Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Is Ireland getting sky go? All i have read so far is UK.

Now TV probably not but I see no reason for Sky Go not showing up. Even if it doesn't there is a very easy workaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doubt it, Sky are fairly good geo-locking stuff...

Sky player won't work outside the UK or Ireland on Xbox, no matter what DNS trickery you try....

The fact it works in Ireland on the Xbox surely suggests it'll work in Ireland on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

danthefan wrote: »
    The fact it works in Ireland on the Xbox surely suggests it'll work in Ireland on the PS4?

I'm sure we will get it alright, as Sky is here - but I do know my mate over in Spain can't use Sky Player on his Xbox over there, on his Irish account....

He tried a VPN and everything and it still didn't work...

Just incase people think creating a UK account would do....

(if it doesn't come Ireland, which I'd say it will!)

Getting Sky to work outside of the UK and Ireland is doable. It just takes time, what's really annoying is that Sky used the fact that you could watch your tv while away as a selling point. Supposedly they are going to do what Netflix does in regards traveling and access to catlaogue but there's been no movement on it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sharefactory needs to add slow-mo, and change the stickers a bit.

Also more than 8 songs would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Is my PS4 broken? I have noticed that since I had my ps4 since Christmas my ps4 network speeds have never been fast. The built in test usually shows between 20-60mbps which varies a lot. Browser tests I do don't generally go higher than 20mbps. I have noticed games download at OK speeds but not fast at all. I am on a 200mbps line with UPC. Use a AC66u router and have my ps4 wired with cat6 cable. I have forwarded ports, disabled firewalls, disabled/enable upnp and set static IP addresses with my own DNS settings and nothing gives it use of my network. No other device has this issue on my network. Online play, YouTube and web browsing seem generally fast with no issues its just downloading games that is terribly slow and I've never seen good speeds in my tests. Is it possible that my ps4 is faulty after all this time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fiddlex wrote: »
    .....Is it possible that my ps4 is faulty after all this time?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jaysus, playing Daylight there for the last hour or so... what a load of bloody rubbish! I know I don't have the greatest navigation skills but this is taking the phish. Going around like a half idiot and even with the GPS/Phone to help me. Also makes my PS4 sound a Boeing 747 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

nocoverart wrote: »
    Jaysus, playing Daylight there for the last hour or so... what a load of bloody rubbish! I know I don't have the greatest navigation skills but this is taking the phish. Going around like a half idiot and even with the GPS/Phone to help me. Also makes my PS4 sound a Boeing 747 for some reason.

Thx u have got rid of any lingering idea i had of buying this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Agreed. A tenner I won't see again. Was really looking forward to it after finishing Outlast. Now that's a GREAT game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Surprised that there's still no sign of a media server. Doesn't look like it's coming any time soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RangeR wrote: »
    Agreed. A tenner I won't see again. Was really looking forward to it after finishing Outlast. Now that's a GREAT game.

Should have saved your money for the Whistleblower DLC for Outlast. It is out next week.
    vidor wrote: »
    Surprised that there's still no sign of a media server. Doesn't look like it's coming any time soon either.

Use Plex. Works perfectly for me via the PS4 browser. At least until they add the functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Daylight just looks like a cheap knockoff of Outlast.

Definitely avoiding it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

How's the dual shock 4 for everyone? Any left analog sticks wearing badly for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

KingJamsie wrote: »
    How's the dual shock 4 for everyone? Any left analog sticks wearing badly for anyone?

Mines perfect. Using it almost everyday sine launch and no wear. Seen a few lads on the forum saying they had issues alright. Thankfully all good here.

F1ngers wrote: »
    No.

That is no help whatsoever to my issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

To be fair, you asked a direct question and you got a very direct answer. Your PS4 is not faulty. The PSN is [relatively] slow downloading content. It just is. It's not a problem with your PS4 nor your internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

TBF to him you did ask was your PS4 broken. How can your PS4 be broken because of Connectivity/Broadband issues?, them issues can be more complexed than the female mind.

RangeR wrote: »
    To be fair, you asked a direct question and you got a very direct answer. Your PS4 is not faulty. The PSN is [relatively] slow downloading content. It just is. It's not a problem with your PS4 nor your internet connection.

I got a direct answer to part of my question which was is it faulty, nothing else about download issues. I understand PSN is slow but on a 200mb line and the PS4 gets at most 35mbps if that on average, that can't be right can it?
    TBF to him you did ask was your PS4 broken. How can your PS4 be broken because of Connectivity/Broadband issues?, them issues can be more complexed than the female mind.

Like I said it was on a partial answer with no information. I asked if there could be a fault with my ps4 not that it is broken. As with all things it is possible to have a fault with the Ethernet controller of the console. I just wanted to see if anyone else has these dire speeds to the extent of barely getting 10% of my line speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I got a direct answer to part of my question which was is it faulty, nothing else about download issues. I understand PSN is slow but on a 200mb line and the PS4 gets at most 35mbps if that on average, that can't be right can it?

Like I said it was on a partial answer with no information. I asked if there could be a fault with my ps4 not that it is broken. As with all things it is possible to have a fault with the Ethernet controller of the console. I just wanted to see if anyone else has these dire speeds to the extent of barely getting 10% of my line speed.

Just because you have a 200mb/s line doesn't mean the server(s) you're connected to will give you everything back at 200mb/s, that just delusional.

Most ps4 servers will be throttled and the speed test on the ps4 is just an approx estimation and shouldn't be taken into account and even states that while it's running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can you bring it over to a friends house and see if you have the same issues on their connection? The PSN speeds have vastly improved on the PS4 and even on a 24MB line the speeds are lightning quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Have you ever owned a PS3 and tried downloading? You wouldn't be complaining about the PS4's speed then!!!:D

Give the wifi a go if you're not happy with the ethernet speed.

Or take it to someone elses house and see what you're getting.

Basically, PSN is slow when it comes to downloading.

Your PS4 is grand

BordorFox wrote: »
    Just because you have a 200mb/s line doesn't mean the server(s) you're connected to will give you everything back at 200mb/s, that just delusional.

Most ps4 servers will be throttled and the speed test on the ps4 is just an approx estimation and shouldn't be taken into account and even states that while it's running.

I know that I won't get anything near 200mb nor did I say I wanted it but on real download tests on games I get around 2MB/s at average. I have never had an issue like this to this extent. I can't see how this could be throttling on the psn that causes this issue.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Can you bring it over to a friends house and see if you have the same issues on their connection? The PSN speeds have vastly improved on the PS4 and even on a 24MB line the speeds are lightning quick.

Yeah Im going to have to bring it to another house to test the connection as its annoying me a lot. I know what real word speeds and issues are like and are no where near maximum line speeds its just my download experience isn't optimal at all. I wanted to just see what others have done to fix their issue with their connections.

I know that I won't get anything near 200mb nor did I say I wanted it but on real download tests on games I get around 2MB/s at average. I have never had an issue like this to this extent. I can't see how this could be throttling on the psn that causes this issue.

You stated you get 20-60 mb/s on the test and approx that on the browser tests, that is more than enough to download any content relatively fast on PSN, count yourself far more fortunate than most when downloading from PSN, some take a few days to download and can't do anything else because their is no pause download feature, your PS4 is not broken, broken things don't work, yours obviously works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It is possible that there is some incompatibility with your router or ISP. Or it could be something else. Call Sony and explain the issue because all we can do is guess really.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Spent entire day downloading War Thunder and it failed near the end and had to restart GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Spent entire day downloading War Thunder and it failed near the end and had to restart GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Take your ps4 to Fiddlex's house, should be downloaded in about 5-7 mins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have no real issues downloaded stick it to the man in 15 mins on eircom 50mb line and the max I tend to get is 33mb. I think UPC over estimate there speeds and capabilities if there is large usage in the area, I hear that blanchardstown is one of the worst.

The latest Call of Duty Installment Reveal video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

BordorFox wrote: »
    The latest Call of Duty Installment Reveal video.

Not sure if it's kevin spacey or not, but that I'd buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement