Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

baby girl. Bronagh. 6 lbs 9 0z . c section. at 9.36 am . :) So in love x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

So. In for induction at 6am this morning.

I am now sitting on my couch at home drinking tea watching the heffalump movie with my daughter :(

The doc that saw me last week booked me in for induction last week on the day she saw me. Not fuc*ING today like she was meant to.

And add that to the fact that they wait till 42 weeks... not 41+3 (what I am today).

I'm back in again on Friday at 6am :(

They traced me. Scanned me. Gave me another sweep....

So its another waiting game

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Static that is infuriating!! I would be so seriously pissed! There's nothing worse than psyching yourself up for something and then being let down at the last minute.

In this Friday myself where they are going to decide whether to switch me to consultant led from the MLU, induction looking more and more likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Oh static you poor thing! That's a pain all right. Hopefully the sweep gets something moving for you.

Cameotte hopefully you go yourself and you can stay in the mlu !

These babies must be very comfy they have nearly all been evicted so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Baby boy born 26th @ 7.01pm 8lb1oz by emergency caesarean... He's a little star, love him to bits! Great little sleeper, have to wake for his feeds, breast feeding seems to be going well:) I'll give the long version another time!

Having trouble picking a name, really like James but it's very popular, no 2... Love Jacob but made the mistake of asking Mother in law to be what she thought of it, she asked my partner this morning if we had decided on a name & he said we hadn't, to which she responded 'thank god it's not Jacob, there's a child at school called that who wrecks my head'... Awful rude!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Congrats shortstuff, you made it to the other side!! Best wishes to you and your family!

Call baby what you and your partner want, would you believe I succumbed to pressure from the MIL on my second baby's name, and after she repeatedly ridiculed it in the hospital and made numerous phone calls about it, I gave in and picked another name at random which I have never gotten used to, Major regret. And this time would you believe my MIL is at it again - "you can't call him that" she keeps on saying, well this time I'll call him Strawberry Bleeping Shortcake if I want to. I wouldn't mind if the names we picked were unusual or odd- for all our babies we have picked bog standard run of the mill names -but the problem was they weren't what MIL would have picked. You kinda have to laugh at it sometimes, otherwise you would just tear your hair out with the craziness of it all.

Anyway mega congrats and hope you make a speedy recovery.

Baby boy born 26th @ 7.01pm 8lb1oz by emergency caesarean... He's a little star, love him to bits! Great little sleeper, have to wake for his feeds, breast feeding seems to be going well:) I'll give the long version another time!

Having trouble picking a name, really like James but it's very popular, no 2... Love Jacob but made the mistake of asking Mother in law to be what she thought of it, she asked my partner this morning if we had decided on a name & he said we hadn't, to which she responded 'thank god it's not Jacob, there's a child at school called that who wrecks my head'... Awful rude!!

Congratulations shortstuff!! Lovely news, hope you are recovering well! great that feeding is going well too.

I say go ahead and name him Jacob if you love it ;) it's a lovely name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congrats shortstuff! Jacob gets my vote, James is very popular, top 5 in Ireland last year in fact. Jacob is alot more unusual. Make the MIL squirm with shame by calling him Jacob after her saying that. Just coz someone you don't like is called a name is not a reason against the name itself! Well done on the breastfeeding, great to hear positive feedback about it most ppl have so many issues with it!

Congrats shortstuff I'm delighted for you!

I'm with the others Jacob is gorgeous don't mind your mil! Evie's full name is genevieve because I liked it and when I'm very cross she gets the full title. My mum doesn't like Evie but loves genevieve. It's your baby call them what u wan!

Hope the bf is going well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Congratulations shortstuff. Delighted that you've had your little boy. Stay on top of the pain with medication, don't let it wear off first few days!! I'm with the others call your baby whatever you like. I love either of the names you're thinking off.

How awful for you static. Sure you were tossing & turning all night thinking about it. Now you have to get yourself ready again. Fingers crossed you go yourself x x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Yea shortstuff, congratulations! I'm with the others on the name issue. You will be using it all day every day for a long time so go with what you love.

Static, so frustrating, really feel for you. I would be raging!

This is the slowest baby EVER! Have been having contractions for the last 36hrs. My clinic appt just happened to be this afternoon so went in and got the doc to do an internal exam to see if anything is actually happening down there. 4cm! I nearly kissed her! If she had told me it was false labour I'd have cried. She said the internal might speed things up a bit now so fingers crossed!

Oh yeah emerb!

Get walking try and convince that baby to come out! I really feel for you 36hours, you poor thing. Are they painful contractions?

tishandy wrote: »
    baby girl. Bronagh. 6 lbs 9 0z . c section. at 9.36 am . :) So in love x

Congrats tishandy, love the name, hope your recovering well:)

Thanks kaylami, they were pretty manageable until this afternoon, getting ready for the trip to the hospital now. It has to be tonight, tmrw morning! Contractions are so irregular though, up and down in intensity and in timing. Very non-textbook!
    Had a short walk, couldn't manage much.

good luck emer_b I really hope you don't have to wait for much longer!

Good luck emerb!

My contractions were never regular the ctg only picked up a handful through my whole labour so don't worry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

4 cm emer, you must have been delighted! Strange about the contractions but that happened to my sis in law on her first, she said the contractions followed no pattern either! she still ended up with natural labour. sometimes our body doesn't' follow the rules! Good luck with the delivery looking forward to hearing the news :-)

Baby girl Heather born at 10.16pm. For such a slow start it went incredibly quick at the end. Was waiting in agony on the epidural when midwife told me "you're 10cm now, time to start pushing!". Baby was born 15minutes later. I'm still in shock. Never thought I could do it without epidural. Well, more by accident than by choice in the end.
    I'd say I'll be up all night with her glued to my boob. She seems to only like the right one at the moment!
    Thanks for all the support ladies, hope ye're all keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Oh wow, up for early morning feed and checked here to see mega baby news. Huge congratulations EmerB, tishandy and short stuff. How very exciting to have so many new arrivals get here safely, well done to all.

static, I am in shock about your postponed induction, how frustrating when you had it all built up in your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Oh and if you really like James go for it - so what if it's popular? Nothing wrong with that, definitely not a reason to reject a name you otherwise love. And in any case, Ignore the mother in law entirely, not her decision.

• Advertisement

Congrats on baby heather emerb!

Glad it went well for you x

Sent my baby off to school this morning crying my eyes out. The toddler is also not impressed!

Hope all our new mammies are settling well!

Congratulations emer b! I LOVE the name heather, beautiful x

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Congrats and fair play to you emerb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Woohoooo emer_b

Muchos congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Massive congratulations to you emer-b. Fair play doing it without the epidural. Gorgeous name x x

Ah Kaylami first day is hard I'm sure but it will get easier. I remember my Mam nearly doing cartwheels when the 4 of us went back to school!!!!

I feel like a super hero today. Both boys went down last night after their bath, same at 10 & 2 feeds with no messing from them. Woke when they were suppose to except the 6 feed, they both woke 30 mins early but I can cope with that. All back in or beds by 7 and had a lively snooze till half 9. It might be broken
    but at least I'm getting 7 hours :-)

Wow congrats emer b! Lovely name:)

We have finally decided on a name, Shay! Partner had words with mother in law which I ended up having to smooth over, oh the drama! Anyway didn't go with Jacob as my partner wasn't really fond of it and he suggested Shay which was actually my granddads name & is a nice short strong name & most importantly suits him:D

Baby wasn't waking up for feeds & dispute me stripping him down, wetting him, he'd fall asleep within seconds of being put to breast. Anyway after saying it to several nurses, hand expressing, turns out the poor divil had a lot of wind which makes them sleepy, who knew... Lots of talk of dehydration, jaundice (ques baby blues) but think we have Shay sorted now! Such a huge learning curve...

That's great going llambert ! Hopefully that will continue.

Short stuff I love that name that was always my no1 boys name. Hope your feeling good and get sorted with the bf!

Had to take Evie to the doc today to get weighed , they are monitoring her weight closely because of her mouth delighted she's weighing in at 9lb 9 that's up from 8lb 13 in 4weeks.

However are you ready for a rant?
    It wasn't my usual doc today so she did a proper check turns out the referral was never sent to temple street for her lip tie they also missed the fact she has a tounge tie and a clicky hip there is also a growth on her ribs that had to be xrayed so we had to go straight to a&e with her. Spent the day in the hospital having loads of tests done they have no idea what is wrong I'm worried sick and Evie is completely out of sorts now.they have sent us home to wait for results. I dunno what to do. It just seems like one thing after another!

OK I feel better now I got that off my chest.

Hope all you new mammies are doing well x

Oh god kaylami, that is so scary for you and Evie, my heart goes out to you. Can't believe the doc didn't send the referral letter, that's just rediculous. Hard enough to deal with her medical issues without them causing delays & added stress. Did they say how long test results would take?

Thanks shortstuff.

We should know by Monday at the latest.
    The paediatric consultant thinks its nothing to worry about so I'm trying to focus on that!

• Advertisement

Kaylami sounds like you had a horror of a day, poor Evie. Must be hard not to worry, easier said than done. Will be thinking of you all.

Hoping to get home today. This place (limerick) is so short staffed though, really hard to get anyone's attention to get anything done. Asked to see a breastfeeding nurse 3 times yesterday and still haven't seen one. I'm not having major issues but if I was I'd probably have given up by now.
    So excited about getting home, hope everyone doing well.

Advertisement