Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm more comfortable having her in the bed oh has been banished to the couch but I know with Mia what I did was put my pillow case as a sheet on the Moses basket mattress and swaddled her slightly and we had no problems. Once something smells like you and she feels cuddled.

That might help also if you have a clock that ticks loudly put it close to the basket reminds them of your heartbeat.

Congratulations cameotte I'm sorry your induction didn't turn out how you hoped !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congrats Cameotte! I thought my baby was big at 9lbs 5 oz but you had one big baby! Fair play to you, can't have been easy.
    Llambert I wouldn't worry at all about the soother, shur what's wrong with it? I gave Maeve one on the day we came back from hosp just to give myself a break. it's hard to get them to take it alright isn't it? We've developed a few techniques to get her to take it such as tapping gently on it when it's in her mouth or holding it in place with your hand gently around her face. I'm finding a good routine is feed her, then spend time getting her to take the soother in my arms, and then put her to sleep. works well SOME of the time. I swaddled last night for the first time, she seemed to like it, definitely rested easier in the Moses basket and they look sooooo cute when swaddled!! This was a red muslin swaddle, think the red colour just makes it look extra cute! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl Cameoette! Great weight:) Sorry to hear your induction didn't go well either, hope your recovering ok now! Are you home now?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

thanks ladies :) I know she was a whopper! Biggest baby on the ward and definitely the hairiest with a full mop of inch long dark brown hair. She's gas :D

Home now, think I've turned a corner today, was completely FLOORED by the baby blues since Sunday. Haven't had a teary today yet (there's still time though, lol). I feel quite traumatised and upset after everything that happened but each day that passes gets a little better.
    Baby is feeding well and she settled quite well last night too which was great so I got a bit of sleep. My graduation is tomorrow so first day out is turning out to be a big one. Nervous and excited too!

Lucuma I am doing the soother too, saved my bacon on the 2nd night and she finally slept! She doesn't seem to like being swaddled though, however cute she looks when swaddled.

Kaylami that's a neat idea about the pillow case I might try that in her Moses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Camoette she sounds adorable with her big mop of hair. Graduation, wow that is a big day out, you'll be star of the show with your little baby! Hope you have a lovely day.

I tried the cot again last night, no joy. Think she really doesn't like the swaddle, was boxing her way out. Brought her for Craniosacral today. No idea if it achieves anything but it was recommended by the lactation consultant after the tongue tie snip so I figured what have I got to lose! She just slept in the cot for the first time this evening until a fit of sneezing woke her. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not, but I'm hopeful she might sleep in the cot tonight and I might get a few proper hrs sleep, oh bliss!!

• Advertisement

Oh my god my poor boobs are in bits I don't know if she's hit a growth spurt but she's feeding for a hour at a time on both and feeding then every 2 hours.

I'm exhausted!

I'm going shopping tomorrow for a dress for her christening not looking forward to seeing my post baby body in all it's glory.

Had our 6 week check today all good she's 10lb 5 now. Can't believe she's 6weeks it's flown!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Don't worry about the swaddling emer-b. One of mine doesn't like it and has all blankets kicked off in minutes.

Hopefully she'll settle in the cot tonight. Maybe when she's a little bigger you could try her in one of those sleep/grow bag things. No harm if she's in the bed if you can sleep but when you can't she's gotta get into that cot!!!

Camoette enjoy your graduation tomorrow x

Wow Kaylami she's really thriving!! Think you should get advice on the bf that doesn't sound right. You can't keep that up, you'll be a wreck.

When are you having the christening? We've to wait till the first Sunday in Nov cos my sister is coming from London & she's has alot on in October.

I know I'm going to face the scales tomorrow for the first time at out 6 wk check up. Then its time to move my ass and stop having biscuits for breakie. Sure you'll get something that will be lovely on you. Can you not recycle what you're wearing to the wedding??

How did the cot go last night emer-b??

Went to a llc meeting this morning it was really great I asked them about her feeding and she's only actually feeding for the first 20mins then just using me as a soother after that I have to be very strict with her from now on.

Yeah they weighed me yesterday llambert it wasn't too bad I lost 35lb since she was born.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

llambert wrote: »
    How did the cot go last night emer-b??

She slept twice in it before midnight (it's actually just a big old pram that I can wheel around the house, very handy, bigger than a basket). Didn't settle in it at all after that though. She has picked up a head cold, probably from her big sis, and the poor pet was coughing and spluttering and sneezing all night. She woke every 90 mins I'd say (compared to every 4hrs!), but even though I was exhausted I felt so sorry for her. She was just sobbing from the discomfort of it. She has cleared out a lot today though and is having a big sleep now (why aren't I asleep??!!) so hopefully tonight will be better.

Ah emer-b the poor little pet, hope she's better soon & at least she's spending sometime in the cot!!

On a massive downer. Had our 6 wk check up & usually my gp is great but found her chap today.

The only thing she did with me was check my bp & felt my womb when I said I was still bleeding. End of my check up.

The boys are flying with the weights. They might have been a bit on the small side but are now 9lb 3 and 9lb 4.

Adam has a murmur. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but its upsetting all the same. Anyway she's sending a referral. I never thought till I got home of telling her I put them on my health insurance so will ring tomorrow. She said it could be 3-4 months before appointment so will see if I go through insurance will that shorten it any.

Wrecked tired now & hubby just in a told me his parents are coming for on few days on Sat. Really topped off my day!!

Llambert glad to hear the boys are doing well, hopefully Adam will be ok! I'm sure he will. Yes the check isn't very thorough she didn't even feel my stomach just checked the bp and weighed me. Sorry to hear the out laws are coming.

Emer sorry you wwe one isn't well my 3 all came down with the sniffles this week but it passed very quickly.

The toddler got her mmr today and she's like a bloody weasel after it...

Kaylami those kind of meetings are great. This week I went to my local bf support group on Tues and on Wed I went to the maternity hospital lactation consultant outpatient clinic. Both times had a 1 on 1 with a nurse or midwife, baby was weighed, checked for tongue tie, latch examined, my nipples examined (!) and also had chance to discuss any concerns. At both clinics I got to chat to other bf Mums which is worth so much. And all this is free of charge! In fairness there are gr8 supports out there for b'fing.
    Llambert did she not check your wound even?
    Great news about the boys weights :-) well done Mammy. Sorry to hear Adam has a murmur that's never a nice thing to hear but good that it's identified early. Did she say it's something that might right itself over time?

Those injections are never nice poor little thing Kaylami. Oh the thoughts of the outlaws but already told hubby I'm spending all day Sun catching up on sleep so at least that's some relief!!

Lucuma yes the murmur could disappear on its own. Its not too serious but you know yourself when you're so sleep deprived anything can make you have a breakdown.

The tiredness combined with hormones is a killer all right.

I cry at the stupidest things like if I have just washed the floor and the toddler decides to smear ketchup on it....

It's not her fault she's just a baby but its such hard work to do anything!

It's my birthday on Sunday so my mam and dad are coming down then the following Sunday Evie is getting christened and the Sunday after that is my grandad 80th birthday party. I'm dreading all the running we will have to do tbh.

I know all about the tears, have been doing a lot of crying since bubs was born. Mainly coz my bro & his kids never came in to visit me in hosp :-( when my sis had her 1st baby there in Jan he, d wife & 3 kids were her 1st visitors, they came at the earliest opportunity. Every day for the 3 days I was in hosp I'd wait during both visiting times & every day when they didn't come in I'd sink a little bit lower. Then on the day I came home the kids still weren't brought over to see the baby even tho they live right across the road! I'm fierce upset about the whole thing, has actually cast a downer over having the baby tbh & I thought nothing could! I'm trying now to put it out of my mind & focus on the positives!

Ah lucama try not to let it bother you. Maybe they just didn't want to over whelm you with visitors?

Big hugs for you anyway try not to feel down over it.

Big news in our house Evie slept from 11 last night to 7 this morning!

Kaylami wrote: »
    Ah lucama try not to let it bother you. Maybe they just didn't want to over whelm you with visitors?
    Big hugs for you anyway try not to feel down over it.
    Big news in our house Evie slept from 11 last night to 7 this morning!

Wow!! And she's a breastfed baby, that is amazing! You must have given her a monster feed for supper ; o)
    Nah unf it wasn't that...to borrow a phrase from an interview w/ Pat Rabbitte I heard on Newstalk today (he was talking abt his relationship w/ Joan Burton) there would be a 'lack of chemistry' btwn me & d bro's wife. Still tho I never expected they would drag it into d next generation & his kids mean d world to me & I really want any kids I have to be close to their cousins :-( It doesn't bode well 4d future.
    Anyway as my b.friend said to me I need to put all negativity out of my mind now & focus on my gorgeous darling baby girl who I'm incredibly lucky & grateful to have!

Wow Kaylami super jealous with Evie's sleeping! My little lad decided yesterday evening that he wouldn't be having a nap, had been sleeping from 7-9 after his feed but was still wide awake at 11, had to feed him lieing down so he'd fall asleep, I was too tired to risk moving him into his co sleeper cot, he did sleep til 2.30 so not bad but was then up for mini 10min feeds every hour from 5! My fault cos when he falls asleep at night I don't persevere in trying to wake him, so he wakes up hungry shortly after:(

Lucuma sorry to hear about the hassle with your sister in law, try not let it damping this special time, easier said than done I'm sure!

Lambert sorry to hear about Adams murmur, hopefully it turns out to be nothing to worry about. We had our 2week checkup on Tuesday, had to ask for the doc to take a look at my c section stitches, hadn't asked how the birth was or how I was getting on which I thought was odd but maybe it's normal & they just check babs?! Shay is flying anyway. I had stripped him off & he had a dirty nappy but not wet I figured we were in trouble! Managed to pee all over the scales but at least he didn't pee on me:)

Starting to get cabin fever, have been getting out for a walk most days but missing the freedom of the car, thank god it's the weekend & Mr shortstuff is around, told him we are going somewhere tomorrow, anywhere, don't care where:)

• Advertisement

That's the spirit lucama!

My little brother has never held the toddler or Evie he just doesn't deal well with children but it doesn't bother me at all that's just the way he is.

I know she fed constantly yesterday 12 times in the space of 10 hours and slept all night I kept waking up to check on her and express milk for when she can take her bottle. I'm building up a good supply!

I think the quality of the milk must have improved it seems richer or something?!? She does be so settled after a feed with her little drunk on milk baby face and will sit in her bouncer gooing and babbling away!

You gotta love the drunk on milk face, got a great little video of Shay giggling away in his sleep & then a lovely big smile after his feed! If I didn't have the video nobody would believe me:)

It's so cute isn't it!

Evie giggles away to herself all the time but she has started smiling at me when she is finished feeding I got a snap its so cute!

Lucuma sorry to hear that your brother didn't visit but I think you should take your friends advice. You have your own little family now so let that be your main focus.

Don't expect much more from your check ups shortstuff. At my 6 wknd check only bp was checked. Never asked/look at my wound.

That's brilliant that Evie is sleeping so good last night......long my it continue!! My 2 slept 5 hrs & 5.5 hrs last night but not tonight. I'd be jealous of you only feeling very mellow after having a WHOLE bottle of red. Can't believe how easy it went down only in my defense have to put up with the outlaws.

Anyway in much my hazy state I'm just going to say I'm so glad I have all yee ladies. We're all doing amazing even on our bad days. Much love x x......from the slightly drunken monkey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

So we are starting to come back to life. Feeling somewhat normal again.
    Got into my pre pregnancy jeans yesterday. . Comfortably too. Was nice to not wear track suit bottoms for a change.
    But don't get too jealous it's not weight loss... We worked out last night that between baby, fluid and placenta. .. I lost almost 3 stone during the process of giving birth!!!! Any wonder I felt like a beached whale :-)

Noah doing well. Was weighed last Monday was 12lbs 6oz. Almost an oz a day he had put on. But PHN says that's par for the course for the size of him and he will level out.

He's getting better at settling. . But 6 -9 is his witching "hour". Will not eat sleep or shushhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Which makes for a pain in my bum cuz that's when I'm trying to put herself down. But I'm sure he will sort it out eventually.

Great to see everyone's doing so well :-)

Would a soother help staticdoor? Llambert hope you enjoyed the wine, I feel sorry for you today. ..inlaws & a hangover haha :-) I had a good night with babs last night. Woke at 23:30, 3:00, 7:00. Slept in moses basket between feeds except for the last one, left her sleep in the bed & I slept as well til around 11am.
    Llambert I have to ask how does it work with twins, what do you do when they both cry @ the same time & you're there on your own?

That's fantastic lucama & staticdoor!

I've found that between 6 and 10 there is just no reasoning with Evie she feeds constantly and screams if she doesn't get it straight away.

Llambert don't be jealous at all she hasn't done it since! I'd love a drink just one!

Today was my birthday so the oh and the girls took me out for the day went to the beach and amusements and I got some new makeup! Big treat in my house. My mum came down yesterday and it was great to have help with the girls as oh was away at football then the pub.

I find it hard to get the girls down to bed at 7 because as I said Evie is being a little witch so I'm walking around with her latched on.

My eldest is a great help though!

Happy belated birthday Kaylami, hope you enjoyed it and the spoiling!!!

Thankfully no hangover, just started drinking the red but must have spent 5 hours over it. Just a little fuzzy the following morning.

Lucuma thankfully they stagger their feeds slightly at night so no queue. If it hapoens hubby strps in. During the day its a problem but poor Adam has to wait cos he doesn't cry as loud or for as long.

I'm having that nightmare time in the evenings too. Sometimes one will go asleep but never both. I stay up in the room with them but think its a wasted effort. Maybe should just keep them down with us until they're awake abit more during the day if they don't settle???

You're right static its great alright to be back in normal clothes though I only get into them st weekends, too much effort during the week. Noah is really thriving. I tried the soother again last night again cos both of them only took small feeds at 2 and both woke just after 4. Soothers worked but not for me I was up every 5 mins putting them bk in so from now on I'll be trying to get more into them. Wrecked today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Would love to be on here more often but love reading everyone's updates, all ok here, some days baby is a dream, other days he's a fusspot, but healthy so that's the main thing, just muddling through like everyone else i suppose.

By the way, all my 4 babbies, both bottle and now breastfed little man, turn ugly in the evenings, i read a few posts here with moms saying how unsettled their babies are between about 6 and 10pm, same here and as i said, same with all of them, don't know why. So I don't get too frustrated i generally put on some tv programme with subtitles that i can at least follow even if I can't stop the crying and it means i don't end up pulling my hair out over it, all i can do is try my best to soothe him with cuddles and feeds and the distraction of the tv stops me from becoming an emotional wreck!

• Advertisement

Please morebabies tell this first timer that this usually sorts itself over the coming months.

I've one up on my 2 this evening. Invested in a slow cooker so while they were snoozing this morning I popped dinner in for today & tomorrow, first time making thai green curry, smells delicious with no effort! Have bottles made till 2pm tomorrow. Bottles washed & loaded in steriliser for morning. So even though I got no naps today I'm not stressed trying to contend with them & do all that plus I can sleep anytime tomorrow when they do.....well that's the plan anyway.

Advertisement