Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

fiona-f wrote: »
    V short post but just to say baby boy arrived safe and well after a slightly rocky birth. Delighted!

Wooohoooooooooo congrats xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Congrats fiona-f, action stations at last!!!

Staticdoor if you've read any of my previous MIL posts you'll know I totally feel your pain. I already have my phone diverting all calls to voicemail. Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Great news Fiona! Congratulation:) Can't wait to hear more details when you have time!

Hope this gets the ball rolling for a few more of us!

Due date today:)

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Aw yay! Congratulations Fiona!!

Happy due date shortstuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Hope it happens very soon shortstuff!!!

Static I also feel your pain regarding MIL. God you could really do without her crap now. Is your iron ok when you're feeling unwell?? Mine dropped big time after having the boys so on 2 iron tablets a day, eating an orange to help it absorb and eating 2 kiwis to conteract the iron :-)

My MIL just rang to see if she'll open presents that have been left in to her house. Though both people said they were for when they're bigger she was afraid they're for now. Noisy cow just wants to see what's in it. Should of seen her fleece the presents last week when she was here. Thank God it will be awhile till I see her!!

All I can say static is deep breaths x x

Deep breaths is right. I can't believe she opened YOUR presents!!!!! Cheeky mare!!!!!!

Yeah my iron was grand. I'm still taking a pregnacare a day cuz I had a hemorage after daughter. My haemoglobin was 13.5 last week. Which they were very pleased with. I think it's a mix of being wrecked/nervous/40 weeks preg

Gunna try find the energy to seduce himself tonight see can we get this show on the road.
    I WANT to be next haha
    Just kicked a ball around outside for me dad's dog for a half hour. Might help. The fresh air was nice.

Let's get this party started!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Huge congratulations fionaf! Delighted for you!

Can I jump on the mil bashing wagon please?

Walked in the door after a 2hour drive and I needed to feed Evie well she wouldn't leave the room which is fine I don't care I'll whip the baps out anyway. I'm having problems getting missy to latch on one side so trying different positions. First thing she says " that child needs a bottle" then follows up sayin it's not fair Evie can't stay over the usual rubbish.

Here's to lots of new arrivals over the next few days! X

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Thanks for the lovely messages, we are so pleased with our wee boy, born as the dawn broke over the city.

. Birth was exactly what I thought I didn't want with all sorts of interventions , plus epidural, pretty much everything they had by way of intervention short of a c-section, as there were some safety concerns for baby at different stages, but honestly was still great , the doctors and midwives kept me calm and informed.and I felt I could.really trust them. I genuinely would do it all again in the morning. Really was miles better than I had imagined such a heavily managed birth would be. And feeling a bit battered and bruised afterwards but I am being very proactive in requesting pain relief which helps.massively. my husband has also been amazing throughout and my heart skips a beat when I see the two of them together.

Baba himself seems.to be doing great, 7 pounds 10 and naturally the most gorgeous baby in the world. We are both grappling to get the hang of the feeding but getting great help from.all.the staff here. I should be sleeping now but am too hyper and excited to close my eyes.

Best wishes and fingers crossed for safe healthy babies and mummies for the rest of August.

So delighted the birth went well for you even if it didn't go as you had planned/wanted, baby sounds soo worth it!! Hope your recovering & enjoying every minute of your new bundle x

• Advertisement

Well... today's the day..

Not feeling hopeful.. nothing shaking

Had a few cramps last night got so excited then they disappeared. Now I'm lying in bed at 8 am. ....exhausted... and unable to sleep... grrrrrrrrrr

Hospitals should just say. .your due mid august :)

Delighted that you had a positive birth experience even if it wasn't following your birth plan fiona-f. Hope the new man in your life is behaving himself and letting mammy get some sleep x x

Fingers crossed static that you go soon. Sure you're well fed up. Worse when you can't sleep. You'll have enough sleepless nights after.

My little men are starting to behave at night. Cian goes for longer sleeps between feeds but Adam might only go for 3 hours do increasing the feed today.

Myself and hubby got into town on our own yest while we had babysitters. Was lovely to get dressed in my own normal clothes and put on some make-up. Had lovely lunch. Thought I was ready to go when I'm sitting at home. 4 hours out of the house nearly killed me though!! Finished it off with a lovely glass of red last night. Enjoyed that :-)

Kaylami hope you survived the rest of the visit with the MIL. Ignorant woman. Apart from anything else does she not know the doctors don't want Evie on a bottle. Even without that how dare she question how you feed your baby.

Well done llambert! It's nice to escape for a little while. Glad the boys are settling a bit for you!

Staticdoor- I really hope it happens soon for you I have never gone overdue so I can only imagine how your feeling!

My mil is a twit she knows she can't have the bottle but she's raised 5 so she knows best. Idiot woman. But it's fine I don't have to see her now for another few weeks.

The bloody football has started. So I have a oh like a zombie while I paint the hall and Evie's room in between feeds.
    I'm going to disconnect the sky box and watch him panic....

Good night last night she only woke at 5 for a feed - took her into the bed and let her belt away and I went back to sleep.
    She's a bit constipated so unsettled at times! I should ask my mil what she recommends for the giggles. Then do the opposite.

Hope your all keeping well!

Fiona-f so glad you had a good experience, it's really reassuring to read because I'm in a domino scheme so going for less intervention if possible but who knows what might happen on the day..good to see that even when things don't go to your plan you can still have a really positive experience. So glad your little boy is here safely and you are doing well!

llambert wearing real people clothes and make up must have felt amazing :) Great that you got a trip out with hubby and that the boys are sleeping well. Gotta say I am looking forward to the first glass of wine when it eventually happens!

Kaylami your MIL oh my god! I can't imagine. At least that's it now for the next while. Talk about extra stress when you have enough on your plate as it is. I get on fine with my partner's mum but tbh don't know her too well, although she will be staying with us for a bit soon. Hoping to breastfeed, have no idea if she breastfed or bottlefed her kids herself, will just have to whip the baps out around her from the get-go I guess.

Static and shortstuff I'm hoping things are moving for you! Or if not yet, that they will very soon!

Definitely going for sweep on thurs, thanks for the feedback ladies. Just fear of the unknown I guess! If it gets things moving I will not care, 39 weeks today and very ready for this child to make her appearance.

Nothing stirring yet, thought a bit of bedroom action would have helped last night but nothing! I have a hospital appointment tomorrow so hopefully get a sweep then if I'm favourable...

Nothing here either :(

I'm having such a bad day today nearly wishing I was still pregnant.

Boys really unsettled. Bath time Sun evening and even that didn't send them off on a big sleep.

Had a massive cry and hubby has a big thick head on him over something stupid.
    Know he's tired too but I'm wrecked, stuck in a body that feels at least 90 and looks like well I'm not sure what but definitely avoiding mirrors after showering!!

Its much harder than I imagined. Plus Mam heading home tomorrow after 10 days and the thoughts of her going is making me very teary.

llambert wrote: »
    I'm having such a bad day today nearly wishing I was still pregnant.

Boys really unsettled. Bath time Sun evening and even that didn't send them off on a big sleep.

Had a massive cry and hubby has a big thick head on him over something stupid.
    Know he's tired too but I'm wrecked, stuck in a body that feels at least 90 and looks like well I'm not sure what but definitely avoiding mirrors after showering!!

Its much harder than I imagined. Plus Mam heading home tomorrow after 10 days and the thoughts of her going is making me very teary.

big hug to you llambert. If it's any comfort I've cried like 6 times in the past 48 hours!! ;) So I can only imagine the floods when I have a newborn. Tomorrow is another day and in the meantime let it all out!

Will you get to see your Mam again soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Cameoette wrote: »
    Fiona-f so glad you had a good experience, it's really reassuring to read because I'm in a domino scheme so going for less intervention if possible but who knows what might happen on the day..good to see that even when things don't go to your plan you can still have a really positive experience. So glad your little boy is here safely and you are doing well!

llambert wearing real people clothes and make up must have felt amazing :) Great that you got a trip out with hubby and that the boys are sleeping well. Gotta say I am looking forward to the first glass of wine when it eventually happens!

Kaylami your MIL oh my god! I can't imagine. At least that's it now for the next while. Talk about extra stress when you have enough on your plate as it is. I get on fine with my partner's mum but tbh don't know her too well, although she will be staying with us for a bit soon. Hoping to breastfeed, have no idea if she breastfed or bottlefed her kids herself, will just have to whip the baps out around her from the get-go I guess.

Static and shortstuff I'm hoping things are moving for you! Or if not yet, that they will very soon!

Definitely going for sweep on thurs, thanks for the feedback ladies. Just fear of the unknown I guess! If it gets things moving I will not care, 39 weeks today and very ready for this child to make her appearance.

I found one affirmation from the hypnobirthing cd very helpful to repeat as things changed along the way, it was "I accept whatever path my birthing takes". It helped me keep really calm and focused. So I'd suggest you make that a part of your thought process as you hopefully wait not very long for your baby. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hi Fiona, congratulations and well done. I am due the 2nd of January and also using the hypnobirthing CDs. Any other affirmations that you found helpful? I am also hoping for a minimal intervention birth.

• Advertisement

Thanks cameoette. Things didn't get any better both boys were terrors last night. Cried several more times!!

Then at 6.30 this morning had hubby asking when will his mother come up to help and cue another row. I know I've had
    my family around but the difference is he only has to see them for a few hours in the evening I'd be stuck with his mother a woman I don't like all bloody day. Told him when he takes time off his mother can come help him. Think its a row I could lose though :-(

Llambert sorry to hear the boys aren't settling for you, hopefully tonight will be better fingers crossed. Good luck dodging the mother in law!

Had my hospital appointment today, 40+2 & baby isn't engaged AT ALL, seems happy out in there though... Any tips to get baby down? Bouncing away here:) induction booked for next Monday night...

Speaking of gentle birth, My affirmations for today... My baby knows what to do, my body knows what to do.... I accept whatever path my birthing takes... REPEAT!!

Llambert sorry to hear the boys aren't settling for you, hopefully tonight will be better fingers crossed. Good luck dodging the mother in law!

Had my hospital appointment today, 40+2 & baby isn't engaged AT ALL, seems happy out in there though... Any tips to get baby down? Bouncing away here:) induction booked for next Monday night...

Speaking of gentle birth, My affirmations for today... My baby knows what to do, my body knows what to do.... I accept whatever path my birthing takes... REPEAT!!

Lucky you at least you know you have an actual end date in sight :)
    I'm in tomorrow for a check up and sweep 40+3 tomorrow. Nothing stirring. I'm exhausted. No matter how much sleep I do or don't get I'm still wrecked.
    I'm hoping my sweep will work tho... cuz it's my mum's 6 yr anniversary on Thursday 28th (11 days overdue) and I really don't want baby born/induced then :( plus the thoughts of another week and a half is making me loose my mind!!!!

Hope all the new mummies are getting a bit of sleep and normality back to day to day living :)

This must be the slowest thread EVER for babies :)

Lucky you at least you know you have an actual end date in sight :)
    I'm in tomorrow for a check up and sweep 40+3 tomorrow. Nothing stirring. I'm exhausted. No matter how much sleep I do or don't get I'm still wrecked.
    I'm hoping my sweep will work tho... cuz it's my mum's 6 yr anniversary on Thursday 28th (11 days overdue) and I really don't want baby born/induced then :( plus the thoughts of another week and a half is making me loose my mind!!!!

Oh good luck with the sweep tomorrow! I know it feels like time is standing still!

Cameoette wrote: »
    Oh good luck with the sweep tomorrow! I know it feels like time is standing still!

It sure does. Plus I swear one more phone call from the MIL and I will not be held responsible for my actions.

Rings me at 11 am today.. oh your not in hospital then? Stoooooopid woman!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with the sweep static door, really hope it gets something started for ya, I didn't ask about one in the end since I wasn't engaged so doubted it would do anything for me!!

Good luck with the sweep tomorrow static - hope it gets you going.

Shortstuff hopefully baba will engage soon and you won't hang around another week and a half.

Had a good night last night. I know its abit early to get these boys on a time routine so just feeding one and then the other and trying to get sleep inbetween. I hope once they go on bigger feeds the nights will get easier!!

Hope yee ladies join me soon in the new mammy tiredness x x

Good luck with the sweep staticdoor!

I'm with llambert you ladies need to join us so we can talk about being tired all the time.

Evie has a feed at 12 one at 4 and one at 7. Roughly. She really cluster feeds in the evenings so it's tough but hey a littler sleep is great.

My eldest is starting school next week so that will be good to get back into some routine - I'm actually missing work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Hi ladies, haven't been on in a few days as I have absolutely NO news! Due on Friday but "nothing stirring" as I keep saying to everyone who is texting me!
    Went to my Pilates class tonight and had a good stretch.
    This is a seriously slow baby thread, I'm almost starting to feel guilty for not contributing already!!! Have clinic tomorrow but won't be taking a sweep if it's offered. I'm happy enough to wait through the weekend, just have a feeling it will be sat/sun.

Fair play to the new mammies for still posting here and keeping us updated, great to hear how you are getting on. And the horror stories of the MILs! Llambert, it must be really tough going with the two boys. I have twin niece& nephew that we spend a lot of time with and remember the early days being really hard for their parents. Military routines were all that got them through (not that that's the approach that works for everyone!).

Kaylami, credit to you for the breastfeeding, those evening clusters are enough to break a woman, I almost did a few times on my first!!

Good luck everyone else, hopefully more news here soon x

• Advertisement

Well... finally some light at the end of the tunnel... Booked for induction 6am Wednesday wooohooooooooooo

Sweep done too but not hopeful... didn't work last time... just so so happy to finally have an end in sight. The woman I had today was the salt of the earth. Lovely. Checked me over said we best set you a date. I said is it worth doing a sweep? She said sure let's try.. and that was that. Lovely. It was not as bad last one.. but he will forever be known by me as doctor shovel hands :)

Advertisement