Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No there was a feature where you could literally take control of your friends controller... it was like a helping them out tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    No there was a feature where you could literally take control of your friends controller... it was like a helping them out tool.

Oh yeah, they showed something like that before the PS4 launched. Someone could watch you play a game and then you could ask them to take over remotely and play a section for them. Could't really see it working until they get PS Now sorted with the delay lag of remote controlling a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had a party last night, so I needed some music. I pushed the trigger on music unlimited, they did had a good deal too.
    First of all, Its a decent service, but I would prefer having Spotify instead. The issue I had - the music unlimited app on PS4 is dreadful. PS3 one is just so much better and works faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I had a party last night, so I needed some music. I pushed the trigger on music unlimited, they did had a good deal too.
    First of all, Its a decent service, but I would prefer having Spotify instead. The issue I had - the music unlimited app on PS4 is dreadful. PS3 one is just so much better and works faster.

I found it really slow on PS4 too; nice to be able to play it over games, but wouldn't pay for it. It's good on the Vita, but cant play music over games which is poor.

I found it really slow on PS4 too; nice to be able to play it over games, but wouldn't pay for it. It's good on the Vita, but cant play music over games which is poor.

I am not going to stick around with it for long, but it is handy right now.
    It is a very laggy and search function is dreadful. Unless I just got used to youtube understanding my drunk "typing" :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gave up on it after a month, it's a disaster. I should have asked for a refund out of principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Never used it on the playstation, but found it good on the mobile phone, handy that you could download songs for offline use.

I used it on mobile a lot, and while the app was slow, it was reliable enough. I just find Spotify better for mobile and use that since it was released in Ireland. If love it it was on PS4.

When you have the likes of Spotify, Music Unlimited just fails to compare at a basic level. Even if Music Unlimited was free I'd still use Spotifiy over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I am not going to stick around with it for long, but it is handy right now.
    It is a very laggy and search function is dreadful. Unless I just got used to youtube understanding my drunk "typing" :).

Yeah, I just used the free month and left it after that. Even the website is annoying in that you can't save your login details; and I can't get it on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Would love to have Spotify on the PS4/3, with in game support for premium users.

That'll never happen while Sony try push MU, though will it?

Maybe if MS do it, Sony will follow.

Grayditch wrote: »
    That'll never happen while Sony try push MU, though will it?

Maybe if MS do it, Sony will follow.

No way Sony will let Spotify even near ps3/ps4.

I will keep it for now. I think they did that 3 month 3eu deal there. I moved my TV to living room from my mancave. so ps4 and ps3 went with it. We spend a lot of time in the back garden during summer so I need music to be there too. It will do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

No way Sony will let Spotify even near ps3/ps4.

I will keep it for now. I think they did that 3 month 3eu deal there. I moved my TV to living room from my mancave. so ps4 and ps3 went with it. We spend a lot of time in the back garden during summer so I need music to be there too. It will do for now.

Remember to turn off the Auto renewal for Music Unlimited. Bastords got €9.99 out of me & i hated the service and used it once.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Remember to turn off the Auto renewal for Music Unlimited. Bastords got €9.99 out of me & i hated the service and used it once.

I though it is like 5eu per month, is it really 10eu per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I though it is like 5eu per month, is it really 10eu per month?

Most, if not all, music streaming sites are a tenner a month. Cartel anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Klair88 wrote: »

Got me aswell

I got the free pass to use for a few hours while cabling up the gaming room, setting up a few laptops etc.

Got stung for a tenner on the renewal

Convaluted process to unsub aswell, stinks of Xbox live

TheDoc wrote: »
    Got me aswell

I got the free pass to use for a few hours while cabling up the gaming room, setting up a few laptops etc.

Got stung for a tenner on the renewal

Convaluted process to unsub aswell, stinks of Xbox live

Just turned off automatic removal. Was piss easy. Just go to options and press button. :confused:

I know about xbox live renewal though. Fecking piss take. You can sub easily on xbox, but you need to call them to cancel it...

So yeah, I sow 10eu per month thing and I was like: NOPE. I though it was 5.99eu for some reason. That deal 3 months for 3eu is still good. Maybe there will be another deal by the time 3 month expire. :P
    Considering how cheap PS+ is and how much of a value it is, music unlimited is a robbery at 10eu. they should bundle in Music unlimited or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Just got the trial there after reading here, very poor interface, can you search genres and create your own playlists, i can only see pre made ones? Doesn't seem to be much on it, my taste anyway.

edit: I'm on ps4 by the way

Just got the trial there after reading here, very poor interface, can you search genres and create your own playlists, i can only see pre made ones? Doesn't seem to be much on it, my taste anyway.

edit: I'm on ps4 by the way

I found creating the playlists on PC/Mac was the best way. Its all very slow paced on the console. Even doing it on a phone was handier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I dont find it that slow, just hard to find stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone get Octodad?

Had a load of fun with it. Thought it would be a bit longer but it did have me smiling for the whole game.

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone get Octodad?

Had a load of fun with it. Thought it would be a bit longer but it did have me smiling for the whole game.

Yeah. I find it quite relaxing, which is not the vibe I thought I'd get off it. It's also hilarious, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just turned off automatic removal. Was piss easy. Just go to options and press button. :confused:

I know about xbox live renewal though. Fecking piss take. You can sub easily on xbox, but you need to call them to cancel it...

So yeah, I sow 10eu per month thing and I was like: NOPE. I though it was 5.99eu for some reason. That deal 3 months for 3eu is still good. Maybe there will be another deal by the time 3 month expire. :P
    Considering how cheap PS+ is and how much of a value it is, music unlimited is a robbery at 10eu. they should bundle in Music unlimited or something.

log onto xbox.com , go to your account, click remove credit card, or click auto renew off
    you don't have to ring anyone ? :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    log onto xbox.com , go to your account, click remove credit card, or click auto renew off
    you don't have to ring anyone ? :pac:

That's most likely new thing. Back then they removed the button to do that. Mind you I have not been near xbox way over a year.

Yeah it's a new thing not having to ring them anymore. Only US customers had the option to un sub online before they brought it out for everyone after alot of complaints.

I remember going for a job which was to try change people's minds on the phone about cancelling Xbox Live subscriptions. Didn't get it though, and I don't think I would have been very good at it. PsPlus I could sell, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Finally decided to pick one up. Spent last night playing Ground Zeroes. Was quite enjoyable even if it was a bit pricey. Enjoying the system its self although I don't think I will buy to many digital games. The download speeds on PSN are very painful so far. Spent half the day downloading 3 gigs of metal gear and felt if I was doing it on steam or xbox live it would have been done in 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Finally decided to pick one up. Spent last night playing Ground Zeroes. Was quite enjoyable even if it was a bit pricey. Enjoying the system its self although I don't think I will buy to many digital games. The download speeds on PSN are very painful so far. Spent half the day downloading 3 gigs of metal gear and felt if I was doing it on steam or xbox live it would have been done in 30 mins

I think that may be an issue with your connection.

The general consensus here is that PSN download speeds are much improved now, on a par with the formats you mention. Personally, I have been impressed with the download speeds I have seen and I buy every game digitally. I have close to 20 already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've had seriously slow speeds on Vita and PS3 for the last day or two, could be an issue with PSN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement