Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tough couple of days for herself, ended up with a little doll, 8lbs 2oz, big lungs and a bigger appetite.

Great experience, frightening and awesome, very impressed with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Dermighty wrote: »
    Tough couple of days for herself, ended up with a little doll, 8lbs 2oz, big lungs and a bigger appetite.

Great experience, frightening and awesome, very impressed with herself.

Frightening and awesome is exactly how I imagine labour to be like!! That's brilliant, congratulations and very well done to Mrs Dermighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Congrats to you and Mrs dermighty!

Enjoy this exciting time with your little girl! That was a great weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congrats Dermighty to you and the Mrs. 39 weeks today myself. Feel grand. I had to finish up work 7 weeks before due date due to restrictions on how late Aer Lingus will let you fly but man was it a blessing in disguise (despite loss of earnings) as I'm so chilled out and comfortable. I think people that are dying for it to be over etc are either people with kids already (can't imagine that) or people that are still at work. Coz I'm really living the life of Reilly here....lie in every morning (albeit after broken night sleep with multiple bathroom trips) weather nice, spend the day pottering around running a few errands, being really nice to myself etc... no child to mind, no pressure on me at all at all! Doing a breastfeeding course tomorrow now, Claire Boyle in Cork she comes highly recommended. All my friends that had babies lately seem to be seriously struggling with the bfing so I'll be listening attentively tomorrow, that's the only thing I'm concerned about really, not worried about labour as I'll be in the hands of professionals but bfing I have to largely figure out for myself (obviously I can get pointers etc but most of it will be just me & babs on our own whereas labour you have professionals with you 24/7). I'm so sick of my maternity wardrobe and the dresses I've been wearing are all bobbly on the bump part from being worn & washed so many times so went into New Look yesterday just for a gander....well guess what they had all their summer dresses on the sale rack! I got a lovely sky blue one for 5 euro! And a gorgeous pink one with white hearts (wearing it now) for 10 euro. All in all I got 4 new outfits for 39 euro. It's great coz I wouldn't have spent any big money on them as I only have prob about 10 days left but the new clothes have given me a new lease of life for the final stretch! :-)

That sounds lovely lucama! Pamper yourself and enjoy there last few peaceful days!

Try not to worry about bf it's not the be all and end all if it doesn't work out. Your certainly goin about it the right way. I'd recommended gettin some lanisoh for sore nipples it's great but use it even when they don't feel sore! 3weeks bf today and it's gettin easier I think!

We got a diagnosis for Evie today she has class 4 lip tie, asymmetric jaw and double gums. She has been refereed for surgery in temple street. I'm glad to finally know what the issues are but I'm upset also.

Come on ladies it feels like august is almost over lets get those babies out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Kaylami wrote: »
    That sounds lovely lucama! Pamper yourself and enjoy there last few peaceful days!

Try not to worry about bf it's not the be all and end all if it doesn't work out. Your certainly goin about it the right way. I'd recommended gettin some lanisoh for sore nipples it's great but use it even when they don't feel sore! 3weeks bf today and it's gettin easier I think!

We got a diagnosis for Evie today she has class 4 lip tie, asymmetric jaw and double gums. She has been refereed for surgery in temple street. I'm glad to finally know what the issues are but I'm upset also.

Come on ladies it feels like august is almost over lets get those babies out!

At least you finally have a name now and you know temple street will do their 100% best for her. Chin up and keep smiling :)

Yeah. I'm hoping something will kick in soon... mucus plug went about an hour ago.. hope its a good sign after the sweep on wed. Even so I've resigned myself to wed. Either way... In 5 days it will all be over :) (bar the screaming haha)

Kaylami the poor pet it must have been a relief in one way to have the diagnosis but really tough at the same time for you and mr Kaylami. My sis had a good few ops in temple street as a baby and young child (facial ops too) and they were really fab, while it was very hard to watch at the time for my mam and dad my sis herself nothing but good memories of it now (she's in her 20s :)

Lucuma I haven't bought any maternity clothes in a while but I am just itching to get out and buy non-pregnancy clothes! Or at least itching to purchase them online! I have my graduation next month so it's been fun trying to plan what to wear.

In terms of bf prep I have the nipple cream in, womanly art book read lol, and sister on standby for support! After that I think I will just be taking each feed as it comes. I meant to go to a breastfeeding class (free ones by the Coombe) but to be honest just felt so crappy in the last month that I didn't make it in to them.

Ooo static my plug went too yesterday evening after the sweep. Exciting times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I feel all left out, haven't lost my plug yet:( Glad things are showing signs of progressing for you both though!

Ah kaylami, that must have been really tough to hear, did they give you an idea of how long you would have to wait for Evie's surgery?

Treated myself to a blow dry today in case baby decides to make an appearance;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Congrats again Dermighty and to Mrs Dermighty. Sure you can't wait to get them both home.

At least you now know what you're facing Kaylami. Do you think you'll have to wait long for an appointment. Its amazing the work Temple Street do and hopefully little Evie will fly through any procedures x x

Enjoy whatever pampering you can girls. I had all those lovely things planned but ended up meeting these 2 with grey hairs and.a very untidy lady garden.......oh the shame.

Was so happy to bag up all my maternity clothes. You'd be well sick of them in the end. Although the new wardrobe staples of leggings or trackies is nothing to get excited about either in my case!!!

Lack of sleep really kicking in and any advice welcomed.

So changed the feeding from 3 to 4 hours cos realised that boys weren't taking the full feed (4oz) every feed. I was feeding them as soon as they woke esp at night. As a result I was only getting about an hour and a half sleep between feeds. Adam wakes about 20 mins before his feed which is fine don't expect him to wake 4 hours on the button. Cian wakes still on the 3 hour mark so I still have to get up and settle him. He usually settles back down till its time for his feed. Just wondering is this something that will stop once he's not getting food. Don't want him getting in the habit of waking for cuddles either. After his feed it can take another hour to settle him. Wouldn't mind but he's awake alot more during the day.Bottom line is I'm still getting very little sleep.

Feel like I'm doing it all wrong and I'll end up with babies who run the show. Or am I expecting too much too soon. I keep reminding myself that they were 3 and a half weeks premature so should allow extra time. Its much harder than I imagined though. Feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Congrats Dermighty xx Any name yet?

Sorry to hear that Kaylami. My sisters son had something similar and was treated in Crumlin and is flying it now but still its heartbreaking when our little ones are going through these things.

Thanks everyone I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.

Llambert I've no idea what to say to you except babies take time to settle into a routine. It's really hard with one never mind 2. Is there anyway you would just let him cry and learn to self soothe?

I have no routine with Evie she eats when she wants sleeps in the bed with me and thinks 4am is play time. Little witch has me wrapped around her little finger!

I also never had a routine with my daughter. I fed her when she was hungry and she kind of fell into a routine too. Could have been 3 4 or 5 hrs between feeds. Then one night out of no where at about 3 months she just started sleeping through.
    I can only IMAGINE how tough it must be with twins tho. I take my proverbial hat off to you. Only thing is... It does and will get easier... its unknown when... but it's something to look forward to. Although running on minus empty is the one thing NO ONE tells first time mothers to be. Sleep deprivation is used as torture in some countries! !!!!!!
    Make sure u take all the help you can grab. Even a 5 min shower helps wonders xxx

I just got given a present from my daughter and was told I love it. It's a stone.. child delighted with herself haha
    They (who ever they are) do say always to show excitement to any present a kids gives you tho. . Kinda hard when I'd really love a big mac meal and a bottle of ice cold Miller instead :)
    Bless her little heart tho x

Thanks girls. Its just been a tough few days. Hopefully Cian will settle down soon. Adam is better at the self soothing if he's not too upset but not a hope with Cian. As they're both in my room not really an option to leave him cry cos he just wakes Adam.

I loved to do the feeding on demand but with the 2 not really an option at the minute. I hate waking a sleeping baby but if I let them feed on demand I could run into more trouble. Tough not often at this stage I have to wake anyone!!

I just have to keep reminding myself it does get easier. I read a thing online today called the last time. Basically it was a story of when babies turn into little people who in turn can do things for themselves and no longer depend on us. In my hormonal sleep deprived state I cried. I'm going to print it and frame it. I'll hang it in the boys room as a reminder that as tough as it is this time is precious.......well that's the idea anyway :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

That's a lovely idea llambert, you should do that. A lot of good intentions about photos, keepsakes etc get sidetracked when babies are young due to lack of energy! The few little bits that I did for my first, I'm so glad that I did.
    The routine thing must be a killer, I feel for you. My little one had nothing resembling a routine for the first 2 months but obviously I had no one else to synchronise her with so it was manageable. Do you have much help with the night feeds? Could ye take a baby each for a few weeks until things settle?

They grow up far too fast. I'll be a emotional wreck Thursday morning when she heads off to school. At least I'll still have the 2 youngest to keep me busy!

Llambert I am in awe of how your managing with 2 and your oh working I just couldn't do it. It does get easier once you can introduce solids they start to settle for longer periods.

I've had to wake Evie a few times when it feels like my boobs are goin to explode! But she rarely., lets it get to that stage. Think we've hit our 3week growth spurt she's feeding every 30mins this evening goin to be a long night - thank god for t.v.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

hey i'm late in updating, healthy baby boy 8lbs 6oz via section (planned due to 3 previous sections) last tuesday, recovery going well , adorable little bundle, breastfeeding for the first time, going ok so far but will be looking on bf support thread soon (it's so sore!!)

otherwise all good thank god

morebabies wrote: »
    hey i'm late in updating, healthy baby boy 8lbs 6oz via section (planned due to 3 previous sections) last tuesday, recovery going well , adorable little bundle, breastfeeding for the first time, going ok so far but will be looking on bf support thread soon (it's so sore!!)

otherwise all good thank god

Wooohoooooooooo congrats delighted for ya xxx

Congrats morebabies!

The bf does get easier I promise!

Congratulations morebabies! Lovely news x

• Advertisement

Awh congrats more babies that's great news, I'm only a little jealous!!

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz
    Morebabies Due Aug 13th-20th Castlebar- Baby Boy Born Aug 19th 8lb 6oz
    Dermighty Due Aug 13th Cork -Baby Girl
    Born Aug 22nd 8 lb 2oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Tishandy Aug 26th Limerick girl.
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Happy due date Cameoette:)

thanks! Although apparently baby thinks it's just another day..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Congratulations morebabies, great news!

Have I got it wrong or are u being induced tomorrow short stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

llambert wrote: »
    Lack of sleep really kicking in and any advice welcomed.

Feel like I'm doing it all wrong and I'll end up with babies who run the show. Or am I expecting too much too soon. I keep reminding myself that they were 3 and a half weeks premature so should allow extra time. Its much harder than I imagined though. Feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

llambert I presume you already know about this website but just came across it today when browsing new baby links:
    http://www.imba.ie/home.htm

It's an organisation in Ireland for multiples, they might not have a group that meets where you live but at least they surely have an online discussion group and a facebook page where you could ask other mothers of twins for advice! There's also a twins thread on rollercoaster: http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumGroup/1333/ForumView/1/Default.aspx
    again sorry if you already know/are on those!

Have I got it wrong or are u being induced tomorrow short stuff?

Yep booked in for 7pm, had a show Saturday so was hoping I wouldn't make the appointment but nothing stirring yet!

Yep booked in for 7pm, had a show Saturday so was hoping I wouldn't make the appointment but nothing stirring yet!

I hear ya. I've been havin bits of show the last few days and still nadda!!!!!
    I'm booked in for 6am wed.... sure we could be baby buddies :)
    Best of luck my dear.. let us know when your stubborn (like mine) bundle of joy decides to put in an appearance :)

• Advertisement

Oh good luck shortstuff for today! I'm so excited for you.

Static maybe you'll go before Wednesday! 2 days is a long time at this stage.

Advertisement