Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Are Dublin Bus still recruiting this year or have they filled the positions? I applied start March and thought I would have heard something at this stage re an aptitude test.

According to Dublin Bus all applications received by March 31st will be processed.
    Its a waiting game I,m afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Vtwin duke wrote: »
    According to Dublin Bus all applications received by March 31st will be processed.

Have you applied yourself?

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Have you applied yourself?

I did yea, 2 months to the day now

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Vtwin duke wrote: »

DB don't fo anything quick. Every process is long and drawn out.

LastStop wrote: »
    DB don't fo anything quick. Every process is long and drawn out.

I am beginning to agree with you lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Bus Eireann are currently recruiting drivers in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda and Waterford. D licence+CPC holders only.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=452

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Bus Eireann are currently recruiting drivers in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda and Waterford. D licence+CPC holders only.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=452

Seasonal only in waterford and cork. Can't say for the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

had my driving test and interview few days ago. Driving test was good. Don't know about interview. fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Great to hear btmp75. Im sure you are grand..

Fingers crossed for ya.

btmp75 wrote: »
    had my driving test and interview few days ago. Driving test was good. Don't know about interview. fingers crossed..

Hope u hear good news soon fella

• Advertisement

Anyone apply mid Feb and hear about assessment date?
    Coming up to 3 months since submitted application...yikes..

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Any women get the call yet from DB??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I saw a thing today on Facebook someone shared or liked Dualway looking for bus drivers if anyone interested.

Thank you guys....they rang me for medical by the end of this month. Thank god. Hopefully everything will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 affected mostly

Done my driving assessment last week and have a medical end of month, anyone know how long after the medical they will start you (assuming the medial is passed)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

I did my medical start of February and didn't start till last week. Be prepared for a long wait. Things like Garda vetting can really hold you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

Wolf219 wrote: »
    I did my medical start of February and didn't start till last week. Be prepared for a long wait. Things like Garda vetting can really hold you up.

Did you have a D licence already, or just the B car one ?

D licence

Done my driving assessment last week and have a medical end of month, anyone know how long after the medical they will start you (assuming the medial is passed)

What date is your medical. Mine is 27th.

btmp75 wrote: »
    What date is your medical. Mine is 27th.

Yeah same here Friday morning, 2 weeks living like a monk lol

• Advertisement

Have you got a garage yet?
    Is the training mostly out on the road or in the classroom?
    Thanks.

First week is 2 days in classroom and 3 days out on the road. The second week is 3 days in classroom and 2 days on the road. They will take you out in all the type buses they operate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

First week is 2 days in classroom and 3 days out on the road. The second week is 3 days in classroom and 2 days on the road. They will take you out in all the type buses they operate.

Do do take in single deckers even though they only have 2

Only if you are based in Donnybrook and if you going to be on that route the single decker uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

Can any of you lads tell me what the driving assessment & interview is like more so assessment is there a certain route you go on when leaving broad stone .. If any of yours done it there .. Cheers in advance lads

I was taken out to Cabra and Finglas around the estates, some tricky little areas but just take your time and give cyclists loads of room, obviously mirrors, mirrors mirrors, the interview they will ask for examples of teamwork and ask you about safety.
    Fairly straight forward, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

I was taken out to Cabra and Finglas around the estates, some tricky little areas but just take your time and give cyclists loads of room, obviously mirrors, mirrors mirrors, the interview they will ask for examples of teamwork and ask you about safety.
    Fairly straight forward, best of luck.

Appreciate that thanks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

I attended the open day for women drivers, I really enjoyed the experience; meeting the staff and being shown behind-the-scenes in the Phibsboro Depot.

I obtained my D Learner Licence and CPC Bus Case Study and have just had notice this morning from Dublin Bus to attend a written assessment on 26th May.

If anyone can give me any advice or help in preparing for this assessment? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Hi - iv been asked to attend aptitude test in few weeks and one of the requirements is to bring a letter from NDSL to say you have no endorsements. Is that the same as penalty points as I have a few of these? Worried now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

Yes Lola7301, it's confirmation of your penalty points.

Advertisement