Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Excellent news static only a week left maximum!!!! At least you know now when the end is. It will be a great bonus to ho yourself in the mean time x x

Emer-b sure you're well fed up. I thought after 3 babies by Aug 01st this was going to be a quick thread.

I'm trying to feed the boys on a schedule 30 minutes apart. Adam is a devil to try get awake for the few hours during the day the last few days. Its a nightmare cos I'm up with Cian during the day and Adam at night. I know they will only be 3 weeks tomorrow so can't expect miracles but lack of sleep is a killer.

Cabin fever setting in too. This is definitely the worse thing about a section. I feel grand but know I've another 3 wks of rest. Even if I could get out for a good walk it would be something. Better to just wait it out now or I'll only set myself back.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Well... finally some light at the end of the tunnel... Booked for induction 6am Wednesday wooohooooooooooo

Sweep done too but not hopeful... didn't work last time... just so so happy to finally have an end in sight. The woman I had today was the salt of the earth. Lovely. Checked me over said we best set you a date. I said is it worth doing a sweep? She said sure let's try.. and that was that. Lovely. It was not as bad last one.. but he will forever be known by me as doctor shovel hands :)

Aw fab that you have an induction date! That must be a great feeling just having the date set and sure if things kick off between now and then all the better?

I am hoping for a midwife with dainty little hands tomorrow..!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Great news static door, the end is in sight! Hopefully we'll both go the day before induction or sooner of course!!

Good luck tomorrow Cameoette:)

Went to a Le leche league meeting today, thought being around all the cute babies would spur mine on into making an appearance!! No luck but was a lovely meeting, everyone was so nice & a grand way to pass the morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Good luck tomorrow cameotte!

Glad there is a end in sight for you staticdoor.

My complaint of the day is sore nipples. She has. A really strong suck and my god latching on hurts for those few seconds. She won't settle for my oh at all just wants me all the time it's great for the ego but I need a break! Goin to the bathroom is the only alone time but my toddler is starting potty training so comes with me.

I vaguely remember the old days when goin to the toilet was a solo activity.

Hope your all well x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

For you Kaylami!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

30 hours of contractions so far.

Luckily herself is now sitting in the pool in the hospital, 41 + 1 weeks. No induction needed for this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

fall wrote: »
    Hi Fiona, congratulations and well done. I am due the 2nd of January and also using the hypnobirthing CDs. Any other affirmations that you found helpful? I am also hoping for a minimal intervention birth.

To be honest, I can't recall any that stuck with me in the same way. My contractions came on very suddenly with a real fury so it was harder to build up my focus. I found a good playlist on my IPOD very helpful as well.

I am finally getting the hang of feeding, I think. It certainly does not come naturally but when it works, it's great. And a great way to get guaranteed baby cuddles!

Can't believe it's three full weeks into August already. This thread is definitely ready for some more babies! Best of luck to Mrs Dermighty, and everyone else who is waiting eagerly, hoping for safe healthy births for all of you.

Best of luck dermighty!

Emerb that really made me giggle! It's so true! I can't remember the last time I locked the door it's just pointless!

Fionaf I agree about the feeding it's not as easy as they make it look! It takes a while to get the hang of it! Even though I tried with the 2 eldest I'm only really figuring it out now with Evie. Contrary little thing likes different positions through the day.

I'm getting the troops ready to go shopping and its taking a lifetime! Dress one , feed the baby, catch the toddler, comfort the baby, stop the toddler eating washing powder, dress the baby, someone got sick - start again!

I think I'll send oh on his own and stay in my pjs eating snickers. Who said motherhood isn't glamourous!

Oh good luck Dermighty. Can't wait to hear of more little babies joining us!

Sweep is done, not pleasant but not too bad either. Midwife was a bit bossy and got a bit of an attitude because I brought my boyfriend in with me (first internal so I was a bit nervous and he had the day off!) but thankfully she had small hands lol so I guess I will forgive her. She said cervix was soft and I am 2cm dilated so I guess that's good! Just 8 more cm to go ;)

Even though my midwife last week was the one who suggested a sweep today, the different midwife today was like 'Usually we only offer them when you're overdue' and then she asked me if I would like one, and when I said 'If you think so' she wrote that I had requested a sweep in my file. This really pissed me off, I know it's a small thing, but I felt like she was making out that they were giving me the sweep because I was insisting on it...which I wasn't. Maybe it's just the pregnancy hormones, but grrrr.

I have a very little sister who's only 3 and she always follows me to the bathroom, even when I lock the door I can hear her breathing outside pretending to not be there!

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing well today?x

We survived our trip to lidl feel like a polar explorer! I'm exhausted after it.

Cameotte hopefully the sweep works for you! I know what you mean about them writing in your file. I was bouncing away on the ball with gas and air and my mw had a shift change. The new mw took a look and said she needs a epidural and wrote I requested it when like you I just agreed with what she said!

• Advertisement

Kaylami wrote: »
    We survived our trip to lidl feel like a polar explorer! I'm exhausted after it.

Cameotte hopefully the sweep works for you! I know what you mean about them writing in your file. I was bouncing away on the ball with gas and air and my mw had a shift change. The new mw took a look and said she needs a epidural and wrote I requested it when like you I just agreed with what she said!

honestly! What is that about! :rolleyes:

Glad you survived the lidl trip!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Just adding myself back in as I was missing from the last list :)

This is the longest week of my life. Every ache and twinge and I'm convinced I am in labour.

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Tishandy Aug 26th Limerick girl.
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Sorry tishandy, hope I haven't lost anyone else!

I know what you mean about the week being long! Baby appears to be ignoring the eviction notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Omg 9 more babies to come and it's already the 21st!!!!!!!!

You'll all probably go the same day!!!!

C'mon ladies join us in the crazy hormones running amok sleep deprived other side!!!!

Good luck dermighty. Hope the sweep gets you the last 8cm cameoette x x

Kaylami stay in your pjs now for the next 2 days to get over your big adventure today.

Just waiting to make my next round of bottles, never ending, but just had a lovely cuppa and dairy milk yum. Getting strict from next week though cos eating too much crap cos of the lack of energy. Have no pregnancy weight so don't want to be piling it on now.

Enjoy your chocie llambert! How did ya manage no pregnancy weight? Faced the scales this morning up nearly 3 1/2stone... OMG! Baby isn't even measuring big!

To be honest shortstuff have no idea how much I put on. Last weighed in the gp with 3 & half weeks to go. At that stage was up 2 stone.
    Doubt I put much on in the hospital for the 2 and a half weeks I was there waiting for these 2 cos the food was so awful.
    I don't own a scales but tried on some jeans last week and they fitted. Obviously got the jelly belly going on but didn't have a six pack before I got pregnant :-) plus its only been 3 wks.
    Weird thing is have a really bad sweet tooth but when I was pregnant didn't want half as much crap......strange!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Girl :)

Dermighty wrote: »
    Girl :)

Wooohoooooooooo congrats 😆

• Advertisement

Excellent news! Fill us in when you get a chance.

(Pregnancy insomnia tonight, so tired)

Welcome baby girl x x Massive congratulations Dermighty x x x

Getting great practice in for the night feeds emer-b :-) I'm half way through one down one to go......

emer_b wrote: »
    Excellent news! Fill us in when you get a chance.

(Pregnancy insomnia tonight, so tired)

Ditto to insomnia. Mixed with a twitchy leg I'm literally crawling the walls

Oh my god I'm still awake, this is so not like me! Feeling a bit achy/queasy.... could be the start of it, today is my due date.

Oh I hope so.......
    I have no idea if it is or not but maybe try a walk this morning if you still feel the same???

Congrats dermighty!

Oh emerb hopefully something is happening!

God I'm tired I'm starting to feel a certain amount of sympathy for dairy cows.

Nope false alarm. Just a horrible nights sleep.
    I can see cows from both sides of my house, last time around I used to feel great empathy and respect for them when I was glued to the couch breastfeeding!
    Just been for acupuncture. That might get things going!

Ah that's a pity it wasn't the real thing emer, happy due date none the less!!

Congrats Dermighty:) hope all are doing well!

41weeks today, long walk done, bath taken, spicy food & some action under the sheets next on the list;)

• Advertisement

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz
    Dermighty Due Aug 13th Cork -Baby Girl Born Aug 22nd 8 lb 2oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Tishandy Aug 26th Limerick girl.
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl