Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    If anyone wants to throw up a kit for myself(or anyone else) feel free. I'm starting a job tomorrow so I might not be too eager to try it until the weekend rolls around.

Ok, it was tough to resist the troll but I think I did ok here. I think it's only appropriate that XtraFalcon is first up on the chopping block so after checking out your Battlelog and looking at your stats etc, this is what I came up with:D.

Player: XtraFalcon
    Kit: Support

Primary: M249
    Attachments: Coyote Sight, Compensator, Stubby Grip
    Secondary: Deagle
    Grenades: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: C4 & Ammo Box

Game Mode: Conquest or Chainlink on any DRAGONS TEETH map

Optional Objective: Complete the Phantom Trainee Assignment:pac:

I noticed from your stats that Support is your least used class so I thought that if I wasn't going to troll, I'd at least put you outta your comfort zone:P. The M249 is an absolute monster and massively under-used. I haven't really used it since Naval Strike but it's still my top weapon(1,368 kills). 200 round box magazine and 800RPM means lots of fun. The Coyote is obvious, Compensator will reduce the fairly significant horizontal recoil while the Stubby Grip will keep the weapon bloom in check.
    I noticed that you need LMG kills towards the Phantom Initiate Assignment so this loadout is aimed at that. By playing Dragons Teeth you'll have plenty of infantry focused action to rack up the kills, while working towards your City Slicker Assignment as well.
    The optional objective is the Phantom Trainee Assignment. You only need 2 Shotgun Ribbons to complete the assignment so you could probably knock that out in an agressive round of Chainlink. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Dont like that @ all...hover tanks...ffs get ta fook

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Will try my best to do this at the weekend - Will be playing few normal matches until then to get back into the the swing of things. I won't touch the M249 until then

• Advertisement

Screenshot_2014-09-11-20-18-48-1_zpsv22zdczm.png

Whoooo, only 46 more of these bad boys and I'll get the "melee expert' dogtag......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hey guys, what ya think of Final Stand? Looks very good to me, good to see big maps again, I've been playing China Rising recently and I really think that is an under-rated DLC; makes a good change from CQC.

Downside is the hover tanks which is a step too far; just seems ridiculous to be honest.

Another downside is the expected compliants for BF fans for the "maps being too big", "too much snow" and "too many vehicles" and asking for the AN94, M16A3 and Ziba Tower back... its like going to a football match and saying they should be using a rugby ball... most youtubers are so guilty of this with their obsession of using the assault class and not being able to use a vehicle, Matimi0, Jack Frags and Xfactor excluded.

Seriously though, when the feck will I ever see a server with premium maps on it; so tired of playing the same maps in the same rotation, that is one thing BF3 had far better

LSKwuHz.png

And so the games will begin.

mozattack wrote: »
    Hey guys, what ya think of Final Stand? Looks very good to me, good to see big maps again, I've been playing China Rising recently and I really think that is an under-rated DLC; makes a good change from CQC.

I like the new maps from what I've seen so far. I really enjoy the larger 64 man, vehicle heavy maps to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love the fast paced CQB as well but vehicles are what makes Battlefield what it is. I've long been a fan of China Rising, definitely underrated.

Yeah the HoverTanks genuinely are ridiculous. I know Final Stand is somewhat of a prequel dlc to BF2142 but they shouldn't really be in this game. From what I've seen they can change direction far too easily and far too quickly, making C4 next to impossible.

The one potential problem I noticed with Final Stand is something that really bugs me about Naval Strike. There always seems to be a critical shortage of transport vehicles. I've often spawned in on a flag only to find no vehicles anywhere. End up having to run or even swim to the next objective :(. Still plenty of time for them to adjust it, and to be honest, if I noticed it from 7 or 8 minutes of gameplay then surely those playing at the EA event noticed it.

I agree with you completely regarding the average Assault Class only "bring back my M16A3" Battlefield fan and a lot of the Youtubers are very guilty of it as well. That's why Matimi0 is probably my favourite Battlefield channel(after Neebs Gaming......obviously:D). I find him to be a very very adaptable infantry player, can eeffectively use all the classes and is something of a SRAW rainman:pac: Doesn't take it too serious either, and I loved his 'mind games' series. On the other hand you have Xfactor...........nearly a 4 k/d and almost 1300 SPM after 700hrs of play. Should have PTFO tattooed on his forehead for **** sake. Guy is an absolute monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Well folks Bf4 is the first battlefield I've played but I'm nearly lv 60 now so I'm a bit shìt but not too shít. Add me if ye want but don't expect miracles...

PSN = GerryB--

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Rory McNicholas

MarcellusCrow
    Looking for a Squad/Clan to join and play with :)

No problem lads,will add yis now or if you like to join up :
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Why the **** are my pictures coming up so damn massive? They seem fine on my phone but on the laptop now they appear to have been stuck down with gigantism :pac:

Why the **** are my pictures coming up so damn massive? They seem fine on my phone but on the laptop now they appear to have been stuck down with gigantism :pac:

I think you have been struck down with noobism :P

Final Results after last night :

JUe28A5.jpg?1

And as for the weapon it's made a splash in my top 5 weapons (After such a short use)

xkvlukq.jpg

You can expect the details for your challenge during the week Darren :D

cobraeire wrote: »
    I think you have been struck down with noobism :P

Now now Cobra, I like to think I have maintained a constant level of Noobism regarding my posts:). What I mean is, proportionally my photos appear much larger on the laptop relative to the size of the post. XtraFalcons posts for example, are the same size whether viewed on my phone or the laptop. In my post however, the picture of my Melee Ribbons looks perfectly proportioned on the phone but takes up a huge chunk of the post on the computer. I almost always use my phone so I've never noticed before, just don't want to spam everyone's computer screens with massive images.
    And as for the weapon it's made a splash in my top 5 weapons (After such a short use)

xkvlukq.jpg

You can expect the details for your challenge during the week Darren :D

M249??.............you're welcome, ha. LMGs are great fun as long as you stop worrying about accuracy. You did some work alright with it as well. As far the roadkills; t'was a beautiful sight to watch you use the quad bike as a wrecking machine on Propaganda, they scattered like bowling pins, bless em. No narrow alley was safe:D.
    I look forward to the challenge Chris......knife perhaps????

M249??.............you're welcome, ha. LMGs are great fun as long as you stop worrying about accuracy. You did some work alright with it as well. As far the roadkills; t'was a beautiful sight to watch you use the quad bike as a wrecking machine on Propaganda, they scattered like bowling pins bless him. No narrow alley was safe:D.
    I look forward to the challenge Chris......knife perhaps????

Yeah I've given up on my accuracy dream at the moment. I would actually trade the entire 15 kills on the bike for that one where the guy turned right at the last moment to see me smash him into the wall.

I'll be kind and give you something with the knife to fuel your addiction - I'll see if I can add a spin on things.
    In my post however, the picture of my Melee Ribbons looks perfectly proportioned on the phone but takes up a huge chunk of the post on the computer. I almost always use my phone so I've never noticed before, just don't want to spam everyone's computer screens with massive images.

I think it would depend on who you use to host the image with. I know there's some sites that just blow the picture up if it's being hosted. You might want to try Imgur if you get a chance. That's what I use, it might keep your images normal sized.

Any better??

8jV1OjW.png?2

Yeah that'll do. Imgur crop and resize to the rescue :D. Just a shame the mobile app is a little limited, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Any better??

Yeah that'll do. Imgur crop and resize to the rescue :D. Just a shame the mobile app is a little limited, oh well.

Not to worry, I'm sure there's help for the elderly.

Player: Paul_booth_fan
    Since you have a knife challenge and it will take you a while to complete I've designed 2 kits. You can complete the challenge with any kit but these will be your guidelines for these specific kits.

Main task: Complete the Stealth Assassin Assignment

Kit: Assault
    Primary: M16A4
    Attachments: ACOG Sight, Heavy Barrel , Angled Grip
    Secondary: Your choice
    Grenades: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: Medic bag and defibrillator

Kit: Engineer
    Primary: JS2
    Attachments: You can equip them as you see fit when you unlock them.
    Secondary: M1911
    Grenades: V40 Mini
    Gadgets: RPG and Repair tool

Kit: Recon
    Your choice

Kit: Support
    Your choice

Engineer kit may be more difficult to use but as you're going for knife kills it's not going to make a massive difference -- You didn't give me a lot of options since you've unlocked loads of attachments for nearly every weapon.

• Advertisement

Right here goes. I'm trying to unlock the UCAV for which I need 3 jet fighter ribbons. The thing is, I'm colour blind and I can't see a fúcking thing from jet. The red (?) markers teammates put up on players and vehicles aren't worth a shít to me so any suggestions??

P.S. Unlocking Air Burst is going to drive me insane. 3 bomber delivery ribbons, 20 UCAV kills. Fúck my eyes...

Edit: Probably wrong thread but still, any advice nah?

GerB40 wrote: »
    Right here goes. I'm trying to unlock the UCAV for which I need 3 jet fighter ribbons. The thing is, I'm colour blind and I can't see a fúcking thing from jet. The red (?) markers teammates put up on players and vehicles aren't worth a shít to me so any suggestions??

P.S. Unlocking Air Burst is going to drive me insane. 3 bomber delivery ribbons, 20 UCAV kills. Fúck my eyes...

Edit: Probably wrong thread but still, any advice nah?

Isn't there a colourblind option set already in the gameplay menu?

Isn't there a colourblind option set already in the gameplay menu?

Yeah but that only changes the colours of your team, your squad and your enemies.
    It works very well in that regard but it's the colours of the maps than fùck everything up for me.
    I'm obviously not suggesting changing the map colours for a small minority of people but a few hints and tips would be much appreciated...

Forgive my ignorance on colour blindness, but I assume the main issue is distinguishing the relatively bland vehicles from the relatively bland background? If it's something I struggle with occasionally then it must be exponentially more difficult for yourself. So just outta curiosity, would you notice a difference in trying to find a tank on land and trying to find a boat on water? Or are they equally as difficult?

Got 1 of my Bomber Delivery Ribbons alright but stuck on the other 2 :(

Forgive my ignorance on colour blindness, but I assume the main issue is distinguishing the relatively bland vehicles from the relatively bland background? If it's something I struggle with occasionally then it must be exponentially more difficult for yourself. So just outta curiosity, would you notice a difference in trying to find a tank on land and trying to find a boat on water? Or are they equally as difficult?

Got 1 of my Bomber Delivery Ribbons alright but stuck on the other 2 :(

I never see tanks on land, if I'm up a tower or something I can see them easier. Especially if they're moving.
    I can see boats no problem, the dark object on a bright background maybe? I don't know..

That's why I'm looking forward to Final Stand, lots of snowy backgrounds should make a good contrast to tanks, enemies and shyte...

Player: Paul_booth_fan
    Since you have a knife challenge and it will take you a while to complete I've designed 2 kits. You can complete the challenge with any kit but these will be your guidelines for these specific kits.

Main task: Complete the Stealth Assassin Assignment

Just to put that in context......even if everything goes perfectly, i.e whenever I knife 1 person in a round I go on to get the Ribbon......I still need 76 dogtags:eek:. That will probably translate into something closer to 150 realistically so it may take a while, ha.
    Kit: Assault
    Primary: M16A4
    Attachments: ACOG Sight, Heavy Barrel , Angled Grip
    Secondary: Your choice
    Grenades: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: Medic bag and defibrillator

Kit: Engineer
    Primary: JS2
    Attachments: You can equip them as you see fit when you unlock them.
    Secondary: M1911
    Grenades: V40 Mini
    Gadgets: RPG and Repair tool

I knew I'd regret mentioning how much I hate burst-fire weapons on chat the other night:D, thanx Chris. I'm gonna focus on these 2 kits anyway, simply because I hate the M16A4(I took the liberty of sticking on Canted Ironsights for CQB if you've no objections) and because I don't even have a single kill with the JS2. Both kits will work on Conquest as well and I'll need the longer rounds to try get the necessary knife kills. I'll probably focus on the Dragons Teeth maps, the reduced vehicle count means more infantry running around.

You didn't give me a lot of options since you've unlocked loads of attachments for nearly every weapon.

^^me

I never see tanks on land, if I'm up a tower or something I can see them easier. Especially if they're moving.
    I can see boats no problem, the dark object on a bright background maybe? I don't know..

That's why I'm looking forward to Final Stand, lots of snowy backgrounds should make a good contrast to tanks, enemies and shyte...

Yeah I thought the contrast, or lack thereof, would be the biggest problem alright.

My suggestion(it's what I actually did to get the Ribbons) would be to focus on Paracel Storm and the Naval Strike dlc and specifically the Attack Jets. I would have recommended those maps anyway, the fact you find boats easier to pick out is just a bonus. The 30mm GAU Cannon shreds everything and Laser Guided bombs make light work of Rhibs and Jet Skis, poor guys have no warning or defence against it. If you get really lucky, you can take out a fully loaded boat with 4 guys in mere seconds. Try focus on boats that are already taking fire and/or damaged and steal those kills like a boss. Drop your 2 bombs, just make sure you keep the lock until they hit, and try finish them with the Cannon. If you come in high and slow the boats can't even get a line of sight of you and return fire. Just give yourself enough time to pull up, I still over-commit way too often:mad:.
    I'm not a good pilot by any means, this is just what I did to get the Ribbons. Last tip I can think of is to probably look for servers that aren't full, gives you more of a chance to get the jet and reduces the odds of coming up against a pro pilot. Actually, now that I mention it, if you do come up against a good pilot, leave the server. Genuinely no point in wasting the whole round getting destroyed in a dogfight. Just leave and join a new server, I spent as much time swapping servers as I did actually flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

3766918147.png

Now that's a little more like it for a decent mb/s compared to the sh1t i was on in the old place! I should on more regularly again lads, and hopefully the EA servers aren't acting up too much these days seen as I've my connection up and running (at long last!) :D

I knew I'd regret mentioning how much I hate burst-fire weapons on chat the other night:D, thanx Chris. I'm gonna focus on these 2 kits anyway, simply because I hate the M16A4(I took the liberty of sticking on Canted Ironsights for CQB if you've no objections) and because I don't even have a single kill with the JS2.

Canted ironsights might actually work better than a RDS due to the slight recoil jump on the M16.

I haven't used the JS2 much but I do remember picking it up and getting the drop on a few people around corners which could be an advantage to certain DT maps.

Anyway if those 2 kits don't suit you - You can use your own for Support + Recon kits. I don't expect you to use the M16 while trying to retrieve all those dogtags - I'm not that cruel.

Just to add a bit of variety to games. I reckon you'll be knife crazy by the end of this challenge anyway.

• Advertisement

Canted ironsights might actually work better than a RDS
    I wouldn't mind an RDS but you gave me the super jumpy ACOG + Heavy Barrel ya fiend :)
    Anyway if those 2 kits don't suit you - You can use your own for Support + Recon kits. I don't expect you to use the M16 while trying to retrieve all those dogtags - I'm not that cruel.

Just to add a bit of variety to games. I reckon you'll be knife crazy by the end of this challenge anyway.

Ah it would be too easy if I picked my own kit. The whole point of this is to try loadouts we wouldn't normally choose so I'll stick with the M16 and JS2. I'll aim for 150-200 kills with each kit maybe. That'll give me a good sense of the gun and a good run at the Stealth Assassin Assignment.
    Don't think I'll ever knife again after these ridiculous melee assignments....

Advertisement