Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing a lot of lag, frame frame drops etc. Been wierd the last few days

Have had some very bad frame rate drops myself specifically on the new DLC, especially since last weekend. Its making it unplayable at times...although I wasn't on yesterday so I don't know if it has become any worse/better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭brady12

I'll be on for a while alright. Preferably on the Dragons Teeth dlc if you've got it, if not i don't mind changing

Sorry lad. Having problems with my turtle beaches on ps4 so ended up playing titanfall :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    haha :D..if he put my copy of bf4 into his ps4, could he download them too? or is it a once off thing?

im glad the guy i bought it from on adverts.ie didnt do the download!

Not sure tbh,

If its included with the disc as free maybe delete his install, install your disc and the dlc, then try reinsert his disc and see will the dlc work off that?

Worth a shot - report back let me know how it goes, be interested to know for future games with on disc DLC...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

"DICE has outlined what to expect from Battlefield 4's next big update, due out in September.

The developer is using the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment to get feedback on how to improve the game, live producer David Sirland wrote on the Battlefield blog.

Chief among the tweaks is a change to soldier movement so that it closely matches the one in Battlefield 3, but without compromising the visual fidelity. This change also makes it easier to get away from undesirable firefights, Sirland added.

Elsewhere, DICE has de-cluttered the HUD to only show what is important. "We have added several options and functionality to make your screen much less cluttered (and give you a lot of choice in making it the way you want)."

This note on the weapon balance is interesting: "We've focused on maintaining a consistent Time To Kill (how long an average engagement lasts for). With the changes to visual recoil, the third person hit reactions and improved tickrates has been sped up somewhat as we still need to balance this with damage and recoil changes."

There's more on visual recoil, improvements to the revive mechanic and netcode improvements ("Making ping differences, trade kills and kills behind cover less of an issue by lowering the time allowed to damage on the client side"), and vehicle balance over on the Battlefield blog.

DICE will next look at improvement teamplay and the objective aspects of Battlefield 4. This includes everything from Commander, Squads, Field Upgrades and Game Mode improvements, features and bug fixes."

I finally should get a decent amount of time tonight to get back properly into BF4. Hopefully I don't get too many connection issues, they have been frustrating to say the least lately!
    But I will see some of you guys on later tonight! :)

• Advertisement

I know I am way behind the times here but I unlocked the Unica over the weekend. What was the best gamemode for you guys to get the headshots you need to unlock the deagle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

keithc83 wrote: »
    I know I am way behind the times here but I unlocked the Unica over the weekend. What was the best gamemode for you guys to get the headshots you need to unlock the deagle?

If you wanna do it quick then probably TDM(not sure if there are any high ticket count servers running). Probably best to just play it normally and go for headshots when you find stationery recons. That way you'll keep your rage down and controllers intact as opposed to going heads up against an Assault Rifles with your pistol.
    Rush could work as well, lots of campers usually :)

If you wanna do it quick then probably TDM(not sure if there are any high ticket count servers running). Probably best to just play it normally and go for headshots when you find stationery recons. That way you'll keep your rage down and controllers intact as opposed to going heads up against an Assault Rifles with your pistol.
    Rush could work as well, lots of campers usually :)

Cheers. I'll do that so. Yeah lets just say I tried to get some headshots on Conquest but it was frustrating as hell. The rage was there in spades... :pac:

Cheers. I'll do that so. Yeah lets just say I tried to get some headshots on Conquest but it was frustrating as hell. The rage was there in spades... :pac:

Yeah I found that when I was focused on getting the headshots I was getting very frustrated very quickly. Just play normal and pull the pistol when you have the advantage. Unica doesn't have exceptional aim down sights accuracy as far as I remember but it does hithard. So try stay up close and be mobile but if you can, STOP when you actually need to shoot. The Unica doesn't do hhp fire well so try to maximize your accuracy whenever possible.

TDM would be your best bet as Darren said. Due to the close quarters/ high damage kills.

You could also try and play as recon and drop a spawn beacon on rush and conquest while trying to sneak behind them for some back of the head kills. Might not work out so well due to the 'loudness' although snipers generally don't look around all that much.

• Advertisement

Looks like the FAMAS is the new going to be the go to gun for the Assault class after the upcoming patch. From what I've heard about it so far on the CTE(so it could change again) it's like the AEK with less recoil. Very interested to see if it stays that way though. I haven't got a single with the FAMAS yet so I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Looks like the FAMAS is the new going to be the go to gun for the Assault class after the upcoming patch. From what I've heard about it so far on the CTE(so it could change again) it's like the AEK with less recoil. Very interested to see if it stays that way though. I haven't got a single with the FAMAS yet so I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Will have to give it a go myself if thats the case.
    You got me nicely a couple of times last night Darren too! Well played! :pac:
    I tried out TDM as well like you were saying and have got a few headshots already in one night, only 14 more to go! So cheers for that, and thanks to Falcon too.

I also managed to unlock the L96A1 last night, and I found it to be a decent little sniper. I've only properly started taking a look at all the assignments recently and I have a lot of stuff yet to unlock. It'll have me busy for ages trying to complete some of them :)

You got me nicely a couple of times last night Darren too! Well played! :pac:

To be fair, I did get ya once just as you came up a ladder. I didn't realise it was you at first and I was going to shoot straight away. Then I seen your name, thought I'd let ya climb all the way up first :D

If you want assignment recommendations, I'd go for the MPX from Dragons Teeth, the AR160 from Naval Strike, the L85a2 from China Rising and the GOL Magnum from Second Assault. Should keep ya going for a while anyway :)

Edit: don't forget the AS Val from Second Assault either......

To be fair, I did get ya once just as you came up a ladder. I didn't realise it was you at first and I was going to shoot straight away. Then I seen your name, thought I'd let ya climb all the way up first :D

Nice of you to let me get all the way to the top of the ladder! :D
    I saw your name too just before you killed me, priceless.

I'll take a look at those assignments for sure. Definitely will keep me busy! Cheers Darren :)

Nice of you to let me get all the way to the top of the ladder! :D
    I saw your name too just before you killed me, priceless.

I'll take a look at those assignments for sure. Definitely will keep me busy! Cheers Darren :)

I absolutely love the MPX, managed to get my mastery dog tags(500 kills) for it in about a week or so :). The AR160 is a nice alternative for the Assault class and I'm really liking the L85 over the last few days. The GOL has a good ROF for a sniper so you can be aggressive in and around the flags, especially if you use the cantered iron sights or a 4× scope etc. The AS Val is a monster in close range, you may as well try be super aggressive with it cos the ammo doesn't last long :D

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled last night to get Lumphini Garden working.

After playing all of Dragon's teeth - The maps aren't actually bad (Chainlink). Most of my squad was in-sync with me constantly going up the flanks and completely wiping out the enemy 9 times out of 10.

Also when I went back into Rush for a game or two the Ballistic shield actually got us out of a spawn trap. I put up the shield with 2 guys firing over my head. It's not as strong as I originally thought (or it was changed).

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I uninstalled everything and reinstalled last night to get Lumphini Garden working.

After playing all of Dragon's teeth - The maps aren't actually bad (Chainlink). Most of my squad was in-sync with me constantly going up the flanks and completely wiping out the enemy 9 times out of 10.

Also when I went back into Rush for a game or two the Ballistic shield actually got us out of a spawn trap. I put up the shield with 2 guys firing over my head. It's not as strong as I originally though (or it was changed).

Glad you finally got it going Chris. I really enjoy Chainlink myself, it does play much better in a cohesive squad though. I'm usually forced to shout at my teammates to try push the outside lanes. They always seem to aim directly at the enemy line and try throw bodies at it. You're spot on in that 1 good flank that decimate their numbers and momentum.
    My only slight complaint about it would be that it can get very very one sided, very very quickly. Once you chain 4 or 5 of the points together, the match seems to end far too soon. Rarely allows the opposition time to fight back. I think the ticket bleed rate for Chainlink is being reduced in the patch next month so it should make for longer, more competitive rounds.

DAMMIT. The Killjoy assignment requires you to win a round of Chainlink by less than 50 tickets and I was looking odds on top do it at last. Less than 70 tickets left and the missus rang me so I had to put down the controller etc, came back to find we'd proceeded to LOSE by 24 tickets :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Famas being buffed? Totally unnecessary, less it has a poor recoil but the 1000 bullets in your face make up for that. I really like it, use it with suppressor the odd time.

Was looking at my stats; rank 120 and surely the only person at that level with no mastery dog tag? LOL. (that isn't by accident)

SR2 is incredible, I have been on file lately with it.

Famas being buffed? Totally unnecessary, less it has a poor recoil but the 1000 bullets in your face make up for that. I really like it, use it with suppressor the odd time.

Was looking at my stats; rank 120 and surely the only person at that level with no mastery dog tag? LOL. (that isn't by accident)

SR2 is incredible, I have been on file lately with it.

Yeah the FAMAS is just going to be another bog standard gun; increased ammo capacity, reduced recoil(both horizontal and vertical) and a reduced ROF. Very few niche weapons left at this stage

• Advertisement

I'd really like to see more guns have a different damage model, however unrealistic.

E.G. Famas could be 30 damage from 0-8 metres, falling down to 14 at range whereas the AEK could be 27 damage falling down to 15 (more slowly) at range and so on - the options are endless

Played a little of CTF the other day; was fun, but very hard to play the objective with the tempation being just to radio beacon their spawn and pick em off; my DMR had the time of its life the other night! CTF Metro is actually very good though.

I think some of the difficulty in weapon balance is that what works well on PC doesn't translate over to console. Vertical recoil is almost a non issue for any decent player on PC so the higher ROF guns can be used with little to no penalty. Infinitely more difficult with a controller. I agree with you Chris in that we do need more unique or unorthodox weapons to pick from.

Spent my available time this morning playing Chainlink and having a blast. I changed squads a few times cos I was getting frustrated with some of other players and eventually I got lucky and was in a very good squad. I got loads of points purely from being Squad Leader and the guys following orders. Lots of communication with mics and I managed something like 7 MVP awards in a row, well into double figures in total. Finished off by getting my AS Val and Ace 21 CQB Mastery Dog Tags and pushed my SPM up a bit as well so t'was a good session all round if I'm honest :D

Chain link is okay, not a bad addition but the game goes too fast so Id only be interested if the ticket count was raised.

Speaking of good squads; check this out, all of use top 4 DESPITE being randomers are having no in game comms.

Fair frustrating that other squad leaders aren't as good as the lad we had with us.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/499651370226910144/278703154/

Chain link is okay, not a bad addition but the game goes too fast so Id only be interested if the ticket count was raised.

Ticket bleed rate for Chainlink is supposedly being reduced in the next patch so it should make the games more competitive. I wouldn't like them to slow it down to Conquest standards or anything though. I think momentum is a huge part of the game mode and I like the idea of stopping an enemy surge and pushing back for the win. The rounds are far too short at the minute.
    Fair frustrating that other squad leaders aren't as good as the lad we had with us.

Nothing quite as effective as your Squad Leader being a Recon 700m from the nearest objective alright :D To be honest, I've been Squad Leader a few times and not even noticed for a while. Don't think you get a notification or anything to let you know you're now leading the squad, and with players coming and going between rounds it can go unnoticed.
    I normally find that either the Squad Leader is borderline incompetent(marking flags at random instead of in response to how the battle is going) or the squad just don't pay any attention to the orders and end up scattered all over the map. Both are pretty useless :(

Don't think you get a notification or anything to let you know you're now leading the squad, and with players coming and going between rounds it can go unnoticed.

That notification would come in very handy, like you Darren i have been Squad Leader and not noticed until I was spotting enemies and a flag they were on became highlighted :pac:
    If you do have a good Squad Leader, and a squad that actually follows the orders there is nothing better. Even if you are losing at least you know your squad is doing all they can to turn it around.

That notification would come in very handy, like you Darren i have been Squad Leader and not noticed until I was spotting enemies and a flag they were on became highlighted :pac:

Ha, it's so annoying when that happens. It always seems to happen just as your squad is about to take the flag as well :) Results in no extra points for anyone and me frantically hammering the spot button to try move it back.

I recently started using both the AEK and Mtar recently. The AEK is much better dealing with longer ranges but close range the Mtar annihilates anything else. I even got the drop on a few FAMAS users due to them running out of ammo and trying to swap to a sidearm (Strangely).

Depending on the type of map you're in I'd highly recommend those 2 weapons.

y9anKg5.jpgzSEHL1S.jpg
    I've been Squad Leader a few times and not even noticed for a while. Don't think you get a notification or anything to let you know you're now leading the squad, and with players coming and going between rounds it can go unnoticed.(

I've noticed on a few Twitch streams and such that there is a notification given that says "You are now the Squad leader" or something of that nature. But I think due to the amount of time stuff that pops up on screen "M-Com A has been Armed" - "The enemy captured B Flag" as well as server intros. I think people have just hard-coded it to not notice it anymore. I was once playing a round and one of my friends joined with me too focused on the game, I tried to mute him because the VOIP in the game annoys me and just as I scrolled over his name I released who he was so it is easy to get lost.

"You are now the Squad leader" does come up alright but yes I have sometimes not noticed it too.

Out of interest why is the Deagle's accuracy meant to be so bad (listed as 9) when really it is no different that any other pistol?

"You are now the Squad leader" does come up alright but yes I have sometimes not noticed it too.

Out of interest why is the Deagle's accuracy meant to be so bad (listed as 9) when really it is no different that any other pistol?

The Desert Eagle's accuracy is one of the lowest.

Yz4xOPi.jpg3tsoHDk.jpgtTG263v.jpg4NeEKg0.jpg

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I recently started using both the AEK and Mtar recently.

Yeah I love the AEK to be honest, closing in on 600 kills with it. Even when tap firing I tend to struggle at anything more than about medium range though. Up close it's an absolute monster as long as you try manage to reloads. Just started using the MTAR as well, hipfire is very very good, think I'll be using it a bit more often alright. As you said, both are very dependant on the map.

At range you start to notice the lack of accuracy. I think it's a 1 headshot kill out to something like 40m but I'd rarely take the shot at that range with the Deagle. If you stay up close you certainly don't see any accuracy problems unless you try spam the rounds in a panic, even while ADS.

Advertisement