in Cork- Merchant's quay and Glanmire. I'll try both of those and hopefully one of em will. Otherwise I'm sure they'll tell me where the other Supervalues in Cork are!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

hi ladies

28 weeks now. just home from my hos appt. I say hospital..I actually mean FURNACE! !!! I literally thought I would die of the heat. murder!

All good. BP fine. urine fine. Got full blood count done. baby heart beat perfect.

back in again tomorrow morning at 8.30am for glucose test and after that I've to get my anti d injection.

I'll be like a bag of cats by the time I get out of there tomorrow! !

feeling really guilty today.. Monday night my daughter was up at 3am. I was on my own cuz other half working away. so my sister took her for the night last night. then had to leave her with diff sister today while I was at appt. and his mum is taking her tomorrow morning so I can Go hos again. Poor child's head is up her bum. I can't even go toilet now this eve and she starts crying. Feeling awful about it :(

he's home tomorrow eve thank god. can't wait. three of us will hopefully do something nice for the weekend :)

how is everyone else getting on? starting to think about getting stuff together for babies arrival now. Tis all getting very close :)

Two days in a row staticdoor, thats rough!! I thought twice in 2weeks was bad...it does be sooo hot, god knows what it will be like come August, I may invest in a portable fan ha:) Hope the glucose test went well.

Must be tough having another little one & trying to fit everything in, hopefully you'll be able to spend some quality family time together over the weekend! All will be forgiven when she meets the new arrival!

Have had an awful cold (borderline man-flu) all week, took Wednesday off sick I felt so bad, starting to clear now so hopefully over the worst of it...

29weeks today, cant believe it!! Actually had to double check on the calendar to make sure;) Went a bit mad all month organising bits & pieces, between amazon and adverts I have pretty much everything bar somewhere for the little one to sleep, borrowing a cot off a friend. Tempted to buy one of those co-sleeper cots though as I intend breastfeeding...

Two days in a row staticdoor, thats rough!! I thought twice in 2weeks was bad...it does be sooo hot, god knows what it will be like come August, I may invest in a portable fan ha:) Hope the glucose test went well.

Must be tough having another little one & trying to fit everything in, hopefully you'll be able to spend some quality family time together over the weekend! All will be forgiven when she meets the new arrival!

Have had an awful cold (borderline man-flu) all week, took Wednesday off sick I felt so bad, starting to clear now so hopefully over the worst of it...

29weeks today, cant believe it!! Actually had to double check on the calendar to make sure;) Went a bit mad all month organising bits & pieces, between amazon and adverts I have pretty much everything bar somewhere for the little one to sleep, borrowing a cot off a friend. Tempted to buy one of those co-sleeper cots though as I intend breastfeeding...

O M G don't even get me started.

Got there at 8.30am yest morning for GTT. nurse called me at 9 to ask WHY WAS I THERE!?!?!
    turns out they do t even do glucose testing in MGH on a frickin Thursday.
    I was there starving my butt off for no reason cuz the HEAD midwife fudged up!! was so angry!!!!

had to hang around anyway to get my anti injection (most painful injection ever btw!!) still wasn't out till half 11. but they let me go for brekky while I was waiting.

so back again in 2 weeks for GTT . will be 30 weeks by then

Oh that's ridiculous, you'd think they would make an exception since you were already there. Test only take a couple of minutes with a hours wait in between, would have thought they'd squeeze you in since it was their fault. Don't think I have to get the anti d injection, phew! At least that's over for you...

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, I had an appointment and scan last Thurs, same as you staticdoor; bp fine, urine fine, she sent off blood for test. I was relieved actually about the urine glucose test as I've been craving and eating so much sugar I was expecting bad news on that front! Am 27 weeks now. Scan was grand. Baby is currently breach, but cons said she should move down in the next few weeks. I'm waiting every day now to feel her move down and get one of those kicks in the ribs everyone talks about! I hope she does move down coz apart from having to have a c-section (yuck) if she doesn't, the cons said it's also quite uncomfortable for the last few weeks if baby is breach as baby will be kicking me in the bladder! I have enough bladder issues as it is without that on top of it!
    Shortstuff I have a cold too :-( Took today off work (not a bank hol where I work) over it. Hope it clears soon. 3rd trimester starts this week ....not sure whether to be happy about that or not!

Glad to hear your appointment went well! Loads of time for the baby to move down, the doc in Mullingar had a feel but never said anything about the babys positions, so Im pretty clueless - I think his head is low and to the right, with legs to the left...this morning, my boyfriend had his arm around me and baby gave a right little kick, kept at it for a good 1/2 hour before I had to get up, was just lovely!!

A cold is just awful when you cant really take anything, you were right to take the day off - I was working yesterday too. Mines not too bad now. Cough is still pretty bad, must mention to doc on Thursday when Im in. Also start antenatal classes Thursday!

I got a Tens machine and gentle birthing cd's off adverts at the weekend so starting to prep for the birth. Boyfriend couldnt sleep last night & asked me to read him a bit well he was out for the count after a paragraph, must try the cds on him, theyre very relaxing:)

How's everyone doing? Everyone doing ok with the heat? I bought a mini fan in Tiger for 3eur, has a little water sprayer on it aswell to spitz yourself, its a lifesaver on the bus, definately going into the labour bag!! Anyone packed theirs yet?

I'm doing good (31+4), did have a bit of a fall yesterday running for the bus, so stupid of me... bump was fine, just scrapped my arm & got a bit of a shock- must be more careful! Still managing 3/4 mile walks with the dog, a bit slow mind you but better than nothing. Bar a bit of heartburn and having difficulty putting on socks Im finding it great these days.

Still haven't sent in my maternity claim form, in the hospital next Monday & hoping the hospital will push out my due date to the 22nd so Id finish up work a week before rather than 2... is everyone finishing up the full 2weeks before due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi short stuff

God I envy you the energy to walk the dog at all!
    All I want to do is sleep and eat snickers ice cream

Try explaining that to a hyperactive 4 & 1 year old.

I ended up finishing work on the 10th may so it's. A long wait till baby comes . She's breech again so back in hospital tomorrow they prob book my section.

Still haven't sent in my maternity claim form, in the hospital next Monday & hoping the hospital will push out my due date to the 22nd so Id finish up work a week before rather than 2... is everyone finishing up the full 2weeks before due date?

Try 7 weeks :D That's coz i work in europe and am having baby in ireland and aer lingus won't let me fly past 34 weeks. makes sense to maximise time with baby though but really do you want to be working 1 week before your due date?! i reckon twil be mighty uncomfortable by then and you could do with 2 weeks to relax and get ready, also what if you go early....

Oh the heat today! I'm exhausted from it. Didn't help that I had the busiest day ever, acupuncture, dentist, Pilates, plus some grocery shopping and a lot of driving. I should be asleep now but it's still bright outside!
    Have thought about packing the bag a few times but putting it off (I'm 30+4). Bought some nappies and water wipes though so that's a start.
    I'll be finishing up work 2 weeks before, or more if I can. For me, an extra week before baby arrives is far more valuable than a week at the end of maternity leave. I'm planning on taking unpaid leave so baby will be 10/11 months before I go back.
    Small bit of pelvic pain lately but acupuncture is really helping. In theory Pilates should help too but I feel worse after it, maybe I'm overdoing it.
    Enjoy the sunshine ladies, hope ye're not finding it too uncomfortable!!

Kaylami, whens your due date? Is there not still loads of time for babs to move? Good luck with your appointment today! Its my first, dont know how you cope with running around after 2others!! Ice cream is definately my stand out craving, can't get enough of the stuff:)

Lucuma - you must be on the countdown to finish up work soon so! I dont know maybe Im being overly optimistic but I have an office job (besides the commute, over an hour each way, which can be a pain in the ass)so its grand, Id say Id do more at home between cleaning & running errands! I'd say there wouldnt be any hassle with me working from home towards the end, thats what I do the days I have hospital appointments cos I work in Dublin but attending Mullingar. I do have alot of holidays built up which Im taking after my maternity leave is up so I could always use them upfront if I couldnt handle it...

Emerb - now that is a busy day!! Hope your car has aircon:) Ah 10/11 months would be lovely! Dont think we can afford any unpaid leave to be honest. Wont be on full salary for my maternity leave so Id say we will be finding it tight towards the end

Had a lovely warm bath last night while half listening to the gentle birthing cds & reading my book, slept like a baby after it;)

emer_b wrote: »
    Small bit of pelvic pain lately but acupuncture is really helping. QUOTE]

Really?
    I didn't know that could help with pelvic pain...I'm finding it hard to walk at the moment!

Well ladies had my appointment today and I am delighted that little miss got her act together and flipped she's head down and fully engaged - I might finally get my natural labour :-D

I'm so happy today even with the heat tryin to kill me.

We bought a paddling pool for the smallies and I am ashamed to admit I sat in it for most of the day (beached whale ahoy) it was just heaven!

How are all you ladies doing with this heat

Lucuma wrote: »
    emer_b wrote: »
    Small bit of pelvic pain lately but acupuncture is really helping. QUOTE]

Really?
    I didn't know that could help with pelvic pain...I'm finding it hard to walk at the moment!

Yes really! I was actually surprised myself that it worked. I've been going for regular acupuncture for about 12 years now and she is also like my therapist for all my woes so I enjoy going.
    I flew through my first pregnancy and not doing too bad this time round either, I give a lot of credit to my acupuncturist. She pushes me to live a healthier lifestyle and eat well which is probably a better, holistic approach to everything! She was also my lactation consultant for my first, would be lost without her.

• Advertisement

Kaylami that's brilliant that baby is engaged. Nice to know you should be able to go naturally.
    Had a good laugh about the paddling pool. I couldn't be arsed filling one for my little girl this evening so I took out her tiny little baby bath and let her have a splash in that. At least it's out and washed now for the new arrival!

hiya ladies

had my first meltdown tonight

is it possible to feel even more nervous about the impending arrival of a child second time round?

it doesn't help the fact that my best mate had her baby 2 weeks ago...7 weeks early. Both doing well.. baby still in hos but doing well..

but it has knocked me for six. I feel nervous and anxious since it happened.
    today was my worst day yet. had a panic attack in tesco carpark...cuz.. well.. just because I guess.. I'm not sure why.

its like every twinge I feel.. I'm wondering is this it...
    I am feeling kicks and punches a lot stronger this time round... so maybe that's it..

but I just feel like my head is fried and I'm so much more nervous...

I wouldn't mind but I'm only 31 +4
    I went over by 11 days last time and had to be induced. maybe it's cuz last time It all happened in hos in a controlled environment and this time it could happen any time any where...maybe

who knows

feel a little better for even writing this.

Sorry for rambling xx

Just let it out!

I feel the exact same and this is no 3 for me! I thought I was going to have another section but now that I know I'm having a vbac every twinge makes me think thus is it! I cried the ither evening watching one born saying to my husband I don't want the baby to come out!

I'm 34 weeks today and been having braxton hicks every bloody evening!

If you need to rant that's what we are here for x

Hugs x

Kaylami wrote: »
    Just let it out!

I feel the exact same and this is no 3 for me! I thought I was going to have another section but now that I know I'm having a vbac every twinge makes me think thus is it! I cried the ither evening watching one born saying to my husband I don't want the baby to come out!

I'm 34 weeks today and been having braxton hicks every bloody evening!

If you need to rant that's what we are here for x

Hugs x

yeah himself won't let me watch one born any more haha

feeling better today.. obviously a big cry really does clear the air

I really thought going into this pregnancy it would be a walk in the park emotionally as I'd been there done that worn the tshirt so to speak... but I am defo more nervous

here's hoping after he is born it will all feel more relaxed cuz we will actually have a clue this time :)

thanks again x

I'm definitely more nervous about the birth second time round. I suppose I was blissfully unaware first time! Even though I had a uncomplicated delivery, it was very slow and I hated every minute I stayed on the hospital ward, so not looking forward to that again. I stayed an extra night (3 in total) to get more help with breastfeeding but on hindsight I'd have been better off to go home and pay for a lactation consultant to visit me.
    I have fears this time of having a much faster labour and giving birth in the car on the way in! Have even planned keeping lots of towels in the car.
    Just want to get it over and done with!!

Jeez ladies I can't relate at all....no.1 for me and I'm actually really excited and looking forward to the big day! After waiting for so many years (my whole adult life anyway) for this moment I can't wait to just be IN the moment. It's surely the biggest thing I'll ever do or achieve and will be the most intense experience I reckon I'll ever have so bring it on I say :-)

1st timer here as well Lucuma & really looking forward to it all starting! I imagine the experience ladies on here will be rolling their eyes reading this but I'm honestly not nervous at all about the birth - that could all change when I actually go into labour but I hear staying calm helps & I'm not one for a lot of drama so fingers crossed!

In for 32week checkup so everything going to plan, heart rate is strong & babas head appears to be down, hopefully it stays that way! Starting to get pressure in my ribs, inevitable I guess as I'm so short! In & out of appointments in no time compared to the last time, just as we'll with the heat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

First time posting on this thread, very latet the table.

Anyway 31+1, had check up today. Babies are growing good and similar sizes which is great. Everything good with me too.

Baby 1 is traverse with head on right lying across bottom of my tummy. Baby 2 is breached. Just wondering if anyone knows when it will get to the stage that they are out of room? Really hoping not to be sectioned so hope they have enough time and room to move into position.

Will be trying everything to get them down!!!

Congratulations llambert and welcome. Think you're the only one on here expecting twins, must be hard work carrying two babies around in this heat!

Shortstuff and Lucuma, you are so right to be in that frame of mind and don't let anyone change that for you. You're right to be excited. That's exactly how I felt on my first and it was good for me to read that. I had a good experience on my first but I think I'm letting the thoughts of the hospital stay cloud my memories of it (cramped, hot and noisy!). I'm hoping to get out of there ASAP this time so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Posting from my hospital bed.

Woke up yesterday morning feeling very crampy and since it was my eldest birthday said nothing. By 2p.m. I was in tears to my OH persuaded me to go in.

Was given a drip / antibiotic and a lovely steroid injection in my bum that hurt way more than it should!

They don't think I'm in labour but can't explain the pains to me and to add I'm measuring 4weeks behind so have a urgent growth scan this mornin to look forward too.

I'm heartbroken I missed her party but it's good to know that I'm bein look after and we're in the best place for baby.

Ok rant over! I hope you ladies are fairing a bit better than me x

Advertisement