Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

SharpCoder wrote: »
    bit jammy there spongebob lol

Thanx Tic Tac, but I prefer to call it calculated good fortune :D I shot into the pilots side of the windshield with the intent of hitting him, so meh, I'll take it. Here's the full clip from that flag, I'd just knifed him and he was coming back for vengeance seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Objectives: Complete the Open Fire, The 'I' In Team, Middle King, Recoil Kinetics and ? Assignment

Kit: Assault
    Primary: Scar-H
    Attachments: Coyote Sight, Muzzle Brake, Angled Grip
    Secondary: Unica 6
    Grenades: RGO Impact
    Gadgets: M320 HE, Defibs

Kit: Recon
    Primary: M40A5
    Attachments: Whatever suits you best
    Secondary: Unica 6
    Grenades: RGO Impact
    Gadgets: SUAV, PLD

Well i did ok this evening, completed Open Fire using the Assault class. I was running around like a crazy man with my defibs out for at least two rounds! lol
    Good fun though. Liking the Scar-H more than i did before too. Also completed Middle King and the Curve Ball assignment as well. :D
    Only 7 more headshots to get for Recoil Kinetics and 1 Sniper Ribbon for 'I' in Team. I was getting more hitmarkers than anything else with the sniper tonight so will try again this coming week! Cheers for the spots though Darren! :)

keithc83 wrote: »
    Well i did ok this evening, completed Open Fire using the Assault class. I was running around like a crazy man with my defibs out for at least two rounds! lol
    Good fun though. Liking the Scar-H more than i did before too. Also completed Middle King and the Curve Ball assignment as well. :D
    Only 7 more headshots to get for Recoil Kinetics and 1 Sniper Ribbon for 'I' in Team. I was getting more hitmarkers than anything else with the sniper tonight so will try again this coming week! Cheers for the spots though Darren! :)

I highly recommend the L85A2, very very good gun. Scar-H is my go to Assault weapon, hits like a truck and if you can get used to tap firing it, it'll destroy everything at most ranges.
    That defensive perk is the sniper rifle and shotguns worst enemy. Takes away the hit one kill potential up close and can leave you in a lot trouble. Ironically, I find I get significantly more kills with the sniper rifle I'd I get right up on the front lines. You'll often spot 2 or 3 guys running across you to get to a flag. Try put the Canted Ironsights on and see how you get on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Player: None - Open Challenge
    Objective: 100 Kills with the AUG A3 based off of your current kill count.
    Primary: AUG A3
    Attachments: Any sight and barrel attachment you wish. No other attachments allowed.
    Secondary: Short-12G
    Grenades: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: Medic Bag - M320(Any) OR Defibrillator (Medic Bag is mandatory)
    Time Limit: Sept 30th - 8 Days
    Additional Information:

Like this post to take part and I'll list your current kill count.

Name|Current Kills|Target Kills
    XtraFalcon|24|124
    paul_booth_fan|Completed
    GerryB--|Completed
    Keithc83|136|236
    Blank|Blank|Blank

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Ha, by pure coincidence, I was changing my loadout after the Wall Of Shotgun Assignment earlier and I decided I was going to focus on the AUG for the while. Loved it in BF3, got nearly 1500 kills with it, didn't realise just how much I'd neglected it this time round :(. Looking forward to this now.

Can I use a flash hider? Doesn't alter the weapons attributes or anything so.......?

• Advertisement

Can I use a flash hider? Doesn't alter the weapons attributes or anything so.......?

All Barrel attachments approved.

All Barrel attachments approved.

So only barrel and sights? Grand so. Just don't want to another SR-2.......... sorry, JS2..........fiasco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Attachments: Any sight and barrel attachment you wish. No other attachments allowed.
    Additional Information:

XtraFalcon|24|124
    paul_booth_fan|35|135
    Blank|Blank|Blank
    Blank|Blank|Blank

The AUG is actually pretty decent once there's a scope on it. I never would've given it a second look

So only barrel and sights? Grand so. Just don't want to another SR-2.......... sorry, JS2..........fiasco :pac:
    1238512875_boxer-uppercuts-himself.gif
    Approved Items
    Sights:
    Iron
    Reflex
    ACOG
    M145
    Holo
    Kobra
    Coyote
    HD-33
    PKA-S
    IRNV
    FLIR
    PRISMA
    PK-A
    JGM-4
    PSO-1

Barrels:
    Standard
    Muzzle brake
    Compensator
    Flash Hider
    Heavy Barrel
    Suppressor
    LS06 Suppressor
    PBS-4 Suppressor
    R2 Suppressor

Banned Items:
    Any Accessory including flash lights - Scope enhancers or lasers.
    Any Underbarrel attachment in the form of any grips or bipods HOWEVER the UGL Rail can be used if you're using one of the M320 gadgets.
    Game enhancing drugs such as horse steroids.

Failure to follow the rules will result in vile punishment.

Once I get the 100th kill in about 5 minutes should I choose my own attachments or will I just keep going with this setup. So much fun :D Love the AUG

Results from tonight session;

zaDuhzD.png?1

Really enjoying the AUG, can't wait to actually put some attachments on it:D

• Advertisement

Once I get the 100th kill in about 5 minutes should I choose my own attachments or will I just keep going with this setup.

Really enjoying the AUG, can't wait to actually put some attachments on it:D

You're finished the challenge so you can do whatever you like with it.

The Steyr AUG is my favourite weapon in real life. So I'm really looking forward to see how the bare-bones weapon works in comparison with BF3

You're finished the challenge so you can do whatever you like with it.

The Steyr AUG is my favourite weapon in real life. So I'm really looking forward to see how the bare-bones weapon works in comparison with BF3

I decided to stay true to the restrictions for all of last nights gameplay. I'm really starting to like the AUG again.
    It's base accuracy is supposedly one of the worst in the Assault Class but I never would've guessed to be honest. Consistently dropping people at most ranges, and it seemed to work very with my play style; i.e stupidly aggressive(mostly to my own detriment :(). Compensator + Ergo Grip + Laser Sight and it should be a very capable up close as long as you manage the horrendous reload speed.

Done.. And I have to say, the AUG is unreal. The shorty 12g on the other hand is the most useless piece of shít I've ever seen in a FPS. You'd probably do more damage throwin the shells at the opponents...

Okay I've edited the post too many times so "Thanks" are no longer applicable - Post if you're taking part.

EDIT - The thanks have come back again - Boards.ie is acting a bit strange tonight.

Here's the results from my Loadout Challange for the week;

d2cN7OS.png?2
    EAwxh5N.png?5M9i3bJo.png?2

The Stealth Assassin was my main objective for the week and it was as infuriatingly frustrating as I thought it would be. To be honest.......I did have great fun trying:D. Nothing worse than finishing a round with 3 dogtags, 1 short of the Melee Ribbon, and literally having nothing to show for it. Shame I never got to a chance to gut me a Cobra though:p

Regarding the weapons, I really enjoyed the M16, despite my hatred for burst-fire guns in this game. I still find them to be inconsistant though, I tend to shoot 1 burst too few or too much. Takes a while to get used to the timing to burst fire effectively as well. At times it felt like I was getting close to the 800RPM but other times I noticed myself that I was spamming the trigger and the firerate would stutter, usually resulting in my death. Overall though, I'll be using the M16 more often in the future, probably play around with the sights and attachments although the heavy barrel and ACOG work quite well.

JS2 is still sh1te. 'Nuff said

Was playing a few rounds last night for the challenges, Open and Recoil Kinetics, the last part to Darren's.
    The Aug is a decent gun. Nearly completed the challenge for it. Even without attachments it was taking people out at most ranges. Only downside is the reload speed. And when you have the Shorty as your secondary to switch to when you haven't the time to reload, you are going to die a lot! Its a terrible shotty, nothing good to say about it.
    I don't know how many more headshots i have to go for RK, possibly 5, but i should finally get there this week.

Have any of you seen players put spawn beacons in the most ridiculous places? I saw quite a few players on opposite teams use them to pretty good effect by having them hid really really well. It seemed like most of my team were clueless as to how to stop them.

Was playing a few rounds last night for the challenges, Open and Recoil Kinetics, the last part to Darren's.
    The Aug is a decent gun. Nearly completed the challenge for it. Even without attachments it was taking people out at most ranges. Only downside is the reload speed. And when you have the Shorty as your secondary to switch to when you haven't the time to reload, you are going to die a lot! Its a terrible shotty, nothing good to say about it.
    I don't know how many more headshots i have to go for RK, possibly 5, but i should finally get there this week.

Have any of you seen players put spawn beacons in the most ridiculous places? I saw quite a few players on opposite teams use them to pretty good effect by having them hid really really well. It seemed like most of my team were clueless as to how to stop them.

Jesus we must have been on the same team then.. I'd spawn, run for a second or two and get killed by one of the five or six lads waiting to kill me from behind. I'm new to battlefield so I don't understand all the ins and outs of it but there's an obvious difference between inexperienced an shít..

GerB40 wrote: »
    Jesus we must have been on the same team then.. I'd spawn, run for a second or two and get killed by one of the five or six lads waiting to kill me from behind.

That's how i felt as well....and yeah almost always shot from behind. Were you playing on vanilla maps? I definitely don't know all the ins and outs but in the last couple of days I have seen a lot of players using more spawn beacons. And when you have a well organised squad against you using those, no matter how decent you are at BF4, its going to be difficult to win that battle. In most game modes, imo, a good squad that's communicating is invaluable because at least then you have a better chance to take an objective, keep it, and turn the game around.

That's how i felt as well....and yeah almost always shot from behind. Were you playing on vanilla maps? I definitely don't know all the ins and outs but in the last couple of days I have seen a lot of players using more spawn beacons. And when you have a well organised squad against you using those, no matter how decent you are at BF4, its going to be difficult to win that battle. In most game modes, imo, a good squad that's communicating is invaluable because at least then you have a better chance to take an objective, keep it, and turn the game around.

Right, here's how noob I am. What's a vanilla map??

GerB40 wrote: »
    Right, here's how noob I am. What's a vanilla map??

So the basic maps that are in Battlefield 4, those would be classed as vanilla. Maps like Flood Zone, Lancang Dam, Rogue Transmission, etc.
    Then you have the expansion packs China Rising, Second Assault, Naval Strike and Dragon's Teeth that added extra maps.

• Advertisement

So the basic maps that are in Battlefield 4, those would be classed as vanilla. Maps like Flood Zone, Lancang Dam, Rogue Transmission, etc.
    Then you have the expansion packs China Rising, Second Assault, Naval Strike and Dragon's Teeth that added extra maps.

Gotcha.. Ya I was on the vanilla maps playing domination to level up the AUG.. Server browser is the only way to go, quick match is too full of mismatched teams, and I'm always on the shít one...

Not a fan of domination, usually play TDM or Conquest Large. I've played a little bit of Rush too but not recently. Server browser is the best way to go alright, sometimes I will use Quick Match for TDM but very rarely. I think you just need to be lucky to find a decent team to be on. The last couple of nights though I think for most of the time my luck was out! lol

Additional Information:

I finally completed this challenge tonight Falcon. I really enjoyed using the Aug and the challenge, will definitely be using this again in the future! Got my highest kill total yet using it tonight. As for the Shorty...eh...we shall see. :pac:

Boards won't let me edit any of my posts so I'll just re-post the bloody thing.

XtraFalcon|24|124
    paul_booth_fan|Completed
    GerryB--|Completed
    Keithc83|Completed

Looks like it's just me left to finish up. I'll take a shot at it tomorrow - In between getting my commander ribbons and trying to come up with a new open challenge for next week.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free. (Both the AUG challenge and coming up with a new open challenge)

Looks like it's just me left to finish up. I'll take a shot at it tomorrow - In between getting my commander ribbons and trying to come up with a new open challenge for next week.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free. (Both the AUG challenge and coming up with a new open challenge)

I'm hoping to get those annoying Second Assault Assignments finished, or at least some of them anyway. So if anyone is up for some CTF in the next few days just let me know:).
    I'll be working on the loadout for Cobra tomorrow as well so start taking those heart pills old man, you could be in for a shock :pac:

As mentioned in the video, nearly every aspect of BF4 will have something adjusted this Tuesday. There's been over 20 CTE patches so far, I think, so this will be big. From player movement to bullet damage(and velocity) and the grenade rebalancing etc, it might take a while to get used to. It could be subtle changes or it could be huge, probably wise not to underestimate it though.

Playlist on PS4 Web browser - Bottle of bulmers on my left and tablet at 100% battery - Now to get angry at stupid people not following orders

Loadout Challenge

Player: cobraeire

Kit: Engineer
    Primary: AK 5C
    Attachments: Red Dot Sight, Stubby Grip, Flash Hider, Tactical Light
    Secondary: CZ-75, green laser
    Grenades: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: SMAW, Repair Tool

Objectives: Complete the Stealth Assassin(6 Melee Ribbons), Co-Pilot(5 Squad Repairs) and Swedish Steel Assignments, plus 1 bonus objective :D

Nothing too stressful old man, I purposely tried to keep the assignments related so you can go after multiple at once. The AK 5C is probably one of the most consistent guns in the game. Low recoil, decent ROF, accurate, quick reload and versatile.

Now for my bonus objective...........100 kills with the SG553.
    I said it 2 weeks ago that, in my opinion, there's a gun you have criminally underused. To be honest, I rarely see anyone running so I'm not singling you out :). I absolutely love this gun, it's ROF is somewhat on the high end for carbines so it's extremely competitive up close. Yet it's still very easy to burst fire at range. Enjoy

Loadout Challenge

Player: cobraeire

Kit: Engineer
    Primary: AK 5C
    Attachments: Red Dot Sight, Stubby Grip, Flash Hider, Tactical Light
    Secondary: CZ-75, green laser
    Grenades: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: SMAW, Repair Tool

Tact light AND a green laser. You'll be noticeable regardless which weapon you have out.

Well I won't be spawning on you while you're doing this challenge.

• Advertisement

Tact light AND a green laser. You'll be noticeable regardless which weapon you have out.

Well I won't be spawning on you while you're doing this challenge.

Well remember that the tactical light is normally off and only actually comes on while ADS, can give ya a little edge during a gunfight.

Advertisement