Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Oh you poor thing kaylami, you're in the best place anyway, hope you managed to get some sleep last night & your scan goes well this morning x. Have your own little party with your eldest when you get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Kaylami that's terrible. Are you still having pains? How did your scan go? Hopefully you have some answers by now.

Just had my 31 week growth scan. Anyone know if there's a way to extrapolate babies birth weight based on scan weight? Can't find much online so I'm guessing there's no reliable way of working it out. Baby is 3lb 12oz at the moment with head down and squirming about like a mad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

I'm not a 100% sure about this emer_b but I think that the scan weight is suppose to be fairly accurate but can be slightly off.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies

I have a bad kidney infection that's what is causing the pain with baby head on my cervix fully engaged.

The steroid injections have some horrible side effects hot flushes galore here!

Scan looked good I dunno why the doctor was concerned baby weighed in at 5lb 9. Now I know there is a margin for error on this but even the tech doin the scan said what was she on about

Have to stay in and be monitored but antibiotic are working and all looks good.

Thank you for all your concern!

Hope the anti biotics do their job for your infection & you they let you home! Great news on the scan, baby is a great size, must have been a relief!

Anyone having trouble putting socks on? Swear it's more of a workout than walking the dog!

• Advertisement

Socks? What are this socks you speak of!

I gave up on socks and shoes that had to be fussed with months ago. Living in my husbands flip flops most of the time.

My children seem to have followed my lead and it's crocs all the way .

I'm getting home today I hope really miss my babies.

Probably tmi but has anyone else had to use breast pads yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

llambert wrote: »
    First time posting on this thread, very latet the table.

Anyway 31+1, had check up today. Babies are growing good and similar sizes which is great. Everything good with me too.

Baby 1 is traverse with head on right lying across bottom of my tummy. Baby 2 is breached. Just wondering if anyone knows when it will get to the stage that they are out of room? Really hoping not to be sectioned so hope they have enough time and room to move into position.

Will be trying everything to get them down!!!

I was at an antenatal class and there was a woman expecting twins there. Hers are both breech and she's 32 weeks so she asked the same question. The midwife giving the class spoke a good bit about twins and breech etc, thankfully it's still fresh in my mind!
    She said that if the first one is not breech and the second one is (don't know how you tell first and second though?!) you can still have a vaginal delivery. So as long as the first one is not breech and their head engages, they can be born vaginally and the second one can be born breech vaginally (coz everything has just stretched to let no.1 out). However if both of them are breech then it has to be a c-section.
    That lady was 32 weeks and still thought there was time for hers to turn but the midwife said something like 'well it's starting to get cramped in there now and at 34 weeks you'd be starting to think of taking twins out' basically the way I read her answer was she was trying to say nicely to the lady that she would probably be having a C-section at this stage. Your situation is a bit different though as you have one traverse so you might still have hope of a vaginal delivery...

Thanks Lucuma. Not back in hospital till 34 weeks I suspect that if babies are not in correct position by then the decision will be made for a c-section.
    Nearly sure that the Prof I'm under said in our first appointment that both babies had to be in a downward position but not 100% sure as I was hit with so much info that day, maybe it was as long as one was engaged. Could be that different hospital have different policies.
    Don't have my ante-natal classes till July so can find out then.
    As much as I love to have them myself I know that its out of my hands and once they arrived safely that's all that matters.

No socks here either, it's sandals all the way! Bought myself a nice pair of Birkenstocks at the weekend. I've saved a fortune by not buying clothes over the last few months.
    Glad to hear you're a bit better kaylami. About the breast pads, no not yet thankfully. Are you leaking milk already? Didn't know that happened until after the birth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Socks are HARD work! So glad it's summer and we can manage without! Only thing is with runners for exercise and i have to cross one leg over the other to get them on!

• Advertisement

Yes I started leaking milk about 3weeks ago it's got heavier this week.

Maybe it was hearing the new borns in the hospital for the past few days I don't know! It's quite embarrassing at this early stage...

Yes runners are a bit of a problem alright but I usually just get my husband to help with that.

My little girl helps as much as she can with bending and all that as she says to my younger one "mamma is too enormous to pick up our toys" I felt awesome hearing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Kaylami wrote: »
    Yes I started leaking milk about 3weeks ago it's got heavier this week.

Maybe it was hearing the new borns in the hospital for the past few days I don't know! It's quite embarrassing at this early stage...

Yes runners are a bit of a problem alright but I usually just get my husband to help with that.

My little girl helps as much as she can with bending and all that as she says to my younger one "mamma is too enormous to pick up our toys" I felt awesome hearing that!

awww at least you're only getting enormous....my two year old daughter reply when I say I can't is mummy's too fat!!!!

I think I may have started to leak a bit. I noticed before my shower today.. either that or my new symptom is flakey skin on my nipples? ?

I think their daddy has them warned that fat is not a word hormonal mammy wants to hear!

My 5year old seems to think every lady she sees now has a baby in her tummy after visiting me. My mum took her shopping and she said she nearly ran out of Tesco she was so embarrassed

All I can do is laugh

Ah girls we're only blooming!!!!

Yes I'm getting sick of the wide eye expression I've been getting these last couple of weeks. When people who don't know me ask when I'm due an I tell them they look at me and think 'Christ that girl must be having a hippo'. In fairness my bump looks ready to pop but I don't bother telling them it's 2.

I'm all bump so feel like one of these days I'll just topple forward!!

I thought my little girl (21 months) was getting the idea about me having a baby. I'd ask her "where's the baby?" and she'd rub my belly saying "baby".
    Now she rubs her dads belly, granny, grandad... everyone has a baby in their belly!!!

Ah emer_b that's so adorable. I'm sure when the baby comes along she'll forget about that cos she'll be too busy being 'Mammy'!!!

Ha socks & runners are strictly for walking the dog!! Sandals all the way otherwise, it's the one good thing about being due in the summer:) All your kiddies stories are so cute, gave me a giggle this morning!!

Shortstuff get yourself a pair Sketchers Go if you can. I walk everywhere in mine, I also have the joys of dog walking. They are lighter than air, super comfy, easy to slip your feet into and no socks :-)

Nearly sure that the Prof I'm under said in our first appointment that both babies had to be in a downward position but not 100% sure as I was hit with so much info that day, maybe it was as long as one was engaged. Could be that different hospital have different policies.

Yeah you could be right...this would have been CUMH policy that was being described that you could give birth vaginally to the 2nd twin breech as long as the first one wasn't breech. Re: engaging the baby's head do you have a birthing ball yet? I bought one at the weekend and pumped it up there the other night, the midwife that gave us the antenatal course said it's great for engaging the baby's head so she recommended we all start bouncing on one from 36 weeks. I'm sure in twin terms 32 weeks would qualify! It's actually really comfy. I got the 75cm one coz I'm tall (5'9'') but if you're under 5'5'' she said the 65cm one is fine. I had to go to three sport shops to find a 75cm one but they all had the 65cm ones. Surprisingly easy to pump up as well although from what you've described your hubby will be doing all that for you! ;o)

I've been using my exercise ball to sit on its the only way I can get comfy !

It was nearly impossible to find a 75cm one though!

Plus I would like to keep baby head down this time so posture is so important well so they keep telling me.

It's great for easing pelvic pressure

• Advertisement

Shortstuff get yourself a pair Sketchers Go if you can. I walk everywhere in mine, I also have the joys of dog walking. They are lighter than air, super comfy, easy to slip your feet into and no socks :-)

Ooh great thanks, I might just treat myself!!

Going to pick up a ball this weekend and start hopping on it. Ha definitely won't get to pump it up!! Now have a helper to do the weekly shop in the shape of my husband. Christ its enough to drive you mad with him following me around with the trolley. I'm too independent for this crack!! God love him after everything we went through to conceive he's just very nervous. These 2 won't be long knocking it out of him :-)

Doing my yoga too trying to create abit of space in there.

I bought a ball absolutely ages ago, must actually pump it up - did mention to my fiance but its still in the box, he's nowhere near as attentive as Mr llambert:) Baby is head down so best keep him/her that way!! Think youre allowed to bring it into hospital with you when you go into labour aswell so might be handy....

I bought a ball absolutely ages ago, must actually pump it up - did mention to my fiance but its still in the box, he's nowhere near as attentive as Mr llambert:) Baby is head down so best keep him/her that way!! Think youre allowed to bring it into hospital with you when you go into labour aswell so might be handy....

It's actually grand to do yourself, it's a foot pump. My advice is keep pumping though long after you think it's blown up. My first attempt I thought it was fully pumped up then I sat on it and was thinking 'surely it's not meant to be this low down?!" and I gave it another go and it grew considerably bigger. You have to keep pumping til it's really rock solid. I love sitting on it too, so comfy!

Ha ha girls I'll rent him out. Will say he's brilliant at the clothes. Does most of the washing & hanging out plus all the ironing!!!! This has always been the way not a pregnancy thing. Love this. Bought all the babis stuff last Thus. Vests, baby grows, dribble, sheets, blankets the lot. Left them all on the kitchen table. By Sunday all washed, dried and neatly folded on spare bed so I could put what I needed into my hospital bag. So I'll suffer the supermarket sweep for a few weeks:-)
    Think they usually have those balls in the hospital but doubt there's anything stopping you bringing your own. I shall definitely be bouncing from this weekend on!!! Yoga teacher keeps telling us to strengthen our legs for the labour so loads of squats and warrior 2 poses for me.

Kaylami wrote: »
    I've been using my exercise ball to sit on its the only way I can get comfy !

It was nearly impossible to find a 75cm one though!

I got one in Maher's sports on Maylor st in Cork. Neither Lifestyle nor Champion had 75cm (and Argos don't seem to have bigger than a 65cm online either). On the side of the 65cm box it said suitable up to 5'10'' but the midwife told us at the ante-natal class that your hip and knee should be level if the ball is the right size for you. I'm 5'9'' and with the 75cm ball fully inflated my hip and knee are just level so I think anything smaller and my knees would be above my hips

Ha ha girls I'll rent him out. Will say he's brilliant at the clothes. Does most of the washing & hanging out plus all the ironing!!!! This has always been the way not a pregnancy thing. Love this. Bought all the babis stuff last Thus. Vests, baby grows, dribble, sheets, blankets the lot. Left them all on the kitchen table. By Sunday all washed, dried and neatly folded on spare bed so I could put what I needed into my hospital bag. So I'll suffer the supermarket sweep for a few weeks:-)
    Think they usually have those balls in the hospital but doubt there's anything stopping you bringing your own. I shall definitely be bouncing from this weekend on!!! Yoga teacher keeps telling us to strengthen our legs for the labour so loads of squats and warrior 2 poses for me.

llambert a man like that is good at any time but you'll be particularly grateful for him with twins I'd say !! It'll be all hands on deck I'm sure :D
    Would you really wash brand new stuff from the shop? Why?

Midwife at ante-natal course said they have a normal and a big sized ball in CUMH but I'm going to bring my one in the car and send hubby out for it if necessary....I'm not taking the chances that someone else might be using the ball on the labour ward when I want it? It's a busy hospital like!

The washing of the new stuff would be my mother's influence. I doubt there's any rhyme or reason to it :-)

Ah it's better to have your own ball on stand by. Got mine today so will get bouncing the weekend.

June almost over, time is flying!!

I wash all new baby clothes too, especially anything that comes in direct contact with the skin ie vests and baby gros. I would still wash any new socks, pjs, vests for my toddler before putting them on her for the first time. I suppose you never know what residues may be on the clothes from the factory. Might be overkill but once you start it's hard to stop!
    Have been using my exercise ball all through this pregnancy for Pilates, it's so comfy. Had planned to bring it with me to hospital last time but used one of theirs instead. To be honest by the time I was halfway through labour I would have sat on anything to get comfortable! Probably a good idea to bring the bigger ball if that's what you need though, doubt the midwives would have time to go looking for a different size ball for you.

• Advertisement

At the antenatal course the midwife told us we can watch a video of labour on Youtube if we want to...(she had one but there was unanimous vote not to watch it at the class) so I had a look there! It never occured to me that people would put videos of their labour up on Youtube janey mackers....it was eh enlightening. I didn't realise the baby would be covered in blood so probably no harm to know so no shocks on the day when they put it up on me for the skin-to-skin!

Advertisement