Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

wishing you the best of luck shortstuff! Can't wait to hear more baby news!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Stubborn is right, could be getting that from me or daddy!! Only getting my head around induction now, really thought I'd go into labour last night so kinda put it to the back if my mind... Ah well at least babs will be here sooner rather than later:) Hopefully you'll go before Wednesday staticdoor!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Here's hoping. But I've planned for wed now so no biggy. Off to buy coal and fire lighters and oil today to keep the new pooch warm. Tis rotten here in the wesht today! !!

Can't wait for it all to be over and meet my son wooohoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Congratulations morebabies. Delighted for you, hope you're settling in at home and the bf is going well x x

Good luck shortstuff with the induction. Hope your little bundle arrives safely and fast!!

Thanks Lucuma, yes there is a IMBA in Galway. Next meeting start of Sept. Hope I can go but depends on the time cos I still won't be able to drive so hope its in the evening.

Adam still has his awake time from 10pm
    till anytime up to the 2am feed. Even the bath yest evening didn't do anything. Hope he figures out day/night soon. It worked for Cian though. Had to wake him for his 10.30 & 2.30 feeds. He woke at 5. I only slept from 3-5 so brought him into bed to settle him. I was so tired I fell sleep with him on my chest till 6.30. At that stage hubby had Adam sorted (I never heard anything). Hubby pissed me off though asking Cian how long Mammy had spoiled him. We had said we wouldn't put them into bed but the tiredness makes that go out the window. Easy for him to say when he slept from 11-6. I'd love to take a baby each but he travels for work so don't want him wrecked behind the wheel.

But on a positive note, first day on my own. Babies & me fed, bottles made, Mammy dressed & floor swept!! Go me....

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Well done llambert!

I found the johnsons baby bedtime bath stuff great its a lilac bottle for settling them at night I still use it if Mia is acting up.

Induction is really not that bad! Everything is controlled and the good drugs are close by!

Wishing you all the best of luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Congratulations Morebabies! Great to see the babies all coming along at last.

We are finally getting the hang of the feeding (sort-of). I have been getting tons of support and got a private lactation consultation as well as it was tough going for a while but grtting there now I hope. But not putting myself under pressure either - if it doesn't work out, I'll know I've done my best and I find it quite liberating to have come to this conclusion which makes things much easier and hopefully more likely to succeed. This is quite a departure for me as usually I am very hard on myself so motherhood has obviously changed me a bit!

I am not feeling as utterly shattered tired as I had expected, I think I really was expecting worst case scenario in terms of sleep so I know I am very lucky to be getting some good naps in.

For those who have given birth, how is your recovery going? I am surprised how light my bleeding is - I was expecting something at least equivalent to my miscarriages for the first few weeks but it very quickly settled down to light bleeding like day 4 or 5 of a period. I still feel bruised and battered in the, ahem, undercarriage, but thankfully getting no specific pain from my stitches even when using the toilet. I do find it tough to stand on hard surfaces or walk for anything more than a few minutes, I get quite an achey feeling. So just wondering how others are getting along with physical recovery in the second week post-birth and afterwards?

Fiona-f delighted to hear you're getting on so well and that so far the bf is going well.

Afraid I can't help with the post birth low down as I had a section. I was feeling smug as first three days had very little bleeding so I was thinking that must be one of the only plus sides of a section but last three weeks have had a period like bleed. Easing last day so hoping its coming to an end. I'm feeling back to myself but know I still have to take it easy for another 2 weeks. Getting out for a little walk everyday though the last week. Only 20 mins but great to get out.

I'm wondering how bad the 'overhang' from the section will be. Guess I'll have to
    wait and see. Not like I'll be parading around in a bikini anytime soon :-)

Fionaf - my bleeding has been on and off since she was born but hasn't been heavy since day 4 or 5 after birth. Took about 10days for the feeling that I had been kicked in the whoha to ease. I had no stitches but my baby was a. Big one! I couldn't sit down to go to the toilet for about ten days either. Glad the bf is goin well for you it's great when you get the hang of it.

Llambert - I don't have a overhang from my section? For a while it looked puffy and a bit odd one side was pulled tighter than the other but I was parading around in a bikini in no time. Lol. This time I def have a mummy tummy but feck it I got the ring on my finger I can let myself go to hell and he can't do a thing about it (que evil laughter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Hi Fiona, what did you call your little boy? Maybe I missed it in a previous post.
    Still waiting on my little one, 3 days over now. Not uncomfortable or in any pain but I'm so mentally ready now. And all my stockpiling is starting to dwindle!!! I'll have to go to lidl again soon if baby doesn't show up.
    As for recovery (with my first), sounds similar to yours Fiona. Think the bleeding stopped completely by 10 days and was never more than a heavy period for first few days, quite light after that. I realised after about 5 days that it was the bulkiness of the maternity pads that was making sitting uncomfortable so I switched to Always Nighttime. Had a few stitches also and was surprised how little pain they caused. Glad to hear you're doing well and it's not as bad as you expected. People love to fill you with horror stories, not so many tell you that it can be ok (ish) sometimes!

Thanks for the good luck messages ladies... Induction process has been started anyway! Arrived in at 7pm, had a trace which showed up contractions that I wasn't aware of which is promising, could have been Braxton hicks but were fairly regular. Internal exam wasn't too bad at all & mid wives have all been lovely. Went over my birth preferences & how some have to change with induction but feeling optimistic. Bishops score was only 2 & was given 1/2 dose of the usual level of the gel. Getting another exam & gel at 7am. Have an IV line in which was very painfully inserted & feels really awkward now. A little bit of cramping but nothing major. Tens on & gentle birthing tracks on repeat!

Slept really badly but that's due to the loudest snorer in the world in the bed next to me (despite a 4bed room) :( Same women had her partner in til nearly 11 & making phone calls in the middle of the night... No ear plugs/headphones in the world would be strong enough to zone her out! Definitely recommend having an eye mask, headphones & earplugs in your bag anyway.

• Advertisement

Hi shortstuff, best of luck today. Hope things move along nicely for you today. Must stick in my earplugs in my bag. Some people have no consideration in shared rooms, especially when they're yapping on the phone. I'd be mortified if everyone could hear my conversations!

Been awake since 3am with early contractions. They're quite irregular, started off at 8mins apart but then went to 12/13, back to 9 now. I haven't had any Braxtons before so I'm not 100% sure if this is the real thing. But seeing as it's going on for 3hrs now I'm hoping it is real! I'm 4 days overdue now so about time anyway. Might be sharing the date with you shortstuff. Fingers crossed!

Oh that's great news emer_b, sounds like the real thing if you've had 3hours worth! Fingers & toes crossed they get nice & regular for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Best of luck Short stuff and Emer b. We could all be today! I'm sitting here in Limerick maternity with my very sexy surgical stockings on, waiting for hubby and then onto theater for a c
    section. O.o

About time we had a few more babies here! Good luck tishandy! At least you know it'll definitely be today. Let us know when you're able, look fwrd to hearing.
    Not so sure about me. Have stopped timing, dropped back to nearly 20mins apart so I just slept for an hr or so. God I was hoping this would be faster than last time (28hrs) but not looking likely! Will sleep as much as I can for now. Could be a busy day

Good luck ladies!

Oh my Jesus. No action for weeks. Then we will prob all pop today or tomorrow! !!!

Oh good luck today all of you!

I'm so excited to have more babies on the thread!

Sooooo exciting. Good luck ladies. Looking forward to hearing the news x x

Me too. Looking forward to beING able to bend over with out soundin 72 :)

Only 72 staticdoor? I was definitely pushing 90 with my grunts my 86 year old granny was moving faster!

Evie slept from 1 to 4 to 7 and then till 10 was a tough night himself took her from 11 till 1 and thought he was fantastic - I'll quite happily kill him yet. "your honour it was my hormones I swear"

Kaylami wrote: »
    Only 72 staticdoor? I was definitely pushing 90 with my grunts my 86 year old granny was moving faster!

Evie slept from 1 to 4 to 7 and then till 10 was a tough night himself took her from 11 till 1 and thought he was fantastic - I'll quite happily kill him yet. "your honour it was my hormones I swear"

I do believe any female judge will let that stand in court haha

• Advertisement

Thanks staticdoor! Although if they see this they will realise it was premeditated.

Have everything ready for school on Thursday. I really can't wait she's a great help but keeping her and the toddler entertained is hard.

I finally tackled the mountain of washing today I'm ready for nap!

I'll be up in court with you. Mine didn't settle from the 10-2 feed. We nearly killed each other at 1 this morning.

I know the boys are playing me for a fool and its me that's getting them into bad habits. I keep cuddling them to try settle. Each time I put them down they pop up again. Can't blame them Mammy's chest is more smug than a cold basket. So tonight no more long cuddles.........

Llambert I had all my babies inthe bed with me and Mia lived in my arms. Didn't bother with the Moses basket and they went into cots no problem.

I'm a firm believer that you can't spoil a baby at that age and do what you gotta do to get some rest.

We could be each others alibis . . .

Any news from our ladies in waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Bronagh Fennell 6 lbs 9 oz . c section 9.26 am. I love her. I'm having a hard day I must admit. I was waiting ages in theater for two doctors . my husband while waiting outside heard a nurse giving out to the doctors that I was waiting and had my spinal done. I had my tubes tied after the section which took an hour. By time I got to recovery anesthetics were wearing off. pain hit me like ton of bricks at 12.30. mini nervous breakdown but midwife to the rescue. They have patience of saints.
    .... spinal. After the c section I had my tubes ti

Congrats tishandy! Gorgeous name.
    Sorry that your having a hard time today! Hope it., improves

Big hugs to you x

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

tishandy wrote: »
    Bronagh Fennell 6 lbs 9 oz . c section 9.26 am. I love her. I'm having a hard day I must admit. I was waiting ages in theater for two doctors . my husband while waiting outside heard a nurse giving out to the doctors that I was waiting and had my spinal done. I had my tubes tied after the section which took an hour. By time I got to recovery anesthetics were wearing off. pain hit me like ton of bricks at 12.30. mini nervous breakdown but midwife to the rescue. They have patience of saints.
    .... spinal. After the c section I had my tubes ti

Congrats, best wishes to mommy and baby and what a beautiful name. Sounds like you had an awful ordeal in the theatre, very prolonged. The pain will seem unbearable at first, I had my section a week ago and thought i'd never be right again, well yesterday and today i didn't need painnkillers and even hoovered and mopped house. You'll get there. Just take one day at a time. :)

Congratulations tishandy! Tough day for you. Hope you're getting the chance to enjoy your new little lady now. Tmrw can only be easier!

No progress here. Contractions all day but no stronger or closer together. I was convinced it was kicking off lastnight so quite disappointed. Have no idea if it's BHs or just slow early labour. Went for acupuncture and a walk this afternoon. Suppose I should get some sleep now

Massive congratulations tishandy on the arrival of Bronagh. That's awful that your pain medication wasn't managed well but like morebabies said you won't be long recovering.

God morebabies take it handy don't do yourself an injury. I'm almost 4 wks post section & even though I feel I can do it all I'm waiting for the 6 weeks to be up before doing anything heavy. Not that I miss the housework.

I know what you mean Kaylami but ended up with the 2 of them in our bed last night and neither me or hubby got any sleep. Bathed them both earlier. Cian is out for the count but having a battle of the wits with Adam. Must have picked him up 15 times in the last 90 mins. Could be a long night but need to do it cos none of us are sleeping properly the other way either!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Huge congrats tishandy! Sorry you had such a rough time in recovery though. I love her name :) Hoping you have a ton of pain relief at your disposal now! xx

• Advertisement

My oh has been banished to the couch. That way he gets to sleep I don't have to listen to him and Evie gets most of the room in the bed. Win win!

You'll get there llambert your doin a fantastic job. This phase will pass and we will all sleep again!

Ah emer I really hope something happens for you soon!

Advertisement