Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Just want to keep this separate to make it easy;

Could anyone else that's interested in taking part in XtraFalcons loadout challenge please thank this post. Just so we can nominate someone to do it next. I promise to be kind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Just want to keep this separate to make it easy;

Could anyone else that's interested in taking part in XtraFalcons loadout challenge please thank this post. Just so we can nominate someone to do it next. I promise to be kind :D

Would love to Darren but still inbetween moving house at the moment so not getting on much at the moment. Should be fully moved in 2 weeks from now so will put my name forward then.

Cobra has a killing machine mission on the go btw, couple of hours left on it. Get on there and keep the snake off the top spot!! ;-)

Would love to Darren but still inbetween moving house at the moment so not getting on much at the moment. Should be fully moved in 2 weeks from now so will put my name forward then.

Cobra has a killing machine mission on the go btw, couple of hours left on it. Get on there and keep the snake off the top spot!! ;-)

No problem, sure 2 weeks gives us plenty of time to think up a loadout for ya :)

Didn't even notice the mission until I was turning off Battlefield last night, and even then it told me it was over :(. Damn, think I'd 4 rounds with around 25 kills as well. Highly unlikely I'll get on in time today though. Got an engineer coming out to look at the boiler so who knows how long he'll be here.

No problem, sure 2 weeks gives us plenty of time to think up a loadout for ya :)

Didn't even notice the mission until I was turning off Battlefield last night, and even then it told me it was over :(. Damn, think I'd 4 rounds with around 25 kills as well. Highly unlikely I'll get on in time today though. Got an engineer coming out to look at the boiler so who knows how long he'll be here.

Yeah, accepted the mission yesterday but didn't get a gap to jump on and challenge cobras score of 16. I'm sitting on a monsterous score of 0 at the moment, which probably wouldn't have been too far off my score if I could actually get on for a few games :-)
    5 and half hours left, Ally and Xtrafalcon also invited so try get on lads, even if it means taking half day off work, otherwise we will never hear the end of it from the snake lol! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Yeah, accepted the mission yesterday but didn't get a gap to jump on and challenge cobras score of 16. I'm sitting on a monsterous score of 0 at the moment, which probably wouldn't have been too far off my score if I could actually get on for a few games :-)
    5 and half hours left, Ally and Xtrafalcon also invited so try get on lads, even if it means taking half day off work, otherwise we will never hear the end of it from the snake lol! ;-)

lol,yeah i jumped on for a bit yesterday,lagged out though,i`ll set up a few more and i`ll try paul and chris challenge :d

• Advertisement

cobraeire wrote: »
    lol,yeah i jumped on for a bit yesterday,lagged out though,i`ll set up a few more and i`ll try paul and chris challenge :d

Dammit Cobra, why aren't you Premium?? If anyone should be made unlock the Phantom reptile camo it's you, ya snakey bastard :D

Regarding the Loadout Challenge, we've got 2 brave volunteers so far, 3 when Paul moves in obviously(the other Paul.....Thurlesdrunk.......not this Paul.......I'm Darren.......not confusing at all..... ha).
    Works out well though. Maybe Keith this week and then Cobra next. Just in time for Thurles to take up his challenge then. Maybe run the challenge for a week or until it's completed, whatever comes first. Challenge starts on Monday and runs to Sunday night at which point we all put up our suggestions for the next participant to chose from. What ya think?

Ok, so I'm a retard. Engineer was only here for 15 seconds :pac:. So the kids asleep, missus not back from work yet, and Killing Machine mission accepted, COME ON!

Update; Killing Machine mission obliterated :D

cobraeire wrote:

Make sure there is a DMR with iron sights in Cobra's loadout Darren! He loves them! ;-)

Make sure there is a DMR with iron sights in Cobra's loadout Darren! He loves them! ;-)

Pew pew pew pew

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Regarding the Loadout Challenge, we've got 2 brave volunteers so far, 3 when Paul moves in obviously(the other Paul.....Thurlesdrunk.......not this Paul.......I'm Darren.......not confusing at all..... ha).
    Works out well though. Maybe Keith this week and then Cobra next. Just in time for Thurles to take up his challenge then. What ya think?

Yeah that would work, again though just make sure to give Cobra an extra special loadout! I hear he really does love his DMR's... :D lol

• Advertisement

keithc83 wrote: »
    Yeah that would work, again though just make sure to give Cobra an extra special loadout! I hear he really does love his DMR's... :D lol

Well the way it works is that we can all(5 of us so far) give a suggested loadout and it's up to the participant what loadout to run it. Gives you a bit of variety and hopefully means you won't have to run a weapon you really hate. I've 2 in mind for yourself already Keith, but you'll have a couple to choose from by Sunday.

By the way, I love the M16 now :D

I've 2 in mind for yourself already Keith, but you'll have a couple to choose from by Sunday.

By the way, I love the M16 now :D

I have been trying to use a few different weapons to unlock attachments for them. If i am having an awful time with any weapon, my go to is still the AWS. :D
    I couldn't get use to the M16, might give it a go again now that I feel a little more confident having a better connection and also the Unica at least for CQC.
    Looking forward to seeing some of the loadouts you came up with!

keithc83 wrote: »
    I have been trying to use a few different weapons to unlock attachments for them. If i am having an awful time with any weapon, my go to is still the AWS. :D
    I couldn't get use to the M16, might give it a go again now that I feel a little more confident having a better connection and also the Unica at least for CQC.
    Looking forward to seeing some of the loadouts you came up with!

There'll be nothing too mad, don't worry. You've actually got 3 assignments I really want you to complete so the loadouts will reflect that. I do have 1 curveball regarding the weapon you'll have to use though, can't have ya getting complacent:p.
    Same for Cobra, I'm looking on Battlelog here while the little plays and I've come up with a few options for him. Gonna be nice to the old man with my suggestion anyway, but I noticed there's a gun he has criminally underused so I'll have to try change that.

On the M16; Chris' suggested loadout for me actually worked quite well to be honest. I might change out the ACOG(and canted sights I stuck on) for a Coyote and the 2x magnifier after Sunday and see how that works. Found myself switching it to single fire and using it like a DMR for longer ranges with the heavy barrel and ACOG though. Canted sights even made it viable in close quarters. I wouldn't recommend getting up close until you're comfortable with the burst fire. The amount of times I got killed simply because I messed up the timing of bursts made it very unforgiving.
    Can honestly say I probably would've avoided using the M16 until I'd nothing else to left to get the Master Dog Tag for, if not for Chris' loadout. Sums up the whole idea of these challenges nicely I think...........................just dont mention the JS2, it's still SH1TE:mad:.

There'll be nothing too mad, don't worry. You've actually got 3 assignments I really want you to complete so the loadouts will reflect that. I do have 1 curveball regarding the weapon you'll have to use though, can't have ya getting complacent:p.

A curveball ehhhh, yeah i thought you might have one in there! :pac: lol
    I wonder which weapon that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

don't mention the JS2, it's still SH1TE:mad:.

I am considering removing it as it is actually completely cruel. The mag size of an assault rifle and the damage of a water pistol.

Time to utilize the Ballistic shield I think. :)

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I am considering removing it as it is actually completely cruel. The mag size of an assault rifle and the damage of a water pistol.

Time to utilize the Ballistic shield I think. :)

Well considering I've realistically only got a few hours of gameplay left until my Challenge is up(working tomorrow and Sunday), I'll trade you the JS2 for 1 kill with the Ballistic Shield.......:D
    Guaranteed that I'm not going to complete the Stealth Assassin challenge before Sunday but it was fun nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Eventually unlocked the UCAV airburst - been trying on and off for a number of months but it is only really possible on large ticket Silk Road maps (getting 3 kills in Bomber in a 800 ticket server is tough).

Ucav Airburst is clearly OP... ha-ha, I love it, I am murdering recon scum with it... it is some laugh, even for a complete noob weapon.

Top four weapons now:

1. RPG
    2. Claymore
    3. Lsat
    4. M2 slam

(shamed to say the AEK is 5th though)

22,500 kills and highest gun kill is 430 so no gun masterys!

mozattack wrote: »
    Ucav Airburst is clearly OP... ha-ha, I love it, I am murdering recon scum with it... it is some laugh, even for a complete noob weapon.

I've been working on the Bomber Delivery Ribbons on/off for the last month and only got 1 so far :(. Have you seen how to abuse the UCAV with a commander crate? By swapping kits at the crate you can negate the 90 second reload and get another one into air almost immediately.
    Top four weapons now:

1. RPG
    2. Claymore
    3. Lsat
    4. M2 slam

(shamed to say the AEK is 5th though)

22,500 kills and highest gun kill is 430 so no gun masterys!

Yeah your whole weapon list is somewhat unorthodox to say the least, kudos to you:D. I seem to be going to opposite way and am specifically aiming to try get the all the primary Mastery tags. Realistically is not gonna happen, but I wanna at least try. Only 13 outta the 81 done though, actually that's depressing now that I've spelt it out like that. Some of the shotguns and PDWs might get a miss to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Well considering I've realistically only got a few hours of gameplay left until my Challenge is up(working tomorrow and Sunday), I'll trade you the JS2 for 1 kill with the Ballistic Shield.......:D
    Guaranteed that I'm not going to complete the Stealth Assassin challenge before Sunday but it was fun nonetheless.

Well you can keep at it until you complete it, anyway I gave it to you on a tuesday so at the very least you have until then to make it a weekly thing. It's a challenge that's on a much larger scale (even though we've only had 1 challenge so far).

If the lads are interested we could start tomorrow OR we could start thinking up of kits for each other (or do an entire Squad loadout - I reckon a few rules will have to be introduced for this) and we could try it Sunday(tomorrow) week.

• Advertisement

Gonna put up my suggestion for Keith now cos I can't be arsed doing it after work later:p;

Player: keithc83
    Since you've already completed 1 of the assignments I was going to pick for you:mad:(MPX is awesome though, congrats) I've had to re-think my challenge this morning. So I got creative.............and/or mean............and came up with 2 Kits hoping to complete 5 Assignments and unlock 4 weapons. Yay.

Objectives: Complete the Open Fire, The 'I' In Team, Middle King, Recoil Kinetics and ? Assignment

Kit: Assault
    Primary: Scar-H
    Attachments: Coyote Sight, Muzzle Brake, Angled Grip
    Secondary: Unica 6
    Grenades: RGO Impact
    Gadgets: M320 HE, Defibs

Kit: Recon
    Primary: M40A5
    Attachments: Whatever suits you best
    Secondary: Unica 6
    Grenades: RGO Impact
    Gadgets: SUAV, PLD

The only awkward Assignment is the Open Fire one; you'll need 1 Pistol kill, 1 40mm grenade kill, and 1 defib kill all in the same round but the L85 is really worth the effort to unlock. Just make sure you fully charge the defibs to get the kill, the rest should be handy enough. For all the other Assignments you only need 1 Sniper Ribbon, 1 SUAV kill(use the PLD to spot camping recons) and a few more Unica headshots.
    Now for the ? Assignment......remember I said I had a curveball of a weapon for you to use?? Well you ruined it by unlocking the MPX so instead you'll have to complete the Curveball Assignment:D. You only need 1 more kill with the RGO Impact anyway so it'll be easy. Good Luck

I didn't like the M240B at first but once I got used to it, slapped a suppressor on, it really is the bomb.

Last night, M240B, Ucav and same cautious enough play = result

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/513447301852490112/278703154/

Yeah your whole weapon list is somewhat unorthodox to say the least, kudos to you:D. I seem to be going to opposite way and am specifically aiming to try get the all the primary Mastery tags. Realistically is not gonna happen, but I wanna at least try. Only 13 outta the 81 done though, actually that's depressing now that I've spelt it out like that. Some of the shotguns and PDWs might get a miss to be honest

For BF3 I had 50+ masteries and ended up with my knife and PP19 as top two weapons... funny really.

For BF4 I said will use the better weapons and clock up some better stats but when it came down to it I find it too hard to not mess about with the weapons but it certainly does effect performance. For now going to keep with the M240 and Ucav as it really is hilarious destoying the snipers with the UCAV

Anyone use the M60? I liked it a lot in BF3 but I don't feel the love with this gun in BF4 as the M240B and PKP (same damage model) are fair easier to use leaving the M60, and its unnatural recoil, a little unloved.

For BF3 I had 50+ masteries and ended up with my knife and PP19 as top two weapons... funny really.

For BF4 I said will use the better weapons and clock up some better stats but when it came down to it I find it too hard to not mess about with the weapons but it certainly does effect performance. For now going to keep with the M240 and Ucav as it really is hilarious destoying the snipers with the UCAV

I'm the opposite again :D I'll start out with the intention of using the weird guns or combinations but then get frustrated and unintentionally competitive go back to the better ones. Really want the UCAV Airburst though

Re UCAV Airburst, there is a Silk Road 400% American Conquest Server and that is where I got the last two ribbons.

Also when you get the cruise missile it is easy to get some infantry kills while being the bomber.

As I said, the UCAV is unnaturally OP but look if it means you can destoy some camping snipers I am all for it. I used to use the SUAV (35 kills) but this is a lot easier.

Just a heads up Keith, my suggested loadout is on the previous page

Oh yeah, this happened last night as well.............

Recon Anti-Air :D

Just a heads up Keith, my suggested loadout is on the previous page

Yeah cheers man I saw the loadouts. Haha sorry for ruining the curveball but I had been wanting to unlock the MPX for ages so I went into a few chainlink rounds yesterday and completed it. Should still be interesting, will be trying those out later tonight! :)
    By the way nice chopper pilot headshot too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Oh yeah, this happened last night as well.............

Recon Anti-Air :D

bit jammy there spongebob lol

Advertisement