Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

You'll be grand next wk shortstuff on your own. I was dreading it too but these 2 wks alone have started to get into abit of routine. I'm wrecked too but most nights managing to sleep from 11-2, 3-6 & 7-9.30. Some nights when they behave themselves hubby can do the 10 & 10.30 feeds so I'm in bed a little earlier. My upstairs is shameful just keeping on top of the housework downstairs thank God I don't have a big house!!

Did my first 5.5km walk today in 2 months. Have a wedding in 3 wks & realised last night that the jumpsuit I bought while heavily pregnant (never a good idea) won't allow spanx :-( so will have to go with my mum tum unhiden!! Next I need to tackle my biscuit addition, they're turning into my staple food.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

She goes 3 hours between feeds the lactation consultant we saw said I had a very fast let down maybe that's why?!

Llambert you had twins don't worry about your stomach I'm sure you'll be gorgeous! Where is the wedding?

My sil is gettin married in October so I hate to find a nice dress that I can still feed Evie in. I was suppose to be a bridesmaid and my oh is best man but I said what the hell an I suppose to do with 3kids then?

The wedding is in Kilkenny so it will be an over night trip. I'll be leaving the boys at home. My Mam & aunt are coming up to babysit. I'm dreading leaving them but first time will be the worst. Ha ha after that probably be no stopping me!!

I only know the bride & missed the hen 2 weeks ago where I could have met a few of the girls so could be a long wedding. But feck it will enjoy the night away cos our wedding anniversary is the week before.

Will it be tough enough trying find something suitable Kaylami with the bf? God yeah it would have been impossible to be bridesmaid with your hubby been best man. If you didn't have to feed Evie I'd leave the kids at home. Any chance someone could collect your older 2 kids from the wedding early to take the pressure off you??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Emer-b and fiona-f if ye want to talk about the birth post your birth story here we'd love to read them! That's what this thread is for! I'll be posting my own when I get back from hosp as I am a lady-in-waiting no more....baby Maeve was born yesterday weighing 9lbs 5oz :-) Kaylami my one is like Evie....she's a devil for falling asleep on the breast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

congratulations Lucuma was watching this thread to see how you got on!delighted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Lucuma wrote: »
    Emer-b and fiona-f if ye want to talk about the birth post your birth story here we'd love to read them! That's what this thread is for! I'll be posting my own when I get back from hosp as I am a lady-in-waiting no more....baby Maeve was born yesterday weighing 9lbs 5oz :-) Kaylami my one is like Evie....she's a devil for falling asleep on the breast!

Wooohoooooooooo congrats love the name xxx

Hope you are both well

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Ah great news Lucuma, hope Meave is good for you & you recover well! Make sure to ask for as much help with breast feeding in the hospital, it helps!

Cameoette, how are you getting on?

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway -Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda -Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda -Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz
    Morebabies Due Aug 13th-20th Castlebar -Baby Boy Born Aug 19th 8lb 6oz
    Dermighty Due Aug 13th Cork -Baby Girl
    Born Aug 22nd 8 lb 2oz
    Tishandy Due Aug 26th Limerick -Baby Girl Born Aug 26th 9.26am Bronagh Fennell 6 lbs 9 oz . c section
    Shortstuff! Due Aug 15th Mullingar -Baby Boy Born Aug 26th 7.01pm Shay 8 lbs 1oz . c section
    emer_b Due Aug 22nd Limerick -Baby Girl Born Aug 28th 10.16pm
    staticdoor71 Due Aug 17th Castlebar -Baby Boy Born Aug 29th 7.53pm Noah 11lbs 12.4 oz
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork -Baby Girl Born Sept 3rd Maeve 9lb5oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl

Congratulations Lucuma I'm absolutely thrilled for you and such a beautiful name.

We've come a long way after meeting on the ttc thread and now here we are mammies x x

Congrats lucama! Delighted for you.

Please do post I love reading everyone's experience

Ilambert my mum is going to pick up the girls after as they are flower girls but the is no accommodation at the venue so at least with Evie I have a excuse to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lucuma wrote: »

Huge congratulations Lucuma. So happy to hear that you've had your baby and all is well. Maeve is a beautiful name.

• Advertisement

Yeah this mama is getting the night off. Getting to sleep in my own bed & hubby is going in with the boys!!!

Bet I'll be still up for the 2am feeds......

Woohoo llambert! I'm well jealous.

Wish my oh could feed the chunky monkey.... Thinking meet the rockers type man suit....

Enjoy it and don't you dare get up for a feed u need a break x

Ha ha well that was a short lived high...

You can be jealous another time Kaylami. At half 9 hubby says "do you mind if I take the night off and do tomorrow night instead; my stomach is sore"

First off all a night off suggests he's been ON other nights. Second this is my 35th night. I was sectioned, guess how many nights I took off cos my stomach was sore, that's right a big fat zero. He's so bad he couldn't even do the 10 feeds with
    me.

Surprisingly I didn't kill him just said no bother. But to make sure I sleep through tomorrow nights feeds I'm going to get a nice bottle of red in the shopping tomorrow and have a glass or two of that and enjoy my night off.

Men are stupid & seem to walk around with a death wish.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Poor form from hubby llambert! Tut tut.....hope you get tomorrow night off now! Are u sure his stomach complaint wasn't nerves haha.
    Well I had a text book 'day 3', bawling crying this morning for no reason and then passed lots of clots- why doesn't anyone TELL you about this stuff?! I got the shock of my life, never seen anything so gross. After that had really bad after pains which brought me to tears. Hubby picked today to not show up in hosp til 1pm grrr....at least I got some hugs then. Started really feeling my stitches today too, am using the inflatable ring to sit on, SO glad I put that in the labour bag.
    Also loving the yellow line on pampers that goes blue when nappy is wet. Am counting & recording wet nappies on a chart as a measure of whether bf'ing is working and the satisfaction of seeing a blue line!
    Oh and forgot to mention got zero sleep last night coz too many new things to take in etc. Only thing stopping me from losing the plot is that breastfeeding seems to be working for me. Milk came in today! :-) so weird after 34 years to see milk coming out of one's nipples....kinda cool though :-) my new job as a milk machine begins!

Llambert that sucks men really don't have a clue. I would have killed him. Please try and enjoy tonight and enjoy the wine you def need a break.

Lucama - the clots are horrible. No one really mentions it. I passed a huge one a few hours after Evie it felt like another placenta I rang for the nurse crying my eyes out! I'm glad the bf going well for you.

Evie only woke 1 time last night to eat so this morning my boobs are so sore and engorged.

God I'm feeling like s**t. You have all these ideas before you become a mother and slowly but surely they all fly out the window.

First was the bf gone on day 3. Now I'm after caving & giving the boys soothers. Really should of stuck it out cos there's times they do settle but last 4 evenings one or both have been cross & unsettled from the 6 feed to the 10 feed. I'm beyond tired and all I wanted was to sit down & eat my dinner. It was Adam's turn this evening but eventually he woke Cian so the 2 of them were like a dawn chorus so caved. Now I'm sitting here crying like a lunatic. Not much better off cos Cian keeps dropping his every 20 mins. Know I'm setting myself up now is they'll probably look for it all the time & this is the only time for the night feeds that we have this problem. So bloody frustrating...

llambert wrote: »
    God I'm feeling like s**t. You have all these ideas before you become a mother and slowly but surely they all fly out the window.

First was the bf gone on day 3. Now I'm after caving & giving the boys soothers. Really should of stuck it out cos there's times they do settle but last 4 evenings one or both have been cross & unsettled from the 6 feed to the 10 feed. I'm beyond tired and all I wanted was to sit down & eat my dinner. It was Adam's turn this evening but eventually he woke Cian so the 2 of them were like a dawn chorus so caved. Now I'm sitting here crying like a lunatic. Not much better off cos Cian keeps dropping his every 20 mins. Know I'm setting myself up now is they'll probably look for it all the time & this is the only time for the night feeds that we have this problem. So bloody frustrating...

If its any consolation I've spent most of today in tears too. This little man roars. When you change him it's like your using a pliers to yank each toe off one by one.
    There is no waking. ..Then happy bouncy baby.. then gradual hunger.
    It's I'm awake. Start roaring. FeeD me now.
    He is so diff to our daughter. This is how we expected it to be FIRST time round.. but honest to god she was an angel and spoilt us.

I'm exhausted beyond belief.

And I think my hormone levels are taking a nose dive to add insult to injury!!!!

Llambert you poor pet , please don't be beating yourself up.

You are doing a great job.

Just do what you have to to get through this!

With k my eldest I bf for 2weeks with bleeding nipples before I cracked and gave her formula the guilt was unreal. I also gave her a dummy for the first few weeks just to get through it.

I tried bf again with mia ended up with a section only lasted 3days - no guilt at all!

It didn't make a difference to their development or immunity to every bug going!

Motherhood can be bloody awful. This evening Evie screamed for 4hours while I tried to soothe her the toddler drew on my freshly painted wall put her doggy that she can't sleep without in the bin and ate some washing powder. My eldest told me its not fair she has to d everything and threw a right strop because "I'm mean" all this and the oh swans off to football without a care in the world.

But the first smile, first words,first steps all the firsts make every bit of it worthwhile.

You have it twice as hard and you are an inspiration to us all so don't be so hard on yourself.

Chin up and just think when they are teenagers we can wake them every morning as payback. When they are hungover and feeling very ill we can cook big greasy frys just to make it worse. We can withhold money for credit & new clothes....

That's what gets me through :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Great words of wisdom kaylami. Sorry to hear how tough it is llambert. Please don't beat yourself up over the soothers. If it works and makes your life a little easier, then it will be easier and happier for everyone. I nearly drove myself mad thinking everything I was doing was causing bad habits, soothers, sleeping in my arms, giving in to the tears...but you know it really doesn't matter in the long run. They're just too small for it to really matter now. I sorted out my daughters sleep at 6months, when she was big enough, and she brings a soother to bed now (23 months) and it's no big deal!!

I think the baby blues hit me today. Just felt really sad for no reason and needed a good cry. Have visitors staying at the moment and even though they're no trouble, and are helping with my older girl, I'm finding it stressful just having extra people in the house and having to talk to them. Sounds selfish but I'm hiding out in my room now for some me time with baby. She is being just brilliant, since about day 4 (11 days old now) she's been sleeping 4 or 5 hr stretches at night and doesn't even wake up cross, just squirms around for up to half an hr until I muster up the energy to pick her up. She's a pure dote, I'm so lucky

Rant of the day!

Was looking forward to a lazy Sunday where I could stay in my pjs guilt free and got a phone call to say the extended in-laws are coming.
    Had to clean the whole house and get dressed...

Grrr....

• Advertisement

Thanks for the words of wisdom girls. Soothers didn't last too long only that evening cos neither could keep them in their mouth & cried overtime they came out. If they continue been so unsettled I'll try them again in another week or 2. They didn't improve any over the wknd from 6-10 but will just keep going as they're still too young to really get it. You're right emer-b if they were single babies I wouldn't even be trying to keep them in a routine so young so will try keep that in mind.

Static hope your little man improved over the wknd. They do say second babies are easier especially boys but maybe its a huge lie to get us to go again!!

I know I have the 2 boys but is no more challenging that you ladies with a newborn and older children.

Kaylami hope your visitors weren't too much for you. I wouldn't have bothered with the housework. Sure people understand you've a newborn & with the two older girls you've enough to be doing.

I got into town Saturday & had a lovely walk with the boys, dog & hubby Sunday afternoon in local park. Paid for it with the tiredness now but it's a long week on my own so just got out when I could.

Morning ladies...
    Things have somewhat slightly improved. Infacol before feeds. Different baby.
    He's a hungry chunky monkey though. He's feeding about 7 times a day.. and just took a 5oz bottle.
    He's getting easier to settle tho.
    My daughter is playing up a bit tho. "I don't like that...." is her new thing fir everything. It was her cot yest. Then me. Then smoothies... etc etc. When noah gets his blanket she needs hers etc. I know it's all a massive curve ball for her.. 8 feel terrible that she's not getting as much attention as she used to. I dunno what more I can do tho

That's great Static, is that stuff fir colic? At least he's settling after his feeds so hope you're getting done sleep....

That's the frustrating thing with mine. At night they settle very easy after the 10,2 & 6am feed. Its just the evening 6 feed that they don't. Maybe its cos I bring them from downstairs up to their baskets but I have to bring them up at some stage.

I don't know what you can do with your daughter. The only thing is she'll soon get use to Noah. Another while she'll probably ignore him till he's abit more "interactive"!!! Think all kids are the same. My neighbour called in last wk with her 3 year old and as soon as she seen the milk bottle it was all she wanted and she's off them this long time.

The infacol is great Evie loves to store up all her wind untill about 8 in the evening then screm the house down. But once she settles we get a big sleep.

My 1 year old didn't have any heed in the baby untill now. Now she loves the baby and the baby's dummy and the babies toys and the blankets. She's a witch.

Evie seems to have settled into a routine feed at 11, feed at 4 feed at 8 straight to sleep after but only if she's in mommys bed. If I put her in the cot she roars! She's nearly outgrow her Moses basket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hi ladies!

Lucuma, huge congratulations on the birth of baby Maeve. Beautiful name! Glad breastfeeding is going well for you!

My baby girl was born last Friday 5th Sept at 4.15am weighing 10lbs 4oz. I was induced and unfortunately wouldn't be able to add my story under the positive induction stories thread I've seen here, but she's here and she's safe and I am very relieved to be home with her.

Breastfeeding, she had a few glucose probs initially so we were combination feeding her and she still gets about 35ml formula each night now. Milk is nearly in, I had a post-delivery haemorrhage so it's been a bit slow to kick in but I'm told that's normal.

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing ok. Nothing could have prepared me for the day 3/4 tears, woah! x

At last Camoette! Congratulations!

Kaylami sounds like we have exactly the same nighttime pattern, 11pm/4am/8am. Same with the sleeping arrangements too. I have Heather in the bed with me, just the 2 of us, would be too stressed with hubby there aswell. I'm desperate to get her into the basket though. Slightly uneasy about cosleeping, but my back and pelvis are wrecked from sleeping like a statue every night. Any ideas for moving her into the basket? She lasted 30 mins in it last night but never really settled.

Congratulations Camoette. Sorry that you didn't have the easiest of times but like you said baba is here safely x x

Emer-b think you might have to get tough. I'd a similar problem with my 2 that they wanted to be cuddled from 10-2
    am in our bed but just kept putting them in their baskets. Left them cry a minute, picked them up, comforted them & bk in. Took some effort but now go down no issues after 10,2 & 6 feeds. Only if I could manage it after 6pm feed but most nights only find success with one of them not both........its the holy grail now as far as I'm concerned!!

Thanks llambert, I suppose I know I just have to persevere. Will power is so low at 3am though! I think I'll have to make an effort to start today though, for my own sanity!

• Advertisement

Oh I know that feeling very well and chance of tears very high!!

Also I found that taking the boys out of their baskets during the day & putting them in a travel cot for daytime naps helped also. I only move them upstairs to their baskets after the 6pm feed, granted I spend alot of time upstairs too but have to start somewhere and pray they get it soon!!

Advertisement