Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I ordered those KontrolFreek Vortex sticks Darren. Cheers again for the code! :)
    I will let you know how I get on with them on BF4, in me new place, with proper broadband! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

keithc83 wrote: »
    I ordered those KontrolFreek Vortex sticks Darren. Cheers again for the code! :)
    I will let you know how I get on with them on BF4, in me new place, with proper broadband! :D

Just gotta keep ya off FIFA long enough to try them out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

They really should be a way of voting off the squad leader so someone will actually issue commands now and again... does my head in. I would say I played for 3 hours yesterday and only until the last 2 games did I join a squad with a good squad leader - this is despite moving squads, hitting the "request order" button (spamming it in fact) etc etc.

Made some difference, the last squad I was in had all of us in the top 5 (on our team at least)

Just gotta keep ya off FIFA long enough to try them out now :)

Very true :pac: lol
    I would play Battlefield more only that my internet connection sucks. Even on FIFA I can't stay connected long enough to enjoy an online game so I just play career mode on there. Once I have that broadband in the new place I am going to be enjoying Battlefield with you guys a whole lot more. This weekend was even more frustrating than usual. I was getting a decent game or two (max!) before dropping connection to the servers.

Very true :pac: lol
    I would play Battlefield more only that my internet connection sucks. Even on FIFA I can't stay connected long enough to enjoy an online game so I just play career mode on there. Once I have that broadband in the new place I am going to be enjoying Battlefield with you guys a whole lot more. This weekend was even more frustrating than usual. I was getting a decent game or two (max!) before dropping connection to the servers.

Yeah it's amazing how much more you'll actually be able to enjoy the game when you know you have a reliable connection. No harm picking up an Ethernet cable either to be honest. They're so cheap these days that if at all possible you may as well use one.

• Advertisement

No harm picking up an Ethernet cable either to be honest. They're so cheap these days that if at all possible you may as well use one.

I have one as well and I connect up only the ps4 directly when playing BF4 so the connection in the house right now is as good as I can get it. Unfortunately its the connection to the house that is the problem, and the internet providers don't want to put any money into upgrading it. Looking forward to actually being able to walk in BF4 without rubber-banding and reconnecting just as I die to enemy fire lol

I have one as well and I connect up only the ps4 directly when playing BF4 so the connection in the house right now is as good as I can get it. Unfortunately its the connection to the house that is the problem, and the internet providers don't want to put any money into upgrading it. Looking forward to actually being able to walk in BF4 without rubber-banding and reconnecting just as I die to enemy fire lol

Ah, the connection into the house is the problem, shame. I'm lucky enough in that apparently, I happen to live fairly close to one of UPCs broadband hub thingys(I have zero computational vocabulary :)). Even on WIFI I'm pretty much guaranteed around 50Mbps down and less than a 20ms ping.
    It is handy having a bad connection to fall back on if ya **** up though..............DAMN LAG :pac:

It is handy having a bad connection to fall back on if ya **** up though..............DAMN LAG :pac:

I can only dream of that connection level here! Even when I get a good connection I will more than likely end up blaming it anyway :pac: lol

I can only dream of that connection level here! Even when I get a good connection I will more than likely end up blaming it anyway :pac: lol

It works for Cobra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

mozattack wrote: »
    They really should be a way of voting off the squad leader so someone will actually issue commands now and again... does my head in. I would say I played for 3 hours yesterday and only until the last 2 games did I join a squad with a good squad leader - this is despite moving squads, hitting the "request order" button (spamming it in fact) etc etc.

Made some difference, the last squad I was in had all of us in the top 5 (on our team at least)

Honestly it's really confusing.

If you're Squad leader and issue a command you get bonus points whenever a squad mate attacks/defends/captures a base (or M-COM). And if you're a squad member you get points for following the order.

It's almost as if the people playing don't want extra points. Although in saying that you also get extra points for following a commander's orders (sometimes it works) but other times the commander just sends you to attack/defend the base in the middle of an absolutle cluster-**** with no hope of any kind of strategic advantage.

• Advertisement

Decided to try out Sharefactory earlier, first time I've ever done any editing of any kind so it took me a while to figure out what I was doing:o. Found it quite good to be honest and fairly easy to get to grips with after a little trial and error.

Here's the clip from the Carrier Assault game I shared on the Battle Feed, great ending as well.....even if I do say so myself:D

PTFO

Decided to try out Sharefactory earlier, first time I've ever done any editing of any kind so it took me a while to figure out what I was doing:o. Found it quite good to be honest and fairly easy to get to grips after a little trial and error.

Here's the clip from the Carrier Assault game I shared on the Battle Feed, great ending as well.....even if I do say so myself:D

PTFO

You're working the P90 fairly well. A nice spray on it so no need to look down the sights. That chopper at the end was awesome.

+Sharefactory has a nice few features which is good.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    You're working the P90 fairly well. A nice spray on it so no need to look down the sights. That chopper at the end was awesome.

+Sharefactory has a nice few features which is good.

Only just unlocked it actually(32 kills so far) so I'm still trying to get used to it. Absolutely love the huge magazine on it.
    Not sure anything will wrestle the MPX outta my hands in the long run though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Honestly it's really confusing.

If you're Squad leader and issue a command you get bonus points whenever a squad mate attacks/defends/captures a base (or M-COM). And if you're a squad member you get points for following the order.

It's almost as if the people playing don't want extra points. Although in saying that you also get extra points for following a commander's orders (sometimes it works) but other times the commander just sends you to attack/defend the base in the middle of an absolutle cluster-**** with no hope of any kind of strategic advantage.

The worst is when you request an order and the SL actually bothers to respond, but gives you a negative. WTF?

Guys can you help please.

My 10 year old forgot his PSN password and when he requests another he has to put in his DOB but he had to lie on that (as he is under 18) so can't remember the date and therefore they wont issue a new password - some mess.

If that can be sorted can I delete his account from my PS4 and open another and if so will have have access to PSN and BF4 premium etc?

Guys can you help please.

My 10 year old forgot his PSN password and when he requests another he has to put in his DOB but he had to lie on that (as he is under 18) so can't remember the date and therefore they wont issue a new password - some mess.

If that can be sorted can I delete his account from my PS4 and open another and if so will have have access to PSN and BF4 premium etc?

You would be able to access PSN but BF4 Premium is linked via Origin. In BF3 you could link up more than one PSN account to a single Origin account (not sure if it is the same with BF4) so it might work.

How do I retrieve his password when I don't know the dob he put down?

Now I'm not saying I won't be on BF4 tonight, but this happened...............
    20140903_130438_zpsrdsz0prz.jpg

For HYRULE:D

How do I retrieve his password when I don't know the dob he put down?

I'd say just contact them and explain the situation. I doubt you're the first person that's used a fake dob for their PSN account. I'd be surprised if they didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd say just contact them and explain the situation. I doubt you're the first person that's used a fake dob for their PSN account. I'd be surprised if they didn't help.

I used to get it all day in Xbox, couldn't really do anything about customers using fake email addresses or fake DOB, they may ask you have you used a credit card on the account ever or redeemed any tokens and if you did, do you have the last four digits of it...

Only then could it be sent to a special team who check if its your console and IP etc and they decide do you get the account back...

I'm sure Sony have a similar enough procedure.... (I would hope!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Now I'm not saying I won't be on BF4 tonight, but this happened...............
    20140903_130438_zpsrdsz0prz.jpg

For HYRULE:D

**** BF4, a bit of GoldenEye with the lads, Temple map - grenade launchers and P90s

I sat down to play BF4 yesterday, spied the Wii U on loan from sis in law in the house and played Mario Kart 8 for 3 hours instead, its deadly, and so is 3D Land

Tempted to buy one, purely for Nintendo games tbh, then I wake up and realise I'm not 14 anymore and stick on BF4.... ;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Tempted to buy one, purely for Nintendo games tbh, then I wake up and realise I'm not 14 anymore and stick on BF4.... ;)

Apparently retro is cool now though, f*ckin hipsters :(

I've been longing to buy it for years and finally decided to just get 1 as an early birthday/Christmas present. Found a site that sells refurbished consoles and managed to get a great price for the whole thing so I'm pretty damn happy with myself.They say you should never meet your heroes so I'm genuinely hesitant to play Zelda again as an adult(man-child is probably more accurate).......maybe I'll just look at it fondly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Apparently retro is cool now though, f*ckin hipsters :(

I've been longing to buy it for years and finally decided to just get 1 as an early birthday/Christmas present. Found a site that sells refurbished consoles and managed to get a great price for the whole thing so I'm pretty damn happy with myself.They say you should never meet your heroes so I'm genuinely hesitant to play Zelda again as an adult(man-child is probably more accurate).......maybe I'll just look at it fondly.....

damn i have them in the attic,if i knew you were looking one i could have giving you a good deal on it young fella :),or would you have not just playing an emulator version,hmm must have a look to see what games i have for it

cobraeire wrote: »
    damn i have them in the attic,if i knew you were looking one i could have giving you a good deal on it young fella :)

Much appreciated Cobra, not sure your 'older' hands....*cough*arthritis*cough*..... could even hold some of the early controllers anyway, ha ha. Coincidentally, when it was mentioned to my uncle that I'd bought the N64 he replied that he still had my original console:pac:. Completely forgot that I gave it to him years ago. I'll get some games off him though so it's entirely a failure
    cobraeire wrote: »
    or would you have not just playing an emulator version,hmm must have a look to see what games i have for it

An emulator?........eewh.

I'm sure many of you have seen the post DICE put up on Battlelog regarding cheating. It reminded me of the 2 guys several of us reported for boosting and maybe it's just a coincidence, but neither of them have been online in a week :D

VICTORY! Maybe....

I'd like to introduce a new idea if anyone is up for it. I used to do this with a group of friends I had on BF3 a while back and it went really well until people started using it to annoy each other so I pulled the plug on it but that's a different story.

It's allowing players (posters) the ability to pick the participant's kit. I have an old template done up if anyone is interested. I'll just post a quick example so you have the idea.

Name: XtraFalcon
    Kit: Assault
    Weapons
    Primary: AR160
    Attachments: Laser sight and Muzzle break
    Secondary: User choice
    Grenades: Flares
    Gadget 1: Medic Bag
    Gadget 2: M320 FB
    Additional Objective: Score in the top 5 at the end of a Conquest Round. (This is optional)

Just a little idea of mine I'm trying to revive. You can basically create a kit for someone and challenge them to do well. There are a lot of things you can do but I'd prefer to leave them out of it to see if people actually want to go for the idea or not.

Due to the massive amounts of attachments available (and weapons) it's best if you are challenging someone to use Battlelog to see the list of stuff available to them. Find mine here

TL;dr - Customise a kit and make an additional objective for someone to do well with.

^^^
    I like that idea. It'll encourage people to try use unorthodox weapons as well so win win.

Think it'd be great to see if a squad of us running with derpy loadouts could still do well :D

Just a heads up on what to expect when the new patch goes active. Can't be much more of a wait now I'd imagine.

I'd like to introduce a new idea if anyone is up for it. I used to do this with a group of friends I had on BF3 a while back and it went really well until people started using it to annoy each other so I pulled the plug on it but that's a different story.

How about whoever picks the loadout, has to be the next person to take part? A few of us put up some suggestions and if XtraFalcon happens to pick my loadout for instance, then I'll have to do the challenge next.

Just for clarification, no troll loadouts?? :)

• Advertisement

How about whoever picks the loadout, has to be the next person to take part? A few of us put up some suggestions and if XtraFalcon happens to pick my loadout for instance, then I'll have to do the challenge next.

Just for clarification, no troll loadouts?? :)

Yeah that's a good way to work it.

Let's keep the troll kits to a minimum that's what caused it to fail last time. People were choosing kits like Assault and they could only use a knife and C4 so basically they could only use a knife and the additional challenge was 5 headshots in a round so that was next to impossible to complete.

If anyone wants to throw up a kit for myself(or anyone else) feel free. I'm starting a job tomorrow so I might not be too eager to try it until the weekend rolls around.

And if anyone else has any other ideas to add fire away.

Advertisement