Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

btmp75 wrote: »
    So how many hours a week at flat rate? What is the realistic take home wage for a newcomer per week? Is the payment weekly, biweekly or monthly?

39 hours flat rate before time and a half. Take home depends on your tax banding. On the 4 day week gross take home (weekly pay) is 579 so far as I remember. There is always scope for overtime and additional hours here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Lola7301 wrote: »
    It was fare calculation, write a report and multi choice questions, fairly straight forward. We were held up as a lot of people didn't fill out vetting forms properly. Best of luck today!

Oh my goodness.
    The amount of people this morning who were not capable of filling out a form with very clear instuction was ridiculous . It took ages.
    I also wonder why people came without the correct paperwork?? Im sure everyone got the same letter..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Lola7301 wrote: »
    It was fare calculation, write a report and multi choice questions, fairly straight forward. We were held up as a lot of people didn't fill out vetting forms properly. Best of luck today!

Thanks. Went well, it was the same today lots of people had the form filled out wrong and had to fill a new one in. It'll be Oct / Nov by the time we get called for an interview if today was successful😱

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Was at the assessment today myself. Test wasn't taxing, the wait in't ideal, you wouldn't want to be going hungry waiting on this job..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

same here. done written assessment this morning 9 am.
    if any one interested:
    1st part fare calculation (10 y old level)
    2nd writing accident report (woman falls in bus)
    30 min for both
    3rd 8 stories (CPC like) need to pick best suitable answer to least one out of 4
    30 min for it
    I was bit stressed but it turns easy enough.

I don't know which one is worst: waiting for next 2 weeks for rejection letter or waiting till Oct/Nov for interview/driving assessment?

at the end i spoke with young guy from HR he told me they have over 300 candidates for interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

same here. done written assessment this morning 9 am.
    if any one interested:
    1st part fare calculation (10 y old level)
    2nd writing accident report (woman falls in bus)
    30 min for both
    3rd 8 stories (CPC like) need to pick best suitable answer to least one out of 4
    30 min for it
    I was bit stressed but it turns easy enough.

I don't know which one is worst: waiting for next 2 weeks for rejection letter or waiting till Oct/Nov for interview/driving assessment?

at the end i spoke with young guy from HR he told me they have over 300 candidates for interviews.

I did my written assessment yesterday, our report was a passenger complaining about someone smoking on the bus. We too were told that if successful we would hear in November. So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I did my written assessment yesterday, our report was a passenger complaining about someone smoking on the bus. We too were told that if successful we would hear in November. So disappointing.

Yeah its crazy to drag so many people half way thru a process and then expect them to wait. I am sure they will lose out on some good candidates.

Just so you folks know, this isn't something new. Over a decade ago when I slogged thru the process I ended up with a letter to say thanks for applying and no more drivers would be taken on at the moment, we will keep your application on file. 3 months later they rang me and offered me a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

liger wrote: »
    Yeah its crazy to drag so many people half way thru a process and then expect them to wait. I am sure they will lose out on some good candidates.

Just so you folks know, this isn't something new. Over a decade ago when I slogged thru the process I ended up with a letter to say thanks for applying and no more drivers would be taken on at the moment, we will keep your application on file. 3 months later they rang me and offered me a job.

did the medical today. Gone well. Now the waiting game again....Garda vetting. Garda vetting form for the current job sent by the end of March. No news yet. So surely its a waiting game. What to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Starlight35

did the medical today. Gone well. Now the waiting game again....Garda vetting. Garda vetting form for the current job sent by the end of March. No news yet. So surely its a waiting game. What to do.

You've waited this long, you might as well hang on in there. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bumpynut

You've waited this long, you might as well hang on in there. Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

I've never in my life .seen such a long drawn out process ..at it 6 months now waiting on driving assement .

• Advertisement

What did the medical consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

For how many positions I wonder

What did the medical consist of?

Our medical history...any serious illnesses, any current medical condition, any cuts, wounds, fractures, dislocations...when, did you attend any hospital, any problems after that. Then urine test, blood test, eye test, ECG. weight, height..etc. Thats all.
    If they found any thing they will refer you to GP

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭jiayf

got letter from dublin bus on 26 of May, will do the driving skills assessment on 14 June, i got leaner D permit, The letter said the driving skills assessment will be carried out by a Training center instructor in a car, what is the driving skills assessment like? should i treat it like the RSA driving test? can i driving my own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jiayf wrote: »
    got letter from dublin bus on 26 of May, will do the driving skills assessment on 14 June, i got leaner D permit, The letter said the driving skills assessment will be carried out by a Training center instructor in a car, what is the driving skills assessment like? should i treat it like the RSA driving test? can i driving my own car?

You will be best head all advice given previously.

Drive safely and to the rules.
    No it won't be in your car. It's whatever they have available at the time. I done in a hiace.

Do good mirror use and progress and stay well clear of cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dawid niedzwiadek

It silly question but do you drive on bus lane as a bus? Or just a normal drive?

It silly question but do you drive on bus lane as a bus? Or just a normal drive?
    I don't think its a silly question. I think; since you drive a car or van, you are not allowed to use the bus lane. Otherwise the instructor will tell you. But my advice is better you ask the instructor/tester before the test. I don't think he /she will fail you for that question. They will give you a chance before the test for any clarification.

You will be best head all advice given previously.

Drive safely and to the rules.
    No it won't be in your car. It's whatever they have available at the time. I done in a hiace.

Do good mirror use and progress and stay well clear of cyclists.

Thanks mate! that is what am afraid, cus i never drive a Automatic car and after many years drvie the car with out hand break, i almost forgot how to use the hand break:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lucky79

what date did you sit your written assesment?

lucky79 wrote: »
    what date did you sit your written assesment?

1/03/2016

• Advertisement

1/03/2016

thanks, I did mine 4/3/2016, and waiting for letter. good luck with the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman400

Hi lads, first time poster.

I applied last October with a learner D licence, done the written assessment on march 4th and I'm still waiting on the driver assessment.

I rang human resources yesterday and they reckon I should be called by August/September.
    Its looking like its going to take more than 1 year from application to medical.

If I had thought it would have been this long I would have got my full D licence in the meantime.

So my advice to those who just did written assessments is to go and get your full licence asap and let them know. It will bump you up the queue.

Hi lads, first time poster.

I applied last October with a learner D licence, done the written assessment on march 4th and I'm still waiting on the driver assessment.

I rang human resources yesterday and they reckon I should be called by August/September.
    Its looking like its going to take more than 1 year from application to medical.

If I had thought it would have been this long I would have got my full D licence in the meantime.

So my advice to those who just did written assessments is to go and get your full licence asap and let them know. It will bump you up the queue.[/quote

yes waiting and waiting, i applied in january, did written assesment 4/3/2016 and waiting. i was about to do the full licence but opted for the dublin bus chance of getting in just with learner permit.

Wish I had a spare 1500 to 2000 laying around.

Wish I had a spare 1500 to 2000 laying around.

Closer to 3000 passed test early may ..done lessons with airport driving school their very good ..but sorry to say it's not cheap ...and that's before paying for physical licence/ CPC card /tachograph card ..it's all money ..I hope it's worth it 😲

bumpynut wrote: »
    Closer to 3000 passed test early may ..done lessons with airport driving school their very good ..but sorry to say it's not cheap ...and that's before paying for physical licence/ CPC card /tachograph card ..it's all money ..I hope it's worth it 😲

how long did it take you? expensive allright, i expected somwhere about 2000 max.

how long did it take you? expensive allright, i expected somwhere about 2000 max.

It took me two months .that's with financial restrictions.i was paying for the lessons as I was going ..to give you an example ..the day of your test alone will cost 500 euro three hours for test including CPC and I done two hour pretest..it's 100 an hour every lesson is two hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

bumpynut wrote: »
    It took me two months .that's with financial restrictions.i was paying for the lessons as I was going ..to give you an example ..the day of your test alone will cost 500 euro three hours for test including CPC and I done two hour pretest..it's 100 an hour every lesson is two hours

I used Irish school of motoring myself. Less than 1K over all i did it for.

Airport are much more expensive than ism. And ism i find great. Passed first time around in the coach with them. (Same coach too btw, merc / setra)

I used Irish school of motoring myself. Less than 1K over all i did it for.

Airport are much more expensive than ism. And ism i find great. Passed first time around in the coach with them. (Same coach too btw, merc / setra)
    well that sounds better i'm tempted to go for it.

• Advertisement

well that sounds better i'm tempted to go for it.

That's 5 lessons. It may take more if ye have never drove a bus before

Advertisement