Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

AlekSmart wrote: »
    If ye can't help them,then at least try not to hinder 'em... yea....?

Tellus,Kopperberg S&L .....would the applicants learn any of the things you mention,driving for any other Bus company in Dublin,or are all the others,havens of tranquility,positivity and good karma ?

Id say the first one about telling the controller to go and sit on it would be a dublin bus triat. We can say that to the controller since we have to get there safely / not necessarily quickly. But you know - off the record - some companies have rumours going about them say they would sack people for being late etc. But how true that is i dont know.

But a confrontation with a motorbikest can be had anywhere. I actually think its bad form dublin bus using a motor cycle question like that very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

halimc220 wrote: »
    When I asked for help no one reply to my question. So I will not reply to your question.

Thats probably the attitude that Dublin Bus saw last year when they turned you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

LastStop wrote: »
    Thats probably the attitude that Dublin Bus saw last year when they turned you down.

Who ur talking to?

Who ur talking to?

You ::

Hi there,
    Did my driving test and interview on 06/03/2015 but didn't receive any thing up to date. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Have my D theory on Thursday and cpc on the 28th.

Cant wait to get a shot at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 halimc220

Hi there,
    Did my driving test and interview on 06/03/2015 but didn't receive any thing up to date. Any suggestions?

People who selected for next stage, they got a call next day after the interview. So if u didn't get a call next day after interview than u will receive a letter with unsuccessful.

People who selected for next stage, they got a call next day after the interview. So if u didn't get a call next day after interview than u will receive a letter with unsuccessful.

No that's what YOU wrote a year ago, hence I said it was probably your attitude that you didn't get hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Have my D theory on Thursday and cpc on the 28th.

Cant wait to get a shot at this.

Have you applied?

If you haven't then get on it, it will take awhile for them to come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Hi there,

You Should Receive A Letter For your Medical date Next,Mine Came About a Week After Interview.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Received a phone call today with a job offer!!

Very happy 😆😆😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Congrats on job offer, when's your start date?

Wolf219 wrote: »
    Congrats on job offer, when's your start date?

Thanks, starting April 4th.. can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Very happy 😆😆😆

Congrats well done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Thanks, starting April 4th.. can't wait.
    Welcome to the asylum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eeeeno

Very happy 😆😆😆

Well done, best of luck in the new job

Might be a stupid question but does anyone know if you still get paid while in the training school for dublin bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Might be a stupid question but does anyone know if you still get paid while in the training school for dublin bus?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Congratulations!
    Have you your D license already or are you going to get the full training?

Congratulations!
    Have you your D license already or are you going to get the full training?

Have the full D already, got rejected last year and made it through second time round thank god.

yes

Thanks punisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Thanks punisher.

Hi burgermasters, Congrats..for the new job and hope you will enjoy it to the fullest. All my best wishes.

Now may I ask you about the tests, coz I am going to face them very soon.

First one is aptitude test. What did they ask? what was your answer? Any specific method you used? How did you prepare? What materials / guides / books you used?
    Second is Driving test. When did you know you passed the aptitude test? How many days after your aptitude test was the driving test? Do you have any driving experience before in such buses? What things to take care of while driving compared to coaches? Where did the test started and which route did you go? How long it took and where it ended. Any specific point of route needs special attention?
    Interview - when was the interview and how long? What did they ask - mainly about security, safety, driving methods etc....?
    Medical - When was the medical and where was it conducted? How many days after the interview?

Finally may i ask how long it took from first test to your job offer?

I have no idea about the test and bit confused about how to prepare for it. So If you could give a reply at the earliest, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

btmp75 wrote: »
    Hi burgermasters, Congrats..for the new job and hope you will enjoy it to the fullest. All my best wishes.

Now may I ask you about the tests, coz I am going to face them very soon.

First one is aptitude test. What did they ask? what was your answer? Any specific method you used? How did you prepare? What materials / guides / books you used?
    Second is Driving test. When did you know you passed the aptitude test? How many days after your aptitude test was the driving test? Do you have any driving experience before in such buses? What things to take care of while driving compared to coaches? Where did the test started and which route did you go? How long it took and where it ended. Any specific point of route needs special attention?
    Interview - when was the interview and how long? What did they ask - mainly about security, safety, driving methods etc....?
    Medical - When was the medical and where was it conducted? How many days after the interview?

Finally may i ask how long it took from first test to your job offer?

I have no idea about the test and bit confused about how to prepare for it. So If you could give a reply at the earliest, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Thanks btmp.

The aptitude test is straight forward my 9 year old daughter could get passed it, it just asks you to solve some maths things like fares from stages, a couple of safety questions and then a 200 word report on an incident... It was two weeks or so after I got the date for interview and driving test, you must pass the driving test to get the interview, the driving test is a quick route around city centre just think safety safety safety and remember most if not all of the city is 30 speed limit give cyclists plenty of room they can be the bane of your life, I have experience driving all kinds of busses so that helped, the interview will be the same day if you pass the driving test, that is again straight forward just all about your experience work wise and again safety safety safety, the following day I got a call for medical for two weeks after, that's a full nct urine tests blood tests weight hearing eye sight and the likes once you pass that it's just waiting for a call with a job offer, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Lard wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I done the assessment part of process last week .The first part was adding up fares ie.what fare do you charge for two schoolchildren and one adult going 13 stages . It gave a list of fares per stages and cost per child/adult .It was fairly easy . The second part was to write a 200 word report on a incident that happened on your bus. The incident was that a woman approached you at the terminal and said that her "handbag was missing". The third part was tricky . There was eight scenarios and each scenario had four options on what you would do in each case . For instance
    (A) You are running behind on your Bus route due to traffic etc and central control have contacted you to find out why. A car has pulled in front of you in the bus lane and is driving slowly.Do you

(1) Beep your horn and hope he moves out of buslane
    (2) Drive closely behind him
    (3) call central control and get them to report car to garda
    (4) Do nothing and get on with it.

(B) You pull out from bus stop after checking mirrors but a motorcyclist who is driving very fast has to swerve to avoid you. the motorcyclist then pulls his bike in front of the bus and starts knocking on the door to get on bus

Hi Lard what about the test result? Hope you passed and got a date for driving test?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lard

No word yet .

Lard wrote: »
    No word yet .

How long ago did you do the aptitude test? Have you done the interview and driving test yet??

I did mine aptitude test just over 3 weeks ago now.

They told us if we haven't heard from them in the first 2 weeks after it then it would be the end of April for the next stage.

I was in the group of people with no D Licence.

I did mine aptitude test just over 3 weeks ago now.

They told us if we haven't heard from them in the first 2 weeks after it then it would be the end of April for the next stage.

I was in the group of people with no D Licence.

I would just hang in there pirateshampoo,

It took a few months for me to get through everything aswell, I know there is a group starting in the training school on Monday the 4thof April, I would imagine it's a case of getting that group up and running and then taking in the next group? Hope you hear something soon.

I would just hang in there pirateshampoo,

It took a few months for me to get through everything aswell, I know there is a group starting in the training school on Monday the 4thof April, I would imagine it's a case of getting that group up and running and then taking in the next group? Hope you hear something soon.

Well there are 3 of us who all went at the same time, im not worried yet, they have heard nothing either.

If we hadnt passed the aptitude test then they said we would here from them within 2 weeks of the test.

Well there are 3 of us who all went at the same time, im not worried yet, they have heard nothing either.

If we hadnt passed the aptitude test then they said we would here from them within 2 weeks of the test.
    They told us when we did if we didn't hear we didn't get through??? But hopefully you hear something soon! It's a very long process.

• Advertisement

They told us when we did if we didn't hear we didn't get through??? But hopefully you hear something soon! It's a very long process.

Other way around for us, one of my mates had the test in the morning and was told the same as us "if you get a letter in the next 2 weeks then you haven't made it to the next stage"

Are you in the Full D group? We did ours on the 4th of March.

Advertisement